• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Listening to the ABSIT show from 1996 tonight reminds me of how the reverse speech stuff got really boring when they play the same clips over and over again at different speeds, especially on the many later shows with David Oates.
Like "Man will spacewalk"
Art must be boiling mad the network is playing an old c2c with David Oates and reverse speech considering the later legal problems he had with the guy...

mikealden

Well I guess that answers that question.

Sardondi

Quote from: mikealden on May 11, 2013, 08:14:46 PM
Let's not get our hankies too wet for Art: all this means is that his old shows were part of the multi-million $ package which Art got. What was it? $10 million?

The General

Interesting that they don't come after the streamers then.  For using their property.

Eddie Coyle

Imagine Premiere having dominion of your radio legacy?  ???

That would kinda spur me into wanting to take them on as soon as possible...but then again, I've never shook hands with the devil. What's happened to C2C should be a tutorial in why bigger ain't better.

bigchucka

Quote from: Morgus on May 11, 2013, 07:47:03 PM
Art must be boiling mad the network is playing an old c2c with David Oates and reverse speech considering the later legal problems he had with the guy...

I'm curious about his thoughts on that as well.  I'm not a friend of his on Facebook though...

ItsOver

That's what I thought.  So why was Art making a big deal about SIT?  If PremRat owned the rights to Art's old shows from the get go when Art sold to PremRat, why get upset about PremRat continuing to do SIT?  Did something change recently?   ???

Oh well.  The bottom line is I'm just glad SIT is still on the airwaves, especially since Art doesn't appear to be coming back to the airwaves.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on May 11, 2013, 10:42:51 PM
So why was Art making a big deal about SIT?  If PremRat owned the rights to Art's old shows from the get go when Art sold to PremRat, why get upset about PremRat continuing to do SIT?  Did something change recently?   ???
Purportedly what changed recently was the expiration of Art Bell's no-compete period with Premrat...

Scully

Isn't it time to play our collective song, ItsOver?  ::)

Maybe if we listen to it a few times, we Die Hard optimists will finally believe it.  :'(

Roy Orbison - "It's Over" from Black and White Night

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 11, 2013, 04:55:38 AM
Re: Art on CNN - it is sad.  It's the result of broadcast consultants who focus group everything.  (Oh,God, I just used focus group as a verb.) They take decision making away from people who have a seat-of-the-pants feel for news and substitute a formula.
Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 11, 2013, 10:35:45 AM
Damnit, Fill, I hate it when people go verbing words that are nouns!  (And don't get me started on people who nounize verbs -- otherwise, your post was a good read!)
Hahahahaha... You guys kill me.  I knew I'd cheer right up this morning if I checked in.  Good ones!!   :)

morphiaflow

Just speculation...

Premiere owns them, but Art probably gets--or is supposed to get--a fee every time they are aired, and/or has--or is supposed to have--some sort of approval over if/how they are used. If that's the case and Premiere wasn't holding up their end of the bargain, then he has a right to be upset.

If, conversely, it IS just a case of him not wanting his name to be associated with Coast anymore and he was simply taking a stand on that principal without anything to back him up other than "I'm asking nicely"--it's no surprise they didn't act.

Who knows what emails flew back and forth between them? For me at this point, with the issue of Art's "return" settled, the issue now becomes--what IS the "real story" Art was teasing for a while, and why hasn't he spoken up about it as he seemed close to doing? Because clearly, those things--his potential return, the SIT broadcasts, and his threatening to spill the beans--seem inextricably bound up together.

ItsOver

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 12, 2013, 02:24:23 PM
Just speculation...

Premiere owns them, but Art probably gets--or is supposed to get--a fee every time they are aired, and/or has--or is supposed to have--some sort of approval over if/how they are used. If that's the case and Premiere wasn't holding up their end of the bargain, then he has a right to be upset.

If, conversely, it IS just a case of him not wanting his name to be associated with Coast anymore and he was simply taking a stand on that principal without anything to back him up other than "I'm asking nicely"--it's no surprise they didn't act.

Who knows what emails flew back and forth between them? For me at this point, with the issue of Art's "return" settled, the issue now becomes--what IS the "real story" Art was teasing for a while, and why hasn't he spoken up about it as he seemed close to doing? Because clearly, those things--his potential return, the SIT broadcasts, and his threatening to spill the beans--seem inextricably bound up together.

