A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Renaldo

So do geiger counters have a setting for Skull & Crossbones Societies too? Just took a shower and tried to listen to him. Couldn't take it.

WOTR

Quote from: Renaldo on September 08, 2013, 12:13:48 AM
So do geiger counters have a setting for Skull & Crossbones Societies too? Just took a shower and tried to listen to him. Couldn't take it.
The problem is the order in which you performed the tasks.  Next time try listening first and then showering the filth of the show off prior to bed.  I have already had a shower this evening so I refuse to even attempt listening in.

One man's "pretty cool bumper music" is another man's soundtrack from hell. I've heard better sounds emanating from the feral cats  in my alley at night.

Scully

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on September 08, 2013, 12:39:49 AM
One man's "pretty cool bumper music" is another man's soundtrack from hell. I've heard better sounds emanating from the feral cats  in my alley at night.

Creeper, you're the first person I've seen posting that here.  So good to know I'm not alone.  You are so right.  Music isn't good or bad in and of itself.  It's purely personal preference, and Wells' music is the last thing I want to hear in the middle of the night.  8)

valdez

Quote from: mombird3 on September 07, 2013, 05:14:27 PM
... Anything is better than George Noory.

Decent guest these past two nights.  I'm no fan of rap, but there was no harmness from Professor Griff, except that he mentioned in passing that he supported former Georgia congresswoman whack job and Palestinian flotilla enthusiast Cynthia Mckinney on her Green Party presidential run in 2008.  Yipes.  Mark Dice  explained this "illuminate" thing better than most guest ever have and anyone who labels today's youth "zombies" is alright with me.  Michael Boldin  spoke of states rights, and something called "nullification" of federal laws, and it may be the only way this republic is saved.  Is there a conspiracy John B. doesn't like?  Is every caller's drunken paranoia to be taken seriously?  I miss Ian.

mombird3

Friday's Show was ok. I had heard that some of this goes on in the music industry. But I wonder about the older artists of the 60's and 70's. Did they do what the guest claimed.The show Saturday night was another doom and gloom one.

The voters rights thing got me angry. Here in South Carolina there were broken voting machines in two of the precincts and voters were lined up into the street to wait their turn, until 3AM. The two were in largely depressed areas.I am in Columbia SC. Only one machine was working. The machines were broken and they were not fixed and in Aug. 2012 the Gov. Haley knew about them and nothing was done.   She did not care. We voted by mail.

The guest said to write your state Representatives. We wrote twice about the broken lights on the street and cracked sidewalks. No response from them. They are not interested. I wrote about the hospital billing twice for my Hip surgery stay and poor accounting showing I am paying them on time by installment. Nothing. I reported the area where I fell down. It is still the same way.

Another one that is a misconception. We did not qualify for indigent care because I was uninsured and my pension income was too high. I got a discount after fighting with them for charging me 3 times as much as an insured person. They will not take any more off the bills and they still are too expensive. I learned through Washington Post article that the government does not look or check income for indigent care. It is the Hospital administration that determines who gets a free or low cost health care bill. I also learned that charities also do this even if they get federal money and donations from wealthy. I asked for help when my husband had his prostate surgery in 2008 and they did nothing for us. They would not call doctors to set up an easy pay plan. I wrote Lindsey Graham who could not help me. And I live in fear that if they stop social security and Medicare, we will be living on the street. These politicians do nothing.

And on that I turned off the radio after listening to the crap the guest was giving us.  I had enough. States rights are fine if you have people in government who will listen to us. Next election I hope we vote some new people in.

Nebraska888

Wells' programs are DEPRESSING, BORING......AND THE SAME OLD STUFF.  When he is on, my radio is turned off. :P

Renaldo

Does Wells ever do shows that aren't scaremongering?

First Hour: Political scientist Joel Skousen provides insights on current events and a possible nuclear war.

Joining John B. Wells, Stewart Rhodes, founder and President of Oath Keepers, will discuss military veterans and peace officers who will honor their oaths to defend the Constitution, and who will not "just follow orders." Rhodes will also offer his up to the minute input on the happenings in the Middle East.

