A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

MikeJ

Quote from: Juan on January 19, 2014, 02:33:45 PM
So (ha) once again the problem is the war on drugs.  The local police are provided military weapons by the feds to fight it - forfeiture laws give them more money to buy even more weapons.

Yes, the war on drugs has morphed from what I believe used to be a genuine concern for the well being of the citizenry to a money making enterprise.  Anyone else hear about the Pennsylvania judge who was getting kickbacks from privitized prisons for incarcerating people on minor charges?

I wonder if Wells is going to leave politics to the Caravan to Midnight and focus on strange topics for Coast.  Maybe I am hearing things, but I notice a lot more chuckles and laughter when he hosts Coast...

AZZERAE

Wells is cool but a little too buddy-buddy with Alex Jones for my liking.

Nebraska888

AND YET.....ANOTHER BORING PROGRAM FOR A DARK FRIDAY NIGHT.   GOD, WHAT A SHAME THAT WELLS CONTINUES TO RUIN EVERY WEEKEND WITH HIS CONSPIRACY THEORIES, GRAB 'YER GUNS, THE END IS NEAR!!!!!

PLEASE.....PLEASE.....MAKE IT STOP.    ???

FallenSeraph

TONIGHT!

Topics NEVER BEFORE COVERED by my hunk of burning radio love John B. Wells!

[attachimg=1]
Censored / Preparedness
Date:   01-25-14
Host:   John B. Wells
Guests:   Peter Phillips, Matthew Stein
In the first half, Peter Phillips, sociology professor and recent past director of Project Censored, joins John B. Wells to discuss the importance of a truly free press for democratic self-government, and exposing news censorship while promoting independent journalism. Followed by author Mat Stein, who'll talk about preparedness and what individuals can do to prepare for worst case scenarios, including medical issues.

Website(s):
www.projectcensored.org
www.matstein.com
www.whentechfails.com

Book(s):
When Technology Fails
When Disaster Strikes

In other news, here's my bumper music request, John!  ;) :-*

http://youtu.be/FMrIy9zm7QY

Juan

I'm writing a script for a documentary, and am at the point of transcribing all the interviews done by other people.  One woman is asking questions that make John B. Wells' seem succinct. I'm about to go nuts (more nuts?).

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 25, 2014, 01:04:35 PM
TONIGHT!

Topics NEVER BEFORE COVERED by my hunk of burning radio love John B. Wells!

[attachimg=1]

Hahaha... Just for you Seraphim.  ;D

ABBA - I HAVE A DREAM ( LIVE VIA EUROVISION FROM STOCKHOLM )..wmv

Nebraska888

To correct myself.....John is not ruining a FRIDAY NIGHT.....

HE IS RUINING ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT WITH HIS CONSPIRACY, GRAB YER' GUNS, THE GOVERNMENT SUCKS, WE'RE ALL BEING SCREWED AND DECEIVED, THE END IS NEAR, WHERE'S YOUR BUNKER?, ....ETC....ETC...ETC.....

I WANT PARANORMAL ON A DARK SATURDAY NIGHT!   GEEZ!!!!   ENOUGH, ENOUGH, ENOUGH OF SATURDAY NIGHTS BORING THE CRAP OUT OF US.

CJYolo

Cops lie, cheat and steal.  I had a former cop tell me that when there would be drug busts, not all of the drugs or money made it to the evidence locker.  Yes, there are good cops that really care about their communities, but there are a lot of bad ones too.  And yes, they are being militarized.  If you get pulled over I advise everyone to video record the confrontation.  They may try to tell you you have to turn it off, but you don't.

valdez

I thought tenured communist psychopath Peter Phillips' rant would never end.  Damn those one percent criminals.  Heck, I could build my own computer out of twigs and squirrel fur if I wanted to.  And dig that oil out of the ground with my bare hands.  And refine that oil into gasoline with dried leaves and put it into the car I can build out of...peat moss.  Mat Stein's story about his wife was sad.

expat

JBW to Peter Phillips: "We've got another hour together, so think of a few things you want to say and let us have it"

