• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150825 - Peter Robbins - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 25, 2015, 09:45:41 PM

anunnaki

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 04:04:50 AM
Yes it is simply too small a community to be this divided, it already suffers from ridicule without stabbing itself in the back, this has been a serious problem for Years and it is getting worse, much less civility. Yes I could have given him the boot but I kept hoping he would get the idea that I was not going for the attack stuff and start talking about the event itself as he indicated in the pre show material, hell we posted a ton of pictures at his request and I could only get him to mention one. He had other things on his mind.

Art

In this interview, Robbins became "A Large Void surrounded by a Sphincter"

nika01

A wretched show. Made me feel bad. Art, you should have switched to open lines after the third time he brought up the alleged dispute.

shell88

Unpredictability is part of the game- great radio.  It is what it is. imho

BellBoy

Quote from: shell88 on August 26, 2015, 01:33:04 PM
Unpredictability is part of the game- great radio.  It is what it is. imho

Nail on the head! With Art in the driver's seat, it's always a great ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blrHHRWKygw

Faustina

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 26, 2015, 03:39:13 AM
The WormHole flung far more mud around the room than the guest ever did. Just sayin.

The part of last night's show where Art read the wormhole messages, all critical of the guest, was the best part of the show.  I chortled, and felt validated in my head-spinningness.  Might be a good tactic to take in future shows where the guest is simply going around in circles and/or not saying anything substantive.  Less jarring than Art himself criticizing the guest on the air:  let the faceless listeners do it.

Disheartened

I know some of you here feel Art should of dumped the guest, but if he did would others now be accusing him of pulling a "Noory." Art did the best he could with what he had. I doubt this guy will be on MITD again. Move on, there will be better shows.

henge0stone

Really disappointing that the guest had nothing of substance to say about such a fascinating topic. I like how honest with the guest Art was.

Dr Who

And now for some good news theres always tomorrow.

Faustina

Quote from: Hells Mole on August 26, 2015, 05:38:27 AM
I reviewed the photos on MITD in preparation for the listen and was rather disappointed that he kept going on about personal issues which I know absolutely nothing about and don't seem poignant to discussing the incident and new evidence.  A three-person round table bash-fest would be amusing I guess if Art wanted to do a Jerry Springer of UFOlogists type of show.  The problems he was bringing up just seemed so personal that they weren't relatable to me
as the dope listener trying to think about a supposedly fascinating incident.

On the plus side, hearing Art get stern with a guest is always fun.

I thought Art was amazingly polite to that guest, considering the way Peter was wasting Art and his listeners' time.  When Art brought out all the wormhole messages, of how his listeners felt about Peter, I nearly stood up and applauded.  It was the perfect thing to do to get the guest to understand how he was wasting everyone's time.

norland2424

Quote from: ziznak on August 26, 2015, 03:16:04 PM
tonight!

i wonder if we will even have a live show tonight, this was posted by art on his facebook page.

Art Bell
6 hrs · Edited ·

A very close friend of mine KD7BCW Ben Gardner Died a few moments ago. He is the Man who was Married to Airyn's best friend Micai and who I took to the Philippines. I will miss him so much. He leaves his Wife and Daughter. The cause was Liver Cancer. I truly will miss you buddy.
We were introduced by Carl
KB5FJX yet another Ham who is Married to my Wife's Sister Sharon. Carl and Ben were also friends. I have not slept all night and I am a mess, what a loss of a great Man Husband and Dad.

Faustina

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 26, 2015, 08:23:31 AM
As I pointed out previously, Robbins has been hammering Nick Pope and Col Halt for over a year now on a number of shows.  What we heard last night was nothing new, and was why I was able to post even before the interview began in earnest Robbins was going to trash Pope.  I made a similar statement coming out of the break at the top of the hour (2am Eastern) relative to Halt, it was to be the same old, same old for Robbins.

I had pretty much quit listening to shows featuring Robbins, he no longer wanted to talk about Rendlesham but rather to talk about others who talked about Rendlesham.  He reminded me of a politician in a debate, no matter what question he was asked, he steered his answer to the agenda he wanted to further.  I get standing up for one's self, but he's become obsessive to the point of the manic episode we heard last night.  It's quite sad really.

I agree:  he reminded me of a politician the way he kept giving non-answers to Art's questions and then steering the conversation back to his own personal agenda.  I feel sorry for Peter:  he obviously feels he's been wronged in the UFO community and has a huge chip on his shoulder as a result of that.

Faustina

Sorry to hear of your loss, Art.  Take the night off and put on a re-run if you feel you need to in order to grieve.  Totally understandable.

Or stick Bateman on as fill-in host.

Faustina

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 26, 2015, 11:08:00 AM
I actually came close to making that analogy in my previous post.  Friedman spends the better part of any interview he does these days attacking others, be they skeptics, experiencers, or even ufologists who have a different take than his own on Roswell.  Ironically, I agree with Friedman on some of those people he rails against (Lazar and Corso come readily to mind), but he's so negative in his comments across the board I find it difficult to even listen to him.  As I've said before, Friedman has, to my mind, become the cheesy lounge act of ufology.

I think Ufologists have gotten so frustrated at having so few substantive cases to go over, which ends up in them getting obsessive, and competitive with each other, over minutiae.  Then they have skeptics and even other colleagues constantly questioning their findings and analysis of such.  That field is a breeding ground for frustration leading to neurosis, if one doesn't have a healthy 2nd/3rd/4th outlet. 

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: norland2424 on August 26, 2015, 03:25:09 PM

i wonder if we will even have a live show tonight, this was posted by art on his facebook page.

