• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

berry

Great show. I always love The Spec Sheet. One of my favorites.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: berry on April 01, 2015, 10:21:25 AM
Great show. I always love The Spec Sheet. One of my favorites.

thank you, sir.

Quote from: lonevoice on March 31, 2015, 12:53:10 PM
Will you be uploading the show?

yup.  last night's show is here:
http://ufoship.com/?cat=11

3OctaveFart

What was Reid's poison of choice? Booze or drugs?
She looks like she is in the beginning stages of organ failure.

Quote from: MV on March 31, 2015, 10:29:50 PM
the hatred curtis feels for windows phone actually compelled him to use the word "shit" on the show tonight.  this is a landmark moment for our program.

MV and his colorful language has indirectly finally corrupted what was previously believed to be incorruptible.

Next, Curtis will be buzz bomb diving his drones at the innocent elderly while cackling madly.

I blame such gutter-speak on violent video games and Elvis's pelvis.

The General

You guys need to stop messing around with Mumble and Skype and what not and just roll out your own proprietary VanDeeeeeeven Enterprises communication program...

FeenFub.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on April 02, 2015, 03:20:22 PM
You guys need to stop messing around with Mumble and Skype and what not and just roll out your own proprietary VanDeeeeeeven Enterprises communication program...

FeenFub.

i'll kick this around with the development team.  they've come so far with firefub that i'm sure they're looking for a new project.

The General

Quote from: MV on April 02, 2015, 03:49:40 PM
i'll kick this around with the development team.  they've come so far with firefub that i'm sure they're looking for a new project.

With FeenFub, automatic communication delays will be built in to the system.

b_dubb

Quote from: The General on April 03, 2015, 11:00:56 AM
With FeenFub, automatic communication delays will be built in to the system.
Automatically delayed so that everyone is constantly talking at the same time. Only.

area51drone

I've been so busy reading the Falkie thread and accusing the man who started it of not doing the spec sheet, only to find out that it's back.   Damn me, damn me to hell.

What is Falkie thread?

Does blasphemer claim there are other worlds than Spec Sheeticus?

Brain!  Brain!  What is brain?

There is only Spec Sheeticus.

And we are one.

VegasI15

Is the Spec Sheet going to discuss the Surface 3?   And how Curtis really feels about Microsoft mobile products?  Looking forward to a new show.

ONeill

Good show last week, glad you're back.

Tarbaby

Great to have the shw bck! Great to hear MudKing again. The show has and has always had a smooth energetic flow. I'm still out here listening to SpecCheet and Dark City albeit I can't generally read or write to BellGab. (Today is an exception, I'm on a different computer). I enjoy the TechSheet via a podcast aggregator.
   MV, you are a hoot!  Smart, ascerbic, entertaining and... probably a little bit craazy! (like me) I loved your loyalty and fondness for the MudKing when you refused to continue the program after his absence.
   Should we be discussing him here?  I mean, he can't read this can he? :-)
   Bye for now, I'll be listeninging and will try to come back and visit again in a year or so.

(Master Bateman, if you're reading this, I also am a loyal listener to Dark City. Getting better than ever! I do bemoan the loss of the longer intro music (that we both loved). Who made you shorten it? I will take your answer off the air and in your Dark City thread. :) )

Tarbaby

Oh, I almlost forgot: About 4 months ago I became aware of something that you guys sort of obliquely referred to during your podcast. Related to a question MV asked Curtis. About BellGab site being malware free: For a along time now McAfee had an online service called Site Advisory whose purpose was to alert online users to suspicious or infected website.  Well, 4 months or so ago I noticed that GOOGLE now has a similar service. And it has labeled BellGab as "suspicious". It says no malaware has actually been detected however. I say we investigate.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 08, 2015, 07:26:49 AM
Great to have the shw bck! Great to hear MudKing again. The show has and has always had a smooth energetic flow. I'm still out here listening to SpecCheet and Dark City albeit I can't generally read or write to BellGab. (Today is an exception, I'm on a different computer). I enjoy the TechSheet via a podcast aggregator.
   MV, you are a hoot!  Smart, ascerbic, entertaining and... probably a little bit craazy! (like me) I loved your loyalty and fondness for the MudKing when you refused to continue the program after his absence.
   Should we be discussing him here?  I mean, he can't read this can he? :-)
   Bye for now, I'll be listeninging and will try to come back and visit again in a year or so.

