• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Catsmile

Coz's synopsis reads much better like this, in my minds eye.

NXOEED

That's a great idea (subscriptions in Noory's name). I like the thought of him getting thousands of  emails that say "A donation has been made in your name to Midnight in The Desert."

ItsOver

Quote from: NXOEED on April 29, 2015, 11:51:51 AM
That's a great idea (subscriptions in Noory's name). I like the thought of him getting thousands of  emails that say "A donation has been made in your name to Midnight in The Desert."
Dave is such a well-known "giver," himself.   I'm sure he'd appreciate it.  ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Coz on April 29, 2015, 10:01:08 AM

(Note...I was posting without any clothes on)

You all post with clothes on?  :o

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: YNOT on April 29, 2015, 11:41:11 AM
MV,
   Great Gabcast last night. Did you know Keith was going to call in?

BTW, your daughter was more engaging and intelligent sounding than Dave at his "best".

i did not know he would call.  and thanks, you'll be hearing from my daughter from time to time when i do the gabcast from home.  it's the only way i can get her to stop pestering me.

DocHolliday

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2015, 11:39:29 AM
heh heh, you really did read the quickening at age ten?

Sorry, I guess I was 11.., just looked at the release date of it, but yeah.  I remember hearing Art talking about it on the radio and got excited, but when I read it, I was pretty terrified of the doomsday type stuff.  I guess I was very impressionable and the thought of a mile wide asteroid killing us all was pretty scary.

Would love to have Art sign my copy but I don't think it's very realistic.

cweb

Glad to see folks have calmed down and taken the time to talk. We all want the same things... mostly. The Keith-MV convo was really encouraging. Props to you, Keith, for stepping up and calling in. It sounds like you share our excitement about Art's return!

P.S. I am posting with clothes on.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DocHolliday on April 29, 2015, 12:24:05 PM
I guess I was very impressionable and the thought of a mile wide asteroid killing us all was pretty scary.

i can't imagine why that would scare you at age 11.  what  a pussy.

chefist

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2015, 12:24:59 PM

I was never scared of asteroids...you see they have brains and can choose to miss the Earth completely!

HK-50

Quote from: YNOT on April 29, 2015, 11:41:11 AM

BTW, your daughter was more engaging and intelligent sounding than Dave at his "best".

Agreed.  If she could be prompted to say "how are yeeewwww" and "I guess he hung up" at regular intervals, she could easily host Coast.

Quote from: HK-50 on April 29, 2015, 12:35:42 PM
Agreed.  If she could be prompted to say "how are yeeewwww" and "I guess he hung up" at regular intervals, she could easily host Coast.

Hahahahahaha....This is perfect!

PathoJen

I cannot muster the strength to read through the posts from the past few days. I get sick on roller coasters. Can someone possibly give me the cliff notes on what has been happening? Please and thank you.  :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PathoJen on April 29, 2015, 12:53:38 PM
I cannot muster the strength to read through the posts from the past few days. I get sick on roller coasters. Can someone possibly give me the cliff notes on what has been happening? Please and thank you.  :)

art will be back in july, keith will be working for him, and everybody loves everybody.

Site got hacked over the weekend while MV was away in some remote location, GabCommunity flipped out and congregated at the e-fallback house, an emergency Gabcast was held, MV came back and fixed it, another Gabcast was held, everyone thought we were out of the woods, then Keith quit, then Keith unquit, another Gabcast was held, Keith called in, all is well.

The General

And George Noory still sucks.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2015, 12:58:16 PM
art will be back in july, keith will be working for him, and everybody loves everybody.

You're just putting this out there like some sort of person who believes in positive things. Ugh.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 29, 2015, 01:01:24 PM
Site got hacked over the weekend while MV was away in some remote location, GabCommunity flipped out and congregated at the e-fallback house, an emergency Gabcast was held, MV came back and fixed it, another Gabcast was held, everyone thought we were out of the woods, then Keith quit, then Keith unquit, another Gabcast was held, Keith called in, all is well.

Nice recap of how crazy things got.

^And that's the cliffnotes version!  Didn't even mention Noory's posts or the controversial tweets.

DocHolliday

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2015, 12:24:59 PM

My dad still beats me with an old fire hose for being such a bitch, too.

aldousburbank

Quote from: SaucyRossy on April 29, 2015, 01:04:27 PM
Nice recap of how crazy things got.
Except for the obvious omission of Falkie's broken glasses.
#stuffducttapedtoforehead

Oh yeah Noory arranged for some guy to get a free ticket to interview him at an expo, but said guy Flakied and blamed it on his girlfriend.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: DocHolliday on April 29, 2015, 01:06:21 PM

"I'll be your leather strap wrapped tightly around my fist, son."

DocHolliday

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 29, 2015, 01:08:54 PM
Oh yeah Noory arranged for some guy to get a free ticket to see him at an expo, but he Flakied and blamed it on his girlfriend.

Was George planning on serenading anyone there?

On a side note, I have to laugh that he's apparently not invited back to the UFO Festival here in town this year.  Hell, they're promoting Clyde Lewis as the live broadcaster for the event but Joorch doesn't get to come back :D

Alienmojo

Quote from: DocHolliday on April 29, 2015, 01:06:21 PM

That's nothing. My father would force me to walk 12 miles to school thru a blizzard with no coat on and then make me walk back because he forgot to beat me before I left.

No Quarter

Quote from: Alienmojo on April 29, 2015, 01:15:05 PM
That's nothing. My father would force me to walk 12 miles to school thru a blizzard with no coat on and then make me walk back because he forgot to beat me before I left.

Luxury! We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

(with all due respect to Monty Python...)

DocHolliday

Quote from: Alienmojo on April 29, 2015, 01:15:05 PM

"It'll build character."

PathoJen

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 29, 2015, 01:01:24 PM

Thank you. MV can I hear the gabcast that keith called into?

PathoJen

Quote from: The General on April 29, 2015, 01:02:17 PM

And George Noory still sucks.
At least some things are consistent

PathoJen

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 29, 2015, 01:06:12 PM
^And that's the cliffnotes version!  Didn't even mention Noory's posts or the controversial tweets.
I was actually on here when all that crap unfolded. But after keith quit and art said he couldn't go on without him, I threw my iPad and haven't touched in for a couple of days.