• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast to Coast Guest Melvin Morse convicted of Child Abuse!

Started by area51drone, February 13, 2014, 05:04:06 PM

Dr. Morse was actually my doctor as a kid. The man was great and helped me through a horrible ailment in my childhood. Very odd to read this stuff. *shrug*

Yorkshire pud

Pauline Morse and her daughter, now 12, testified that Melvin Morse used waterboarding as a threat or a form of punishment. Waterboarding as used in the past by U.S. interrogators on terror suspects simulates drowning. Many critics call it torture.

Yeah? That's because it is. Which dumbfuck thinks it isn't?

According to testimony, the allegations of waterboarding surfaced after the girl ran away. The girl went to a classmate's home the morning after Morse grabbed her by the ankle and dragged her across a gravel driveway into the home, where she was spanked and warned of worse punishment the next day. When investigators questioned the girl, then 11, she told them about what she called waterboarding.
Prosecutors argued that in addition to being waterboarded, Morse subjected the girl to other abuse, including being forced to stand with arms outstretched for hours at a time; being confined to her room, where she had to use her toy box or closet as a toilet; and being deprived of food or force fed until she vomited.

Oh my, he'll find a new best friend in jail. One who might just not be best pleased with a child abuser being in close proximity.

Pauline Morse said she hoped her cooperation with prosecutors will bolster her chances of being reunited with her daughters.

Hmmm, her daughters might not actually give a damn about what the prosecution might think.

area51drone

My thought on this is, aside from it being appalling, let your wife discipline her own kids, you discipline yours.   This girl probably had some issues, it might have been with Morse, but it could have just been with the fact her mom got remarried.   I think it's likely this is only coming out now because they got divorced. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: area51drone on February 14, 2014, 05:45:54 AM
My thought on this is, aside from it being appalling, let your wife discipline her own kids, you discipline yours. This girl was innocent, it was entirely a bullying bastard called Morse.   I think it's likely this is only coming out now because they got divorced.

FIFW

area51drone

??  I didn't say she should have been abused.  I'm just saying she probably had some issues.   Doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong.    Were you abused as a child pud?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: area51drone on February 14, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
??  I didn't say she should have been abused.  I'm just saying she probably had some issues.   Doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong.    Were you abused as a child pud?

No I wasn't, but sadly I know several (mainly women) who were. 'Having issues' is not mitigation for abuse; if you didn't imply that, then I apologise.

albrecht

Wow. I wonder if C2C will mention this. I did hear George talk about the arrest, a bit. But now that he is convicted. Anyone recall any other guests that got into criminal trouble? I recall Bob Lazar has had some.

Btw: allegations of abuse during divorce can get really ugly. I'm not saying that he didn't do it, it appears the doctor did some awful stuff but children can be manipulated into saying things (recall much of Satanic panic in the 80's) and sadly conflicting parties in a divorce can try to use the children, or their allegations, as a weapon.

And phrasing matters. For example, me as a kid getting his mouth washed out with soap for cursing is that "water boarding"? Or a good spanking is that now "tortuous whipping"? Being forced to set in the corner at school is now "positional torture", being dressed down by a teacher for not knowing the subject is now "humiliation torture", being forced to run laps or do push-ups by a coach is now "hazing", etc.

yumyumtree

Oh, yeah. Sean David Morton?

To his credit, George did mention this, the latest one, I mean.

I agree, divorces and breakups can be a minefield for this stuff, especially if in-laws decide to get in the act. I suspect that this may be what happened with Woody Allen, but there's no way to know for sure.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 15, 2014, 01:37:02 AM
Oh, yeah. Sean David Morton?

To his credit, George did mention this, the latest one, I mean.

I agree, divorces and breakups can be a minefield for this stuff, especially if in-laws decide to get in the act. I suspect that this may be what happened with Woody Allen, but there's no way to know for sure.
And when people are famous, aka Jimmy Savile etc, charges and allegations are ignored and covered-up or glossed over. And people forget also the amount of abuse in the CPS, foster child, schools, juvenile prisons, and organizations intended to protect children. So it is an awful situation and not just here in the USA. There are many current scandals going back decades in the UK, for example. And of course the RCC situation worldwide.

Yorkshire pud

During the trial in Georgetown, Delaware, Deputy Attorney General Melanie Withers said Morse would hold the girl's face under the tap, usually at the kitchen sink, and run water in her nose and mouth, causing her to choke, vomit, and fear for her life.

The girl told police he had held her face under a tap at least four times since 2009, in addition to dragging her across a gravel drive by the ankle and ruling all aspects of her life, down to when she could use the toilet and what she should eat.

Morse's defence lawyer, Joe Hurley, said the girl did not enjoy having her hair washed, so the family jokingly referred to the ordeal as waterboarding.

And his lawyer argued the girl had "oppositional issues" and had lied about abuse by a half-sibling in the past.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26182790