• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

onan

Just so everyone knows... and hopefully before I am on more ignored lists.

And no I am not an ass kisser.

Eddie Coyle is more than likely the most intelligent forum member here; and quite possibly one of the most well read, well thought out people I have ever had the priviledge to cross paths with.

And no we do not always agree. And yes he can be acerbic, but never more than is reasonable. If that upsets you, well you may need to talk a few things out and develope some new coping skills.

toastycoasty

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 07, 2013, 01:48:12 AM
Hmmmmm....

Think about it. I'd part with $50 to never hear Jonathan Reed again. His story has had holes poked in it by others (not to mention the inconsistencies themselves) that giving him a platform like Dark Matter is showing him too much respect.

Evelyn Paglini, or even Harlot at a pinch, I'd love to hear.

jazmunda

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 07, 2013, 06:42:11 AM

In fact I'd pay for more cigarettes so her voice can sound even more raspy on satellite radio.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 07, 2013, 06:42:11 AM
Think about it. I'd part with $50 to never hear Jonathan Reed again. His story has had holes poked in it by others (not to mention the inconsistencies themselves) that giving him a platform like Dark Matter is showing him too much respect.

Last I heard he's been doing conferences in Guatemala and such. Much like Scientology, he's wisely taking his show to where English is less understood and criticism, therefore, less accessible.

I was around to hear his first appearences on art bell live when they happened. They were goddamn awesome at the time. But, yeah. . .

toastycoasty

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 06:46:09 AM
Last I heard he's been doing conferences in Guatemala and such. Much like Scientology, he's wisely taking his show to where English is less understood and criticism, therefore, less accessible.

I was around to hear his first appearences on art bell live when they happened. They were goddamn awesome at the time. But, yeah. . .

I've heard some of the earlier stuff too and I think that the story was funny originally. But hearing him on Dark Matter and his serious, quavery voice going on and on pissed me off. The show deserves better! I like stories about aliens because they make me laugh, but reading up about him and how weird and shifty he is was unsettling,

HMC

Quote from: 8bitwizard on November 06, 2013, 11:47:07 PM
Holy crap. Your Avi is hot.

I'm assuming your joking, since that's me and I've never been called "hot". If not, thanks.

Mastodonkey

Quote from: HMC on November 07, 2013, 06:54:28 AM
I'm assuming your joking, since that's me and I've never been called "hot". If not, thanks.

lol male sees female being on a forum who has actual pic in avatar, has to relay usual comment "you're HOT" not that you're not hot.

Anyway maybe I missed this since this thread is long as hell at this point, does art own the dark matter name? or sirius?

tertiaryimam

Sean David Morton/John B Wells - 05 Nov 2013

John B Wells Comments on Art  Bell's Quitting at 29 minutes in.

Marc.Knight

This strategy is an easy way to put ALL the blame on SiriusXM if they do not accept.  If they say no, then Art walks away with less criticism aimed at him.  Just an observation.

This Week
11/04 - Mon - REPLAY - Richard C. Hoagland
11/05 - Tue - REPLAY - Charles Faddis Ex-CIA
11/06 - Wed - REPLAY - Loyd Auerbach
11/07 - Thu - Waiting on SiriusXM

toastycoasty

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 07:25:53 AM

Sean David Morton/John B Wells - 05 Nov 2013

John B Wells Comments on Art  Bell's Quitting at 29 minutes in.

OF COURSE, Ol' Golden Balls had to have a gloat. And who even gives a fraud like Sean David Morton the time of day?

It was excruciating listening to those 2 minutes to get to that. Say what you will about Art, at least he had a legacy to piss away! Wells will be just mediocre and lucky.

And I can imagine why his bosses don't want him to mention Obama - they'll be the ones legally liable for his latest conspiracy or hate crime.

dan7800

Quote from: Philosopher on November 07, 2013, 07:27:14 AM
This strategy is an easy way to put ALL the blame on SiriusXM if they do not accept.  If they say no, then Art walks away with less criticism aimed at him.  Just an observation.