So, the first hour is all about us buying geiger counters in case of a nuclear war, the rest of the show is about an implied take over by either the UN or the New World Order.

RedMichael

One might argue that conspiracies, by nature, are scary and fear mongering. I agree but only to an extent.

George Knapp might have a show on area 51 cover ups. The government is keeping something from us.
If Wells would do the same show the government would be hiding area 51 because they are going to enslave us all. Special guest, some expert on a product he sells on his shows will chime in on this dark matter.

Knapp show: JFK assassination was a cover-up?
Wells show: It was a cover-up because JFK was going to blow the whistle on a world order that was going to enslave us all. Special guest, a leading expert in water filtration systems chimes in on this dark matter.

Knapp show: Disappearances in parks
Wells show: Midlife crisis on air with a whole night of 60s-70s rock bands. Special guest: radiation detection expert chimes in on this dark subject.

Bell show: Big Foot being covered up?
Wells show: Big foot is being covered up by our government because they are going to enslave us all. Special guest: The same radiation expert chimes in on this dark subject.

awake

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on September 07, 2013, 11:53:12 PM
And Art and then Ian built up the audience on Saturday that he glommed on to, so no props to him for making a remark about the man who made it possible for him to cater to the paranoid and gullible every Saturday night. Since he won't give his age out, I'll just speculate that he's five decades too far along to be acting like a disrespectful teenage wisemouth or butt kissing up and comer. I hope he's got a rag for the egg on his face when the real story behind Art's 'retirements' come out.

I believe his chosen career now is in geiger counters.  ::)
Perfectly said, thank you!!

ItsOver

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on September 08, 2013, 12:39:49 AM

Well's reminds me of this t shirt. Except Corgis are cool and Wells is not.  An ageing hipster with a crappy, fake British accent, having a pretentious tea party with his toy doll, trying to be "Mr. Cool" by playing obscure music selections, while rambling on incoherently about wacko conspiracies.  No thank you.

WOTR

Quote from: RedMichael on September 09, 2013, 06:54:25 AM
Wells show: Midlife crisis on air...
I am trying to figure out what makes this so damn funny- but I am still laughing.

Nebraska888

One might argue that conspiracies, by nature, are scary and fear mongering. I agree but only to an extent.

George Knapp might have a show on area 51 cover ups. The government is keeping something from us.
If Wells would do the same show the government would be hiding area 51 because they are going to enslave us all. Special guest, some expert on a product he sells on his shows will chime in on this dark matter.

Wells show: It was a cover-up because JFK was going to blow the whistle on a world order that was going to enslave us all. Special guest, a leading expert in water filtration systems chimes in on this dark matter.

Wells show: Midlife crisis on air with a whole night of 60s-70s rock bands. Special guest: radiation detection expert chimes in on this dark subject.

Wells show: Big foot is being covered up by our government because they are going to enslave us all. Special guest: The same radiation expert chimes in on this dark subject.

This is an EXCELLENT, PERFECT, WONDERFUL, HILARIOUS analysis! LOVE IT!   ;D

tmock00

Nailed it.

Renaldo

Good analysis. hahaha

Don't forget, Ian might have a show speculating what may have happened to DB Cooper.
Wells: What did DB Cooper know? What would drive a man to the brink of the abyss? Was he on the run from the New World Order? Did someone ask him to break his oath? How many geiger counters are you going to buy tonight?

Anyway, I tuned in for about 15 minutes last night before going to bed. I heard the latest (detestable) ad for his caravan to the apocalypse website. So, he's selling things like RF monitors now? Seriously? What's next, stud finders? This guy's an incredible jackass.

Quick Karl

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific technological elite.

It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic system -- ever aiming toward the supreme goals of our free society.

Another factor in maintaining balance involves the element of time. As we peer into society's future, we -- you and I, and our government -- must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering, for our own ease and convenience, the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow.

Down the long lane of the history yet to be written America knows that this world of ours, ever growing smaller, must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.

