paladin1991

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on November 29, 2016, 10:32:59 PM
Art who ..... ?
or
Art ? ...... who cares !

Where you been, Ace?

JesusJuice

This Saturday on Somewhere In Time With Art Bell:

>6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 6/3/97 for an Open Lines search for a practicing witch. Who called in was the legendary (and late) Evelyn Paglini who became the show's witchcraft expert for many years.

dan7800

I can't even listen to old Art shows. For shame.

Tricky-D

Art Bell and his wife sue Michael Savage and Westwood One for defamation.

Bell says Westwood should’ve hit the dump button on his September 25 show, when Savage allegedly said this â€" “You say ‘UFOs’ [on a radio show], you wind up in the Philippines with a ten-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years...That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business.” Former “Coast to Coast” personality Art Bell says the industry should know his story â€" that he married his wife Airyn Ruiz Bell in the Philippines when she was 22, not 10. The suit says she “has never been a prostitute.” And that the reason he’s “off the radio” is not “because he discussed UFOs or married Ms. Bell.” The couple’s been married ten years and have a daughter, and their suit says they “demanded that defendants make a correction or retraction of the defamatory statement.” But neither was forthcoming. The named defendants in the suit filed in federal court are Michael Alan Weiner, known professionally as Michael Savage. Syndicator Westwood One. And its parent Cumulus. The Bells are suing in the Bay Area because Savage is based there.

The Bells admit that Michael Savage didn’t mention their names.

But their defamation suit says “a listener of the program would understand” that Art Bell was the subject of the gibe about marrying “a 10-year-old hooker” in the Philippines and as a result being off the air. Savage didn’t launch his September 25 routine talking about another talk-show host. He wandered there, while musing about the topics he usually eschews â€" “I generally avoid gun questions. I know from the first day in radio. I learned you never do certain topics where you can destroy your show. Third rail...You say ‘UFOs,’ you wind up in the Philippines” â€" and you know the rest. The Bell suit alleges that “Cumulus and Westwood failed to exercise due care and adhere to standard radio broadcast industry practice, by not utilizing the delay button.” The suit then covers the legal ground for defamation â€" “reckless disregard for the truth” and “cognition that such broadcast would defame and disparage plaintiffs.” Art was inducted into the Chicago-based National Radio Hall of Fame in 2008, after ending his 19-year stint as full-time host of “Coast to Coast AM.” He did some guest-hosting after that, then returned in Summer 2015 with his own “Midnight in the Desert.” He says he halted that show after receiving a death threat. The Bells’ lawsuit was filed by the L.A.-based Gerard Fox Law P.C.

Source:  http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=78b390ff9f5b002e3f050238c&id=5d1570be71&e=f696fcad34

paladin1991

Quote from: Tricky-D on December 02, 2016, 11:04:04 AM

Bell says Westwood should’ve hit the dump button on his September 25 show, when Savage allegedly said this â€" “You say ‘UFOs’ [on a radio show], you wind up in the Philippines with a ten-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years...That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business.” Former “Coast to Coast” personality Art Bell says the industry should know his story â€" that he married his wife Airyn Ruiz Bell in the Philippines when she was 22, not 10. The suit says she “has never been a prostitute.” And that the reason he’s “off the radio” is not “because he discussed UFOs or married Ms. Bell.” The couple’s been married ten years and have a daughter, and their suit says they “demanded that defendants make a correction or retraction of the defamatory statement.” But neither was forthcoming. The named defendants in the suit filed in federal court are Michael Alan Weiner, known professionally as Michael Savage. Syndicator Westwood One. And its parent Cumulus. The Bells are suing in the Bay Area because Savage is based there.

But their defamation suit says “a listener of the program would understand” that Art Bell was the subject of the gibe about marrying “a 10-year-old hooker” in the Philippines and as a result being off the air. Savage didn’t launch his September 25 routine talking about another talk-show host. He wandered there, while musing about the topics he usually eschews â€" “I generally avoid gun questions. I know from the first day in radio. I learned you never do certain topics where you can destroy your show. Third rail...You say ‘UFOs,’ you wind up in the Philippines” â€" and you know the rest. The Bell suit alleges that “Cumulus and Westwood failed to exercise due care and adhere to standard radio broadcast industry practice, by not utilizing the delay button.” The suit then covers the legal ground for defamation â€" “reckless disregard for the truth” and “cognition that such broadcast would defame and disparage plaintiffs.” Art was inducted into the Chicago-based National Radio Hall of Fame in 2008, after ending his 19-year stint as full-time host of “Coast to Coast AM.” He did some guest-hosting after that, then returned in Summer 2015 with his own “Midnight in the Desert.” He says he halted that show after receiving a death threat. The Bells’ lawsuit was filed by the L.A.-based Gerard Fox Law P.C.

