• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: smithy on March 04, 2015, 06:46:08 PM
Art Bell Show is right on target... name recognition that no one except another Art Bell could try to emulate or confuse the audience with. Trademark it! The old audience that hears the bell ring when this name circulates will come running.  Art Bell is magic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave changed his name to Art Bell in a lame attempt to stop Art from using that.

Quote from: Paul on March 04, 2015, 06:44:00 PM
Bill Nye the "Science Guy"...  Groan....

Art Bell + Nye search is too much to ask?

DesertFox

Night Zone.  Into the shadows. 

I'm voting for Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell (brought to you by KNYE  :o). It's got that cool 'listening to spooky stories in the dark' vibe that made Art's show the gold standard. And, it will always be midnight somewhere. Plus as a name taken from a song title, it's probably a wiser selection than Dancing Queen, just sayin' .  ??? ;) :o :D

Art, will there be updates on any cat activities in the Bell household? I really enjoyed the stories about Yeti and all the Bell felines over the years.

jazmunda

Quote from: boba FETT on March 04, 2015, 06:50:45 PM
Art Bell + Nye search is too much to ask?

What if Bill Nye is a guest on the show? Google will meltdown.

Back pain in the desert with Art Bell on KNYE

Art Bell

So, under Penalty of Perjury this lady says that they own the shows I did for Sirius/XM? Wow I guess
they made a bigger deal then I thought. They just keep coming at me.

Art

Quote from: jazmunda on March 04, 2015, 06:52:31 PM
What if Bill Nye is a guest on the show? Google will meltdown.

If it dies...it dies.

Art_s Farts

How about "The Dave Just Got His Mush-Mouthed Ass Kicked to the Curb Show"

SnapT

My first choice is MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT by a mile, but my second is THE ART BELL SHOW.  Simple, powerful name.

There's something to be said for a title like MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT, though, that could be a franchise ala COAST TO COAST AM only controlled entirely by Art.  Guest hosts could more comfortably slide into MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT than they could THE ART BELL SHOW.  An intelligent anti-Dave Noorie as a weekend host would be great.

DesertFox

The Doorway.  High strangeness.

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 06:53:55 PM
So, under Penalty of Perjury this lady says that they own the shows I did for Sirius/XM? Wow I guess

Art

I can't see them having a leg to stand on--sounds like someone who over spoke.

Live from Mel's hole?

jazmunda

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 04, 2015, 06:51:38 PM
I'm voting for Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell (brought to you by KNYE  :o). It's got that cool 'listening to spooky stories in the dark' vibe that made Art's show the gold standard. And, it will always be midnight somewhere. Plus as a name taken from a song title, it's probably a wiser selection than Dancing Queen, just sayin' .  ??? ;) :o :D

The question is; is Midnight in the Desert used at the beginning or the end of the show?

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 04, 2015, 06:51:38 PM
Art, will there be updates on any cat activities in the Bell household? I really enjoyed the stories about Yeti and all the Bell felines over the years.

I'm not a cat guy but I feel like I've grown up with these cats. An update would be great.

jazmunda

Quote from: SnapT on March 04, 2015, 06:55:20 PM
My first choice is MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT by a mile, but my second is THE ART BELL SHOW.  Simple, powerful name.

There's something to be said for a title like MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT, though, that could be a franchise ala COAST TO COAST AM only controlled entirely by Art.  Guest hosts could more comfortably slide into MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT than they could THE ART BELL SHOW.  An intelligent anti-Dave Noorie as a weekend host would be great.

Great point.

SnapT

Quote from: jazmunda on March 04, 2015, 06:59:20 PM
The question is; is Midnight in the Desert used at the beginning or the end of the show?

BOTH!  The beginning of the show is midnight on the East Coast, and the end of the show is midnight on the West Coast!  Perfect...

Quote from: SnapT on March 04, 2015, 07:00:47 PM
BOTH!  The beginning of the show is midnight on the East Coast, and the end of the show is midnight on the West Coast!  Perfect...

Perfect! And, it would cover coast to coast, heh heh.

bateman

I'm digging Midnight in the Desert.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 04, 2015, 06:50:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dave changed his name to Art Bell in a lame attempt to stop Art from using that.

You know what's making me laugh at this for 10 minutes? Your use of the name Dave. It's just so fitting for someone as forgettable as the Snoory.

DesertFox

How about--Clear as a Bell? 

Combines broadcasting, great sound, wisdom, exact expression and Art's name.  That said I also like Midnight in the Desert.

As long as Art gets back on the air...I don't care what the name is.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 06:06:26 PM
Ok, this should keep you all busy. I have a question for all of you and it is what do you think the name of the
show should be? It can be anything from Dark Matter to The Art Bell show to New and Shiny Things. I am up
for ideas.

Art

Quote from: jazmunda on March 04, 2015, 06:10:37 PM
Seconded.

But seriously The Art Bell Show is perfect.

I never really loved the name Dark Matter. I apologize for faking it all this time.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 06:14:19 PM
All that moaning was not real? How about the scratches on my back? Did I dream all that?

Art

Bwahahaha.  The Dark Matter name kind of grew on me after a while, and in my humble opinion The Art Bell Show sounds a little plain... but everyone knows the name which will make all the others tremble in fear.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 06:53:55 PM

Art

Sounds like they are already trembling in their boots, and are afraid that you will do better on your own than with them... and are now in attack mode.

jazmunda

Quote from: SnapT on March 04, 2015, 07:00:47 PM

You just blew my mind. That was so brilliant you need two Keanu memes.

The Morning Zoo w/ Art & Falkie

WOTR

I am going to have to say "midnight in the desert."  It has the added bonus that if there is another host who you would want part time while you vacation (Knapp or somebody competent...) they are not taking over the "Art Bell show."

On the other hand, calling it the "Art Bell" show might make the work of the poor paralegals at Pemrat a little more difficult...
Quote from: shafe on March 04, 2015, 05:18:00 PM
Premiere owns all Coast to Coast, Art Bell, and Dark Matter programs on the list at the link below.

Heather Wade

Midnight In The Desert. It's perfect. 
My time on BellGab will all have been worthwhile if you choose this name Art.  It's your show, your baby, you call the shots here... but... my humble opinion is... this is it.

morgana213

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 04, 2015, 06:35:14 PM
I am really liking Midnight in the Desert. Kind of says it all.
+1

Nick el Ass

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 04, 2015, 07:14:54 PM
Midnight In The Desert. It's perfect. 
My time on BellGab will all have been worthwhile if you choose this name Art.  It's your show, your baby, you call the shots here... but... my humble opinion is... this is it.

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell does sound pretty awesome. I change my opinion.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 04, 2015, 07:17:15 PM

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell does sound pretty awesome. I change my opinion.

I like it too.

nika01

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 06:14:19 PM
All that moaning was not real? How about the scratches on my back? Did I dream all that?

Art

Jesus TMI