• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Robert

The Ancient Aliens hypothesis is a kind of propaganda for the belief that human beings are doofuses.  H. sapiens couldn't've accomplished or innovated anything of significance that the average person who hasn't had time to study or practice the art doesn't immediately understand.

It comes up again regarding discussions of more recent hidden or lapsed technology.  For example, there's some (albeit not too convincing) evidence of successful work in the recent past on anti-gravity tech & so forth.  On places like the History channel or George Noory when such evidence is brought forth it's invariably hypothesized that the Germans or whoever must've gotten the know-how from spacemen or interdimensional visitors, because of course human scientists & engrs. couldn't come up with any ideas on their own.

Meister_000

Quote from: Robert on December 16, 2015, 02:55:33 AM
The Ancient Aliens hypothesis is a kind of propaganda for the belief   proof  that human beings are doofuses. 

I like the way you think Bob!  :)

I enjoy listening to Darkness Radio, but at times I get tired of hearing Schrader trying to sell his Noory type promotions. Schrader is always to trying to sell some tickets to a ghost hunt, conference he is doing, or pimping Joshua P. Warren's silly items, etc . I understand he has to make money as he has a ton of kids, but it really detracts from the show. Noory must be rubbing off on him. Another thing I dislike is some of the people he associates with professionally.

Joshua P Warren has been on the show numerous times, and even when he isn't on the show as part of a promotion Schrader pimps this:

You can buy the standard model for $200, and it will make your dreams come true

Ryan Buell: Buell sold ticked to a lecture tour, but never actually booked any of the venues. Essentially he sold tickets to an event he knew wasn't going to occur. Schrader worked with this guy on Paranormal State.  http://www.examiner.com/article/abc-news-reporter-interviews-chip-coffey-regarding-alleged-scams-by-ryan-buell

MikeJ

I agree that Schrader has become a real shill.  I give Buehl a pass since he was fighting pancreatic cancer, but Joshua P. Warren is a real snake oil salesman.  I can't believe people are dumb enough to spend $200 on a wishing machine.

Quote from: MikeJ on January 06, 2016, 08:13:03 PM
I agree that Schrader has become a real shill.  I give Buehl a pass since he was fighting pancreatic cancer, but Joshua P. Warren is a real snake oil salesman.  I can't believe people are dumb enough to spend $200 on a wishing machine.

I have cancer. I don't try to cheat people out of their money. It is no excuse.

SnoorysStache

Did you hear that one parashare call on Monday? Damn Cree.Pee.
Caller said he was out hunting with his dog on his property 6 am. He saw a disheveled blond girl in a blue nightgown. He said he looked really dehydrated/sickly and was sniffing the air. The dog whimpered and the "girl" turned around and locked eyes with the guy and he said she had black eyes and so he shot at her (!) he ran toward where she fell and...nothing except barefoot prints in a circle. Great call.  Second hour about 11 minutes in.

Quote from: SnoorysStache on January 08, 2016, 07:17:01 AM
Did you hear that one parashare call on Monday? Damn Cree.Pee.
Caller said he was out hunting with his dog on his property 6 am. He saw a disheveled blond girl in a blue nightgown. He said he looked really dehydrated/sickly and was sniffing the air. The dog whimpered and the "girl" turned around and locked eyes with the guy and he said she had black eyes and so he shot at her (!) he ran toward where she fell and...nothing except barefoot prints in a circle. Great call.  Second hour about 11 minutes in.

here is a Link to the clip: http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/onair/darkness-radio-24463/black-eyed-kid-encounter-told-onair-14242281/

Schrader is hosting this weekend on C2C to Fri and Sat night.

Alien Hybrids
Friday - January 15, 2016
Hosted by Dave Schrader
Guest(s): Barbara Lamb

Filling in for George, Dave Schrader (email) will be joined by Barbara Lamb, a psychotherapist specializing in regression therapy with people who claim encounters with extraterrestrial beings. She'll discuss cases of individuals who believe they are part-human and part-alien.

Saturday Night will be on Making a Murderer

Nebraska888

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 13, 2016, 02:02:48 AM
here is a Link to the clip: http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/onair/darkness-radio-24463/black-eyed-kid-encounter-told-onair-14242281/

Alien Hybrids
Hosted by Dave Schrader

Filling in for George, Dave Schrader (email) will be joined by Barbara Lamb, a psychotherapist specializing in regression therapy with people who claim encounters with extraterrestrial beings. She'll discuss cases of individuals who believe they are part-human and part-alien.

I will be listening!

EarthAlien007

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 13, 2016, 02:02:48 AM

Alien Hybrids
Hosted by Dave Schrader

I don't care for Schrader, but I'd like to hear Barbara Lamb. Hopefully Schrader can keep his Noory ass kissing down a little.

