Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 23, 2015, 09:11:07 PM
Affiliates shout out

KIYQ 107.1 FM Las Vegas, NV
KQRP 92.9 FM Malakoff, TX
KZPZ 106.7 FM Mt Vernon, TX

Wow.  He scored the Micro 3.  Guess he's working the ass end of the affiliates market.  That's a ..... different.... strategy.

coaster

If you google for leo ashcraft, bellgab is the third result. Heh

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 24, 2015, 02:29:38 PM
Wow.  He scored the Micro 3.  Guess he's working the ass end of the affiliates market.  That's a ..... different.... strategy.

KQRP, the 100-watt bug lamp of Malakoff!

paladin1991

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on October 24, 2015, 02:54:03 PM

Malakoff.   Malakoff.  Where is that?  Kurdistan?  East Covina?  I'm drawing a blank here.

AppealPlay

Aren't those stations that also stole from Art during his little meltdown?

popple

A lung sighed knight sure is running as smooth as silt

b_dubb

So is Leo's show called the Knob Cast? Cause it's hosted by a couple knobs

Sean92008

Bump this topic...

Hey, I sent them a message (FB?  I don't remember) and complimented them on their family trivia...  Why?  I didn't really like it but I was just encouraging them on the crash and burn.  I know this stuff makes awful radio past 7 minutes.

I went over to listen the night of the Phoenix interwebs shutdown and thought it would be a hoot to listen to.  First off, it took me a considerable amount of time before I found the stream...  Once found, I heard "like" and "so" way too much...

If he's taking callers, I guess we listeners could use a salutation of "WBGs" (Whiny bitch greetings...) and see if that gets by...  Somebody's bound to be curious (if anybody is listening) and google it... 

AppealPlay

Hey, so those who have listened, would you say this abomination worse than Dave?

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 25, 2015, 07:53:26 AM
Hey, so those who have listened, would you say this abomination worse than Dave?

Uhhhh... Duhhhh. Uhhhh. So uhh like... This uhhhh

MV/Liberace!

I could listen to Noory over this shit any time. It's beyond insufferable.

AppealPlay

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 25, 2015, 10:43:15 AM
Uhhhh... Duhhhh. Uhhhh. So uhh like... This uhhhh

Quote from: MV on October 25, 2015, 11:42:31 AM
I could listen to Noory over this shit any time. It's beyond insufferable.

Sounds glorious.  What is Schulman's beef with Art?  Anyone know?

Dateline

Yes, it has a yellow frequency that gives your radio a yellow glow in the night as you listen to it.  Whenever a bug, mispronunciation goes off, by Asscraft, it goes squak.  That is like a bug getting close to the light and being toast. 

And, did't those Texas affiliates get washed out by the big tropical depression. 

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 24, 2015, 02:55:39 PM
Malakoff.   Malakoff.  Where is that?  Kurdistan?  East Covina?  I'm drawing a blank here.

A town of about 2,000 somewhere in East Texas. Probably doesn't even qualify for a Dairy Queen.

I love that they're airing two weeks worth of "test shows." From what I've heard, it seems like a good way to get rid of your double-digit audience before the supposed real thing starts.

norland2424

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 25, 2015, 12:15:00 PM
Sounds glorious.  What is Schulman's beef with Art?  Anyone know?

I think its a mix of him being leo's friend and well us here talking shit to him, but yea the show is horrible.

henge0stone

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on October 25, 2015, 03:57:16 PM

I love that they're airing two weeks worth of "test shows." From what I've heard, it seems like a good way to get rid of your double-digit audience before the supposed real thing starts.

Seriously who the fuck needs two WEEKS of test shows? It's their way of making up for the shit quality, they can just say they were test shows. If you have shit shows for two weeks there's no reason for your audience to believe it will suddenly become wonderful the third week.

AppealPlay

Quote from: norland2424 on October 25, 2015, 05:16:14 PM
I think its a mix of him being leo's friend and well us here talking shit to him, but yea the show is horrible.

Leo has friends? :o

bateman

It's the worst thing to be broadcast since Vester Flanagan's morning news appearance.

popple

Quote from: henge0stone on October 25, 2015, 05:40:40 PM
Seriously who the fuck needs two WEEKS of test shows? It's their way of making up for the shit quality, they can just say they were test shows. If you have shit shows for two weeks there's no reason for your audience to believe it will suddenly become wonderful the third week.

And they think it's ok to broadcast these "test shows" live to their affiliates?  Reeeeeeeeeeal profeshional  ::)

paladin1991

I think all the 'uh, uh, um, um, duh, uh, anda, anda' is the result of them giving themselves handjobs.  A good handjob?  Hard to keep your focus, I guess.

pate

That is a Kilo, not Whiskey?

Got kahnfused after the Canadians got online...

ediot: I have a weird type of dyslexia@
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Quote from: henge0stone on October 25, 2015, 05:40:40 PM

Yes, they're retroactive test shows. It didn't say that on the website until the end of their first nightmarish week.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: bateman on October 25, 2015, 09:13:06 PM
It's the worst thing to be broadcast since Vester Flanagan's morning news appearance.

well at least he went viral

henge0stone

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on October 26, 2015, 09:05:26 AM
Yes, they're retroactive test shows. It didn't say that on the website until the end of their first nightmarish week.

lol thats true. When they were shit they suddenly became test shows.

phrodo

Every "affiliate" I've seen listed are just LPFM stations. Low Power FM. Likely leftovers from when Lieo was servicing them with Art's alternate/commercial-free stream. One still has Art and RCH prominently listed on their web site with no mention of Lieo's show to be seen. Another - WZQR-LP - proudly states "we think you'll enjoy feeling superior when our poorly trained hosts get the facts wrong or express an opinion that's so terribly flawed that it both horrifies and greatly amuses you." They sound like a perfect outlet for Lieo.

GravitySucks

Quote from: henge0stone on October 26, 2015, 04:49:16 PM
lol thats true. When they were shit they suddenly became test shows.
The Soviets used to have a lot of explorer missions that became probes once they crashed into things like Venus.  Same concept.