• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 12:49:39 AM
Repeal it. Set a 24 month deadline for replacement. Open up the debate like was promised in 2008.

EXCLUDE ALL ILLEGALS FROM ANY REPLACEMENT PLAN AS A RED LINE IN THE SAND.

MAKE CONGRESS COMPLY WITH ANY REPLACEMENT PLAN. NO EXEMPTIONS.

FUND THE VA FOR ALL VETERANS - REMOVE THE CURRENT INCOME TEST AND GIVE THE REST WHAT THEY WERE PROMISED.

p.s. Maybe you missed the part were I said end of discussion.

Sorry, darling. Repeal and then replace? Horrible idea

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 12:49:08 AM
You're the simpletons who fell for the simpleton

You're too simple to understand Infinity-D chess.  ::)

TigerLily

The only way I would trust Congress to rewrite healthcare is if they were required to have it as their only option

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2017, 12:58:00 AM
You're too simple to understand Infinity-D chess.  ::)

Keep telling yourself that. No one else believes it anymore

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 12:57:55 AM

Explain your argument for Obamacare? You understand it was drafted by Republicans and is a giant wet kiss to the insurance industry, right? In fact, name one thing Obama did that expressed liberal values...at all.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:00:20 AM
Keep telling yourself that. No one else believes it anymore

Who cares what the headcases who are lynching people who look conservative think. They're obviously not dealing with a full deck.  ::)

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2017, 01:01:41 AM
Explain your argument for Obamacare? You understand it was drafted by Republicans and is a giant wet kiss to the insurance industry, right? In fact, name one thing Obama did that expressed liberal values...at all.  ;D

Who are you arguing with? Certainly not me. Obama is a centrist, not a liberal. Yes, the Republicans are owned by the insurance companies, big pharma, big oil/coal, name your favorite lobbyist. Drain the swamp indeed

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 12:57:55 AM

That is what every republican elected in the last 8 years won their election based on. Elections have consequences.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:07:42 AM
Who are you arguing with? Certainly not me. Obama is a centrist, not a liberal. Yes, the Republicans are owned by the insurance companies, big pharma, big oil/coal, name your favorite lobbyist. Drain the swamp indeed

Well, isn't it obvious to you yet that Trump's not exactly a team player that way? Perhaps strict party lines and the whole team thing is a little passe now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 12:59:21 AM
The only way I would trust Congress to rewrite healthcare is if they were required to have it as their only option

That can be stipulation number 2.  Right after the one that says no illegal alien can be treated under such a plan.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 01:19:31 AM
That can be stipulation number 2.  Right after the one that says no illegal alien can be treated under such a plan.

I'd vote for that.  See! compromise works! :)

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 01:19:31 AM

You got my vote. You can be President Sucks! Wait, we already have one of those

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2017, 01:14:26 AM
Well, isn't it obvious to you yet that Trump's not exactly a team player that way? Perhaps strict party lines and the whole team thing is a little passe now.

Isn't obvious to you yet that Trump is a team of one?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:23:24 AM
You got my vote. You can be President Sucks! Wait, we already have had one of those.

FIFY  ;)

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 12:00:41 AM
Replace it with whatever you want but start with a clean repeal and a deadline for replacement. The only thing that has doubled the cost is Obamacare.

I diasgree that there is only one way to bring down costs. 

Let insurance companies sell a wide range of plans just like there were before. Let them sell them across state lines.

You are insane if you think the government makes anything cheaper just by taking it over.

Ha! After 8 years of bitching about it but offering no viable alternative whatsoever, what makes you think giving the GOP-led congress a "deadline" to replace the ACA would work? And repealing with no replacement is beyond stupid. The cost of the insuing chaos would doom the entire process and leave people in uninsured limbo.

The government has been contracting a variety of services out for years. You can't assume alternative solutions--including even single-payer--will be strictly government run. (Though I have to say, I have nothing but praise for Medicare and the informed and helpful government employees who work there.)

And do you really want business as usual from the insurance industry "like before", whose "wide range of plans" cherry-picks the healthiest and leaves those with pre-existing conditions flapping in the breeze?

