• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: jazmunda on September 07, 2015, 09:56:48 PM
Time to take bets. Will MV have the show thread up in time? Go. :P

Was that strictly for last night's thread ... or is it still valid for tonight's too?

Caruthers612

Quote from: Morgus on September 08, 2015, 03:09:07 AM
Ah, Art must be searching for a witch to replace Dr. Evelyn Paglini?

Gods, wouldn't that be nice. I couldn't stand that gravel-throated old crone and thought she was full of it, anyway. What we really need is a return of Harlot. Who here remembers her? ;-)

Faustina

Great show tonight, Art.  I really like the new resident show witch, Debbie (although I think she should call herself Deborah, it's more witchy).

Here is my group on Facebook that she mentioned a couple of times, Art Bell Fans Under Cover of the Night.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/731549980305383/

We have a live chat thread in that group every night, quite active, which is why I'm nearly never in the live show chat thread for the show on Bellgab (which I find is best taken in small servings, sorry guys).  ;)

jazmunda

Wednesday Night's Guest: Elaine (Bigfoot lives in her backyard)

http://artbell.com/wed-sep-9-elaine-bigfoot-lives-in-her-backyard/

QuoteElaine moved to Texas from Hawaii in late 2006.  She quickly realized life in East Texas was quite different from what she had left behind in Hawaii.  At her new isolated, country home, she soon realized her and her son were not alone.  Elaine felt as if she was being watched, noticed her rabbits being set free from their cages during the night, and heard rocks being thrown at her house.   Frightened, she did not know what she was dealing with, until one night she came face to face with what she could only call a BigFoot.

AppealPlay

Backyard Bigfoot?  That show is going to rock.

jazmunda

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 09, 2015, 02:31:35 AM
Backyard Bigfoot?  That show is going to rock.

I know right. If she can spin a good tale then this could be Mel's Hole level Epic.

Quote from: jazmunda on September 09, 2015, 02:29:59 AM
Wednesday Night's Guest: Elaine (Bigfoot lives in her backyard)

http://artbell.com/wed-sep-9-elaine-bigfoot-lives-in-her-backyard/

Is that the case Dave Shraeder was going to investigate personally?

michio

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 09, 2015, 03:03:58 AM
Is that the case Dave Shraeder was going to investigate personally?

The woman Schrader interviewed is Christine Parker back on Jan. 23, 2015.

Google: watch?v=NW2I5zRNMyA

NXOEED

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 05, 2015, 08:33:40 PM
Edit: should be NXOEED

Cool, thanks for the shout-out.

I'm not sure they were into my illustration. The "throwbackedness" of it might not have been the look they were going for, but it was free and I was willing to do the work. I think given the choice, they'd prefer stock imagery with a Helvetica font typed over it, which is totally understandable.

But, in the event that I'm reading it wrong, here's my card:

brief portfolio of work from the past several months:
http://ordophx.tumblr.com

Good day Art

Hope you don't mind my commenting a bit

While I thought your Truth or Trash was brill I found your callers bloody dull and would like to suggest you have a theme in the future.  A great first theme should have been only time travelers calling in.  That would have been a far more interesting listening experience then having to listen to people just blabbing about really stupid things.  I felt sorry for the judges who did an excellent job and were the reason I continued listening.  I don't know how they could stand it though.

Perhaps if you plan on this again say October Fridays.. you could have Ghost Stories judged as Truth or Balderdash... by the way do not like the word Trash!  In December you could make Friday's Truth or BS about people telling Christmas Gift stories or telling Early Predictions for 2016 and again your chosen judges could decide if they're true ghost stories or true Prediction Intel or just plain bullshit!

CornyCrow

Quote from: Caruthers612 on September 08, 2015, 11:37:06 PM
        Gods, wouldn't that be nice. I couldn't stand that gravel-throated old crone and thought she was full of it, anyway. What we really need is a return of Harlot. Who here remembers her? ;-)
I did not think Paglini was the best representative of the religion.  She was full of drama and, I thought, negative energy.  She was also hawking her website and selling ritual stuff.  Not all witches are fair-minded, decent, people.  The difference from other religions is that these people may be able to do some real damage to themselves and others.  We had a magic shop in my area a long time ago.  The guy who ran it would recruit young, underaged, girls into his 'coven'.  These were kids without proper direction in life, probably victims of poor parenting.  He closed because the cops were after him, but the shop had been around for years. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on September 08, 2015, 05:44:37 PM
Art Bell: Recruiting Pirates to catch Pirates. :P

https://youtu.be/Wkqd0ifEHG4

LOL Jaz!  Now, here's one for you, Art, and all BellGabbers. ;D

Cats Being Jerks Video Compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1KW3ZkLtuo

Check out "The Owl And The Pussy Cat" at 2:02.

