• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

aldousburbank

Art, part of what I'm really enjoying is the overall of the show's raw, organic growth. It's like an experiment man, we kind of know where the ride is taking us but we don't. Stuff happens, it's not a corporate product, more like homemade bread. Loving it!

Mebee

Here's an idea... Why don't they have a running vote on Art's most popular shows and replay those on Sat and Sunday nights?

Zenman

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on August 22, 2015, 05:29:32 AM
I noticed on Twitter tonight, some people seem to take issue with bellgab and its users calling Art so frequently.

Reported

Quote from: Art Bell on August 22, 2015, 08:05:02 PM
...  they can stick where the Sun don't shine...

Art

Oregon?

Zenman

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2015, 10:12:20 PM
Oregon?

LOL

Hey, I don't hear any caller shout-outs to the Twitterers.   :o

morgana213

Art,

Watching you work on Periscope was so much fun. I am so happy you are doing this on your own.  Freedom is a wonderful thing and nurtures creativity.  Your spontaneity is so much fun to listen to. Open lines were great last night, so many interesting callers and your responses were priceless.  MItD reminds me of your shows in the 90's and there isn't any other place I'd rather be at midnight (ET) than listening to you.

Thanks again for this wonderful ride! 

I do indeed think the show is going well, I am starting to get more at ease with everything I have to do and it is a lot. When you run your own board it's truly a different ball game but it's the only way to be in charge of the flow of the show which is very important to me.

As always, I want to thank the members on here who have given so much support and real help, if anybody wants to complain that Bell Gab people are too vocal on the show they can stick where the Sun don't shine. The people on here are my friends. There are other Fan group sites but I owe the people here a lot.

Art

And how.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 22, 2015, 09:52:27 PM
Art, part of what I'm really enjoying is the overall of the show's raw, organic growth. It's like an experiment man, we kind of know where the ride is taking us but we don't. Stuff happens, it's not a corporate product, more like homemade bread. Loving it!

I like this too. It feels very real and exciting, even weeks in. I would term it "cutting edge broadcasting". I'm glued, even if I'm not into a particular guest. I was like that in 1995. But the show itself I think is actually better than it was back then. Art's at the top of his game. 

Jahshines

Happy to be a time-traveler, I am very happy about the new show. Art, I hope you know how much love we have for you. I've listened to all of the new shows so far and I feel like an old friend has returned from a long journey. I am happy that you sound so happy, happy you continue to be curious, your enthusiasm is coming through loud and clear. Thank you for all the memories and thank you(?! ) for freaking me out consistently over the years.

albrecht

Time Travel is real. I hear Art and I'm thinking I'm back decades ago. So good. But also in the future with the new technology and subjects. But when I put him on SW it is like I'm decades younger when I first heard the greatness. I'm totally impressed. Audio quality is excellent. Repartee, callers, guests, and it gets better and better each night.
ps: it might be trite but everyone pray, think, donate, mind-consciousness, help, or whatever about all the wildfires and those fighting them up in the great NW, such beautiful country.

DesertFox

I do indeed think the show is going well, I am starting to get more at ease with everything I have to do and it is a lot. When you run your own board it's truly a different ball game but it's the only way to be in charge of the flow of the show which is very important to me.

As always, I want to thank the members on here who have given so much support and real help, if anybody wants to complain that Bell Gab people are too vocal on the show they can stick where the Sun don't shine. The people on here are my friends. There are other Fan group sites but I owe the people here a lot.

Art

Art--love that you control the flow of the show...you can tell!   That's the Art magic--nothing cookie cutter about it.

I'm bracing for Art to prank us early next month.

flimflam384

Art

Bravo, Art!  And I think that because you run your own board and put all the work in it you do, that "ALL IN" attitude is what is making MITD shine the way it does.  It really is as good as it was back in the 90's when I'd tune you in on 1190 in Portland.  But kinda better, because the sound quality is superb.  Medium Wave AM isn't as nice to your bumper music as the AAC stream...

