• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
I was only half listening.  Did George just correct the guest's claim that 90% of people know of AC/DC by revising it to 30%?  Wow, George really knows his post 1950s music and has his finger on the pulse of the nation.

He really is ignorant of the culture of his own era.

trostol

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 03, 2015, 01:58:48 AM
I was only half listening.  Did George just correct the guest's claim that 90% of people know of AC/DC by revising it to 30%?  Wow, George really knows his post 1950 music and has his finger on the pulse of the nation.

he did but the question was different the second time he asked..but i will agree with him..the question was what percent listened to them and she said 90% which is far too high..depending on where that question is asked..then he said i think its more like 30% that has heard of them...

Quote from: trostol on July 03, 2015, 02:01:22 AM
he did but the question was different the second time he asked..but i will agree with him..the question was what percent listened to them and she said 90% which is far too high..depending on where that question is asked..then he said i think its more like 30% that has heard of them...

Well, that would make a difference.  I wonder which he meant.

Juan Cena

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 03, 2015, 01:55:33 AM
Noory has had more than One Night of Sin.  Every night he is on the radio is a sin. That song is one of my personal favorites from Elvis.  Reworked into One Night (With You).  I love how in the initial version the singer regrets screwing around but in the popular version what he wants to do is screw around.  Censorship is so stupid.

I think we do take for granted sometimes how risqué or taboo breaking early rock n roll was.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 03, 2015, 01:58:48 AM
I was only half listening.  Did George just correct the guest's claim that 90% of people know of AC/DC by revising it to 30%?  Wow, George really knows his post 1950 music and has his finger on the pulse of the nation.

He left for break teasing that phone calls are next and we'll find out how many people really know of the group.  This is dumb for at least three reasons.  1) They've been fairly famous for like 40 yrs. so we can assume alot of people know about them even if George doesn't. 2) Call-ins to a lightly-listened-to radio show are not a scientific study.  3) Why would you call in to ask about a band you've never heard of? ("Hi this band sounds cool, can you give me the website for AC/DC so I can learn more?")

Quote from: zeebo on July 03, 2015, 02:04:48 AM
He left for break teasing that phone calls are next and we'll find out how many people really know of the group.  This is dumb for at least three reasons.  1) They've been fairly famous for like 40 yrs. so we can assume alot of people know about them even if George doesn't. 2) Call-ins to a lightly-listened-to radio show are not a scientific study.  3) Why would you call in to ask about a band you've never heard of? ("Hi this band sounds cool, can you give me the website for AC/DC so I can learn more?")

I think we're going to get the Bill/Annie/Corny/and possibly Jeff polster ratings.

Vara says Dave tries to block his guests too. He pulls it with Art and Late Night in the Midlands, what other shows does he try to block guests from? (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsTINdYc_54 mentions it in this.)

I've got it!  The new Coast theme song should be Highway To Hell.  I can't think of a more apt theme song for a show that Noory hosts.

CJJames

Ignoramus Noory: "So, their leader Bon Scott was a member of the 27 club because he died at the age of 27."

Guest: "He was 33."

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 03, 2015, 02:07:08 AM
I think we're going to get the Bill/Annie/Corny/and possibly Jeff polster ratings.

No, let me try that one again.

I predict the atheist vote and the amateur astonomer vote will poll at roughly the same percentage.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on July 03, 2015, 02:04:48 AM

It is sad how unhip Noory is.

My wife won't listen to Highway To Hell if it is on the radio.  She thinks it is Satanic.  This is the woman whose favorite group as a teenager  and young adult was Iron Maiden. I love her madly but man sometimes I go WTF.

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 03, 2015, 02:14:29 AM
It is sad how unhip Noory is.

My wife won't listen to Highway To Hell if it is on the radio.  She thinks it is Satanic.  This is the woman whose favorite group as a teenager  and young adult was Iron Maiden. I love her madly but man sometimes I go WTF.

thats kinda...weird..i mean ya know..IM mascot ya know is like ...a zombie lol

zeebo

Quote from: CJJames on July 03, 2015, 02:11:54 AM
Ignoramus Noory: "So, their leader Bon Scott was a member of the 27 club because he died at the age of 27."

Guest: "He was 33."

You left out his masterful save though "So, you really gotta watch out for 27 and 33 then."

Quote from: trostol on July 03, 2015, 02:17:34 AM
thats kinda...weird..i mean ya know..IM mascot ya know is like ...a zombie lol

I know!!  I like IM but I've only listened to some of their music.  She knows most of the albums from the 80's to the mid 90's by heart.   I've got all of their cd's from that era but haven't really listened to them all.  I have practically all of AC/DC's albums but I play them when she is not around.

George is so clueless. He can't even grasp the concept that some people think AC/DC is the best band of all time.  Then he compares them to Dean Martin.   ::)

zeebo

George thinks AC/DC was going head-to-head with the Beatles?  Geez this guy is really out of touch with the rock-n-roll timeline.

trostol

what a tremendous d-bag ..no where near the same sort of music as the beatles or stones and he compares them ..

Dave stick to what you know..which is nothing

I know people tend to make most of their music preferences during their teens, but George was only in his 20s when AC/DC was big.  It's like the only person he ever culturally associated with was his Mom.

The guest has also written a book "Famous Wisconsin Musicians".

CJJames

Bozo the Host: "They (AC/DC) went head to head with the Rolling Stones and the Beatles, right?"

Guest: "Ummm....nooooo."

Quote from: zeebo on July 03, 2015, 02:17:44 AM
You left out his masterful save though "So, you really gotta watch out for 27 and 33 then."

Didn't George announce that he was 'getting into' Bob Dylan awhile back?  I wonder whatever happened with that (check out the poster in his studio)

CJJames

Malcolm Young with dementia = a tragic loss

Noory with dementia = Nightly at 10pm pst.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 03, 2015, 02:26:08 AM
George is so clueless. He can't even grasp the concept that some people think AC/DC is the best band of all time.  Then he compares them to Dean Martin.   ::)

Yeah but that's because of the celebrity roasts they host

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 03, 2015, 02:33:42 AM
The guest has also written a book "Famous Wisconsin Musicians".

That's actually just Volume I.

Quote from: CJJames on July 03, 2015, 02:38:04 AM
Malcolm Young with dementia = a tragic loss

Noory with dementia = Nightly at 10pm pst.

Isn't Life Strange?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 03, 2015, 02:39:29 AM
Yeah but that's because of the celebrity roasts they host

I'd love to see a celebrity roast on all of these famous bands.  Somebody should have revived it.  Tonight's Celebrity Roast of John Fogerty with Stu Cook, Doug Clifford and many others.

trostol

GN- " Is their music still selling"

i think i just facepalmed over that one

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 03, 2015, 02:38:03 AM
Didn't George announce that he was 'getting into' Bob Dylan awhile back?  I wonder whatever happened with that

Ha yes I remember that.  What a hipster.

Didn't one of the AC/DC drummers try to take a hit out on someone?