• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ted Cruz

Started by Auslandia, February 09, 2016, 01:59:47 PM

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 07, 2016, 05:36:50 PM
+ Infinity.

Thanks, starr, for your support. :D :D :D ;)  Also, thanks goes out to Gravity Sucks as well.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 03:26:21 PM
I resent the unctuous nature of conservatives in general who consistently present themselves as the most politically principled citizens of the country.  I'm tired of people like you framing my political beliefs as "the federal government knows what's best for the people"; I truly believe there is too much federal government, but I damn well guarantee you and I disagree where the cutting needs to be done.

Well, I'm glad you agree that there is too much federal government.  That is a start.  However,  yes I believe in streamlining government and getting rid of bureaucracies like the Department of Education.  I'm sure you think that we should cut the Defense Department's budget even further than it has already been cut. I don't agree with wars in foreign countries when that country or power has not instigated an attack against us.  So, yes,  I would disagree with invasions like the Iraq war if there is no valid reason for said invasion.   Anyway,  the Constitution says the Federal Government should provide for the common defense.  I agree. Per the 10th amendment, many other responsibilities, like education, fall to the states.

I am outraged when I see some con unwilling to negotiate (like your man Cruz) because of the sanctity of his "principles".  I am tired of the paternalistic condescension (like "libtard" or the constant refrain of "liberalism is a mental disorder") that dehumanizes people who oppose your politics.

I would never use the word libtard personally.  I'm also not a big fan of Savage but he is amusing sometimes. Much of the time I prefer to call myself a classical liberal as opposed to a conservative.  That is what the Founders called themselves and I align myself with them .  Yes they were not perfect.  Many of them regrettably had slaves but they also realized slavery was wrong and that the institution would and should eventually die.  As for Cruz and his principles, I would say that some principles are not negotiable.  It is too bad that you do not share that belief.

How is this "representing the interests of We the People"?  Notice you said "for decades"?  I agree, about three and a half of them, now.  I am frustrated at the economic devastation caused by Supply Side economics and the never-ending pervasive wealth transfer from everyone else to the rich initiated and augmented by conservative "free market" horseshit dogma and tax policy.

You and I probably disagree what the term, free market, implies.  There has not been a free market in my lifetime.  In a truly free market, there are no favorites.  Our government with its tax loops, make certain that certain big corporations are favored in the environment it provides.  Can you say GE?  You can blame Ronnie for that if you want but it was Obama who allowed that to happen.  However, Democrats and Republicans can both share the blame for situations like that.  For you to blame Reagan alone is a bit ridiculous.  Basically our government has become a front for corporate elitists.  Liberals, moderates and conservatives are responsible for that.

There is nothing false in my stereotype: there is absolutely no proof you or any conservative can provide that qualifies anything in your political beliefs (or political actions) as "compassion" or "empathy" .  Conservatism is by its very nature an exclusive philosophy.  Voting rights?  Strike 'em down.  Allegations of voter fraud?  They may be bullshit, but's let's work like hell to create voter ID laws while simultaneously closing down access to ID centers.  Money is speech?  No one aside from a conservative believes this.  The SCOTUS only supported this 5-4 and only then with its' conservative core leading that charge for "freedom".
Oh yeah.  Conservatives like the late Charlton Heston have no heart and want to strike down voting rights.  LOL, he only marched with King to Washington.   Next please.

I do want to make sure that only citizens can vote.  I do not want citizens of other countries like Mexico to vote here.  Your beloved leaders want them to vote because they can't get enough voters otherwise.  So yes, I'm all for voter id laws. You want to talk about voter fraud?  How about Mayor Daley in 1960 Chicago or even the 2000 vote when Al Gore couldn't get enough votes to win Florida so he tried to manufacture votes?  Next please.

Conservatism preaches "limited government" yet passes restroom laws and has its standard bearer publicly accusing people of wanting "Men to go to the bathroom with little girls" (and don't you dare pretend you don't know it was your boy Lucifer who did this) as its counter argument.  Disgusting in its dishonesty on so many levels, yet this is classic conservatism; government sucks until we want to alienate and exclude people.

So you are ok with male perverts going into women's restrooms to watch women pee or poop.  Glad we clarified that.  Next, please.

I, too, welcome diversity of opinion, as long as it can be made a)without contrasting yourself against others and b) offers a genuine solution to a problem rather than trying to jerk us off with the "invisible hand".