Hey Art,

Have you thought about a weekend show or a weekend host? I don't know what I'm supposed to do with myself from 9 PM - 2 AM on Saturdays and Sundays. I could drink and have reckless sex I guess but I'd much rather have fine audio programming to enjoy.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 23, 2015, 03:13:33 PM
Hey Art,

Have you thought about a weekend show or a weekend host? I don't know what I'm supposed to do with myself from 9 PM - 2 AM on Saturdays and Sundays. I could drink and have reckless sex I guess but I'd much rather have fine audio programming to enjoy.

Last week I nominated Steve Warner! He and many others thought it was a good fit!  8)

Quote from: chefist on August 23, 2015, 03:15:05 PM
Last week I nominated Steve Warner! He and many others thought it was a good fit!  8)

+1

Quote from: chefist on August 23, 2015, 03:15:05 PM

Totally, Bateman or Bryan Alvarez would be my two picks.

CornyCrow

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 22, 2015, 09:52:27 PM
Yeah, and the more settled into it Art is, the better he gets, with the comments and the voice inflections.  This is talent that is pure Art, that no one can ever match.  I'm so glad that he came back.  I hope he's deriving as much pleasure from this as are we. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Mebee on August 22, 2015, 10:01:48 PM
Here's an idea... Why don't they have a running vote on Art's most popular shows and replay those on Sat and Sunday nights?
Because Time Travelers sort of create their own reruns and they have their pick. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on August 23, 2015, 12:18:31 AM
Time Travel is real. I hear Art and I'm thinking I'm back decades ago. So good. But also in the future with the new technology and subjects. But when I put him on SW it is like I'm decades younger when I first heard the greatness. I'm totally impressed. Audio quality is excellent. Repartee, callers, guests, and it gets better and better each night.
ps: it might be trite but everyone pray, think, donate, mind-consciousness, help, or whatever about all the wildfires and those fighting them up in the great NW, such beautiful country.
Yes.  An exceptionally hot and dry summer have caused a huge number of fires. 

There are 21 fires burning in Washington and Oregon alone, NBC News reports, with an additional 100 just over the Canadian border.

There have been about 400 wildfires reported this July compared with 275 for the same month last year.

Is this our planet, screaming for help?  I pity the poor animals.  It must be a horrible way to go.  It's not trite.  Even if you don't believe in a God, it doesn't mean prayer - group think - will not be of some value.

Quote from: albrecht on August 23, 2015, 12:18:31 AM

And thanks to Jaz's Australian countrymen who have come to British Columbia and made a large contribution in fighting our fires during their winter.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 23, 2015, 03:13:33 PM
I could drink and have reckless sex I guess but I'd much rather have fine audio programming to enjoy.

You can still do that while listening. I do.

N0sferatu

I may be totally off base but could Art be making a return to terrestrial radio soon? Earlier he tweeted out that he'd love to compete in the 12am - 3am ratings time slot on the East Coast. Now he just announced his new email address is artbell@knye.com :)

phrodo

Quote from: N0sferatu on August 23, 2015, 05:44:25 PM
I may be totally off base but could Art be making a return to terrestrial radio soon? Earlier he tweeted out that he'd love to compete in the 12am - 3am ratings time slot on the East Coast. Now he just announced his new email address is artbell@knye.com :)

KNYE ?? Why in the wide world of sports has nobody thought of him being on that station before???

wr250

SIT is currently on. http://www.newstalk890.com/
talk about promoting the competition

1964kid

This is real easy to solve!  His "The Answer" hint must point to getting carriage on WNYM-AM-970, licensed to serve metropolitan New York City. WNYM calls itself "970 The Answer." Congrats Art!

popple

I listened to the last open lines show again and it was even better the 2nd time around  ;D

Faustina

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on August 22, 2015, 05:29:32 AM
I noticed on Twitter tonight, some people seem to take issue with bellgab and its users calling Art so frequently.

Pure jealousy.