Such a confederation must be one of equals. The weakest must come to the conference table with the same confidence as do we, protected as we are by our moral, economic, and military strength. That table, though scarred by many past frustrations, cannot be abandoned for the certain agony of the battlefield.

Disarmament, with mutual honor and confidence, is a continuing imperative. Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose. Because this need is so sharp and apparent I confess that I lay down my official responsibilities in this field with a definite sense of disappointment. As one who has witnessed the horror and the lingering sadness of war -- as one who knows that another war could utterly destroy this civilization which has been so slowly and painfully built over thousands of years -- I wish I could say tonight that a lasting peace is in sight.

Happily, I can say that war has been avoided. Steady progress toward our ultimate goal has been made. But, so much remains to be done. As a private citizen, I shall never cease to do what little I can to help the world advance along that road.

So -- in this my last good night to you as your President -- I thank you for the many opportunities you have given me for public service in war and peace. I trust that in that service you find some things worthy; as for the rest of it, I know you will find ways to improve performance in the future.

You and I -- my fellow citizens -- need to be strong in our faith that all nations, under God, will reach the goal of peace with justice. May we be ever unswerving in devotion to principle, confident but humble with power, diligent in pursuit of the Nation's great goals.

To all the peoples of the world, I once more give expression to America's prayerful and continuing aspiration:

We pray that peoples of all faiths, all races, all nations, may have their great human needs satisfied; that those now denied opportunity shall come to enjoy it to the full; that all who yearn for freedom may experience its spiritual blessings; that those who have freedom will understand, also, its heavy responsibilities; that all who are insensitive to the needs of others will learn charity; that the scourges of poverty, disease and ignorance will be made to disappear from the earth, and that, in the goodness of time, all peoples will come to live together in a peace guaranteed by the binding force of mutual respect and love.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

RedMichael

Good ole Ike wouldn't approve of Wells. That was the last time we had a president who said what they thought often.

UFQuack

Let me guess... some of you don't like Wells because you say his so-called "right wing" political views disagree with your lefty views? Is that it? Because that's what it sounds like.

This may not be saying much but Wells is miles above Noory as a host. Moreover those of you trashing Wells on here only serve to elevate Noory's worth. Noory doesn't deserve to be in radio with his poor attention span and lack of creative thought, Wells does! Period.

With the way federal politics is hanging us out to dry and keeping us on the edge of ruin, I'm glad to see someone like Wells in radio nowadays who is able to speak out against government and use a national radio show as a platform to do it.

In fact if there is anything worth criticizing it's his belief that we're being visited by extraterrestrial (physical) craft and his association with and promotion of the show Unsealed Alien Files which espouses that belief. That's probably his weakest point. That belief doesn't help fight government tyranny in fact it can be used against him to make him seem like a crackpot or one who belongs to the tin foil hat club.

onan

Quote from: UFQuack on September 10, 2013, 03:18:29 PM
Let me guess... some of you don't like Wells because you say his so-called "right wing" political views disagree with your lefty views? Is that it? Because that's what it sounds like.

This may not be saying much but Wells is miles above Noory as a host. Moreover those of you trashing Wells on here only serve to elevate Noory's worth. Noory doesn't deserve to be in radio with his poor attention span and lack of creative thought, Wells does! Period.

With the way federal politics is hanging us out to dry and keeping us on the edge of ruin, I'm glad to see someone like Wells in radio nowadays who is able to speak out against government and use a national radio show as a platform to do it.

In fact if there is anything worth criticizing it's his belief that we're being visited by extraterrestrial (physical) craft and his association with and promotion of the show Unsealed Alien Files which espouses that belief. That's probably his weakest point. That belief doesn't help fight government tyranny in fact it can be used against him to make him seem like a crackpot or one who belongs to the tin foil hat club.

Wells said the Sandy Hook school shootings didn't happen. He's a fucking quack.

SaucyRossy

Wells is doing his version of the Alex Jones show. Not coast to coast.

I don't mind wells but politics dominate 20 hours of radio a day. Coast to coast was made to provide something different.

UFQuack

Quote from: onan on September 10, 2013, 03:39:44 PM
Wells said the Sandy Hook school shootings didn't happen. He's a fucking quack.

