• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on April 17, 2017, 10:37:55 PM
Yes, it's all a Google thingy now.  MV made a post about it, recently, but I forgot where I read it.

Guess I'll have to use search, lol.   ;D ;D ;D
[/quoteI saw that post too. I think he dedicated a thread to it. :o
'S all right.
Diaper money may be involved. MV needs all the Diaper money he can get. ;)

All Hail "SAGE" MV.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2017, 10:35:27 PM
MV changed the search function to google to save 600+mb on disk space and unload the overhead of indexing to the google servers.
No more DB to index. Yeah, offloading is generally a good thing. Time to practice my Google Dorking, er... DuckDuckgo dorking. (That just doesn't have the same ring to it.  ;)  )

Stopped by the Food Lion on the way to work this morning to pick up something for lunch.

Out front there was pickup truck with a trailer full of tools and a little old guy.  He had one of the shopping carts
upside down and was replacing a wheel on it.  He had a big stack of plastic placards with Ads on them as well.
So he was swapping out the cart ads and performing maintenance on the carts.  A real life Bubbles!

I think I may have found my pre-retirement transition career path when the time comes. 

aldousburbank

World's Largest Psychedelic Drug Conference 'Psychedelic Science 2017' In Oakland This Week
http://eastbayexpress.com/oakland/worlds-largest-psychedelic-drug-conference-psychedelic-science-2017-in-oakland-this-week/Content?oid=6401986

Will be there. Random stupid thought- Should I leave my MAGA hat at home?

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 20, 2017, 12:36:30 PM
... Will be there. Random stupid thought- Should I leave my MAGA hat at home?

Of course not.  Oakland, and the SF Bay Area in general prides itself in diversity, free speech, and openness.  All are welcome.

Do wear some flowers in your hair

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 20, 2017, 12:36:30 PM
World's Largest Psychedelic Drug Conference 'Psychedelic Science 2017' In Oakland This Week
http://eastbayexpress.com/oakland/worlds-largest-psychedelic-drug-conference-psychedelic-science-2017-in-oakland-this-week/Content?oid=6401986

Will be there. Random stupid thought- Should I leave my MAGA hat at home?

Oakland? Yeah, I might leave the MAGA hat at home. Wear a Las Vegas Raiders cap instead. Then again it could be perceived by the crowd* at the event as some kind of joke?

*" you can expect white folks in tunics, lots of braided ponytails, public friendliness, a pro-psychedelic comedy banquet, crystal art that refracts infinite rainbows, and even more white folks that want to talk to you about Peru."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2017, 12:56:51 PM
Oakland? Yeah, I might leave the MAGA hat at home. Wear a Las Vegas Raiders cap instead. Then again it could be perceived by the crowd* at the event as some kind of joke?

*" you can expect white folks in tunics, lots of braided ponytails, public friendliness, a pro-psychedelic comedy banquet, crystal art that refracts infinite rainbows, and even more white folks that want to talk to you about Peru."

A lot of those things are cool and Peru seems like a nice place. I'm not only pro-psychedelic I'm also pro-psychedlic com..............edy...dee...dee...dee. Is it extra juicy in here tonight or what?!  :P

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2017, 12:56:51 PM

Yeah I've participated in quite a number of these MAPS.org psychedelic conference schmoozes over the years. Always a weird mix of aging hipsters, egghead researchers, and hipster festival posse. It's awkwardly amusing for me as I always feel like the unhip throwback, what with my usual Chicano proto-hippie straw hat, beaded bracelet, traditional Mexican manbag, long hair, lack of tattoos and whatnot.
#unhiphippie
#psychedelicdorkfest

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 20, 2017, 07:21:18 PM
Yeah I've participated in quite a number of these MAPS.org psychedelic conference schmoozes over the years. Always a weird mix of aging hipsters, egghead researchers, and hipster festival posse. It's awkwardly amusing for me as I always feel like the unhip throwback, what with my usual Chicano proto-hippie straw hat, beaded bracelet, traditional Mexican manbag, long hair, lack of tattoos and whatnot.
#unhiphippie
#psychedelicdorkfest
Haha. I can see it. I hope you ride in on your cool bike or the Scout! That is why I could see the MAGA working because it would throw people off? Serious? Joke? Too strong a dose, what am I seeing? Etc. But not to wear anywhere outside the actual conference, I think. Have fun. Some of those egghead researchers can be a trip. Nerds that like to trip. Scientists/Chemists who go down a different path than their fellow students (though one still does see 'labs' busted at universities and schools on occasion, but now usually more 'bad stuff' like meth.)

yumyumtree

So, I don't know if this has made national  news, but a brawl ensued a few days ago at the the Lake Stevens Buzz Inn when someone dared to speak to a man about his son and nephew who were acting up and bothering other patrons. Who among us cannot relate to this? These weren't little toddlers too young to know better ( or too young to spank, IMO), they were 8 and 10!