Well that is good to know.  I'll be sure to remember that the next time you go off on somebody for not agreeing with you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2016, 12:10:23 AM
Thanks, starr, for your support. :D :D :D ;)  Also, thanks goes out to Gravity Sucks as well.

I've learned you can't legislate morality and you can't fix stupid with duct tape. Keep the faith 21. We do have a Constitution. Someday I hope it includes amendments for term limits and a balanced budget, and if we get just a few more states, there will be a constitutional convention. Maybe, just maybe, it will reaffirm and strengthen the 10th amendment.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2016, 01:03:06 AM
I've learned you can't legislate morality and you can't fix stupid with duct tape. Keep the faith 21. We do have a Constitution. Someday I hope it includes amendments for term limits and a balanced budget, and if we get just a few more states, there will be a constitutional convention. Maybe, just maybe, it will reaffirm and strengthen the 10th amendment.

We desperately need a constitutional convention and soon. I'll try to keep the faith but time is running out to get this done in my lifetime.   :-\

Thanks again for your support.   :D :D :D

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2016, 01:03:02 AM

You and I probably disagree what the term, free market, implies.  There has not been a free market in my lifetime.  In a truly free market, there are no favorites.  Our government with its tax loops, make certain that certain big corporations are favored in the environment it provides.  Can you say GE?  You can blame Ronnie for that if you want but it was Obama who allowed that to happen.  However, Democrats and Republicans can both share the blame for situations like that.  For you to blame Reagan alone is a bit ridiculous.  Basically our government has become a front for corporate elitists.  Liberals, moderates and conservatives are responsible for that.

I do want to make sure that only citizens can vote.  I do not want citizens of other countries like Mexico to vote here.  Your beloved leaders want them to vote because they can't get enough voters otherwise.  So yes, I'm all for voter id laws. You want to talk about voter fraud?  How about Mayor Daley in 1960 Chicago or even the 2000 vote when Al Gore couldn't get enough votes to win Florida so he tried to manufacture votes?  Next please.

So you are ok with male perverts going into women's restrooms to watch women pee or poop.  Glad we clarified that.  Next, please.

1.It was Ronald Reagan who lowered the top tax rates and when the deficit ballooned despite that supply side claims that 'tax cuts would pay for themselves' negotiated with Congress to raise payroll taxes that disproportionately fall on the working and middle classes.  As I've written though, Reagan did counterbalance that somewhat by increasing the EITC.

You are correct that in a truly free market there are no favorites, but that doesn't mean that all companies are taxed equally.  Because of externalities,  to ensure there is no favorable treatment requires a government to add a tax to price in the cost of externalities.

Also, I disagree that governments shouldn't play favorites.  Because governments spend a great deal of money it makes sense to me that they would finance research into things that would reduce future costs.  Research into coming up with pavement that is more resistant to the effects of changing weather conditions is one obvious example.  Sometimes that research money may go to firms that also make the products, and not just to universities or Research and Development firms.

2.You have an interesting recollection of the 2000 election.  It was Katherine Harris in Florida who illegally removed thousands of names from the voter rolls because they had names similar to convicted criminals who are no longer allowed to vote in Florida.  Not coincidentally many of the people removed from the voter rolls
were black.  There has already been a court case over this and the Florida government lost.  There have been allegations that then Florida governor Jeb Bush was at least partly behind Katherine Harris' actions, but nothing has come to light that corroborates that.

Regarding the need for I.D, there has never been any evidence that illegal immigrants have voted.  The claims against Daley in Chicago involve ballot box stuffing, not having people illegally vote for him.  There have been investigations into illegal voting and in nearly all cases all that is found are senior citizens with memory problems who have innocently voted twice, first at the advanced polls held at their nursing homes and then later when they voted on election day at a different location. 

A number of Republican politicians have admitted that the real reason and the only reason behind these voter laws is to suppress the turnout of
legal Democratic voters.  This makes sense because contrary to what you wrote, the Democratic Party has won a plurality of the vote at the Presidential level in five of the last six elections and Republicans know that with demographic changes, its just going to get harder for them, if everything else remains the same.  So, it's the Republicans who are trying to game the system.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/28/republicans-admit-voter-id-laws-are-aimed-at-democratic-voters.html

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/06/wisconsins_voter_id_sham_republican_rep_admits_the_law_targets_democrats_its_time_for_the_rest_of_the_gop_to_say_it_too/

3.In regards to bathroom laws.  There are already laws against loitering that address what you are concerned about.  You are aware that no law right now prevents a pervert from walking into a woman's bathroom and taking a look?  Conservatives must be aware of that because they argue that no law can prevent a person from buying a gun if they want to get a gun.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2016, 01:03:06 AM

If you want a balanced budget then vote for politicians who support balanced budgets and can explain in detail how they will achieve it.  There is no need for a constitutional amendment.  The problem is Republican politicians who lie that they support balanced budgets when a Democrat is President but don't give a rat's ass about balanced budgets when a Republican is President.

