• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130925 - Matthew Alper - God Part of the Brain

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 25, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

Earth Pod

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 25, 2013, 11:05:52 PM
Haha Art has stuck to his guns on not letting people quote from the bible.
It always....sortta... surprises me that bible thumpers listen to coast.   Seems it --in their book--should be some type of a sin LOL

Quote from: wotr1 on September 25, 2013, 11:03:12 PM
I think shortly after hearing his "evidence" that we were done evolving I dozed off (I believe his logic caused a short and I needed to be reset.)  After that I woke up to him talking about praying to big bird and I realized just why I did not care for the guest... He reminds me of an extremely dumbed down Hitchens.  I always found Hitchens to be condescending, but at least he had the IQ to make good arguments.  Alper just cannot pull it off.

Listening to Alper talk about his beliefs would be just about as exciting as hearing any other idiot explain their personal belief (or non-belief) system for hours on end; and I do not care if it is an atheist, Pentacostal or Buddhist.  The only saving grace for the night is Bell who makes the show fly.  All praise be to the Bell.

Alper was a prick back when. He is probably a prick now. I'm sorry but I have no interest in hearing him. For those of you who do, i hope you enjoyed the show. I know Art wont have this ass clown on anymore than twice a year, and i realize there are there are some guest I will really like and others will not.
I really enjoyed last night's show, I also enjoyed Monday night.

coaster

Yeah, the phone breathing is getting really annoying. I think hes smoking and exhaling into the phone.

aldousburbank

Quote from: coaster on September 25, 2013, 11:13:03 PM
Yeah, the phone breathing is getting really annoying. I think hes smoking and exhaling into the phone.
I think he's got a big bird puppet on his lap.

Chine

Quote from: coaster on September 25, 2013, 11:13:03 PM

Wondered if he was a smoker too.

jazmunda

This guy is a condescending prick which hurts his argument at times.

Earth Pod

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 25, 2013, 11:03:35 PM
This has been a really good show, better than it bought it would be. Probably the best this week so far. I'm guessing Whitley is going to be a good balance after how serious tonight has been haha
I'm ready for a bowl of crazie O'S with Whitley.
Crazy O's.  Oh that's funny.    W/almond milk...... LOL

Ward

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 25, 2013, 11:13:46 PM
I think he's got a big bird puppet on his lap.

DUDE! i no joking, honestly just spit my soda out.... that was...a classic

coaster

I used to have out of body experiences regularly as a child, and they most certainly felt real at the time. I hate how he talks down about people who have experienced that.

Falkie2013

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 25, 2013, 09:37:56 PM
Is it common for people who had bad LSD trips to end up in mental hospitals?

Don't know about now but back in the 60s I knew someone who was a pathologist who'd gone completely nuts using it; a girl who jumped into a bathtub of hot water, burned herself, didn't even feel it and jumped out a window and became partly paralyzed and one girl who took it and thought she was a carrot.
That was always my favorite.

Going back to boobs, and being a breast man of long standing, women who are nursing brings it up a notch ( to those who don't find that disgusting ). There are a lot of guys who find that a turn on. I just like the containers the milk comes in. So many different sizes and shapes too.
;)
Now if someone can produce one that puts out chocolate milk ...

;) ;) ;)

aldousburbank

He's one of those dude's you're always sorry that you got stoned.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 25, 2013, 11:12:16 PM
Alper was a prick back when. He is probably a prick now. I'm sorry but I have no interest in hearing him. For those of you who do, i hope you enjoyed the show. I know Art wont have this ass clown on anymore than twice a year, and i realize there are there are some guest I will really like and others will not.
I really enjoyed last night's show, I also enjoyed Monday night.

I am gonna go there.  You have made your point.  It is getting boring now.  Sorry.

Chine

Quote from: coaster on September 25, 2013, 11:16:27 PM
I used to have out of body experiences regularly as a child, and they most certainly felt real at the time. I hate how hehe talks down about people who have experienced that.

Did it stop? You can control it as those who astral.

Ward

Quote from: coaster on September 25, 2013, 11:16:27 PM
I used to have out of body experiences regularly as a child, and they most certainly felt real at the time. I hate how he talks down about people who have experienced that.

coaster Alper is a true believer, no amount of evidence or personal stories will change his mind. He finds evidence to support his assumed conclusions. His IS the definition of a fanatic.

midnight

This subject matter is so boring.  The kid with the cell phone was more interesting.  However..................it's Art, and there's this message board...........and I'm not bored at all!

Quote from: Earth Pod on September 25, 2013, 11:12:03 PM
It always....sortta... surprises me that bible thumpers listen to coast.   Seems it --in their book--should be some type of a sin LOL

A lot of Christians actually believe in evolution, the earth is billions years old, etc.
Why wouldn't we want to listen to Art Bell? Art has never really done anything to offend Christians.
Not that it effects me but he even runs a pretty clean show, no cursing, no vulgar topics, etc.
There is nothing in bible against listening to someone talk about Aliens, ghost, men in black, government cover ups, etc.

shell88

There's no magic in this guy's life. What a bore he would be to have to live with.

PrairieGhost

I totally disagreed with Alper but this show has been fun listening to Art and the callers challenge him.

Quote from: shell88 on September 25, 2013, 11:21:11 PM
There's no magic in this guy's life. What a bore he would be to have to live with.

Which is why Alper burns up Plenty Of Fish.

aldousburbank

Ward, you should call this dude and ask him the perrenial hippie question- When god drops acid, does he see people?

Falkie2013

Quote from: popple on September 25, 2013, 10:33:21 PM
They're gonna need a bigger server!  8)

Sirius needs to buy his old material and start up a AB channel already. It's been 2 weeks!  lol :'(

I also bet Sirius loves all the callers who phone in and say they've been thinking of getting a sirius radio for years but when they heard Art was coming back it finalized the decision for them.
Today Nevada, tomorrow the world ! Or maybe the Day After Tomorrow.
The unrelenting tsunami that is the Art Bell Fan Network marches on. There is NO escaping it ! No where to run or hide ! Not even in a cave !

coaster

Quote from: Chine on September 25, 2013, 11:19:30 PM
Did it stop? You can control it as those who astral.
They slowed down as I got older and eventually stopped altogether in my teens. I then wanted to start having them again, so I started reading books by people like Robert Monroe, and after a lot of trial and error was able to have an obe. I can slip into the "vibrational state" and have them quiet easily now. What it is I still don't know, but it is not a dream, considering the mind is still awake. The body however is asleep.