The Everett Herald has thrown up a pay wall for me because I've exceeded my limit, but you might be able to Google it. I read the account in the paper version of the Herald.

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 20, 2017, 08:30:09 PM
So, I don't know if this has made national  news, but a brawl ensued a few days ago at the the Lake Stevens Buzz Inn when someone dared to speak to a man about his son and nephew who were acting up and bothering other patrons. Who among us cannot relate to this? These weren't little toddlers too young to know better ( or too young to spank, IMO), they were 8 and 10!

The Everett Herald has thrown up a pay wall for me because I've exceeded my limit, but you might be able to Google it. I read the account in the paper version of the Herald.

It's better to ask the manager to handle it.  If they don't, inform him or her you're leaving and won't be paying the bill, then go elsewhere.

All-out brawl follows after woman tells children to behave
Rikki King
Wed Apr 19th, 2017

LAKE STEVENS â€" A brawl at the Lake Stevens Buzz Inn last month started when a 67-year-old woman told someone’s children to behave.

The children, who appeared to be between 8 and 10, were running around the restaurant, playing hide-and-seek and tag.

The woman was dining with a friend. She repeatedly asked the children to stop, according to the police report. One child had a loud, violent cough.

“The kids were belligerent and came over to her and coughed at her and coughed on her food,” Lake Stevens police Cmdr. Ron Brooks said.

The 36-year-old father of one of the kids got angry and told the woman “he was going to mash her face in,” Brooks said.

A man from a nearby table attempted to defend the woman. He and another man who came to his aid were knocked unconscious. The angry father later was arrested for investigation of assault, harassment and disorderly conduct. His brother, whose child had the cough, joined the fight and also is facing charges.

The confrontation started about 8 p.m. March 19. The Daily Herald recently obtained the police report through a public records request.

Surveillance video showed the father approached the 67-year-old in a “threatening and aggressive manner,” officer Kristen Parnell wrote. He was inches away from the woman when he raised his hand as if to strike her.

A 23-year-old who was dining nearby told the father to leave the woman alone and was punched in the face. Another man, 50, tried to pull the father away from the fight. That’s when the suspect’s brother, 33, jumped in.

The older woman was not hurt.

According to one witness, “all hell broke loose, with food, tables and people flying everywhere.”

The 23-year-old was choked and punched. He suffered three chipped teeth and lost a crown. He said his attacker stomped on his knee.

The 50-year-old suffered a concussion and needed stitches. He also was hit with a chair during the melee. One eye was swollen shut, and his ear was blue and swollen.

When witnesses described the father, using only a first name, officers knew who they were talking about and where he lived.

When they went to his house, the man allegedly punched an officer. He then reportedly said he was going inside to get a gun. Backup arrived and he was taken into custody.

His brother told police that he wanted to press charges against the 67-year-old.

zeebo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 20, 2017, 09:30:06 PM
It's better to ask the manager to handle it.  If they don't, inform him or her you're leaving and won't be paying the bill, then go elsewhere.....

Society seems to have tacitly accepted such unruly behavior, even encouraged it.  Everywhere you go now, libraries, restaurants, dentist/doctor waiting rooms,  you see adults with this "I-don't-hear/see-anything" glazed look on their faces.  It's a nice if uncommon occurrence nowadays to hear a parent actually control their kids (or at least attempt to - it's the thought that counts). 

Remember awhile back, some restaurant tried to disallow kids below a certain age from eating there.  It was immediately picked up by the nat'l news as "anti-children" or some such hysteria.  What a joke, there's a zillion 'family restaurants' where kids have free reign , but oh noes, we can't have one place where I can enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee without some kid throwing his crayons at me.

Anyways I've pretty much given up on this, so for food I either 1) do take out, or 2) go to a place that serves food in the bar area which is a no-go zone for the little wildlings.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on April 21, 2017, 04:52:46 PM

Anyways I've pretty much given up on this, so for food I either 1) do take out, or 2) go to a place that serves food in the bar area which is a no-go zone for the little wildlings.
A possible solution but one that might offend various people and groups. Restaurants should have a stripper somewhere on premises (it could be in a corner and those who do not wish to see the gyrating couldn't see.) Then laws that currently, though I'm sure the Left will try to change, about children being exposed to nudity/sexual-acts would prohibit people from bringing their brats to the restaurant.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on April 21, 2017, 05:38:38 PM
A possible solution but one that might offend various people and groups. Restaurants should have a stripper somewhere on premises ...

