• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Eddie Coyle, April 15, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: eddie dean on April 19, 2013, 02:49:06 AM
I think they cleared that guy...
getting his paper....I needed that laugh, thanks
It's funny, but true-tons of people waking up totally unaware. I called my parents...woke them up... :-\ , but basically told my father. "You probably got the day off"

eddie dean

probably  everyone in watertown is getting the day off.

coaster

Been following twitter. A lot of people are reporting hearing an explosion. But you know, its twitter so who knows. havent heard anything on the scanner.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 01:14:08 AM
        No doubt. May blow himself up...if they don't shoot him 200 times first.

30 member SWAT team in pursuit.

Sometimes bomb-vests, when detonated look just like multible gun shots ::)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on April 19, 2013, 03:14:40 AM

Sometimes bomb-vests, when detonated look just like multible gun shots ::)
I probably prefer they shoot him 200 times, though.

So much conflicted in the reporting his death...bomb vest, gun shot. 20 minutes in the ER

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 03:26:38 AM
        I probably prefer they shoot him 200 times, though.

So much conflicted in the reporting his death...bomb vest, gun shot. 20 minutes in the ER

Yeah, I was trying to add some humor... for me there is no probably. Any guy who straps on a bomb doesn't deserve the irony of it detonating early. But 200 shots, hopefully most of them being non-lethal... that is justice... ok I may have an anger issue.

eddie dean

I think anger is justified in this situation.
this guy should be badly maimed then thrown in jail for the rest of his life.
I'm sure every cop out there wouldn't mind having the chance of drawing down on this guy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on April 19, 2013, 03:31:17 AM

Yeah, I was trying to add some humor... for me there is no probably. Any guy who straps on a bomb doesn't deserve the irony of it detonating early. But 200 shots, hopefully most of them being non-lethal... that is justice... ok I may have an anger issue.
Humor and anger, a good mix on a morning like this. I'm staying up for the (hopefully) denouement. "Suspect number two" is believed to be wounded and basically confined to that 25 block area. Sun coming up right now, hope it helps them ferret this rat out.

eddie dean

scanner reports subject matching suspects description( gray hoodie with green on orange lettering) ducked into the woods when he saw a police cruiser.

also FBI on the scene starting to track the subject.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 03:41:40 AM
   Humor and anger, a good mix on a morning like this. I'm staying up for the (hopefully) denouement. "Suspect number two" is believed to be wounded and basically confined to that 25 block area. Sun coming up right now, hope it helps them ferret this rat out.

yeah I'm all in too. I'm up for the duration

coaster

Pulled an all nighter myself. brewin coffee now.

Eddie Coyle

Perhaps unprecedented security measures....6 towns/cities and large part of Boston on essentially lockdown. We're talking 250,000 people. Incredible. No public transportation.

Eddie Coyle

Still stunned that Obama was allowed to come here today with these two literally miles away. Unreal.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 03:55:43 AM

Perhaps unprecedented security measures....6 towns/cities and large part of Boston on essentially lockdown. We're talking 250,000 people. Incredible. No public transportation.

This is fucking crazy, unreal, surreal..
is the city issuing warning or have they activated the emergency broadcast system?

ziznak

"Please stay in your houses and do not congregate"

hearing "do not congregate" was a rather new thing to hear on the radio in real life isn't it?  Normally I've only heard shit like that in zombie or nuke flicks.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: eddie dean on April 19, 2013, 04:03:17 AM
This is fucking crazy, unreal, surreal..
is the city issuing warning or have they activated the emergency broadcast system?

The news has basically been an EBS, I think everybody in the area is up and aware at this point. Fucking crazy indeed.

eddie dean

scan report: ferry service is suspended until further notice.

coaster

martial law. alex jones will have a field day with this. because, you know, people should be able to freely move around in this chaos.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on April 19, 2013, 04:03:49 AM
"Please stay in your houses and do not congregate"

hearing "do not congregate" was a rather new thing to hear on the radio in real life isn't it?  Normally I've only heard shit like that in zombie or nuke flicks.

I've never been in any thing like this. It's like a fuckin hurricane or blizzard.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 04:09:25 AM
      The news has basically been an EBS, I think everybody in the area is up and aware at this point. Fucking crazy indeed.

that's good. it spares you from that annoying emergency tone. at least they updated that series of tones from the old migraine inducer from the 80's and 90's

coaster

Looks like Kevin "in and out" brennan is on the scene. Nice to see some cops cool under such pressure.

eddie dean

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2013, 04:15:45 AM
Looks like Kevin "in and out" brennan is on the scene. Nice to see some cops cool under such pressure.

in custody!!
three males in a cab are all on the deck!!

coaster

Someone in custody. Three occupants of a cab?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: eddie dean on April 19, 2013, 04:14:56 AM
that's good. it spares you from that annoying emergency tone. at least they updated that series of tones from the old migraine inducer from the 80's and 90's
Which usually went off when I was taping a concert on radio or Skinemax on tv. Bastards.

eddie dean

I hope its him.. the cop sounded excited when he called it in.. huffing and puffing

Juan

Here's the page on the missing Brown University student - it certainly looks similar to Suspect #2
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10016233.html

Eddie Coyle

Boston Police en masse in Kenmore Square...possibly co-conspirators being pursued. SWAT, Bomb techs...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 19, 2013, 04:32:17 AM
Here's the page on the missing Brown University student - it certainly looks similar to Suspect #2
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10016233.html
Name on the scanners at 3am.