From what I gather, it seemed to me to be more of Art just not being happy to have his name associated with Coast anymore. I agree, if Art sold the rights for his old shows to PremRat in the initial deal, PremRat has every right to keep broadcasting SIT, even if Art, or for that matter, anybody else isn't happy with the current state of C2C in general.  But who, either than PremRat, Art, and their loveable attorneys, really knows what was going on. 

Again, of course I can understand Art not being happy with what C2C has become but I'm just happy SIT is still on the air.  With SIT still on the air, it actually illustrates just how good things used to be with C2C and just how bad the current nightly crap-a-thon with Noory has become.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on May 12, 2013, 02:43:49 PM
Again, of course I can understand Art not being happy with what C2C has become but I'm just happy SIT is still on the air.  With SIT still on the air, it actually illustrates just how good things used to be with C2C and just how bad the current nightly crap-a-thon with Noory has become.
lots of folks must agree because PremRat would only keep airing the old Art Bell SIT shows if they keep getting decent ratings...

jazmunda

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 12, 2013, 02:24:23 PM
Just speculation...

Whilst I agree that Art doesn't want to be associated with what Coast has become he seems to have become very silent on spilling the beams and insisting that Prem Radio stop broadcasting SIT. It's almost as if there was some hush hush/go away/don't compete against us money thrown around. Maybe that was the case all along and there was never a serious offer on the table from elsewhere.

Disheartened

Quote from: jazmunda on May 12, 2013, 05:44:24 PM
Whilst I agree that Art doesn't want to be associated with what Coast has become he seems to have become very silent on spilling the beams and insisting that Prem Radio stop broadcasting SIT. It's almost as if there was some hush hush/go away/don't compete against us money thrown around. Maybe that was the case all along and there was never a serious offer on the table from elsewhere.

That is my thinking also.

jazmunda

Art's getting very chatty on Facebook these days. I think it's time for him to reinstate artbell.com and start his own blog.

Quote from: Art Bell on Facebook
A very sad day for America when we learn the A.P. had both personal and professional phones tapped by the gov't. This was a broad intrusion not narrow, both Reporters and Editors. Even if legal I think it marks another loss for us all. Sad

ItsOver

Quote from: Scully on May 12, 2013, 03:10:25 AM
Isn't it time to play our collective song, ItsOver?  ::)

Maybe if we listen to it a few times, we Die Hard optimists will finally believe it.  :'(

Roy Orbison - "It's Over" from Black and White Night

I keep fighting it, but Roy's haunting voice keeps ringing in my ears.  :(

Scully

Quote from: ItsOver on May 13, 2013, 09:22:05 PM
I keep fighting it, but Roy's haunting voice keeps ringing in my ears.  :(

Me too, but this thread is sounding very funereal, and Roy can really get the point across.

Quote from: jazmunda on May 13, 2013, 09:14:22 PM
Art's getting very chatty on Facebook these days. I think it's time for him to reinstate artbell.com and start his own blog.

I thought the same thing.  He's just itching to start talking again, and we're itching to hear him. Maybe we don't have to play the Orbison song yet after all.   ???

FortRock

DAVID OATS = WWCR = BLACKMAIL CONSPIRACY:
I remember that era, David Oats was identified by both Richard C. Hoagland, Mike Bara, and Whitley Strieber as part of the WWCR Conspiracy Against Art! Remember this includes certain writers of the Philippine Hate Letter Champaign based in and about the University of San Diego Campus, and certain business interests in the Santa Cruz, California area (where Art was an Emergency 911 Operator / did a news public affairs show for Salinas-Monteray CBS Affiliate KION-TV 46 / and ran a semi-controversial Dating Service)! Remember this Conspiracy helped George Noory, and his St. Louis Supporters to come to Premire Power!

ART BELL IS IN TALKS WITH KTKK, SALT LAKE CITY:
The CBS Radio Affiliates Association is in negotiations with Art Bell, KTKK Radio Salt Lake City, and some Las Vegas Business Interests to Syndicate "FRINGE RADIO" on a Monday through Friday basis. Art Bell will do a Saturday Night Show from 9:00PM to 1:00AM PT, that will be semi-affiliated with "Adventures Unlimited Press". This is VERY preliminary!

Quote from: FortRock on May 14, 2013, 01:09:26 PM
I remember that era, David Oats was identified by both Richard C. Hoagland, Mike Bara, and Whitley Strieber as part of the WWCR Conspiracy Against Art! Remember this Conspiracy helped George Noory, and his St. Louis Supporters to come to Premire Power!

