• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 18, 2011, 01:33:38 AMAnd yet one time I heard him use the term 'capacitor' correctly, so he definitely knows something...
that is probably because Noory heard about the flux capacitor from the Back to the Future movies.
thats where he learns from, watching old movies and TV shows like Twilight Zone...

Morgus

Norry again cut a main guest short tonight in the last hour.
Going to something about a ghost for the last half hour instead - why?

Morgus

Noory ended cutting out a half hour early again tonight.
In the last half hour he played an old taped recording of one of his readings of a short story by HG Wells - which he has played several times over the last 8 years.
He is probably flying back to St Louis tomorrow so he cuts out early.
You didn't fool us, Noory, you lazy numbskull.  :P

valdez

Quote from: fysisist on November 17, 2011, 01:19:43 PM
How many times is Jorch going to trot out Bill Mumy to go over that same old same old?  Jesus, it's a nice story and all but it's BEEN DONE. 
Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 18, 2011, 01:33:38 AM
...poor ol' George, he's just tryin' so hard, and, gosh darnit  :( , he just doesn't get it. He sits and thinks, and he thinks and he sits, but he just can't wrap his head around what happened before big bang. Maybe one day he'll understand, if he keeps up his reading on pre-big bang physics. He's so close though!
Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 18, 2011, 01:33:38 AM
God damnit George, you incredible moron.
Quote from: Morgus on November 18, 2011, 04:07:23 AM
You didn't fool us, Noory, you lazy numbskull.  :P

I just sent Lisa and Tom ( and a "cc" to El Snooro) an email on how insulting it is for George to run a tape and play it off like it's live.  Truth Seeker too busy for truth.  Poor Bill Mumy has to suffer through another interview with George, who basically doesn't give a rats ass about his music (yeah, ok, it's pretty crappy, but still) or the other stuff he's done (Comic books?  Really?) because Bill Mumy is George's twilight zone monkey.
      I'm presently reading "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, because I think this quantum stuff is important, and I can't wrap my puny head around a lot of it, and I would kill to pick the brain of someone who knows something about it, and George tells Cliff Pickover that he likes the "pictures" in his book?  And then theres this...

George: "I like the way you break it down into time periods."
     Cliff:  "Yeah, its chronological."
     George: "It sure is."

Yup.  Sure is.  George would later be totally amazed to find that the pages were numbered in sequence.  Gasp!

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on November 18, 2011, 01:43:44 AM
and thats just one of the science questions Noory has asked guests hundreds of times before.
Was there anybody on this board who did not see it coming tonight?  "Can you imagine what would have happened if Einstein had a computer???"

That was strike one for the night.  It didn't make it past strike two.  When Noory asked the guest why the big bang happened when it did instead of a few million years before or after I had to turn it off.  I swear there was an awkward pause while the guest weighed the option of blurting out "just because, you idiot."

Tonight it sounded like another 3X5 card night.  Perhaps Tommy could prerecord George reading the questions along with a few responses such as "got that right" and "no doubt about it."  That way George wouldn't even need to show up for the interview- just have them play the next question in the sequence when there is a pause and play the occasional "blurb" where George agrees with whatever the guest said... At this point I doubt anybody would be able to tell the difference.

By the end of next year, Snoory's featured guests will be on about as long as the so-called experts he brings on to comment on the news of the day at the top of the show. Then it'll be Morgus clips, old JC calls and playing that stupid 911 tape of the guy claiming an old lady is beating up some thug for the final two and a half hours on a nightly basis.

Digitech

QuoteBy the end of next year, Snoory's featured guests will be on about as long as the so-called experts he brings on to comment on the news of the day at the top of the show. Then it'll be Morgus clips, old JC calls and playing that stupid 911 tape of the guy claiming an old lady is beating up some thug for the final two and a half hours on a nightly basis.

Hahaha, does he still play that 911 tape? I haven't listened to his show in so long. I remember getting so tired of it though, it seemed like he played it every other show.

VtaGeezer

"George broadened the show to discuss science (especially the shrinking space program, natural phenomena, like earthquakes and meteors ,and, of course, crop circles) and government secrecy and conspiracy theories and theoreticians," said Smyntek."

