• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

smithy

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 27, 2015, 01:41:46 PM

Even Dave would laugh at this event, but Falkie would be sending messages asking for free tickets so he can also pick up his new glasses.

Dave didn't laugh at this event. He is on the poster as a speaker at the previous event held in March 2015.

Catsmile

Quote from: Art Bell on April 27, 2015, 12:16:48 PM
Well I just posted on FB. How can people do this kind of thing? It's just wrong. I don't like doing these kind of events, never have.

Art

Well... It would seem to me they are using your name to make money for themselves.
When you don't show they might imply to the Art Bell fans YOU flaked out on them. Meanwhile they are laughing all the way to the bank, and you look bad. If you were a litigious person you might seek to sue for using your likeness/personality for personal gain without your consent or remuneration, and/or get a cease and desist.

No good can come of it, if they are allowed to use your image and promise you will be there, and you don't show. It will however enrich them, while hurting your brand. Something you spent decades creating.

My ¢.02 worth.

EDIT: Day late dollar short. My bad, carry on.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Art Bell on April 27, 2015, 12:16:48 PM
Well I just posted on FB. How can people do this kind of thing? It's just wrong. I don't like doing these kind of events, never have.

Art
If you haven't already, you might tell your lawyer to send a cease and desist to them.  They could drag your reputation through the mud.  Of course, then you might be able to sue them, too.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: smithy on April 27, 2015, 02:10:55 PM
Dave didn't laugh at this event. He is on the poster as a speaker at the previous event held in March 2015.

Of course he is.
PremRat sends Dave anywhere they can to get him off the radio.

Dateline

I do post here some, so when I saw it I was excited and thought I would share it.  I am not a promoter of that event or never meant to do anything wrong.

If they did do that it needs to be corrected.  If you choose not to speak, then it is good that it was caught early.

However, I am sure lots of people would enjoy to see and hear you in person, Art. 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: smithy on April 27, 2015, 02:10:55 PM

I didn't even see that, hahaha.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Catsmile on April 27, 2015, 02:12:00 PM
Well... It would seem to me they are using your name to make money for themselves.
When you don't show they might imply to the Art Bell fans YOU flaked out on them. Meanwhile they are laughing all the way to the bank, and you look bad. If you were a litigious person you might seek to sue for using your likeness/personality for personal gain without your consent or remuneration, and/or get a cease and desist.

No good can come of it, if they are allowed to use your image and promise you will be there, and you don't show. It will however enrich them, while hurting your brand. Something you spent decades creating.

My ¢.02 worth.

EDIT: Day late dollar short. My bad, carry on.

you're quite litigious, sir.

HK-50

Quote from: Kolchak on April 27, 2015, 01:21:57 PM
Now everyone who bought tickets just gets to see the "chemtrail expert" and some dude who "was raised with an explicit understanding of the Sumerian Tablets."

Definitely worth $200.

Oh, and of course their host: Saeed David Farman is an international Icon a Futurist, New Humanity Movement Founder & Leader, Pioneer of Quantum Transcendental Transformation Shift in Ascension

These people certainly love attaching these cornball titles to their names.  I suppose that comes with having no legitimate credentials in science, engineering, physics, etc. 

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on April 27, 2015, 02:28:01 PM
you're quite litigious, sir.

... if only I could afford to be... I'm pretty much ducked.
Unfortunately lacking the Falkie gene... or I'd have lawyers working hard enriching our coffers.

Catsmile

Quote from: HK-50 on April 27, 2015, 02:35:21 PM
... Pioneer of Quantum Transcendental Transformation Shift in Ascension

These people certainly love attaching these cornball titles to their names.  I suppose that comes with having no legitimate credentials in science, engineering, physics, etc. 

Man, what a buzz word shit soup handle that is. God all mighty. <double facepalms>

Breaker BREAKER, One-Nine!
Pioneer of Quantum Transcendental Transformation Shift in Ascension, ya got ur ears on?!

