• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Obama to announce immigration order in Las Vegas on Friday

Started by Quick Karl, November 19, 2014, 11:44:07 AM

Juan

I don't know what makes any of you think that the Republicans are opposed to this.  Their corporate rulers are all in favor of more poor people to exploit through low wages.

albrecht

Wouldn't it be nice if Ferguson no-bills that cop who killed the "gentle giant" and Obama grants amnesty to all the illegal criminals on the same night! We would have the mayhem caused by Obama's core-constituency rioting, looting, etc AND all the usual DUI accidents, rapes, etc by illegals- maybe even increased due to over-celebrating their amnesty. This will also help inflame the already existing animosity between blacks and Hispanics in many of our schools and cities. Maybe Obama can accomplish what Charlie dreamed about once they both start taking out revenge on "typical white people" (as Obama calls them.) What a wedding present for Manson!

Charles Manson Helter Skelter and Race WAR

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Juan on November 20, 2014, 11:18:20 AM
I don't know what makes any of you think that the Republicans are opposed to this.  Their corporate rulers are all in favor of more poor people to exploit through low wages.
House Republicans won't touch it because the Senate-passed bill has teeth with regard to employing illegals, and because they're beholding to the Fox News-fed crowd in gerrymandered conservative districts.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2014, 11:34:11 AM
House Republicans won't touch it because the Senate-passed bill has teeth with regard to employing illegals, and because they're beholding to the Fox News-fed crowd in gerrymandered conservative districts.
This is true. The Republican Party is very diverse, and as such weakens it, as you have conflict between the corporate types/small business types, the Eastern blueblood types and the common-man types, the libertarian types vs the global empire types, and the social value types and the economic types, etc. So works well locally and Statewise but much harder on a national level. Unlike the Democratic Party that demands complete allegiance and seeks total Federal domination and control on all levels of personal and economic life and doesn't allow much dissent internally, especially at a national Party level.

b_dubb

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 20, 2014, 09:35:09 AM
If Obama does what I think he is going to do, he will arouse the ire of a tepid GOP.

This will, ultimately, backfire in Obama`s face, and create great consternation within the Democrat party. In other words, 2016 could be an unprecedented year of good fortune for the GOP.
Keep dreaming.  And if it comes to be it won't be because of anything the GOP did.  All they've done is bitch and moan. Apparently that's how rich white fucks manifest butt hurt.

b_dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 20, 2014, 11:29:16 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if Ferguson no-bills that cop who killed the "gentle giant" and Obama grants amnesty to all the illegal criminals on the same night! We would have the mayhem caused by Obama's core-constituency rioting, looting, etc AND all the usual DUI accidents, rapes, etc by illegals- maybe even increased due to over-celebrating their amnesty. This will also help inflame the already existing animosity between blacks and Hispanics in many of our schools and cities. Maybe Obama can accomplish what Charlie dreamed about once they both start taking out revenge on "typical white people" (as Obama calls them.) What a wedding present for Manson!

Charles Manson Helter Skelter and Race WAR
you're a sick twisted fuck for getting a hard on over this

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2014, 10:12:00 AM
Its about fucking time twice-elected pussy Obama showed some backbone...

He was elected President, not King.  Not Dictator.  If Congress doesn't ever pass any legislation he wants, that's too bad.  His job is still to manage the Federal Government - and specifically not make new law by issuing decrees.

If, as in the Reagan era, the Congress will not pass popular legislation reflecting the Presidents priorities, the President can go over the heads of Congress (and in Reagan's case, over the head of Big Media as well) by scheduling an address to speak directly to the nation.  Discuss the issue and his solution like a grownup, and have constituents call on their Representative and Senators to get the bill passed.

Unfortunately Obama is unable to communicate without his teleprompter, and even then without anything but empty meaningless high sounding rhetoric.  He has no substance, he can't or won't work with anyone outside his little circle, and - most of all - his policies are not popular.