This is a radio host who ran off the end of his 3x5 stack with an hour still to go. Hilarious.

wr250

Quote from: expat on January 26, 2014, 10:40:21 AM
JBW to Peter Phillips: "We've got another hour together, so think of a few things you want to say and let us have it"

This is a radio host who ran off the end of his 3x5 stack with an hour still to go. Hilarious.

should of been " "We've got another hour together, so lets open the lines and see whats out there"

VtaGeezer

Got a laugh last night. I think Wells was caught flat-footed by a conspiro-guest turning out to be a leftie, but he didn't have the balls to dump him like Noory does when guests don't stick to the script.

ItsOver

Quote from: expat on January 26, 2014, 10:40:21 AM

Hahaha...geesh, way to put in the effort, JB.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 25, 2014, 11:15:36 PM
To correct myself.....John is not ruining a FRIDAY NIGHT.....

HE IS RUINING ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT WITH HIS CONSPIRACY, GRAB YER' GUNS, THE GOVERNMENT SUCKS, WE'RE ALL BEING SCREWED AND DECEIVED, THE END IS NEAR, WHERE'S YOUR BUNKER?, ....ETC....ETC...ETC.....

I WANT PARANORMAL ON A DARK SATURDAY NIGHT!   GEEZ!!!!   ENOUGH, ENOUGH, ENOUGH OF SATURDAY NIGHTS BORING THE CRAP OUT OF US.

I fell asleep about 15 minutes into the show. Benadryl + Xanax + Propanolol = 15 hours of blissful sleep with lots of almost-lucid dreams. I dreamed Michael Jackson called me up and said, "I'm puttin' on a concert just for YOU, E!" (E = real name first initial which has become a nickname used by friends too lazy to actually say my whole name â€" I guess MJ is one of them.) And he did. It was cool. And he wasn't weird. But that's a whole 'nother story.

I too would love more paranormal stuff on a dark Saturday night. Especially from Mr. Deep Sexy Voice. The dude could just read ghost stories for four hours and it would be awesome. Hey, I'd spend the night in a haunted house with JB if he needs some show material! Hell, they should auction that off for charity. I'd bid all the way up to my remaining $20.  ;D

Speaking of haunted C2C shows, I always check George's calendar to see if he's coming to Memphis, particularly now that his calendar takes precedence over the other hosts' names under the "Hosts" menu on the C2C homepage. (When I saw this, I couldn't believe the AUDACITY and the EGO! Well, actually I could.) I do see that George is doing some kind of a haunted penitentiary stint in Ohio soon.

I'd hang out with George in a haunted jail for kicks â€" just for the stories, kids. Just for the stories.

(Rambling disjointed thoughts brought to you by Effexor withdrawal, migraine meds and the letter E.)

No Name Storm

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 26, 2014, 11:54:59 AM
Got a laugh last night. I think Wells was caught flat-footed by a conspiro-guest turning out to be a leftie, but he didn't have the balls to dump him like Noory does when guests don't stick to the script.

I gave up on Snooron and Un-Wells but couldn't sleep Saturday night and while listening, I thought the same. Evidently, this was a first time guest. My guess is this guy sounded different on paper and turned out to be a real leftie. Very refreshing and Un-Wells was really besides himself. It was sooo obvious he was holding it in. He wanted to tear into this guy. To his credit, he didn't, but he wanted to badly. He couldn't hide that. Why, because Premiere Radio and Un-Wells are right wing elitists.

wr250

Quote from: No Name Storm on January 27, 2014, 01:01:05 AM
I gave up on Snooron and Un-Wells but couldn't sleep Saturday night and while listening, I thought the same. Evidently, this was a first time guest. My guess is this guy sounded different on paper and turned out to be a real leftie. Very refreshing and Un-Wells was really besides himself. It was sooo obvious he was holding it in. He wanted to tear into this guy. To his credit, he didn't, but he wanted to badly. He couldn't hide that. Why, because Premiere Radio and Un-Wells are right wing elitists.

no, wells is a paranoid conspiracy theorist (on the order of alex jones), most right wingers would have nothing to do with him. premier has only one goal: to make money, they are money-centric, if it dont make them money they dont want it, hence the overload of commercials...