Hmm so no tops, less tots.  I'd pay the two-pancake minimum for that setup.

Dr. MD MD

Society seems to have tacitly accepted such unruly behavior, even encouraged it.  Everywhere you go now, libraries, restaurants, dentist/doctor waiting rooms,  you see adults with this "I-don't-hear/see-anything" glazed look on their faces.  It's a nice if uncommon occurrence nowadays to hear a parent actually control their kids (or at least attempt to - it's the thought that counts). 

Remember awhile back, some restaurant tried to disallow kids below a certain age from eating there.  It was immediately picked up by the nat'l news as "anti-children" or some such hysteria.  What a joke, there's a zillion 'family restaurants' where kids have free reign , but oh noes, we can't have one place where I can enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee without some kid throwing his crayons at me.

Just try being more like Walter next time and the nice families will start moving away from you.  ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-kxUEySy0

Norm

When the (blank) hits the fan remember the 3 "B's"

"Beans, Batteries and Boolits"

Taaroa

Remember awhile back, some restaurant tried to disallow kids below a certain age from eating there.  It was immediately picked up by the nat'l news as "anti-children" or some such hysteria.

Happened too when an airline proposed areas of or whole planes to be only available to people above a certain age.

yumyumtree

Talking about strippers reminds me that Everett is considering a dress code for baristas.  It's aimed at bikini barista stands, which became fronts for prostitution, combining pacific northwesters craving for coffee with Everett residents apparent endless appetite for adult entertainment. The biggest players have been shut down but it still pops up from time to time. It will be discussed at an upcoming  city council meeting, and I plan to attend if I don't have anything else to do. Some of the best free entertainment in Everett, city council, I mean.

O.M.F.G. ! ! !    LMAO.  ;D  ;D  ;D
The absolute funniest thing I have seen here in a long time.
"top right" in the Top Right, Right ?
Heh, heh, heh.

Kids are fine, they're usually better behaved than their parents.  It's when they are screaming or running around, or in this case coughing on people's food that it's a problem - management should be able to tell the difference, and take care of it.

:o
OMG    LMFAO

ATTENTION ! !   ATTENTION ! !     READ ALL ABOUT IT !
Drive-by  Jizzings on the rise in Malaysia.   
Beware the moped masturbator.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/23/hunt-for-pervert-on-a-moped-who-masturbates-and-rides-away-6591905/

zeebo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 23, 2017, 12:58:08 AM
Kids are fine, they're usually better behaved than their parents.  ...

Ain't that the truth.  The other day at the library, there's lady in a reading area, bills splayed out, shouting full-volume with some customer service agent on her cell phone, like she's at her own kitchen table.  No personnel are bothering to deal with this - it seems, like me, they've given up on civilized society.

whoozit

I just got back from a trip to the area around Klang Malaysia. Beautiful place.  Best way to see it is by moped.  Silk handkerchiefs are incredibly low priced.  The best come in this exquisite yellow color.

Jackstar

Quote from: whoozit on April 23, 2017, 01:05:38 PM
Silk handkerchiefs are incredibly low priced.  The best come in this exquisite yellow color.

TigerLily

"Forget the rainbow flag. The mantis shrimp should be the new LGBTQ symbol". - Bill Maher

It is rather fabulous

What are straight lines doing in the middle of the Amazon ?
That's not natural. Loggers clear cut everything.

Check this out. There happens to be a local tribe tribe called the Surui. That's their land.
Nothing special, right ?  Heh, heh, heh.  (I like these guys.)

Apparently, illegal loggers were encroaching on their lands, so the tribe took to killing them off with bows and arrows. The Surui lost 5 chieftains in defending their land. They never had outside contact until the 1960-70's. Don't mistake these guys for backwoods throwbacks to the stone age, though. They have a penchant for technology and traded for it.   :)

Details:   https://earthzine.org/2015/01/27/how-a-google-engineer-66000-computers-and-a-brazilian-tribe-made-a-difference-in-how-we-view-the-earth/

http://www.paiter.org/brazil-indians-google-to-fight-logging-2/

https://worldtruth.tv/amazon-tribe-used-google-to-save-their-land/

http://www.redd-monitor.org/2014/02/28/global-forest-watch-tracks-deforestation-in-near-real-time-whats-not-to-like/