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 08, 2015, 07:42:46 AM
Oh, I almlost forgot: About 4 months ago I became aware of something that you guys sort of obliquely referred to during your podcast. Related to a question MV asked Curtis. About BellGab site being malware free: For a along time now McAfee had an online service called Site Advisory whose purpose was to alert online users to suspicious or infected website.  Well, 4 months or so ago I noticed that GOOGLE now has a similar service. And it has labeled BellGab as "suspicious". It says no malaware has actually been detected however. I say we investigate.

thanks for the nice note.  always glad to know people enjoy the program.  by the way... i just checked with google's malware detection database and it doesn't say anything bad about bellgab:

[attach=1]

ONeill

I can has Spec Sheet?

Tarbaby

Mv, The day after I posted above my iPad and iPhone started working again to allow me back onto Bellgab. I thought it was the new OS fixes but I see you also make changes on your end so it might be a combination both of those things that allowed me access again.

Anyway, I just looked again and both Google and Norton have nothing but good things to say about Bella gab. But there is a site called scamaudit.com/domain bellgab and that has a lot of very inaccurate information concerning Bellgab and does use the word "suspicious". They even made a prediction how much the system might garner per month in income.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 15, 2015, 03:28:18 PM
But there is a site called scamaudit.com/domain bellgab and that has a lot of very inaccurate information concerning Bellgab and does use the word "suspicious". They even made a prediction how much the system might garner per month in income.

wow.  they were embarrassingly low on the number of visitors.  oh, and the ad revenue.

Tarbaby

Just to clarify, back when I stumbled across this information that bellgab was "suspicious" it was indeed Google, an app or program which has subsumed websites like McAfee site advisor, etc. even though I didn't see that from googled the other day which is four months later. But I didn't search extensively. I had read somewhere that Google started gathering under its own umbrella these other site advisers Who use various algorithms and indicators. But after seeing all the missinformation at this "scamreport"fite it leaves me with the impression that they aren't very helpful. A lot of it depends on the dates and times two.

area51drone

Forgot to listen, finally doing it now.  Amazon pricing is crazy, my software moves the price every 30 minutes or so.  If someone sells out, price will go up, guaranteed.  Someone posts new inventory, price goes down.  That's why you see the changes so quickly - all the sellers are constantly changing their prices, and it will affect Amazon's price on the same item since they're doing the same thing we are.   I agree, only looking for each category to sort by price is insane.   

Anyway, my suggestion to you guys is camelcamelcamel.com, check it out - you can track the prices and even see price history to know you're getting a good deal.  It will even notify you when the price of the item falls to a certain level.   It's free.

Thanks for the show, so glad to have you guys back!

You will have to make the spec sheet a weekly thing now that it's going back on DMRN.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 29, 2015, 09:16:39 AM
You will have to make the spec sheet a weekly thing now that it's going back on DMRN.

we'll find a way. 

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2015, 10:35:49 AM
we'll find a way.
Great if Art goes on DMRN thats a honor to be on the same network as him.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 29, 2015, 07:44:05 PM
Great if Art goes on DMRN thats a honor to be on the same network as him.

if it gets me a step closer to owning art's old fax machine, then it's all been worth it.

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2015, 09:53:04 PM
if it gets me a step closer to owning art's old fax machine, then it's all been worth it.

Dude, instead of paying $5000 for his TV you could have had the fax machine for half that

wr250

spec sheet tuesday?