Hind sight is 2020. Next time, choose Cruz

GravitySucks

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 08, 2016, 07:36:15 AM
If you want a balanced budget then vote for politicians who support balanced budgets and can explain in detail how they will achieve it.  There is no need for a constitutional amendment.  The problem is Republican politicians who lie that they support balanced budgets when a Democrat is President but don't give a rat's ass about balanced budgets when a Republican is President.

Exactly why we need a balanced budget amendment. Thanks for making my point.

p.s. How do you feel about Trudeau doubling the budget deficit up there a few short months since he took over after campaigning on fiscal responsibility?

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 07, 2016, 01:43:43 PM

Glad your OK.  Good thing the relatives came and collected all your guns and blades when the Anointed One cratered, eh?

No worries; my head-shrinker just doubled-up on my Thorazine. I feel....

DanTSX

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 08, 2016, 08:26:20 AM

Ted will still be Canadian and will still be a stiff bore.

Eric Trump 2024

GravitySucks

Quote from: DanTSX on May 08, 2016, 08:33:33 AM

Eric Trump 2024

He will have to run as a democrat or an independent. He already shot his elephant.

DanTSX

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2016, 08:28:29 AM
Exactly why we need a balanced budget amendment. Thanks for making my point.

I'm about as conservative as you can get.   Balanced budget at the federal level is economic suicide.

I am all for fiscal responsibility within federal spending.  But a balanced budget is a sure way to bread lines, not prosperity.  The fed doesn't need to operate like it has a checkbook

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 08, 2016, 08:26:20 AM

This fucking idiot honestly believes Ted Cruz will be President one day.

Quote from: DanTSX on May 08, 2016, 08:33:33 AM

Eric Trump 2024

You have something against Canadians, sir? Those people brought us maple syrup, Moosehead beer and log rolling. That`s good enough for me!

aldousburbank

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 08, 2016, 08:41:47 AM
You have something against Canadians, sir? Those people brought us maple syrup, Moosehead beer and log rolling. That`s good enough for me!

NowhereInTime

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2016, 12:10:23 AM

Here I am looking forward to challenging political debate and I've stumbled onto a support group?!?

This, by the way, is why AM talk radio thrives; cons repeatedly need to be bucked up and have their collective amorality validated.

Quote from: Teh PeNgu1n oF dOOm on May 08, 2016, 08:39:59 AM
This fucking idiot honestly believes Ted Cruz will be President one day.

Sweetheart, it`s Paladin that likes his women dumb, fat, ugly, and vulgar, not me. You see, he was a Marine and, well..you know how they are.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 08, 2016, 08:46:09 AM
Here I am looking forward to challenging political debate and I've stumbled onto a support group?!?

This, by the way, is why AM talk radio thrives; cons repeatedly need to be bucked up and have their collective amorality validated.

NiT! you ol` proggie, you! Come here and give me a man hug!

DanTSX

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 08, 2016, 08:41:47 AM

Most Canadians are urban / suburban softies that wouldn't know a maple tree if they walked into one.

The touque and flannel wearing lumberjack image represents a rapidly shrinking monitory.

DanTSX

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 08, 2016, 08:46:29 AM
Not helping the argument.

I didn't think you could be anymore unlikable, then you post this. >:(

Quote from: DanTSX on May 08, 2016, 08:57:34 AM
Most Canadians are urban / suburban softies that wouldn't know a maple tree if they walked into one.

The touque and flannel wearing lumberjack image represents a rapidly shrinking monitory.

Sir, I will have you know, I attended the world log rolling championship in Saskatchewan last Summer, and I counted many flannel-clad, bearded men among the rather impressive crowd. Perhaps you should stick to longhorn tipping!

NowhereInTime

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2016, 01:03:02 AM
Well, I'm glad you agree that there is too much federal government.  That is a start.  However,  yes I believe in streamlining government and getting rid of bureaucracies like the Department of Education.  I'm sure you think that we should cut the Defense Department's budget even further than it has already been cut. I don't agree with wars in foreign countries when that country or power has not instigated an attack against us.  So, yes,  I would disagree with invasions like the Iraq war if there is no valid reason for said invasion.   Anyway,  the Constitution says the Federal Government should provide for the common defense.  I agree. Per the 10th amendment, many other responsibilities, like education, fall to the states.