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 17, 2011, 11:59:36 PM
Pretty sure George did not broaden the show to include any of these things.  Art was already doing them long before The Snoron showed up.  Do editors at the Detroit Free Press still check facts?

Further, I'm absolutely sure Noory has, if anything, greatly narrowed the scope of the show by focusing heavily on predatory New Age mysticism; nonsense based on absolutely nothing but gullibility and wishful thinking with guests usually peddling books or consults to the hopeless and emotionally needy.  Bell covered a far broader subject spectrum that usually had some relation to observed phenomena and/or investigation.  And he did so with sharp wit and bit of skepticism, not Noory's smarmy, insultingly blind acceptance of every dopey notion presented.

Morgus

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on November 18, 2011, 08:20:36 AMSnoory's featured guests will be on about as long as the so-called experts he brings on to comment on the news of the day at the top of the show. Then it'll be Morgus clips, old JC calls and playing that stupid 911 tape of the guy claiming an old lady is beating up some thug for the final two and a half hours on a nightly basis.
That already describes most of Noory's current Friday night shows...  :o

b_dubb

QuoteWhen Bell retired, Noory took over the show permanently. In the years since, its audience has grown.
maybe this is because the prison population is growing?

fabucat

Quote from: thefamilyghost on November 15, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
George tried to sound like Mr. Morality last night. When they first brought on Jack Canfield, Jack mentioned how his wife works with prisoners. George, in his typical, "we have sooooo many listeners/your website is down right now cuz we mentioned it!" way, said 'You know we are the most listened to show in prisons!' or something to that effect, to which Jack replied "...cool  ???" Then George said something about how he responds to emails from prisoners, except if they're pedophiles. He made that point very clear. No pedophiles, nuh uh. Just something you have to hear to really get how holier-than-thou George tried to sound...its was a really uncomfortable moment!

How in the holy crap is George going to find out if a prisoner is a pedophile?  You think that people admit to THAT?  Pedos get bashed in jail when their fellow prisoners find out.  Unless the convict is really dumb, he's not gonna admit to being a pedo to Georgy Porgy.

fabucat

Last night's show was a new low.  I liked Billy Mumy, but I swear that I've heard that interview before.  Was that taped?  THE WORST, however, was his "news."  No mention of Occupy's World Day of Action.  Yet he decided to call up gun-lover John Lott regarding the House's newly passed Conceal & Carry Reciprocity Bill.  This bill has about as much chance of becoming law, as Tim Geithner, Dick Fuld and Lloyd Blankfein have in going to jail.  At least Jorch could've bashed GUN-HATER & known advocate of fascistic police brutality, Mayor Bloomberg, with John Lott. 

(I'm wondering if Bloomy wants to ban guns so that dissenters will be unprotected when his hired police goons beat 'em but I digress). 

Next he had on that shrink who is against psychotropic medication.  Dude strongly urged listeners who take them to stop that, even though they should really consult their psychiatrist before doing so.  REALLY, REALLY, REALLY BAD.

fabucat

Quote from: b_dubb on November 18, 2011, 01:54:18 PM
maybe this is because the prison population is growing?

Talk about a captive audience!

Frys Girl

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 18, 2011, 12:31:45 PM
"George broadened the show to discuss science (especially the shrinking space program, natural phenomena, like earthquakes and meteors ,and, of course, crop circles) and government secrecy and conspiracy theories and theoreticians," said Smyntek."

Further, I'm absolutely sure Noory has, if anything, greatly narrowed the scope of the show by focusing heavily on predatory New Age mysticism; nonsense based on absolutely nothing but gullibility and wishful thinking with guests usually peddling books or consults to the hopeless and emotionally needy.  Bell covered a far broader subject spectrum that usually had some relation to observed phenomena and/or investigation.  And he did so with sharp wit and bit of skepticism, not Noory's smarmy, insultingly blind acceptance of every dopey notion presented.
Here here!

