• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Redacted on July 28, 2013, 04:36:55 PM
The first online Art only stream I ever found was in '04, and it was called "GeorgeNoorySucks". 

ah, yes... those were the days. glad you enjoyed my stream. i was a pioneer.

Disheartened

Quote from: onan on July 28, 2013, 04:44:48 PM
That makes my point for me. This forum is a small percentage of bell fans that also and probably more to the fact dislike noory.

Where is noory's small slice of fandom? There have been at least two attempts for a supportive forum for him and they both failed.

The people who call into his show? The people who like the alternative health and current event shows?

George has a whole new bunch of fans. Not us. Those are people who have heard of Art but only know him as a former fill in host who's now retired.

Keep in mind we are the hardcore.

Divine

Quote from: popple on July 28, 2013, 04:13:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they just went with "Coast" and dropped the rest.  That's what Jorch does all night anyways. He coasts.  ::)

Enjoy your "special George Time" Coast Insiders,  the rest of us are off to more thrilling things with Art.  8)

I agree.  Also there is more information on here than on coast insider and this is free!

onan

Quote from: Disheartened on July 28, 2013, 04:54:49 PM
The people who call into his show? The people who like the alternative health and current event shows?

George has a whole new bunch of fans. Not us. Those are people who have heard of Art but only know him as a former fill in host who's now retired.

Keep in mind we are the hardcore.

I forgot what your point was.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on July 28, 2013, 04:53:14 PM

It is an honor to finally thank you.  I loved that stream.
Good times.   8)

Disheartened

Quote from: onan on July 28, 2013, 05:00:38 PM
I forgot what your point was.

LOL I was pointing out that George has fans and Art's new show might not actually kill Coast, but fundamentally change it.

That was my original point.  :)

Anyway, enough about George. Its all about Art now.

Heather Wade

Looks like Art's twitter following is slowly, steadily growing.   ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Redacted on July 28, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
It is an honor to finally thank you.  I loved that stream.
Good times.   8)

that sure was a long time ago. i sometimes miss running an art bell stream.

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 28, 2013, 03:34:38 PM
And since when did FortRock ally himself with fucking Nooari man?

I've been wondering about this myself...  FortRock has clearly been utterly devoted to AB for as long as I've encountered his posts.  Maybe my snark-meter is busted or something....

Shockwave

Ok just one more...      ;D

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on July 28, 2013, 05:14:12 PM
that sure was a long time ago. i sometimes miss running an art bell stream.

Rock n roll never forgets.

Quote from: SR-71 on July 28, 2013, 04:40:56 PM
ok are you the new Intelligences officer now Major Neverender??

As much as i'd like the promotion to 0-4... no my Intelligence Officer interest goes no further than making comical musings about how The Scorpion Army sounds like an Al Qaeda insurgent group that would likely hold Iron Man in a cave... I'm a one trick pony when it comes to intelligence gathering  :P   

SR-71

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 28, 2013, 05:15:11 PM
I've been wondering about this myself...  FortRock has clearly been utterly devoted to AB for as long as I've encountered his posts.  Maybe my snark-meter is busted or something....
I think that Fort Rock is in hiding because Captain Noory send in a Klingon Special Forces platoon to find him. ;) But we know that Fort Rock will be back to brief us on the latest Intell.

SR-71

Quote from: The Neverender on July 28, 2013, 05:19:28 PM
As much as i'd like the promotion to 0-4... no my Intelligence Officer interest goes no further than making comical musings about how The Scorpion Army sounds like an Al Qaeda insurgent group that would likely hold Iron Man in a cave... I'm a one trick pony when it comes to intelligence gathering  :P
Ok Mr Neverender. Stay Strong because Art Bell will be back better then ever.

Isai76

I've been lurking on this thread for days and really enjoying all the very entertaining opinions. Here's mine.

I sincerely hope Art comes back as a podcast or a broadcast network a la Leo Laporte, mainly because that would be the easiest way to take calls. Aren't we all hoping Art takes calls again?  I don't see him coming back on a full time capacity for the same reason he stated on his facebook account, wife and young child. etc.

P.S
There are tons of George Noory fans because they listen and keep him employed. Your guess is as good as mine. Tons of people still watch Leno no matter how safe and milquetoast he is. I'm a Letterman guy. For some odd reason I equate this situation with the early 90's late night wars. Noory is Leno. Art is Carson. No idea where Letterman comes in this scenario but I digress.

ItsOver

Quote from: Redacted on July 28, 2013, 04:36:55 PM

...If I can bear to listen lately, the Nooron does get plenty of screened ass kissers to tell him how great he is.  If you listen closely, you can hear his head inflating...

Jorch's phony modesty is as grating as the rest of him.  Not too surprising, though, that a character such as Jorch loves having his behind smooched since he's no doubt mastered the skill himself to make-up for his lack of any decent skill.

Quote from: MV on July 28, 2013, 04:53:14 PM

That was you? Belated thanks! Yes, good times indeed.

Quotequote author=ItsOver link=topic=1215.msg126486#msg126486 date=1375054117]
Jorch's phony modesty is as grating as the rest of him.  Not too surprising, though, that a character such as Jorch loves having his behind smooched since he's no doubt mastered the skill himself to make-up for his lack of any decent skill.

