• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Juan

Last night’s Heather show is posted on artbelllegacy.com.  You can right click and download, so Harry Fox and RIAA and maybe BMI and ASCAP should be interested.

Nobody

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 11:50:33 PM
All we have to do is look at the guesses for the pool and see who wins.

Was this:

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 14, 2018, 04:09:39 AM

...the closest guess? 

timebandit

cleaned up audio available for download on the front page
https://artbelllegacy.com/

cweb

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 15, 2018, 07:10:32 AM
Carl you silly pimp, Wordpress is more subservient than a dozen chubby Filipina brides
Give him a break. He's fighting with the Flash embeds and the iFrames are not cooperating.

cweb

Quote from: timebandit on May 15, 2018, 07:27:46 AM
Sure hope those cat ladies don't have dialup. It's a massive 326MB file.

Mmmm, listen to that silky smooth 192kbps mono encode. Heather sure sounds hot. And by "hot," I mean clipping constantly.

wr250

Quote from: cweb on May 15, 2018, 07:34:35 AM
Sure hope those cat ladies don't have dialup. It's a massive 326MB file.

Mmmm, listen to that silky smooth 192kbps mono encode. Heather sure sounds hot. And by "hot," I mean clipping constantly.

apparently no one at lnm networks knows how to set up a test stream to check for things like clipping ...

cweb

Quote from: wr250 on May 15, 2018, 07:42:39 AM
apparently no one at lnm networks knows how to set up a test stream to check for things like clipping ...

This used to drive me nuts with freelance TV shooters. They'd look at the meter and never listen to the audio. Well, if the meters are fine, the audio has to be fine too. Right?  ::)

Juan

I wonder if LNM recorded it or Heather recorded it? With Carl probably having posted it, I’d suspect It was recorded in Heather’s rewired studio.

Edit- the commercials are included, so it must be a LNM production.

Bart Ell

Art taught me that if it is not in the red then people aren't listening.
Art said the same rules apply to analog and digital.
#ClippingLegacy

It sounds like Heather's doing this show from a cell phone. Art would've hung up on her.

Juan

Quote from: cweb on May 15, 2018, 07:44:37 AM
This used to drive me nuts with freelance TV shooters. They'd look at the meter and never listen to the audio. Well, if the meters are fine, the audio has to be fine too. Right?  ::)
It wasn’t just the freelancers with me. The damn engineers would tell the station photogs that as long as they had the limiter turned on, they didn’t need to worry about audio.

Catsmile

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 15, 2018, 05:39:02 AM
Right but I wouldn't know that since I know nothing about Dave according to Catsmile.

He was the location scout for Ghost Adventures but he left that gig. He's appeared on it several times. I don't think he's doing anything on TV right now.  He's still friends with Zak Bagans so it was an amicable departure.

So 4th rate cable TV shows, rubbing elbow with those Hollywood types. Yet Dave graciously comes down from Beverly Hills to slum it with a podcast MitD and us. Wow, what a man of the people. Please, tell us more about how well you know him, and his finances 21st. Obviously you are in the know about all things Dave, Sir. White Knight. 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on May 15, 2018, 02:28:04 AM
Time for me to go classic and fall asleep to the Real Art Bell. Goodnight Children of the Night
I'm a fan of the 'Children of the Night' line. I mean, duh, I love vampires and one of the places that this is from the Bram's Stoker's movie version which I love as well. Major Tide Pods for Good Dave referring to anything remotely vampiric.

Also I fall asleep listening to old Art episodes too.
So TigerLily we have that in common too.  ;)

wr250

Quote from: cweb on May 15, 2018, 07:28:33 AM
Give him a break. He's fighting with the Flash embeds and the iFrames are not cooperating.
the same flash that $micro$oft keeps issuing updates  biweekly for, due to security issues?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 15, 2018, 07:53:05 AM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/996387914673262599
I hate to use this analogy as it is offensive to monkeys everywhere but a monkey could to do wordpress. I did my personal page and I do all of the maintenance for my employer's work page. It's not fucking hard. You don't even have to know code to do it.

wr250

even i know to do that. and im a rank amatuer at podcasting.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 15, 2018, 08:01:57 AM
I'm a fan of the 'Children of the Night' line. I mean, duh, I love vampires and one of the places that this is from the Bram's Stoker's movie version which I love as well. Major Tide Pods for Good Dave referring to anything remotely vampiric.

Also I fall asleep listening to old Art episodes too.
So TigerLily we have that in common too.  ;)

My dog’s name was Mina. She was 5-6 when we adopted her, but her name was immediately awesome.. thus we weren’t changing it.

Quote from: mgordon on May 15, 2018, 02:15:07 AM
That's fine,  I think.   I really mean the words.   She didn't say Midnight In The Desert.

Huh??  She literally opened the show as "Midnight In The Desert".

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 15, 2018, 08:13:07 AM
My dog’s name was Mina. She was 5-6 when we adopted her, but her name was immediately awesome.. thus we weren’t changing it.
That is awesome!  :)

Bluejay

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 05:20:08 AM
That was obviously a Crystal Gayle impersonator. Did you actually see Crystal Gayle make that call?

Bluejay

Quote from: Hank on May 15, 2018, 05:27:34 AM
I lurk on Facebag like I lurk here. I've forgotten which group it was in exactly, but several are flipping over the @artbelllegacy twitter. Hahaha. They're reporting it to Twitter as an impersonator.

Sean92008

...or the supposed professional behind the mic changed her cadence and volume between tests and the real thing...  Funny, I thought she had tons of compression there too. (in Art's her studio)

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 15, 2018, 07:47:18 AM
Art taught me that if it is not in the red then people aren't listening.
Art said the same rules apply to analog and digital.
#ClippingLegacy

Now, that sounds like somebody who's been in an actual recording studio!

Bluejay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 15, 2018, 05:39:02 AM
Right but I wouldn't know that since I know nothing about Dave according to Catsmile.

He was the location scout for Ghost Adventures but he left that gig. He's appeared on it several times. I don't think he's doing anything on TV right now.  He's still friends with Zak Bagans so it was an amicable departure.

weeberwubber

QuoteQuote from: Mika on Today at 01:19:43 AM
Any news from Heather's older sister about all this drama. I think her name is Lisa.
She apparently posted on Heather's fb couple of days after Heather took over MITD congratulating Heather but that post was taken down next day.
Heather was very surprised reading her post and responded that it was so nice to hear from her after so many years.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 15, 2018, 12:21:28 AM
I remember the event but didn’t remember her name.

Last name Minei?  :o

rondo

Quote from: creepygreenlight on May 15, 2018, 08:13:17 AM
Huh??  She literally opened the show as "Midnight In The Desert".

Yep, she said, "... welcome all of you to Midnight In The Desert" right at the beginning.

weeberwubber

Quote from: timebandit on May 15, 2018, 07:27:46 AM

327 megs! LOL! That's a lotta crying!

cweb

Quote from: rondo on May 15, 2018, 08:38:23 AM

Yep, she said, "... welcome all of you to Midnight In The Desert" right at the beginning.
That's also how the file is tagged. Well, until it gets taken down for legal reasons.