EarthAlien007

Funny how Dave Schrader is on the air right now on C2C but he's been trolling BellGab for over an hour.

Nebraska888

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on January 16, 2016, 01:18:21 AM
Funny how Dave Schrader is on the air right now on C2C but he's been trolling BellGab for over an hour.

I like Dave......he's a good host.  I welcome him on Coast! 

CornyCrow

I think Schrader did a pretty good job last night.  Several times he brought up a good question to his guests which the guests circumvented in their answers and Schrader did not persue in a follow up.  I guess it's not polite to drill the guests.

It's funny that Noory seems to give topics that require research to his weekend hosts.  This case necessitated watching the Netflix 10 episode presentation, which it appears that Schrader did.  I did not have the patience to go through the entire thing because it was dragged out too slowly. 

I'm still not convinced that Avery did not do the murder, but I'm wondering if there were any other suspects in the area AND I was really shocked at how the police coerced the poor nephew with the IQ of 73.   

Quote from: Segundus on January 17, 2016, 01:10:47 PM
I think Schrader did a pretty good job last night.  Several times he brought up a good question to his guests which the guests circumvented in their answers and Schrader did not persue in a follow up.  I guess it's not polite to drill the guests.

It's funny that Noory seems to give topics that require research to his weekend hosts.  This case necessitated watching the Netflix 10 episode presentation, which it appears that Schrader did.  I did not have the patience to go through the entire thing because it was dragged out too slowly. 

I'm still not convinced that Avery did not do the murder, but I'm wondering if there were any other suspects in the area AND I was really shocked at how the police coerced the poor nephew with the IQ of 73.
===========================================
'Allo!
With you am i yet.
Was verra interested in Det.Cameron's claim that "E_W_E"='Zodiac Killer'.
Not funni.
Semi-plausible.
Haven't read his book,nor scene the vids,howevva:
1)looked at an number of true-krime & Z sites all back to way before Det.Cameron started floating his ms.to various publishers.
Some old-Zodiac-killer-hands have pointed out an few flaws in the alleged time-line of "Mr.'E_W_E'"as acertained by law enforcement and available to Det.Cameron.
I'm not linking here.
"B_B"
PS:Note:"E_W_E"=Ewe=Lam(b)
PPS:Det Cameron has presented his suspect as an cross between Moriarty and Aleister Croweley,methinks.
PPPS:Sorry,no logo:
[7VF]

CornyCrow

I was considering purchasing Cameron's book on Edward Wayne Edwards, but there were too many bad reviews due to bad writing.  I guess I lack patience.

Yes, it was interesting hearing about a serial killer who 'enjoyed' killing, but also setting up others and watching his planted clues be picked up by police to frame someone else.  He traveled from state to state doing this and was at times a police and FBI informant.  He was very congenial and would often attend church with the victim or the patsy. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Segundus on January 17, 2016, 01:10:47 PM

It's funny that Noory seems to give topics that require research to his weekend hosts.  This case necessitated watching the Netflix 10 episode presentation, which it appears that Schrader did.  I did notJim the patience to go through the entire thing because it was dragged out too slowly. 

I had the exact same thought about his lack of follow-up questions, especially with Cameron.  Seems like he gave the same answer to every question Dave asked, "This was what the guy did, he killed people then framed someone for the murder(s)".   I was not surprised, however, at the total lack of interest in Cameron's story/book by the PD who worked the Avery case.  To hear him tell it, Edwards could have been responsible for damn near every murder case in the US over a 50 yr period.  Wonder if Cameron thinks his boy offed Jimmy Hoffa?

CornyCrow

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 18, 2016, 09:29:02 PM
I had the exact same thought about his lack of follow-up questions, especially with Cameron.  Seems like he gave the same answer to every question Dave asked, "This was what the guy did, he killed people then framed someone for the murder(s)".   I was not surprised, however, at the total lack of interest in Cameron's story/book by the PD who worked the Avery case.  To hear him tell it, Edwards could have been responsible for damn near every murder case in the US over a 50 yr period.  Wonder if Cameron thinks his boy offed Jimmy Hoffa?
I'm surprised that there are not more books about Edward Wayne Edwards.  His life would seem to make a great film.  Who would have thought that a guy would be a serial killer, but part of his 'scene' would be to plant evidence and set up an innocent?  This must be very embarrassing to some if the serial killer was also a police and FBI informant. 

You're right.  Cameron seems to have gone off into the deep end and is wildly speculating.  There must be others who are like Edwards out there.   