Faustina

Whatever show is on the Dark Matter Digital Network is nearly unlistenable because the guest is being allowed to talk on speaker phone and there's a terrible echo.  Gawd, but some of these small-time online radio shows desperately need a good producer.

Also, I find it annoying that when you bring up DMDN on TuneIn, that it never shows the name of what show is playing.  You have to then go to the DMDN website, and dig it up off Keith's very cumbersome chart, where it's not even always correct (for example, Capricorn Radio has been playing in the Dark City slot).

Rant over.

BellBoy

Quote from: Jessicas Place on September 09, 2015, 09:59:29 AM
Good day Art

While I thought your Truth or Trash was brill I found your callers bloody dull and would like to suggest you have a theme in the future.  A great first theme should have been only time travelers calling in.  That would have been a far more interesting listening experience then having to listen to people just blabbing about really stupid things.  I felt sorry for the judges who did an excellent job and were the reason I continued listening.  I don't know how they could stand it though.

Perhaps if you plan on this again say October Fridays.. you could have Ghost Stories judged as Truth or Balderdash... by the way do not like the word Trash!  In December you could make Friday's Truth or BS about people telling Christmas Gift stories or telling Early Predictions for 2016 and again your chosen judges could decide if they're true ghost stories or true Prediction Intel or just plain bullshit!

Yes Art, I think the one message we can all take away from this post is that  the word "Trash" is offensive... bullshit! is definitely the way to go!

bullshit! bullshit! bullshit!... did I mention bullshit!?

albrecht

Quote from: NXOEED on September 09, 2015, 09:56:28 AM

I'm not sure they were into my illustration. The "throwbackedness" of it might not have been the look they were going for, but it was free and I was willing to do the work. I think given the choice, they'd prefer stock imagery with a Helvetica font typed over it, which is totally understandable.

I know your busy but anyway you could make a generic "Art Bell MITD"  normal sheet sized poster that we could print out and put around places? Something that shows the times and ways to listen (SW, TuneIn, DMDN, etc?) Look the one you made for the Blitz but without the date so use for now and future?

Rix Gins

Remember that dude who ran over Bigfoot quite a few years back, and told about it on Art's old show?  Yeah, he put the body in a freezer and turned out it was still alive.  The guy had a nasty "woe is me" type of voice that darn near drove me crazy.  I have much higher hopes for tonight's guest.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 09, 2015, 03:56:09 PM
Remember that dude who ran over Bigfoot quite a few years back, and told about it on Art's old show?  Yeah, he put the body in a freezer and turned out it was still alive.  The guy had a nasty "woe is me" type of voice that darn near drove me crazy.  I have much higher hopes for tonight's guest.
Yes.  When he thought it was dead in the woods he said he wrapped it in a blanket.  Art interjected 'Like a burrito?'.  The guy hesitated, and said 'Yes, like a burrito'.   

I always think of that guy as the 'Alien in the Burrito' guy. 

indigoo

As an artist myself, I seriously can't get over your work. So fucking good!

b_dubb

Quote from: michio on September 09, 2015, 07:41:43 AM
The woman Schrader interviewed is Christine Parker back on Jan. 23, 2015.

Google: watch?v=NW2I5zRNMyA
Did JJ Abrams film that?  Lens flares abound.

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on September 09, 2015, 06:45:55 PM
Did JJ Abrams film that?  Lens flares abound.

If you like Lens Flares then you're gonna love Lens Flare: The Movie.

https://youtu.be/bHqjmlM3kxs

Perhaps Art can do a show on the phenomena.

(redacted) get on this STAT!

NXOEED

Quote from: indigoo on September 09, 2015, 06:21:58 PM
As an artist myself, I seriously can't get over your work. So fucking good!

Oh thank you kindly, indigoo. I really appreciate it.

Albrecht, I did end up making some modifications to the one that I had made earlier in the summer (i took out the "July 20" and pressed everything closer together). That image is in the blitz thread, but I'm not quite thrilled with it, to be honest. I plan on drawing up a new one just as soon as I get a few things out of the way.

albrecht

Quote from: NXOEED on September 09, 2015, 07:09:54 PM
Oh thank you kindly, indigoo. I really appreciate it.