Morgus

Quote from: fabucat on November 18, 2011, 04:26:08 PMI liked Billy Mumy, but I swear that I've heard that interview before.  Was that taped? 
no it was live, but as usual Noory always makes the same comments and questions with his returning guests - nothing new ever.
Noory doesn't even seem to recall he asked the same questions before and doesn't remember the answers.
You can tell returning guests are a bit disturbed by that in their tone when Noory asks his same old tired repeat questions and comments.
Like when Noory played last night the same 50-year-old Twilight Zone audio clip with a 7year old Billy Mumy high voice and then Noory commented Billy was in his studio and amazingly is now all "grown up"
Noory thought he would still be a little kid after 50 years?  :o

In talking about modern music, Noory even claimed he was "hip" and Mumy was very skeptical of that claim, as he should be.
He could have easily exposed Noory's  musical fraud if he asked him a few simple questions about some classic rock artists...

Quote from: Morgus on November 18, 2011, 04:43:08 PM
... nothing new ever.

Noory doesn't even seem to recall he asked the same questions before and doesn't remember the answers.  You can tell returning guests are a bit disturbed by that in their tone when Noory asks his same old tired repeat questions and comments...

It's for thuh new lissners.  George doesn't have many long time listeners.

Quote from: Morgus on November 18, 2011, 04:43:08 PM
... then Noory commented Billy was in his studio and amazingly is now all "grown up"

Noory thought he would still be a little kid after 50 years?  :o

Like when he's talking about someone dying from something 100 years ago, 'if he hadn't died from (fill in the blank), he'd still be around'

Cplus

The Mumy Returns?
Surprisingly, at least to me, the excerpts from his new album didn't totally suck.

Quote from: Scully on November 17, 2011, 08:39:25 PM
Just thought I'd throw this tidbit into the shark tank.  8)

The Varsity News

Out of this world
U of D grad George Noory takes to the airwaves at night to discuss everything extraterrestrial
By Tommy Zimmer
VN Special Writer

Published: Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Updated: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 22:11

George Noory

... John Smyntek, also a 1972 graduate, become an editor with the Detroit Free Press and covered the radio industry for many years. He has followed Noory's career.

"George broadened the show to discuss science (especially the shrinking space program, natural phenomena, like earthquakes and meteors ,and, of course, crop circles) and government secrecy and conspiracy theories and theoreticians," said Smyntek...

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 18, 2011, 12:31:45 PM
... Further, I'm absolutely sure Noory has, if anything, greatly narrowed the scope of the show by focusing heavily on predatory New Age mysticism; nonsense based on absolutely nothing but gullibility and wishful thinking with guests usually peddling books or consults to the hopeless and emotionally needy.  Bell covered a far broader subject spectrum that usually had some relation to observed phenomena and/or investigation.  And he did so with sharp wit and bit of skepticism, not Noory's smarmy, insultingly blind acceptance of every dopey notion presented.

When George is sitting around scratching himself, wondering why he has a reputation all over the internet for lying, this is the sort of thing people are referring to.

Quote from: Scully on November 17, 2011, 08:39:25 PM
The Varsity News

Out of this world
U of D grad George Noory takes to the airwaves at night to discuss everything extraterrestrial
By Tommy Zimmer
VN Special Writer

Published: Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Updated: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 22:11

George Noory

... "I wanted to cover strange things," Noory said. His interest in the supernatural drove him.

However, his choices did not always match those of his bosses in the news business.

"News wanted me to cover normal things," Noory said...

That's weird.  They must have lied about what the job was going to be when they hired him.

Cplus

Quote from: Cplus on November 18, 2011, 05:28:38 PM
The Mumy Returns?
Surprisingly, at least to me, the excerpts from his new album didn't totally suck.

Eddie Coyle

The greatest Billy Mumy interview was on Howard Stern in December, 1994 when Billy West did his Dr Smith impression and basically tortured Mumy(who was selling a jazz Christmas cd) for half an hour. "Oh Dear!"...check it out on YouTube, it's priceless.

valdez

George reports that neutrinos may indeed travel faster than light.  K.W. Kesler tells a good demon story.  George wonders if he enjoys "researching demons." "Yeah, I wouldn't be here talking to you if I didn't."  George also says that there was a bomb threat in the area around the studio while he was on the air Thursday night.  Was that why he booted out early?  Producer Tom says they get thousands of text questions every week, and he picks the two dumbest ones to ask George on Fridays.  Good work, Tom.