Danger!UFO

Just booked airfare, hotel and tickets for Art's conference! WOOT!!!

Danger!UFO

Just kidding.... ::) :o ;)

They better take that down or someone will get burned.

serenity

Quote from: Catsmile on April 27, 2015, 02:54:59 PM
Man, what a buzz word shit soup handle that is. God all mighty. <double facepalms>

Breaker BREAKER, One-Nine!
Pioneer of Quantum Transcendental Transformation Shift in Ascension, ya got ur ears on?!

Can you imagine that in a title......Saeed David Farman BA MA PQTTSA ? BS! (We all know BS  when we hear it)
I wonder if they will validate my parking?

Kolchak

Quote from: Catsmile on April 27, 2015, 02:54:59 PM

Kooks LOVE to throw around the word "quantum," and it's typically a big red flag for identifying shysters.

Quote from: HK-50 on April 27, 2015, 02:35:21 PM
Oh, and of course their host: Saeed David Farman is an international Icon a Futurist, New Humanity Movement Founder & Leader, Pioneer of Quantum Transcendental Transformation Shift in Ascension

That's enough new age jargon to make even Shirley MacLaine gag.  There's even a "master of skull guided meditation" I would pay to have a laugh at that.

drksd4848

OK, left turn, back to the new show.

If one was to solicit advertisers for a web radio show like this, what would be the metric that advertisers would want to see before buying time? Amount of clicks to listen?  Time spent listening?  Even though you have a loyal following, you don't have the Arbitron book and thus, you can't prove a demo.  I wonder...

Hmmm.... tricky.     

serenity

Ok something in the wind. Noory tweeting

Coast to Coast AM ‏@coasttocoastam 13m13 minutes ago

GN: Soon something wonderful and BIG is about to happen...can't say yet.

Maybe he's going to the Alchemy Event?  :P

WOTR

Quote from: Dateline on April 27, 2015, 02:22:15 PM
However, I am sure lots of people would enjoy to see and hear you in person, Art.
I'm sure that there are quite a number of people who would like to see him.  And I hope he does a conference at some point.  A conference that he chooses and wants to take part in rather than one that hopes to fly under the radar and "forgets" to get confirmation prior to advertising.

I know that a comic con has been suggested- and it may not be such a bad fit (provided you can take thousands of loud, strange people in one big room...)

WOTR

Quote from: serenity on April 27, 2015, 03:35:29 PM

Maybe the Major has remote viewed another hack? ;)

He's going to announce that they've found a contractor to mount the brackets for the in-studio webcam?

No Quarter

Quote from: wotr1 on April 27, 2015, 03:37:02 PM
(provided you can take thousands of loud, strange people in one big room...)

Is that not what BellGab is...??  8)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 27, 2015, 03:31:49 PM
That's enough new age jargon to make even Shirley MacLaine gag.

Or at least cough lots.

Nick el Ass

The Dave and Falkie Show will follow The Late Show when Colbert takes over.

I posted this awhile back after Noory apparently said something similar on-air (and said that he emailed Art)...I think Premrat/Coast is going to try to sabotage Midnight in the Desert by opening up the Coast vault on Streamlink - basically, putting up all of Art's old shows in perfect quality.

Just a guess, but what else could it really be? Nothing Noory could do is "big," and Art sure as hell isn't coming back to Coast.

Or it could be Dave getting an actually TV deal for his shitty Beyond Belief online crap, I guess.

chinaclipper

think it definitely has to do with tv

HK-50

New flavor of pizza rolls to hit the market soon, perhaps??

aldousburbank

He's going to have his head surgically extracted from his ass?

coaster

pizza rolls are going on sale?

smithy

Quote from: coaster on April 27, 2015, 03:45:10 PM
pizza rolls are going on sale?

Since Art just discussed the technology he is using for his program Dave put his crack team on the job to copy it and come out first, thinking that will help his show.

Nick el Ass

Dave just wants people to know he and Tommy are having a baby... or he switched to Geico.