In fact his policies have not been popular from the start, but the majority liked him personally.  After all the lies and deceptions the majority no longer likes him, and they still don't like his policies.  They really don't like his policies.

If Obama won't work with the Congress, won't compromise, won't respect the will of the governed - as expressed in the recent elections - he ought to resign.

Its about fucking time twice-elected pussy Obama showed some backbone and gave those hack assholes Boehner and McConnell some of their own medicine...

What are you talking about.  I agree that Boehner and McConnell are assholes, but there is no parallel between either of them or between them and Obama.

Boehner and the House have sent literally hundreds of bills to the Senate, where Hairy Reed has killed them.  That's why the R's were able to run against incumbent Senators saying they voted with Obama 97% or 98% of the time - all these years those were the only bills Hairy allowed votes on.  What is it you think Obama would do to 'give him his own medicine'?

McConnell has had little power - being Minority Leader in Hairy's Senate and all.  When they blocked the worst of Obama's appointments, Hairy unethically dumped the Senate filibuster rule.  What is it you think Obama would do to 'give him his own medicine'?

The most powerful tool the Congress has to use against an out of control Executive Branch operating at this level of irresponsibility and lawlessness is the power of the purse.  The Framers gave that to them specifically for this very reason - cutting off an out of control Administration.  Yet Boehner and McConnell, and most of the rest of the Establishment Republicans, are on record as 'not going to shut down the government', as Big Media calls it when the government is temporarily not funded due to policy disputes.  They've already told Obama they won't use their best and strongest leverage.  They've signaled they won't do a thing except bitch and pretend (for the consumption of their constituents) they are against all this.

I don't think there's ever been a 'government shutdown' over an illegal action by the President, but it's time for that here.  In fact by taking their oaths of office to defend the Constitution, the Congressional leaders are required to do whatever they can to stop the lawlessness coming out of the White House.

Quote from: b_dubb on November 20, 2014, 11:47:35 AM
Keep dreaming.  And if it comes to be it won't be because of anything the GOP did.  All they've done is bitch and moan. Apparently that's how rich white fucks manifest butt hurt.

Why are the Dem's so obsessed with race?  Why the need to always be tearing down our country?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Juan on November 20, 2014, 11:18:20 AM

I wish more liberals understood this statement to be absolutely correct.  But, we don't have enough crayons to draw a complete picture for them.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2014, 12:12:31 PM
Why are the Dem's so obsessed with race?  Why the need to always be tearing down our country?

Essentially, their public policy initiatives are built on tribal agitation (or tribal creation).  Its an ancient political maneuver to gin up support from one side over another. 

Actually, Republicans have been remarkably quiet throughout Caesar Obamus` reign. Thus, my referring to them as "tepid."

However,  there is a NEW congress coming to town in January. THEIR disposition will be much different from the former congress.

Apparently that's how rich white fucks manifest butt hurt.

This idiotic statement pretty much encapsulates why Democrats are now licking their wounds and wondering how the hell they took such a horrible beating in the midterms. Keep racializing everything. it`s good for the country!

Its about fucking time twice-elected pussy Obama showed some backbone and gave those hack assholes Boehner and McConnell some of their own medicine. I can't wait to watch the tantrums and hysterics.

Well, you and ol` Val (Obama`s brain) are on the same page, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Nlq80DVpo

aldousburbank

I live and work in close proximity with a married couple who for many years have dotted every i and crossed every t to be and work here. Good on them. I still believe cheaters never prosper and we're all about to pay for multitudes not to.

Postscript- For those who don't know, I'm as brown as they come, grandchild of Mexican legal immigrants, Spanish primarily spoken in my childhood home, raised smack dab in the middle of the "brown power" movimiento. This executive action bullshit is horseshit.

Little Hater

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 20, 2014, 01:03:33 PM

However,  there is a NEW congress coming to town in January. THEIR disposition will be much different from the former congress.