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 26, 2014, 02:11:13 PM

...Speaking of haunted C2C shows, I always check George's calendar to see if he's coming to Memphis, particularly now that his calendar takes precedence over the other hosts' names under the "Hosts" menu on the C2C homepage. (When I saw this, I couldn't believe the AUDACITY and the EGO! Well, actually I could.) I do see that George is doing some kind of a haunted penitentiary stint in Ohio soon.

I'd hang out with George in a haunted jail for kicks â€" just for the stories, kids. Just for the stories...

It's the old Mansfield penitentiary, where they filmed "Shawshank Redemption."  He's been there before.  Too bad they keep letting him out.  ;)

46blitz

JBW - solar activity is at a very low level currently.
Leftie prof - Climate change is all caused by humans.  98% of scientists agree.
no challenge from JBW

bigchucka

Quote from: ItsOver on January 27, 2014, 08:27:05 AM
It's the old Mansfield penitentiary, where they filmed "Shawshank Redemption."  He's been there before.  Too bad they keep letting him out.  ;)

I wonder if George has ever had a good bratwurst... we make em here one county over.  Fuck Johnsonville.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: bigchucka on January 27, 2014, 06:44:39 PM
I wonder if George has ever had a good bratwurst... we make em here one county over.  Fuck Johnsonville.
You must live near Sheboygan.

yumyumtree

Actually, can you give examples of when Noory dumped a guest? I know he says he does, but I'm not sure I can think of a time. I realize this isn't a Noory thread, but it's been bothering me.

No Name Storm

Quote from: yumyumtree on January 28, 2014, 11:10:34 PM
Actually, can you give examples of when Noory dumped a guest? I know he says he does, but I'm not sure I can think of a time. I realize this isn't a Noory thread, but it's been bothering me.

I can't remember particular guests right now, but yes, Snooron has dumped guests often. They are gone after a break and the Snooron either goes to open lines without saying a word, or invites a new guest he must have on standby.

Snooron is despicable.

fotd

http://www.google.com/search?q=george+noory+sucks+dumped+site:bellgab.com

You can find numerous mentions.

awake

Quote from: MikeJ on January 20, 2014, 02:27:40 PM
Yes, the war on drugs has morphed from what I believe used to be a genuine concern for the well being of the citizenry to a money making enterprise.  Anyone else hear about the Pennsylvania judge who was getting kickbacks from privitized prisons for incarcerating people on minor charges?
That same sort of thing was reported in AZ and TX.  I think anywhere that has made incarcerating people a profit center bears scrutiny.  The U.S. jails a larger percentage of it's citizens than ANY other industrialized nation.  We might want to stop proclaiming "American Exceptionalism" long enough to take a look some of the realities facing the States. 

I am starting to wonder if we might be a bit like the deluded hoi polloi of North Korea, narcotized by T.V. and "bumper sticker" patriotism?   Corporate News, Honey BooBoo, Duck Dynasty, Real Housewives of god knows where.....jesus wept.

wr250

oddly JBW is no longer listed as a host, only noory/knapp are

VtaGeezer

We're not making it up.  Any time a guest disappears after a break, Noory has hung up on them. And he does it rudely with without even a "Sorry, this isn't going well."  The first one I noted some time ago was Richard Freeman on the Orang-Pendek in 2011; whom I contacted. More recently, Noory dumped Evelyn Paglini mid-segment just before Xmas.  The instances are many. We should start keeping a list.

bateman

Quote from: wr250 on January 29, 2014, 08:52:54 AM
oddly JBW is no longer listed as a host, only noory/knapp are

His new Mon-Fri show starts on the 3rd. Guessing Premiere didn't go for that.

Quote from: bateman on January 29, 2014, 11:54:42 AM

His new Mon-Fri show starts on the 3rd. Guessing Premiere didn't go for that.

No non-compete?  What did he do, look his contract over before signing it or something?