Frys Girl

Quote from: valdez on November 19, 2011, 06:24:23 AM
     George reports that neutrinos may indeed travel faster than light.  K.W. Kesler tells a good demon story.  George wonders if he enjoys "researching demons." "Yeah, I wouldn't be here talking to you if I didn't."  George also says that there was a bomb threat in the area around the studio while he was on the air Thursday night.  Was that why he booted out early?  Producer Tom says they get thousands of text questions every week, and he picks the two dumbest ones to ask George on Fridays.  Good work, Tom.
I happened to catch the lady who called in breathing heavily and crying to George Noory about seeing her own ghost. She was so upset that George told her "I don't want you to have a heart attack." This show is so fake and stupid, and even if that story is true, count on George to say something annoying and unhelpful.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 19, 2011, 06:36:27 AM
This show is so fake and stupid, and even if that story is true, count on George to say something annoying and unhelpful.

If the old lady was for real, the most unhelpful thing ol' George kept repeating (IMO) was, "I want you to relax and remember we are all going to die." 

How comforting when you're hyperventilating. 

El Kragen

Quote from: valdez on November 19, 2011, 06:24:23 AM
      George also says that there was a bomb threat in the area around the studio while he was on the air Thursday night.  Was that why he booted out early? 

Can we get a confirmation on this one? I looked and didn't find anything but my Google-Fu is weak. I found stuff from a few months ago and a few years ago but nothing from the other night.

Cplus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 19, 2011, 01:11:45 AM

The greatest Billy Mumy interview was on Howard Stern in December, 1994 when Billy West did his Dr Smith impression and basically tortured Mumy(who was selling a jazz Christmas cd) for half an hour. "Oh Dear!"...check it out on YouTube, it's priceless.

Nice segment.
Howard's psychological analysis of Boxleitner dumping Melissa Gilbert may not have been his most insightful, as a marriage lasting 16 years with one child followed.That's well above today's average, especially for tinseltown.

WOTR

Quote from: El Kragen on November 19, 2011, 09:52:22 AM
Can we get a confirmation on this one? I looked and didn't find anything but my Google-Fu is weak. I found stuff from a few months ago and a few years ago but nothing from the other night.
I usually have pretty good startpage-Fu.  Is the studio in the area of Sherman Oaks?  It seems that they found a package on a tranist bus near Ventura and Sepulveda Boulevards @ 9:20 PM.  They had cleared the scene by 11:30.  Unless I am mistaken, this still does not allow George to claim that he had to take the last hour off (I don't really know what hours he really broadcasts as I am in a time zone that just records and rebroadcasts it later at night.)

Source: http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_19364472?source=rss

On that note, the same search turned up good news for people with cavities.  They many be able to develop a mouthwash to stop tooth decay...
http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_19370309?source=rss

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Cplus on November 19, 2011, 10:50:40 AM
Nice segment.
Howard's psychological analysis of Boxleitner dumping Melissa Gilbert may not have been his most insightful, as a marriage lasting 16 years with one child followed.That's well above today's average, especially for tinseltown.
Bear in mind that Howard was still propounding his own "perfect marriage" image at the time, which makes his prediction look even worse in retrospect.

Morgus

QuoteIt seems that they found a package on a tranist bus near Ventura and Sepulveda Boulevards @ 9:20 PM.  They had cleared the scene by 11:30.  Unless I am mistaken, this still does not allow George to claim that he had to take the last hour off (I don't really know what hours he really broadcasts as I am in a time zone that just records and rebroadcasts it later at night.)

Yeah the bomb scare he mentioned during the first hour of the show only, 10-11PM PT so that makes sense.
Noory didn't mention it again in the last 3 hours of the show.
His early cutout for the last half hour didn't have to do with the bomb scare at all, it was probably because he mentioned that night he was flying back to St Louis early in the morning...