Unfortunately, in your dreams. Two+ months is plenty of time for the GOP Establishment and their lobbyists to explain the facts of life to the newbies and corrupt them, too.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2014, 12:09:24 PM
If Congress doesn't ever pass any legislation he wants, that's too bad.  His job is still to manage the Federal Government - and specifically not make new law by issuing decrees.
The Constitution vests the Congress with the authority to establish and change naturalization requirements (law); citizenship.  It vests the President with authority to execute laws.  Too bad you're not as sharp on it as you are at misrepresenting and distorting virtually everything

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2014, 03:21:42 PM
The Constitution vests the Congress with the authority to establish and change naturalization requirements (law); citizenship.  It vests the President with authority to execute laws.  Too bad you're not as sharp on it as you are at misrepresenting and distorting virtually everything.
Where it is the issue closest to his heart (homosexual and gender-bender issues) or illegal immigration (dear aunty, drunken uncle, his sex-crime/fake-name brother) this guy Obama has said his Executive Office and minions will NOT enforce, or defend In court, laws passed, or on the books or simply go-around them by Executive Actions, Presidential Proclamations, or via regulation changes by executive depts. Similar to how when even the people (democratic, right) a large majority of voters pass a referendum (example is homosexual "marriage") some State officials will refuse to defend it in court. Similarly Obama wants to keep the open-border, even though there are laws already about this. Because, to Democrats and other leftists, It doesn't matter what the law is, what the people want, how the jury found, or how the vote went IF it went against their policies.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2014, 03:21:42 PM
The Constitution vests the Congress with the authority to establish and change naturalization requirements (law); citizenship.  It vests the President with authority to execute laws.  Too bad you're not as sharp on it as you are at misrepresenting and distorting virtually everything.

So changing a law to make it suit him is 'executing' it? 

Execute
Verb

1.  Carry out or put into effect (a plan, order, or course of action).

2.  Carry out a sentence of death on (a legally condemned person).

I guess you are right if you are applying the second definition above to existing law 'executed' by Mr Obama.  In the case of a President 'executing' law.  I believe the Founders meant the first above definition

Note the fist definition says nothing about changing the plan, order, or course of action on the fly, or contradicting the plan, order, or course of action.  It's about implementing an existing plan, order, or course of action.

bateman

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 20, 2014, 02:00:07 PM
I live and work in close proximity with a married couple who for many years have dotted every i and crossed every t to be and work here. Good on them. I still believe cheaters never prosper and we're all about to pay for multitudes not to.

Postscript- For those who don't know, I'm as brown as they come, grandchild of Mexican legal immigrants, Spanish primarily spoken in my childhood home, raised smack dab in the middle of the "brown power" movimiento. This executive action bullshit is horseshit.

Ding ding ding. This is a slap in the face to those who've gone through the legal process.

Juan

It's also a slap in the face to African-Americans whose jobs will likely be taken by the illegals.  That will increase existing animosity between blacks and browns.

It's interesting to see the supporters of Mr. Obama accepting the premise of John C. Calhoun - that  federal laws can simply be ignored.  Of course Mitch McConnell will engineer his own Compromise of 1850.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Juan on November 20, 2014, 05:14:52 PM
It's also a slap in the face to African-Americans whose jobs will likely be taken by the illegals. 

Charlize Theron will lose her job?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2014, 04:53:54 PM

So changing a law to make it suit him is 'executing' it? 
He's not changing any law. It's a long, long overdue dose of hard ball politics for recalcitrant Republicans in Congress who've used every scintilla of legal nuance and legislative abuse; like filibustering virtually everything in the Senate for SIX f***ing yrs., to nullify a twice-elected President.  Don't bust a blood vessel next hour.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2014, 06:30:48 PM
He's not changing any law. It's a long, long overdue dose of hard ball politics for recalcitrant Republicans in Congress who've used every scintilla of legal nuance and legislative abuse; like filibustering virtually everything in the Senate for SIX f***ing yrs., to nullify a twice-elected President.  Don't bust a blood vessel next hour.