Lol hour 2 of Monday night caller describes how she did a hit run. She says she hit a man, but he was a stupid man so she drove off. car is damaged but she came back later and there was not a corpse, so it must have been a ghost.  Pretty sure ghost done leave dents.

Dave interviewed a Flat earther last Thursday, and Tim interviewed him on Tuesday. A fun listen, it is amazing to see how worked up people get over the subject.

Honestly, I felt Tim did the better interview. Tim is actually pretty decent the few times I've heard him go solo. I wonder if Schrader might consider letting Tim host a science themed show once a week. Schrader is always complaining how over worked he is, might give him more time to prepare for shows rest of the week.

Also why is Ground Zero syndicated on a bunch of radio stations but Darkness Radio is not? It seems like a natural fit since Schrader is hosting C2C on a pretty regular basis.

Quote from: MikeJ on January 06, 2016, 08:13:03 PM

Honestly if I was hosting a show, I would be embarrassed to be affiliated with Warren or his ilk. There is already a huge credibility problem when it comes to paranormal. I think Schrader actually takes the paranormal pretty seriously and believes in some aspects of it. But when you affiliate yourself with hucksters and snake oils salesman, it really makes people question your credibility. Though Schrader did try to emphasize that Warren was a paid sponsor last time he hs him on, so at least that's something.

Lord Grantham

The one thing about Darkeness radio that irks me is the pearl clutching "kids these days" routine Dave will go into occasionally. Dude has a serous case of juvenoia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 14, 2016, 08:57:38 AM
The one thing about Darkeness radio that irks me is the pearl clutching "kids these days" routine Dave will go into occasionally. Dude has a serous case of juvenoia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

Some of  the humor is alright. But the poo poo jokes and the like do detract from the show. Schrader really tones it down for C2C. I am glad act like a dumb ass Fridays were ended on Darkness, good move. I think another fact that limits darkness is the fact Schrader works 500 hours a week. His other endevours have to really limit his ability to do show prep, toss in the fact he has a million kids to spend time with and it explains a lot of the issues on the show.

I still enjoy darkness radio, but I just want it to improve to be even better. I also appreciate Schrader is willing to do a lot of work, he is just stretched to thin.

Addis0n

Dave Schraeder is ok but when on darkness radio there is way too much corny banter, way too many commercials and not enough interaction with guests - not enough content.  Also he has a lot of horrible guests on and filler.  Crystal magic angels 20118 prophecies!!!

Quote from: Addis0n on February 23, 2016, 08:26:15 AM
Dave Schraeder is ok but when on darkness radio there is way too much corny banter, way too many commercials and not enough interaction with guests - not enough content.  Also he has a lot of horrible guests on and filler.  Crystal magic angels 20118 prophecies!!!

The podcast version has the commercials cut. There are occasional lack luster guest, but I think it's like that in every podcast. Some guest you don't like, others may love.

If you haven't listened to the Count Cosel show yet, everyone should listen. A really entertaining show.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 23, 2016, 09:49:18 PM
If you haven't listened to the Count Cosel show yet, everyone should listen. A really entertaining show.

That was a really good show. I've seen that story before, probably on one of those old Discovery / TLC shows about oddities and the macabre they used to run. But had never heard the full version of the story.

Cherish1123

what is the deal with all the recent darkness radio shows dealing with angels and heaven ? in the past i would turn to darkness radio shows when i got sick of all of noory's bible thumping crap. skimming through some of the latest podcasts of darkness radio though seems every other show has a segment to do with heaven or angels or what have you. is dave trying to be more like noory or something ?

Quote from: Cherish1123 on March 07, 2016, 09:05:20 PM
what is the deal with all the recent darkness radio shows dealing with angels and heaven ? in the past i would turn to darkness radio shows when i got sick of all of noory's bible thumping crap. skimming through some of the latest podcasts of darkness radio though seems every other show has a segment to do with heaven or angels or what have you. is dave trying to be more like noory or something ?

There has always been some angel talk. But there was an hour on black eyed kids which was really worth listening to and also some guest on about ghost.

zeebo

Schrade's got a bigfoot/yeti lineup tonite w/ a dash of ufo's.  Could be kinda fun.

doctor weird

Quote from: zeebo on March 19, 2016, 08:54:29 PM
Schrade's got a bigfoot/yeti lineup tonite w/ a dash of ufo's.  Could be kinda fun.

I never listen to Coast anymore, but for Dave and Bigfoot ill make an exception

K_Dubb

This could be interesting.  Every time I hear Cheddar Man I think of those pictures of his skull covered in minerals that look like parmesan and it puts me off cheese for at least a week.

I'm not going to listen, but I love the title "Scientific Yeti". If I could have another screen name, I would use that one.