Those his words "Sandy Hook school shootings didn't happen"? Is that what he actually said?

UFQuack

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 10, 2013, 03:49:11 PM
Wells is doing his version of the Alex Jones show. Not coast to coast.

I don't mind wells but politics dominate 20 hours of radio a day. Coast to coast was made to provide something different.

True but the weekends shows have been different for a long time now, Ian Punnett had shows that were about quirks that had nothing to do with anything.

onan

Quote from: UFQuack on September 10, 2013, 03:54:26 PM
Those his words "Sandy Hook school shootings didn't happen"? Is that what he actually said?

You got me, it's hearsay. Take a look back over the last several pages to suss it out. He's a fucking quack.

UFQuack

Onan I'm not saying it's hearsay. I'll look back, but people say a lot of things...it may just be he was wrong about that. Look I don't have to agree with everything he says. Everybody has some quack in them. I haven't heard a person on this planet who isn't some form of quack and I'll include myself in that. All I'm saying is Wells isn't that bad a host.

In fact it might be sacrilege to say this around here but even Art Bell has his flaws as a host, I remember times when there are some nights when Art Bell just wasn't in the mood to do a show and he'd get callers who had interesting stories and he'd just get rid of them or turn the whole thing into a joke. Believe me, nobody's perfect.

RedMichael

Fuck him if he might just be wrong about that. Sorry, Wells sucks. Saying he is miles above Noory doesn't mean much but the more I hear Wells the more I think there is an argument to who is better.

I can't think of one redeeming quality about him. Some say he has a nice radio voice. If all the crack pot shit he spews is true, well then the best thing he can do is stop talking about it because anything coming out of his mouth discredits what he is talking about anymore. Sorry.

UFQuack

Quote from: RedMichael on September 10, 2013, 04:14:50 PM
Fuck him if he might just be wrong about that. Sorry, Wells sucks. Saying he is miles above Noory doesn't mean much but the more I hear Wells the more I think there is an argument to who is better.

I can't think of one redeeming quality about him. Some say he has a nice radio voice. If all the crack pot shit he spews is true, well then the best thing he can do is stop talking about it because anything coming out of his mouth discredits what he is talking about anymore. Sorry.

RedMichael, why don't you just admit that it's his politics you don't like? At least it would be more honest.

onan

Quote from: UFQuack on September 10, 2013, 04:07:45 PM
Onan I'm not saying it's hearsay. I'll look back, but people say a lot of things...it may just be he was wrong about that. Look I don't have to agree with everything he says. Everybody has some quack in them. I haven't heard a person on this planet who isn't some form of quack and I'll include myself in that. All I'm saying is Wells isn't that bad a host.

In fact it might be sacrilege to say this around here but even Art Bell has his flaws as a host, I remember times when there are some nights when Art Bell just wasn't in the mood to do a show and he'd get callers who had interesting stories and he'd just get rid of them or turn the whole thing into a joke. Believe me, nobody's perfect.

I pretty much agree with you here. I think Art is a derp at times, as are we all. My take on Wells is more of an opinion that he panders in a fashion similar to Alex Jones. Sorry for the vitriole... I can get a bit carried away.

RedMichael

Quote from: UFQuack on September 10, 2013, 04:18:32 PM
RedMichael, why don't you just admit that it's his politics you don't like? At least it would be more honest.

Which way do his political views lean again?

qaddisin

Since I don't know what Well's political views really are, I'm not going to say that they bother me. I do know that I don't like:

His tendency to pause too long for radio.
His stream-of-consciousness ramblings when he tries to formulate a question for a guest.
His willingness to immediately state that tragic events were either 'false flag operations' or didn't even happen at all.

Whe he started telling people to buy geiger counters from his website, I stopped listening to him a couple of months ago. I started to get this strange feeling that Steve Quayle and Alex Jones had somehow made a love child, and got him a gig on C2C.

Foodlion

Quote from: RedMichael on September 10, 2013, 04:25:03 PM
Which way do his political views lean again?
Somewhere between Alex Jones and Peewee Herman.