This Week

I was thinking the same thing. I could see Sirius pushing back on this. It all depends if they make more money playing Art, or a replay of the Jay Thomas show.

8bitwizard

LOL you're welcome.   But, yes I am serious!

Quote from: HMC on November 07, 2013, 06:54:28 AM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: jazmunda on November 07, 2013, 06:11:18 AM
I just can't see Sirius going along with this. I hope I am wrong. Maybe I'm just being a glass is half empty kind of a guy today.

If Sirius say no it has been perfectly set up this time for the blame and anger to be directed at them.

Nothing would please me more than to be 100% wrong.

Hopefully in a little under 14 hours we will be in a different thread discussing Dark Matter 2.0.

Long live Art Bell and Dark Matter.

Anyone on this forum who has experience working for a corporation knows that politics and protocol play a big part in decision-making.  That's why I think it is very unlikely that Art will be allowed to return to SiriusXM.  I won't list all of the reasons, with the exception that Art gave them a collective black eye with his departure.  It drew attention to real or perceived weaknesses in the company that then became public debate. 

As I stated earlier in this thread, unless Art has a "Champion" member of SiriusXM's brass to back him up then I'm afraid the company would not want to take another chance to get burned.

HMC

Quote from: 8bitwizard on November 07, 2013, 07:38:20 AM
LOL you're welcome.   But, yes I am serious!

hehe Oh, well then again, thanks.  ;D

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 07, 2013, 07:24:21 AM
lol male sees female being on a forum who has actual pic in avatar, has to relay usual comment "you're HOT" not that you're not hot.

Anyway maybe I missed this since this thread is long as hell at this point, does art own the dark matter name? or sirius?

I've been wondering who owns the name too.... It seems like SiriusXM owns it, since they are playing reruns, they must own the whole thing flat out.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: dan7800 on November 07, 2013, 07:35:17 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I could see Sirius pushing back on this. It all depends if they make more money playing Art, or a replay of the Jay Thomas show.

At this point I think money is not a factor in SiriusXM's decision-making.  Protecting their reputation and public image is more important.  See my post above.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 07, 2013, 02:47:25 AM
         With the oversensitive Depends wearers here wanting to ban people left and right...how about this? Be a member for 6 Months before you accuse others of being a troll.

When some dumb fucking asshole or cunt calls me a troll? Guess what, you get what you asked for. It's the Golem Effect you elementary shitballs.
Damn straight.  I have been here way, way too long to let these pantywaists try to turn this place into the next Fantastic Forum.  "Oh, look, kitty cats.  Let's send Art some cat photos so that he'll feel better."   

And the fucking nerve of people to get all bent out of shape because a few negative comments were thrown Art's way.  So what?  He's a grown man, he pissed off a bunch of his fans, now he has to deal with it?  And by the way, not one off you mouth breathing sycophants said word one about the nasty and vile stuff that has been posted here about Noory.  That makes you hypocrites, who don't actually care about people's feelings, or decorum, or public decency - no, you are all bent out of shape because some of it is now directed at Art.  If MV brings out the ban hammer, I hope you addled shut ins who attacked Eddie, Onan, et al.  are the first out the door.

RedMichael

Quote from: dan7800 on November 07, 2013, 07:35:17 AM

Sirius, as a corporation, doesn't have the maneuverability to respond to all this stuff. I also doubt they would lower themselves to that either. Sadly, people will be fooled by this and think Sirius is to blame.

Folks, nothing changed with Sirius any capacity before Bell joined or after. He walked into this mess either knowingly or without do any homework at all. Very Noory-esque.

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 07, 2013, 01:43:42 AM
Sounds awesome!