That's how I think he got the job, and that's what keeps him in the job, as opposed to any passion for it beyond the idiotic "I just want the trooth". What he really wants are guests who do all the heavy lifting while he surfs the internet for opportunities to promote himself.

hosehead

Quote from: Isai76 on July 28, 2013, 05:26:51 PM
There are tons of George Noory fans because they listen and keep him employed. Your guess is as good as mine. Tons of people still watch Leno no matter how safe and milquetoast he is. I'm a Letterman guy. For some odd reason I equate this situation with the early 90's late night wars. Noory is Leno. Art is Carson. No idea where Letterman comes in this scenario but I digress.

That's harsh on Leno. I'm not a fan, but he is competent and by all accounts generally nice and charitable.

A better comparison would be to Maximilien Robespierre. May his career have a similar end.

Quote from: ItsOver on July 28, 2013, 05:28:37 PM

Yes, that pseudo-modesty schtick is very annoying.  They keep playing that bit that I suppose someone thinks reveals George's compassionate leadership qualities:  "Yes, I do think we have hope... It won't be easy... there will be bumps in the road... but as long as people see what you see and what I see, I think we will prevail.  And for as long as I can continue to say that, I shall."

Oh, the goosebump (singular)....

CampsieNP

Uh,,,not a single post on the GNS page since 2:57 am today.
While the Art Bell site has nearly 10 PAGES of posts in the same time frame.
It is really happening. The poser is inconsequential. Soon he will just be yesterdays bad headline.
Our long national nightmare may soon be over.
I am so happy.

Isai76

Quote from: hosehead on July 28, 2013, 06:04:01 PM
That's harsh on Leno. I'm not a fan, but he is competent and by all accounts generally nice and charitable.

A better comparison would be to Maximilien Robespierre. May his career have a similar end.

There used to be a very funny comedian in Leno.  I guess it's harsh if you like Leno.  I'm just as sure there used to be a competent radio host in Noory. They both turned into robots who phone in their show and are a shell of a human.

Quote from: CampsieNP on July 28, 2013, 06:10:22 PM
Uh,,,not a single post on the GNS page since 2:57 am today.
While the Art Bell site has nearly 10 PAGES of posts in the same time frame.
It is really happening. The poser is inconsequential. Soon he will just be yesterdays bad headline.
Our long national nightmare may soon be over.
I am so happy.

I noticed that too.
The tide has turned.

A
New hope

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 28, 2013, 06:08:16 PM
Yes, that pseudo-modesty schtick is very annoying.  They keep playing that bit that I suppose someone thinks reveals George's compassionate leadership qualities:  "Yes, I do think we have hope... It won't be easy... there will be bumps in the road... but as long as people see what you see and what I see, I think we will prevail.  And for as long as I can continue to say that, I shall."

Oh, the goosebump (singular)....

Oh, man, how I ever hate that commercial.  I could get a better philosophical observation from a hamster.  Every time Jorch opens his mouth, it just says "I am a doofus."  We'll see how Jorch continues to wax idiotically and "prevails" when he encounters the "bump in the road" called Art Bell. 

jazmunda

Hey MV - if Art announces a new show are you going to have a separate category for Art on the Forum or will the setup remain how it is? Not trying to tell you how to run your shit seeing as I don't pay the bills and all.

Elinor

I noticed on the C2C webpage under upcoming shows it has listed for this Thursday, August 1:

“For over 20 years, Coast to Coast AM has been host to some of the most brave, innovative and informed experts who have not always been acknowledged by mainstream media. Tonight, George Noory celebrates the lives of some favorite guests who have passed on, but whose legacies and ideas live on.”

I think Art can lay claim to introducing most of those people to us, not Noory.  I also can only imagine that George’s chortling and inappropriate remarks will turn what could be a sweet remembrance into a dismal cringefest.

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 28, 2013, 04:29:17 PM
Alas, poor Noorick...
A 'stache and maybe a George bowl cut on that skull and you'll have a true work of art...and a "work of Art" as well.

jazmunda

Just read through pages and pages of new stuff here. It used to be that I go to sleep and there may be one or two new messages. Today I had to read through 5 or 6 pages.

Anyway just wanted to respond to the guy who posited that Art's family would receive the remainder of his contract if he kicked the bucket mid stream. There is no way this would happen. That is what life insurance if for. I have dealt with employment contracts my entire professional life and I have never once encountered this kind of clause. Any employer would be crazy to accept that kind of clause (for celebrity or civilian).

Sardondi

Quote from: jazmunda on July 28, 2013, 06:35:45 PM
Just read through pages and pages of new stuff here. It used to be that I go to sleep and there may be one or two new messages. Today I had to read through 5 or 6 pages....
Yesterday it was 10 pages (if the setting is for 30 posts per page), a record likely to be broken tonight. I see that some new members could account for an entire page themselves as they have repeatedly posted about how wonderful it will be to dance every night with the elves and unicorns under the cotton candy sky next to the lemonade stream while the soothing voice of Art entrances all the beings of the magic world. I just wonder what's going to happen when it turns pout Art can't turn the clock back to 1994.

The only thing we know is, it will be different from what Art has done in the past. It has to be. It will not be a C2C repeat. I will be stunned if he's on the air 30 hours a week - even 20 would be a load. Folks just need to rein in a little, or they're going to be very, very disappointed. And that would be a shame. Because then will come the, "...yeah, but it's sure not like it used to be" stuff. All because expectations weren't managed and people let their enthusiasm run wild.

Jeeeeze.  Since last Thursday I've been running back and forth to the cardiac care unit.  I swear this thread was on page 319 or 320...

Too bushed to go back and catch up.  Maybe tomorrow... ::)

Hey, jaz, I want that magic world.

coaster

So is Art back yet?