The CBS Radio Affiliates Association is in negotiations with Art Bell, KTKK Radio Salt Lake City, and some Las Vegas Business Interests to Syndicate "FRINGE RADIO" on a Monday through Friday basis. Art Bell will do a Saturday Night Show from 9:00PM to 1:00AM PT, that will be semi-affiliated with "Adventures Unlimited Press". This is VERY preliminary!
Fuck an A.
Have you implemented Plan Delta F/R?

MV/Liberace!

I remember that era, David Oats was identified by both Richard C. Hoagland, Mike Bara, and Whitley Strieber as part of the WWCR Conspiracy Against Art! Remember this includes certain writers of the Philippine Hate Letter Champaign based in and about the University of San Diego Campus, and certain business interests in the Santa Cruz, California area (where Art was an Emergency 911 Operator / did a news public affairs show for Salinas-Monteray CBS Affiliate KION-TV 46 / and ran a semi-controversial Dating Service)! Remember this Conspiracy helped George Noory, and his St. Louis Supporters to come to Premire Power!

your information sucks my balls.

jazmunda

More from Art on Facebook. Really needs his own blog or podcast. He obviously still has things to say and a built in audience to listen.

Quote from: Art Bell on Facebook
Don't get me wrong, we still have the best Country with the best idea for it's people. We just have to guard against its slipping away while we sleep.

jazmunda

Compared to you and your record, Ed Dames & Sean David Morton are ten star general seers.

ItsOver

Looks like somebody has been playing with his scorpions again.

The General

Weren't you banned for having multiple user accounts? 
Weren't you run out of here on a rail for making up fictitious 'sources'?
Weren't you shamed for lying about your association with Whitley Streiber?
Weren't you exposed as a fraud about 50 pages ago?
Do you really think anyone here takes you seriously?

Aren't you embarrassed to post here?

heater

I heard from my source in Russia that Art was in talks to do a co-hosting gig every other week on a podcast I listen to called Radio Train Wreck.  I listen to that show a lot and I think he will do great on it.  It was really easy to figure this out if you do the basic math on it.  Art Bell was on the "radio" + he has said the word "train" on several occasions / the "wreck" C2C is currently.  It was all there just waiting for us to see it.  The only reason I figured this out so quickly (not counting my Russian source) is because I am a true member of the Scorpion Army.

Take me to the magic of the moment.  On a glory night. Where the...

eddie dean

FortRock is the Sylvia Browne of Coastgab.

Always wrong.

The End

Sardondi

Quote from: jazmunda on May 12, 2013, 05:44:24 PM
Gee, like maybe the whole point of the "I'm in discussions about returning" and "Stand by" Facebook posts were just cynical ploys to extort some more $ from PremRad? And maybe those posts to "his fans" were actually meant as threatening communications to PremRad? It only took about two weeks for it all to go away. Funny how that dream died so quickly and completely. "Not now" my ass. More like, "not until I get a little hungry again and want another suitcase of cash delivered to my front door by Premiere."

I can believe it. And do. Folks, I'm afraid to say it, but I believe all Art did was to use our affection and devotion as a way to shake the money tree a little more. We were the club he shook at them, and I'm betting they paid him again to put it down. Nothing illegal about it. It's entirely above board. I just don't appreciate being used as someone's cudgel.   

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on May 15, 2013, 07:44:01 AM
Gee, like maybe the whole point of the "I'm in discussions about returning" and "Stand by" Facebook posts were just cynical ploys to extort some more $ from PremRad? And maybe those posts to "his fans" were actually meant as threatening communications to PremRad? It only took about two weeks for it all to go away. Funny how that dream died so quickly and completely. "Not now" my ass. More like, "not until I get a little hungry again and want another suitcase of cash delivered to my front door by Premiere."

I can believe it. And do. Folks, I'm afraid to say it, but I believe all Art did was to use our affection and devotion as a way to shake the money tree a little more. We were the club he shook at them, and I'm betting they paid him again to put it down. Nothing illegal about it. It's entirely above board. I just don't appreciate being used as someone's cudgel.

Regardless if anything such as you describe is true or not, Sardondi, the sad thing is PremRat wouldn't be dealing with any of this type of activity if they had the conscious to hire a decent C2C host.  Art would be doing nothing but enjoying his retirement and we'd still be enjoying a good night time radio show.  The fact that PremRat is still airing Art's old shows as SIT should tell them something.  If the current C2C is so damn good, why feel the need to broadcast shows that over 10 years old rather than some of Noory's supposed "classics" ::)  in the SIT time slot.   Funny how things work usually pretty well if you just do things right to begin with.