Furthermore, your "across state lines" plans are no panacea either. What makes you think your good deal from Kentucky will cover all your needs in Texas? This is a fantasy promoted by the insurance industry, who cares more about your money than your good health.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-03-06/selling-health-insurance-across-state-lines-won-t-save-money

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:24:39 AM
Isn't obvious to you yet that Trump is a team of one?

Yeah, that's why I voted for him. I was intelligent enough to realize that both parties are hopelessly corrupt and sold out to corporate interests. I'll wait here while you catch up.  :D

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 01:08:26 AM
That is what every republican elected in the last 8 years won their election based on. Elections have consequences.

They liked how it sounded but never thought they would have to actually do it.  Eight years of whining and never sat down to figure it out. They still have no clue

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:28:07 AM
They liked how it sounded but never thought they would have to actually do it.  Eight years of whining and never sat down to figure it out. They still have no clue

Nice narrative but NO! They're in collusion with the Dems on this because it's really the Republican's bill and the Dems are shameless lackey sellouts carrying water for them.  ::) ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2017, 01:27:11 AM
Yeah, that's why I voted for him. I was intelligent enough to realize that both parties are hopelessly corrupt and sold out to corporate interests. I'll wait here while you catch up.  :D

Re-writing your history already. What happened to infinity chess?  You finally figuring out he couldn't even win a game of checkers?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:30:41 AM
Re-writing your history already. What happened to infinity chess?  You finally figuring out he couldn't even win a game of checkers?

I couldn't make any sense of this non sequitur.  ??? :-\

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2017, 01:30:14 AM
Nice narrative but NO! They're in collusion with the Dems on this because it's really the Republican's bill and the Dems are shameless lackey sellouts carrying water for them.  ::) ;D

Your babbling, Doc. Beddy bye time for you

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:31:59 AM
Your babbling, Doc. Beddy bye time for you

I know. You hate it when I start making a lot of sense because then makes you reflect on why you sold out your values for some magic beans.  ::)

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:28:07 AM

It takes about 12 words to repeal it. They have already passed that like 8 times.

If the public gets pissed off that it got repealed, then tough shit. That is what they elected the republicans to do. First in the house, then in the senate, then in the white house. Elections have consequences.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2017, 01:34:16 AM
I know. You hate it when I start making a lot of sense because then makes you reflect on why you sold out your values for some magic beans.  ::)

At least take your meds

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 01:35:44 AM
It takes about 12 words to repeal it. They have already passed that like 8 times.

If the public gets pissed off that it got repealed, then tough shit. That is what they elected the republicans to do. First in the house, then in the senate, then in the white house. Elections have consequences.

Not everyone voted for those asshats. I wanted Bernie and voted for Kamala

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 12:49:39 AM
Repeal it. Set a 24 month deadline for replacement. Open up the debate like was promised in 2008.

EXCLUDE ALL ILLEGALS FROM ANY REPLACEMENT PLAN AS A RED LINE IN THE SAND.

MAKE CONGRESS COMPLY WITH ANY REPLACEMENT PLAN. NO EXEMPTIONS.

FUND THE VA FOR ALL VETERANS - REMOVE THE CURRENT INCOME TEST AND GIVE THE REST WHAT THEY WERE PROMISED.

p.s. Maybe you missed the part were I said end of discussion.

It's reassuring to know that people like you are in the minority. 🤗

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2017, 01:37:37 AM
Not everyone voted for those asshats. I wanted Bernie and voted for Kamala

Not everyone voted for Obama and as soon as the majority started seeing what had become of the Democratic Party they started voting them out of office. To undue the damage that was done beginning in 2009. If this set of asshats fuck it up, we can try again in 4-8 years.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 17, 2017, 01:44:14 AM
Not everyone voted for Obama and as soon as the majority started seeing what had become of the Democratic Party they started voting them out of office. To undue the damage that was done beginning in 2009. If this set of asshats fuck it up, we can try again in 4-8 years.

... and vote in a whole new set of asshats. Besides the mess of 2009 was to fix the mess that started in 2001