• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
Thanks for stopping in!  As for paranormal....how bout getting to the bottom of my Malachai Martin CD's that were promised years back when I joined Coast Insider?  It's as if they went through a portal.  Never to be seen.

Did they really have that as a promotion?

SciFiAuthor

I nominate Richard Hoagland as Bateman's weekend co-host as a compromise between the 'murrican truck driver and the fat haitian woman. That would be so awesome, Hoagland as a co-host. Especially if you get him drunk on air.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on June 04, 2015, 03:24:30 PM
Did they really have that as a promotion?

This was something like 6 years back.  Never got 'em.

Heather Wade

Let's head into the Unknown and have fun on the way.  That's all I want.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 03:26:12 PM
This was something like 6 years back.  Never got 'em.

Typical...its like being entertained by Dave...a non event

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 04, 2015, 03:27:49 PM

I'm excited for you n all Art's fans!

serenity

Quote from: Gnoory on June 04, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
Just wanted to thank you all publicly for the many IM birthday wishes. I do appreciate it.
And to AB best to you on your new endeavor. Leave some room for me! LOL

GN
Sorry I'm late Happy Birthday George

Art Bell

Quote from: coaster on June 04, 2015, 03:15:12 PM
heh. What does Airyn think of you coming back to radio? Are they excited too?

I think both girls want me to have fun. Again mixed feelings because of the time involved. Asia says she will listen to my open theme every night because she loves it.

Art

drksd4848

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 02:59:08 PM
I want to keep things in perspective, what we are about to do is designed to be A Streaming Live show, I have mixed feelings about commercial stations joining. On the one hand it is flattering that they are even before the show starts, BUT I am not trying to build a Network, I already climbed that mountain and we ended up bought out and then changed in ways I will not gripe about here.

We have rules which are documented on the page for stations, if somebody wants to change those rules I will not play the game, greed kills creativity. Been down that road and will not do it again.

Art

I'm just dying to know how this is going to work.   Ad time barter?  Percentage of ad revenue the station makes goes to you?  How will the stations break?  Are they just going to let the show roll on?  Will they break at the top and bottom of the hour and just omit 20 minutes of the show.

For a terrestrial station, it's great for the listeners here, but it just doesn't make a whole lotta sense for the station, unless they're making money off of it... 

That said, it would be nice if a 50,000 watt behemoth on the east coast gets on board.  Hell, WABC dumped C2C the first time when Art left.  Then they dumped it again b/c Cumulus are a bunch of cheap asses.  Redeye radio currently sucks.  Hmmm.... 

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 03:31:03 PM
I think both girls want me to have fun. Again mixed feelings because of the time involved. Asia says she will listen to my open theme every night because she love it.

Art

Having the wife on board is the most important ingredient!

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 03:31:03 PM
I think both girls want me to have fun. Again mixed feelings because of the time involved. Asia says she will listen to my open theme every night because she love it.

Art
Cute! What's your open theme?

munbeam666

Quote from: FortRock on June 04, 2015, 03:03:57 PM
YOU HAVE JUST HEARD FROM THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL! THIS IS MAKING RADIO HISTORY! MY RECOMMENDATION IS KEEP
PRESSURE ON CURRENT COAST STATIONS! RUSH IS A DYING SHOW, WITH DYING POPULARITY! WE ARE PART OF THE PROGRESSIVE
VALUES ON RADIO MOVEMENT! CONTACT ALL STATIONS IN YOUR MARKET, OR WITHIN LISTENING RANGE OF YOUR HOMEBASE!
REMEMBER IF A STATION IS TRYING TO KEEP A POPULAR CONSERVATIVE VOICE ON THEIR STATION, AND ASKS ABOUT IT, ADVISE
THEM TO CONTACT "THE GLEN BECK SHOW" PEOPLE! REMIND THE STATIONS OF ART'S FRIENDSHIP WITH MORMONS IN THE PAHRUMP
VALLEY! DAVE TWINKLETOES AND RUSHING AROUND HIGH IS PART OF OLD HISTORY, ART BELL AND GLEN BECK IS THE PARTNERSHIP
OF THE FUTURE! FIRE IT UP PEOPLE, FIRE IT UP LIKE "THE BLAZE"!
Hey FtRock, how about contacting that Navajo station you keep talking about - ktnn? Would they like to carry Art's show?

PathoJen

Quote from: Gnoory on June 04, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
Just wanted to thank you all publicly for the many IM birthday wishes. I do appreciate it.
And to AB best to you on your new endeavor. Leave some room for me! LOL

GN
Happy belated birthday Mr. Noory.

MV/Liberace!