I apologize to you Art for anything YOU may have read by me that was hurtful. I never ever attacked your family in any of my posts, never. Anyone is free to view my past posts. They were indeed harsh and my criticism and opinions will continue to be that. But I think my reactions are very fair and just considering the weight of this situation and my perceived view that Art acted like an ass and very cowardly. When we all know deep down he is maybe an ass haha but not a coward. Yet he seemed fine just laying down and willing to just give up. At least that is what it appeared to some of us, to me. It was all just handled very poorly and amateurish.

I DO NOT apologize for expressing my opinions and emotions on this 'dark matter'. It would be silly to deny how it makes me feel and how disappointed it was to see Art choose to handle it in this manner. It is so disheartening to witness what happened after the huge build up and then have George ride in looking like a complete winner. So slick and smooth. It was damn shocking to be a part of it all and listen to it happen live on-air.

So yes Art I wanna take a ride... and have always looked forward to those hours each night listening to you and your guests have a discussion.. meanwhile learning so much about the Universe and hearing information/data that we'd never otherwise be exposed to by the mainstream. Art and the shows he provided were and still are essential, perhaps never more so than now, and it would be an utter travesty to go out this way looking like a fool and having Noory and gang have the final say and victory.

But no Art I do not wanna take a ride if your sole purpose of coming back is only to quench your thirst of your never ending desire to crush C2C. It was fun the first couple weeks hearing you say things about C2C and George that a lot of people wished they had the platform to say.. but its getting old and becoming a distraction for the overall progress of Dark Matter. So let's get the job done now instead of just talking about it. Let's beat C2C and have a blast doing it.

Graham Hancock please!

Does "eat a dick" ring a "Bell?"

Quote from: Philosopher on November 07, 2013, 07:27:14 AM

This Week

I don't think anyone who has been paying attention believes this was on SiriusXM.

RedMichael

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 07, 2013, 07:44:59 AM

And the fucking nerve of people to get all bent out of shape because a few negative comments were thrown Art's way.  So what?  He's a grown man, he pissed off a bunch of his fans, now he has to deal with it?  And by the way, not one off you mouth breathing sycophants said word one about the nasty and vile stuff that has been posted here about Noory.

I can think of millions of reasons we shouldn't worry about Bell getting mean messages or why he probably doesn't care...

Quote from: shell88 on November 07, 2013, 01:48:33 AM
Do you have your artistic license?  Hey, I'm just really happy he's trying to come back. For me, for everybody.

For the children.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWf-eARnf6U

samysam1313

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 06, 2013, 10:25:21 AM
...and stuff.

I just joined this board and I like you read through this whole thread. I can't say I'm impressed with all the bashing that goes on. I understand people being upset about Art's decision. I am too, but I sure don't think bashing people is any way to act. People who are supposed to be adults yet act like school children. All I can say, is grow up. This is not the first forum I've been in where I've seen this kind of behavior. I'm here to get news about Art and not to read a bunch of haters. I hope Art will come back to do a show for all his fans but I'm not ever going to bash people if he doesn't and all you Noory haters are just as bad. If you don't like him, then don't listen to him. Simple as that. I don't go to forums of people I don't like just to bash them. I just don't bother with them. That Richard Hoagland post took the cake for bad taste.

jazmunda

Quote from: Philosopher on November 07, 2013, 07:39:14 AM

Anyone on this forum who has experience working for a corporation knows that politics and protocol play a big part in decision-making.  That's why I think it is very unlikely that Art will be allowed to return to SiriusXM.  I won't list all of the reasons, with the exception that Art gave them a collective black eye with his departure.  It drew attention to real or perceived weaknesses in the company that then became public debate. 

As I stated earlier in this thread, unless Art has a "Champion" member of SiriusXM's brass to back him up then I'm afraid the company would not want to take another chance to get burned.