Refusing to enforce lawe, defend in court laws, abide by court decisions, or by fiat make changes to same via Executive Orders, Presidential Proclamations, regulatory findings, and other high-jinx have the same net effect of making new law. Now, granted, I support this also (by things like Jury Nullification or State action) the difference is the individual protesting State power or individual States, via their elected legislature, Federal power (in keeping with precedent of many a Founding Father and some Presidents.) Obama Doctrine is that FEDERAL power, more specifically the Exective Branch (and inly him not say Bush) should override the voters, Congress, State legislators, legal precedent, Courts, or even just popular opinion. He regrets it is, alas, too late for public housing bilking "dear aunty" but at least drunken uncle might get the amnesty. (Not sure what happened to that sex-crime brother of his who tried to enter the UK illegally under a false name. Maybe he could use yet another name and come here as a Dreamer under the new amnesty?)
Ps: Obama was meeting witb Sharpton and encouraging the protests so we still get a nice Obama double-whammy of more crime and violence if the grand-jury doesn't "do the right thing."
Pps: I hate posting to BG on my phone. Can I get a new Obamaphone that might better? Im told they will help lie for you to get one.

Juan

The precedent has been set.  When President Cheney is elected to office, it will be perfectly acceptable to drill for oil off the shore of Florida, to stop enforcement of the endangered species act as applied to animals and plants that are less than five cm long, to find some people who lost their jobs with Apple and to then allow Apple to bring in all its overseas money without paying taxes - in other words, if he can find a sob story, he can take the law into his hands.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 20, 2014, 06:30:48 PM
He's not changing any law. It's a long, long overdue dose of hard ball politics for recalcitrant Republicans in Congress who've used every scintilla of legal nuance and legislative abuse; like filibustering virtually everything in the Senate for SIX f***ing yrs., to nullify a twice-elected President.  Don't bust a blood vessel next hour...

Seriously?  Here's Obama to explain it to you in his own words - from a few years back obviously.  You may have to turn it up on a few clips, especially the first one when a member of the audience is shouting at him. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIueBJWkCQY#t=11

Gd5150

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 19, 2014, 10:21:03 PM
It's interesting how all the talking heads on both sides are ignoring the white elephant in the room (or lack of an elephant as the case may be). All this amnesty boils down to is an attempt to make the presidency permanently Democratic. They're importing voters with the intent of seizing permanent power.

When you frame it in those terms, it becomes an organized and illegal act of sedition on the part of the Democratic Party.

Same reason they mandated Obamacare. More Democrat control. Democrat politicians aren't out for the country, they're out for themselves. They don't fight to provide healthcare for those who need it, they fight against Republicans. They don't fight against crappy schools, they fight against Republicans. They don't fight against an endless recession, they fight against Republicans. They don't fight foreign terrorists, they fight against Republicans. Just look how ignorant Vta is...he can't make one point why amnesty will help the US. Only hopes it'll piss off who else? Republicans.

This is why the left endlessly falls behind and preys on the weak and ignorant. When people get out from under their grasp they always leave the party of losers. It's sad, the US is a great country but unfortunately the part of the country that controls education and media fights for its downfall.

Democrats live the philosophy, everyone should be equal, equally miserable, and they're extremely successful at making it happen.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 20, 2014, 09:49:46 PM
Seriously?  Here's Obama to explain it to you in his own words - from a few years back obviously.  You may have to turn it up on a few clips, especially the first one when a member of the audience is shouting at him. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIueBJWkCQY#t=11
You're either terribly naive about politics or just blindly accept whatever crapola the right sends your way without analysis. Those Obama remarks, unspecific though they were, were for the benefit of Republicans to send the message that he would work with them even though it angered his own base, and not act by Presidential authority. They were also made YEARS ago, yet the  conservatives in the House STILL refuse to do anything on the immigration mess. The remarks were also about proposals with naturalization elements, over which he has no authority.

If I were fed such a stream of manipulative distortions and misrepresentations as you swallow and regurgitate daily, I'd question my views.  Oh wait...I did several years ago, and quit the Republicans.