Albrecht, I did end up making some modifications to the one that I had made earlier in the summer (i took out the "July 20" and pressed everything closer together). That image is in the blitz thread, but I'm not quite thrilled with it, to be honest. I plan on drawing up a new one just as soon as I get a few things out of the way.
Cool, got it. Can't wait for the next one, your stuff is neat. Maybe add times and the shortwave station?

NXOEED

Quote from: albrecht on September 09, 2015, 07:13:35 PM
Cool, got it. Can't wait for the next one, your stuff is neat. Maybe add times and the shortwave station?

I'm totally gonna add the shortwave stations. I keep meaning to do this, but I got hit with a bunch of work this month. I'm trying to knock it all out of the way so that I can get one up by next week.

chefist

LOL that is the best biz card I have ever seen, brother! AWESOME!

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on September 09, 2015, 07:16:08 PM
I'm totally gonna add the shortwave stations. I keep meaning to do this, but I got hit with a bunch of work this month. I'm trying to knock it all out of the way so that I can get one up by next week.

Missed seeing your posts, man! You give BellGab flavor! LOL

WhiteCrow

Quote from: albrecht on September 09, 2015, 03:51:00 PM
I know your busy but anyway you could make a generic "Art Bell MITD"  normal sheet sized poster that we could print out and put around places? Something that shows the times and ways to listen (SW, TuneIn, DMDN, etc?) Look the one you made for the Blitz but without the date so use for now and future?

That's great and I also like my idea of NXOEED making a 8 1/2 X 11 for Art, on like a pdf file, that we print out on a ream of paper and leave a small stack at truck stops and anywhere they have visitor/tourist handout info.
Many business like restaurants, gas stations grocery stores etc, also have tourist info tables/stands in their lobbies.

It should have all the show info (times) and how listen to it.

Go at NXOEED, I'll print out a few reams of paper and pass them out... Milwaukee/Waukesha area Bellgabbers, report back if you see any of mine.

I'm heading out west again in a few weeks, on a road trip...  Have Art Bell Flyers with Deliver.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Jessicas Place on September 09, 2015, 09:59:29 AM
Good day Art

Roswells... great ideas, like theme or maybe a few themes a night to pick from... except of course, Art doesn't like using the 'bad' words (and I concur) so truth or trash IMHO is fine.

albrecht

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 09, 2015, 09:53:41 PM
That's great and I also like my idea of NXOEED making a 8 1/2 X 11 for Art, on like a pdf file, that we print out on a ream of paper and leave a small stack at truck stops and anywhere they have visitor/tourist handout info.
Many business like restaurants, gas stations grocery stores etc, also have tourist info tables/stands in their lobbies.

It should have all the show info (times) and how listen to it.

Go at NXOEED, I'll print out a few reams of paper and pass them out... Milwaukee/Waukesha area Bellgabbers, report back if you see any of mine.

I'm heading out west again in a few weeks, on a road trip...  Have Art Bell Flyers with Deliver.
That was my plan also. At cafes, colleges, convenience stores, post office, grocery stores, truck stops, etc where flyers for stuff like bbqs, concerts, fish-frys, swap meets, rodeos, church stuff, lost pets, stuff for sale, are allowed to be posted. NXOEED ones would certainly catch the eye and help spread the word....heck maybe a combo even with OSOM because I'm really digging RCH's show also....

Morgus

Big Bellgab Kudos to (Redacted) for finding Elaine and her son Sierra to tell their fascinating encounters with bigfoot creatures near their home in east Texas.
I can't imagine how you found them since in the past Art only got someone like the classic "Bugs" that started as a regular caller.
I hope Art has them back again with more too.

jazmunda

Quote from: Morgus on September 10, 2015, 01:13:05 AM
Big Bellgab Kudos to (Redacted) for finding Elaine and her son Sierra to tell their fascinating encounters with bigfoot creatures near their home in east Texas.
I can't imagine how you found them since in the past Art only got someone like the classic "Bugs" that started as a regular caller.
I hope Art has them back again with more too.

Agreed. (redacted) is doing a stellar job. She's setting them up and Art's knocking them out of the park.

If we go down the Mel's Hole route the next show they are on will have a mutated Bigfoot leading them to Nazi gold ...... on the Moon. ;D

Meanwhile at Coast to Coast ....