Agreed. I can't see them doing a 180 from their decision about the streaming the other day. What has changed? Testing of the stream on artbell.com with a sample sized audience and a request to be an independent broadcaster. I don't see how this saves face for Sirius or earns them any more dollars. I think the main sticking point still stands for Sirius and that is giving the milk away for free. No one buys a cow when they can get the milk for free.

Believe me no one wants Sirius to agree more than me but the realist (or is that just the pessimist) in me just can't see it happening.

Then again I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes so as we say down under; opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 07, 2013, 07:44:59 AM
Damn straight.  I have been here way, way too long to let these pantywaists try to turn this place into the next Fantastic Forum.  "Oh, look, kitty cats.  Let's send Art some cat photos so that he'll feel better."   

And the fucking nerve of people to get all bent out of shape because a few negative comments were thrown Art's way.  So what?  He's a grown man, he pissed off a bunch of his fans, now he has to deal with it?  And by the way, not one off you mouth breathing sycophants said word one about the nasty and vile stuff that has been posted here about Noory.  That makes you hypocrites, who don't actually care about people's feelings, or decorum, or public decency - no, you are all bent out of shape because some of it is now directed at Art.  If MV brings out the ban hammer, I hope you addled shut ins who attacked Eddie, Onan, et al.  are the first out the door.

As fast as they came in they will also leave.  Once the initial hype dies down they won't have a reason to contribute.

8bitwizard

I've been wondering who owns the name too.... It seems like SiriusXM owns it, since they are playing reruns, they must own the whole thing flat out.
[/quote]

I wondered this myself. But honestly... I don't care if the show is called Dingleberry Chicken Potpie with Art Bell. I'll listen.

Wendell73

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 07, 2013, 01:43:42 AM
Sounds awesome!

I apologize to you Art for anything YOU may have read by me that was hurtful. I never ever attacked your family in any of my posts, never. Anyone is free to view my past posts. They were indeed harsh and my criticism and opinions will continue to be that. But I think my reactions are very fair and just considering the weight of this situation and my perceived view that Art acted like an ass and very cowardly. When we all know deep down he is maybe an ass haha but not a coward. Yet he seemed fine just laying down and willing to just give up. At least that is what it appeared to some of us, to me. It was all just handled very poorly and amateurish.

I DO NOT apologize for expressing my opinions and emotions on this 'dark matter'. It would be silly to deny how it makes me feel and how disappointed it was to see Art choose to handle it in this manner. It is so disheartening to witness what happened after the huge build up and then have George ride in looking like a complete winner. So slick and smooth. It was damn shocking to be a part of it all and listen to it happen live on-air.

So yes Art I wanna take a ride... and have always looked forward to those hours each night listening to you and your guests have a discussion.. meanwhile learning so much about the Universe and hearing information/data that we'd never otherwise be exposed to by the mainstream. Art and the shows he provided were and still are essential, perhaps never more so than now, and it would be an utter travesty to go out this way looking like a fool and having Noory and gang have the final say and victory.

But no Art I do not wanna take a ride if your sole purpose of coming back is only to quench your thirst of your never ending desire to crush C2C. It was fun the first couple weeks hearing you say things about C2C and George that a lot of people wished they had the platform to say.. but its getting old and becoming a distraction for the overall progress of Dark Matter. So let's get the job done now instead of just talking about it. Let's beat C2C and have a blast doing it.

Graham Hancock please!

Geez... ::)

ziznak

I have to say that even the strongest hugger of nuts cannot really blame people for being mad and venting.  But really I just don't get the whole angry post thing in the first place.  Somebody said it earlier but really "how angry can you get over a fucking radio show?"... take it a little further "how angry can you really get over some posts on an internet forum?"

Really, I just don't see how typing away at a keyboard can really help anybody express their anger effectively.  Actually, if you ARE expressing anger by typing away at a keyboard, more times than not, you must have serious issues expressing it elsewhere in your life. 

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 07, 2013, 02:01:49 AM
        When do you show up? When your jaw gets sore?

Just before they lose control of their gag reflex.