Education would indeed "fall" if left to the states.  Texas teaching Creationism because social conservatives stack the education boards. 

Conservative policy groups who are working to spread anti-climate change curricula into states through social conservative activism...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/will-your-kid-be-taught-that-climate-change-is-a-hoax/2012/02/22/gIQAp6fFVR_blog.html

...even as the Antarctic breaks apart melts into the ocean:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/23/massive-iceberg-makes-a-run-for-it_n_5199559.html

The reality is that conservatives fear education above all else.  The more people know, the less conservative they are, as evidenced by the emerging generation, the most connected and informed in our history:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/09/25/the-gops-millennial-problem-runs-deep/

QuoteI would never use the word libtard personally.  I'm also not a big fan of Savage but he is amusing sometimes. Much of the time I prefer to call myself a classical liberal as opposed to a conservative.  That is what the Founders called themselves and I align myself with them .  Yes they were not perfect.  Many of them regrettably had slaves but they also realized slavery was wrong and that the institution would and should eventually die.  As for Cruz and his principles, I would say that some principles are not negotiable.  It is too bad that you do not share that belief.

It depends on the principles.  This unshakable belief in "limited government" that only seems to apply to things cons don't like isn't a real principle.

It is evident in your  "Gee golly, gosh" dismissal of the history of slavery issue.  The stark reality is that you "strict constructionalists" still, through your 10th Amendment code, cannot reconcile the deep racial divide caused by importing human beings of another color into this nation to toil (from birth to death) with no true compensation (free market principles?  really?).  Once emancipated, through a war over "states' rights" no less, they to this day have not been welcomed into the society as equals. 

Conservatives have opposed every attempt  to move the descendants of these people into society as equals.  Everything from armed forces integration through equal access to public locations and services through voting rights have been vigorously opposed by your Conservative Movement. 

Well, at least your principles are non-negotiable.

QuoteYou and I probably disagree what the term, free market, implies.  There has not been a free market in my lifetime.

Nor have there been unicorns.  Why?  Because both are pure fantasy.

QuoteIn a truly free market, there are no favorites.

And this is one of my biggest problems with conservatism.  You have a philosophy of acting in your "self-interest" yet somehow reconcile that with a market of "no favorites"?  The real reason you will never have "free markets" is precisely because from the word "go" self-interested parties will do anything and everything to decimate competition.  The "free market" immediately begins to move away from the interests of the consuming public, as we have seen with M&A activity resulting in "downsizing", "outsourcing", and "streamlining" which is code for "less competition".  This always leads to unfair consumer conditions, usually in the form of diluted product at higher prices.  Your free market can never work because of the inherent dishonesty of the self-interested.

QuoteOur government with its tax loops, make certain that certain big corporations are favored in the environment it provides.  Can you say GE?

I can. I live in CT where GE is headquartered (at least for now) and they are leaving after 42 years.  The reason?  Lack of predictability.  So, no matter the tax breaks, it is never enough if the corporate welfare teat isn't guaranteed to flow.  They're off to Boston (Taxachussetts, of all places!) because Mass has done a lot to welcome them.  States are monkey rolling over each other to provide breaks that corporations lap up. 

QuoteYou can blame Ronnie for that if you want but it was Obama who allowed that to happen.

No.  Historically wrong.  It was the Reagan Administration that fought for M&A deregulation like cats with their tails on fire and it was GOP Lite Bubba Clinton who rubber stamped every merger in the 90's.

QuoteHowever, Democrats and Republicans can both share the blame for situations like that.  For you to blame Reagan alone is a bit ridiculous.

Yet for conservatives to hail him as some great visionary isn't?  Staggering.

QuoteBasically our government has become a front for corporate elitists.  Liberals, moderates and conservatives are responsible for that.

Moderates and cons, yes.  I can't really find a liberal since FDR or maybe Jimmy Carter (I think JFK was starting to drift left, but, well, we put a stop to that, didn't we?); Bubba and Barry are, at best, moderates.  Obama is a social liberal but fiscally?  Aside from the "original sin" of Obamacare, isn't this economy exactly the one you cons have been fighting for?  The triumph of corporate power?  The subjugation (and de-unionization) of the "proles"? The stride toward global markets (TPP?  Needs to be TP'd.)?   Barry O has facilitated conservatism's wettest dreams!