I want to keep things in perspective, what we are about to do is designed to be A Streaming Live show, I have mixed feelings about commercial stations joining. On the one hand it is flattering that they are even before the show starts, BUT I am not trying to build a Network, I already climbed that mountain and we ended up bought out and then changed in ways I will not gripe about here.

We have rules which are documented on the page for stations, if somebody wants to change those rules I will not play the game, greed kills creativity. Been down that road and will not do it again.

Art

the stations can adhere to your rules, and if not, they can get lost.  up to them.  you'll still be doing your intended thing either way which is what makes this all so awesome.

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 03:34:03 PM
Cute! What's your open theme?

Hmmmm, maybe mums the word on that.  Wouldn't want Dave playing the shit out of it just out of ..... coincidence?

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 12:18:44 PM
                        Satan's Mingle

Join now and find Satan's choice for you! Whips chains, anything goes
What you really want but can't ask for, turn up the HEAT now. Remember
Death is only the start of real fun, no Sun, but lots of very HOT chicks.
MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 03:13:06 PM
As for the sexism charge...  ::)

hey you used a rolling eyes smiley!  clever.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 03:39:09 PM
Hmmmm, maybe mums the word on that.  Wouldn't want Dave playing the shit out of it just out of ..... coincidence?

WURD! Loose lips sink ships!

PathoJen

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 03:39:09 PM
Good point Paladin. Care to take a guess at it anyone? Might be a fun little game, minus the whips and chains art mentioned.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 04, 2015, 03:27:49 PM

oh, stop trying to go all jimmy carter here.

drksd4848

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 03:38:15 PM
the stations can adhere to your rules, and if not, they can get lost.  up to them.  you'll still be doing your intended thing either way which is what makes this all so awesome.

From a station standpoint, I just don't see how it makes sense.  They'd make more money by running paid programming. 

Don't get me wrong, I think its AWESOME that stations will be carrying the show.

serenity

Art

Well boss, let us know when enough is enough. If you think we re trying to add too many stations, all it takes is a word from you. After all this is your venture. Even though you are allowing us to add to the mix, we want you to be comfortable with the product.

popple

THE LAST FEW DAYS OF THE ART BELL THREAD:

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 03:39:55 PM
hey you used a rolling eyes smiley!  clever.

Sorry, do you wanna Skype it out? I notice you didn't respond to a single point.

novat0

Quote from: drksd4848 on June 04, 2015, 03:41:34 PM
From a station standpoint, I just don't see how it makes sense.  They'd make more money by running paid programming. 

That assumes that the station is able to sell that paid programming inventory.  Lots of smaller regionals wouldn't be able to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: drksd4848 on June 04, 2015, 03:41:34 PM
They'd make more money by running paid programming. 

i don't know what that's based on, though.  i used to work at a station that occasionally ran paid programming, and they made squat from it.  there will be room for local stations to generate ad revenue with art.  they just won't have the giant gaping advertising holes they currently have with programs like c2c.  fine, i say.  perhaps this will revolutionize how the hourly broadcast clock is structured in 2015 talk radio?  who knows.

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 03:40:48 PM
Good point Paladin. Care to take a guess at it anyone? Might be a fun little game, minus the whips and chains art mentioned.

I'll play.
Eve of Destruction  Barry MacGuire.  First night only.  Never to be played again.  It's in honor of the destruction of the 'competition.'

drksd4848

Quote from: novat0 on June 04, 2015, 03:46:54 PM
That assumes that the station is able to sell that paid programming inventory.  Lots of smaller regionals wouldn't be able to.

Essentially eliminating the NY market b/c all these AM's here (NYC) keep the lights on with paid programming. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 03:46:04 PM
Sorry, do you wanna Skype it out? I notice you didn't respond to a single point.

what specifically was i supposed to respond to?  will my responses convince you of something?

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 02:56:29 PM
That's exactly what I thought you were sidestepping, which is funny because a solid month before this I said I didn't like the co-hosting idea when someone else brought it up. To be clear, I have no desire to co-host with Art because as a listener myself, I want to hear Art on his own. My name has been thrown into the ring only about 300 times by other posters as a weekend host, which I'd happily do, but have never once brought up on my own.

MV and Bateman, say it ain't so!  You two can't get into a disagreement; A petty bickering!  You are the very pillars of Bellgab.  The Corinthian columns.  You are our rock; our centre; our conscience; our guiding light.  You are the ethical reference; the mass of reason weighting one side of the fulcrum during times of alien incursion and mental morass.  You are the King Arthur and Sir Lancelot of we, the knights of Bellgab during our nights around the Bell table.

Know wut I mean, Vern?