Art Bell
6 hrs · Edited ·

A very close friend of mine KD7BCW Ben Gardner Died a few moments ago. He is the Man who was Married to Airyn's best friend Micai and who I took to the Philippines. I will miss him so much. He leaves his Wife and Daughter. The cause was Liver Cancer. I truly will miss you buddy.
KB5FJX yet another Ham who is Married to my Wife's Sister Sharon. Carl and Ben were also friends. I have not slept all night and I am a mess, what a loss of a great Man Husband and Dad.
daom soooo sorry art😔but az we kno passin in this life iz just the beginning of another😀 hang in ther buddy

Skunk Ape

I loved the show.

When there are so many messages and callers saying the same thing about how the guest was behaving like a jilted lover you've got to let them know about it.

I imagine a toss of the headset accompanied Art's sudden sign off last night.

Made for great radio!

chefist

Quote from: Skunk Ape on August 26, 2015, 03:53:57 PM

I imagine a toss of the headset accompanied Art's sudden sign off last night.

hahaha I can see that!  :D

Sean92008

Peter Robbins has left quite the impression on me...  15 hours later. 

Whatever credibility he could have gained with an insightful show has forever been lost.  There's no unringing that (Art) Bell.

Hope (yes, I truly do) that he loses all stature in the community he claims to be a part of AND loses his outlets to promote himself.

Why you may ask?

This guy is a classic psychopath with a megalomania chaser.

He was told often and he'd say "I should have taken another topic" or whatever and then GO RIGHT BACK TO HIS WHINING.

Nothing will fix that.  The best thing to do, when you have a bad apple, is to throw it far away from the rest of the bushel.

munbeam666

Quote from: norland2424 on August 26, 2015, 03:25:09 PM

Art Bell
6 hrs · Edited ·

Take the night off if you need to, Art

Bradsmith313

I think Art did a fine job. Robbins could have been a great guest but he opted for being melodramatic.

We were all frustrated. Art was frustrated. Rightly so. The paranormal field, as with any other discipline, is rife with petty drama and personality conflicts. Having a debate is good but Robbins alone and his behavior -- no, please.

Robbins needed to be taken to task. Hell, I think a bunch of them, from Ed Dames to even RCH, need the same dressing down.

nika01

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 26, 2015, 04:52:22 PM
I think Art did a fine job. Robbins could have been a great guest but he opted for being melodramatic.

We were all frustrated. Art was frustrated. Rightly so. The paranormal field, as with any other discipline, is rife with petty drama and personality conflicts. Having a debate is good but Robbins alone and his behavior -- no, please.

Robbins needed to be taken to task. Hell, I think a bunch of them, from Ed Dames to even RCH, need the same dressing down.
Hell yes. Too many clowns make too many ridiculous claims

Sean92008

I've gone to Youtube and posted my feelings about this DQ.  I suggested that anyone wanting to interview him listen to the 2nd & 3rd hours of last night's show prior to booking him.

I want my two hours back!   ::)

Sean92008

Quote from: nika01 on August 26, 2015, 05:00:13 PM
Hell yes. Too many clowns make too many ridiculous claims

Sad thing is *it wasn't about UFOs at all* The jilted lover stuff that's been said before is more like it. 

Bradsmith313

I left the paranormal field because I was disgusted with the lack of solid investigation techniques, good evidence (hell evidence at all) and megalomaniac para-celebrities and their agendas. Long story short, it took a bunch of paranormal investigators following methods used by Harry Price to get me back in.

Peter Robbins. He's done some good stuff but damn -- it's his attitude and actions that hurt the field.

Rendlesham/Bentwaters is an important case. People need to realize that.

But, it's drama like this that obscures the matter . . . .

anunnaki

If you look up "Panties In A Bunch" I'll bet the first entry is Peter Robbins

What a Gelding !!

albrecht

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 26, 2015, 05:31:06 PM
I left the paranormal field because I was disgusted with the lack of solid investigation techniques, good evidence (hell evidence at all) and megalomaniac para-celebrities and their agendas. Long story short, it took a bunch of paranormal investigators following methods used by Harry Price to get me back in.

Peter Robbins. He's done some good stuff but damn -- it's his attitude and actions that hurt the field.

Rendlesham/Bentwaters is an important case. People need to realize that.

But, it's drama like this that obscures the matter . . . .
I misread, at first, your comments and thought to myself: "how old is this guy? For the methods of Harry Price to get him BACK into the subject?!?" haha.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: albrecht on August 26, 2015, 06:13:16 PM
I misread, at first, your comments and thought to myself: "how old is this guy? For the methods of Harry Price to get him BACK into the subject?!?" haha.
LOL. Yeah well . . . .
Harry Price is my idol. His views and techniques were somewhat controversial and he butted heads with "true believers" such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. How he took down William Hope -- it was beautiful.

The paranormal field, no matter what aspect of it, would be better served if we had more Harry Prices out there . . . .

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nika01 on August 26, 2015, 01:28:38 PM
A wretched show. Made me feel bad. Art, you should have switched to open lines after the third time he brought up the alleged dispute.

Nobody died. There's always tomorrow night. Not every show can be a classic moment.

Thank god you're back, Art.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: MV on August 26, 2015, 06:31:03 PM
Nobody died. There's always tomorrow night. Not every show can be a classic moment.

Thank god you're back, Art.
Actually, it was good radio. When Art initiated the Aztec human sacrifice, all was good . . . .

the_peeve

Robbins seemed like a very damaged man last night. Glad Art and him smoothed it out today. Hopefully Robbins will see the error in his ways, and learn mud slinging is never the best way to get people on your side. I truly believe the guy has the goods to deliver, but was consumed by butthurt.  It happens.