QuoteOh yeah.  Conservatives like the late Charlton Heston have no heart and want to strike down voting rights.  LOL, he only marched with King to Washington.   Next please.

Lol.  He probably had him in his gun sights.  Lol.  Next, please.  (Oh, and definitive proof of conservative "compassion"  Ya got me!!!)

QuoteI do want to make sure that only citizens can vote.  I do not want citizens of other countries like Mexico to vote here.  Your beloved leaders want them to vote because they can't get enough voters otherwise.  So yes, I'm all for voter id laws. You want to talk about voter fraud?  How about Mayor Daley in 1960 Chicago or even the 2000 vote when Al Gore couldn't get enough votes to win Florida so he tried to manufacture votes?  Next please.

You mean the 2000 election when the conservative SCOTUS handed George Bush the presidency despite losing the popular vote?  Next, please.  You mean the way J. Kenneth Blackwell rigged Diebold machines in Ohio that completely contradicted exit polling in 2004?  Next, please.

And my favorite classical conservative justification for all their electoral evil: "CHICAGO!!!!"  Rally round, lads!  Chicago done us wrong!!

QuoteSo you are ok with male perverts going into women's restrooms to watch women pee or poop.  Glad we clarified that.  Next, please.

So you happily employ condescending cynicism and intellectual dishonesty to ameliorate your repugnant discrimination?  Glad you clarified that.  Next, please.

QuoteWell that is good to know.  I'll be sure to remember that the next time you go off on somebody for not agreeing with you.

I "go off" on people who employ roll eyed dismissal of their opponents as intellectually inferior.  I "go off" on people who sanctimoniously tout principles that are exclusionary, discriminatory, and economically unviable.  I "go off" on people who fail to defend their outrageous statements with any actual principled defense and rely upon breezy condescending tropes like "next, please" to dismiss a criticism rather than answer it. 

You need to learn what all cons need to learn: this nation isn't your personal playground.  You can take your ball and go home if you want, but the rest of us are still here on the swings,slides, and sandboxes.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: DanTSX on May 08, 2016, 08:59:52 AM
I didn't think you could be anymore unlikable, then you post this. >:(

Seriously, pop-gun?  Fly by night (or by day, whatever) away from here!!

NowhereInTime

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 08, 2016, 08:48:24 AM

NiT! you ol` proggie, you! Come here and give me a man hug!

What up brother??  Hugs all around!  I'll start on the left...

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 08, 2016, 09:46:17 AM

Hey NiT, it`s all good, homie. You`re so far left, you`re coming back around to the rights side. ;D

Good to see ya still fightin` like warrior poet .

NowhereInTime

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 07, 2016, 11:56:54 PM

First off, it is exclusionary.

Oh, you got me!!  Way to win the argument!

QuoteHowever, I will put this down as a typo mistake although I wouldn't be surprised if our public education system failed you and you didn't know how to spell the word.

Yeah??  You damn well better dot every "i" and cross every "t" or, by God, I'll...still win arguments without calling attention to grammatical, spelling, and typing errors.  You've been on Bellgab long enough to know that's bottom feeder.

QuoteAs for me being an elitist, you couldn't be further from the truth.

You can honestly type that the very sentence after you trash the public school systems of our country?  No, not at all elitist.

QuoteI'm a nobody with no power whatsoever save for the power over my own life.  Yes, indeed, I am part of the common man.  However, you with your arrogance, sanctimony and ego are typical of the elite.

Nailed by the classic petard: "I-know-you-are..."

QuoteYou have all of the answers and fuck everyone else who doesn't share your opinions.

No, just fuck everyone that rationalizes greed and selfishness and doesn't own it.  Oh, and fuck people who have to fall back on semantics and dismissal because they don't have an intellectual response to their "principles" being challenged.   

starrmtn001

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 07, 2016, 07:59:54 PM
+ I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?  Dammit, I promised myself I wouldn't go right here...
Um . . . I don't get it. ??? :-[

lol these shitstain cruz staffers are really deluded.  I mean I guess you have to be if you are that much of jesus freak

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/republican-officials-donald-trump-marco-rubio-ted-cruz/

They honestly believe that if Foam Party Boy, No holes barred Rubio would have been their VP they could have stopped Trump, which they tried to do.

I wonder who else they tried to get to be Cruztard's VP before Fiorinia?  She probably isn't feeling too great, now knowing she was like the fifth or sixth choice.

DanTSX

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 08, 2016, 09:46:17 AM

What a let down.  If you were as clever as I thought you were, you would had taken that comment as a compliment. ::). Sad!