Source:  http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=78b390ff9f5b002e3f050238c&id=5d1570be71&e=f696fcad34

Well, I am glad to see that ART is protecting and taking care of his this wife and child.

ItsOver

Art Bell and his wife sue Michael Savage and Westwood One for defamation....

Gee, I hope this activity doesn't get Art's stalker's attention and stir him up again.  ::)

What a special little snowflake. Emphasis on the 'flake'.

ItsOver

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 02, 2016, 11:49:15 AM
What a special little snowflake. Emphasis on the 'flake'.
It's interesting that Mr. Bell doesn't mind being known as a "quitter."  It's hard to fight the truth.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on December 02, 2016, 12:09:28 PM
It's interesting that Mr. Bell doesn't mind being known as a "quitter."  It's hard to fight the truth.

Are you trying to guilt Art into a New Year's show? lol

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on December 02, 2016, 11:31:05 AM
Gee, I hope this activity doesn't get Art's stalker's attention and stir him up again.  ::)

Be interesting if (as defence lawyers are wont to do) the stalker episode is brought up in a slander civil action.

albrecht

I wonder if he is using the same lawyer or firm as last time? Is he going thinking of a quick settlement or really wants this to go to trial? His name wasn't even used and I'll bet Weiner, Westwood One, and Cumulous have deeper (leveraged) pockets and lawyers than Gunderson or WWCR.

ItsOver

Quote from: Chefist on December 02, 2016, 12:10:33 PM
I don't think it's possible to guilt Mr. Bell into much of anything, Che. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 02, 2016, 12:11:56 PM
Be interesting if (as defence lawyers are wont to do) the stalker episode is brought up in a slander civil action.
Hehehe.  All is fair...

chefist

I've known people in my career that were very litigious, just like Art appears to be.

They were never good at business...

Jackstar

their defamation suit says “a listener of the program would understand” that Art Bell was the subject of the gibe

Quote from: Jackstar on December 26, 2015, 04:40:09 PM
Bell comes back thrice before next Christmas.

A peruser of this forum would understand that this counts as number two. T minus three weeks and counting!

Jackstar

Quote from: Chefist on December 02, 2016, 12:10:33 PM

I predict Bell will blow off Christmas and show up on New Year's, just to spite me.

PaulAtreides

"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism." - See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/160340/art-and-airyn-bell-sue-michael-savage-for-defamati#sthash.1VH304CT.dpuf

ItsOver

Quote from: Chefist on December 02, 2016, 12:36:00 PM
I've known people in my career that were very litigious, just like Art appears to be.

Agreed.  It's usually not very practical.

"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting

ItsOver

Quote from: PaulAtreides on December 02, 2016, 12:43:58 PM
"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption AND TERMINATION of his radio broadcasting AGAIN ...
What Mr. Bell really meant to say.

RoseGirl

Good for Art. People shouldn't be allowed to broadcast or publish things that effect your life or destroy your reputation just because they think it's fun. It's not fun...it's just ugly. And damaging.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 02, 2016, 12:58:21 PM

Good for Art. People shouldn't be allowed to broadcast or publish things that effect your life or destroy your reputation just because they think it's fun. It's not fun...it's just ugly. And damaging.

Quite so: accusations towards another about fisting for example are beneath contempt.

Don't you agree? As one cynical git to another, who just happens to make a living from selling bullshit woo woo masquarading as 'help'.

Quote from: Chefist on December 02, 2016, 12:36:00 PM

Nobody is more litigious than Trump. Just a thought.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/01/donald-trump-lawsuits-legal-battles/84995854/

Jackstar

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 03, 2013, 03:16:37 AM
What amazes me is Art can conduct an interview with anyone, on any topic;

I'll take "Weather Control, False Flags, and Famous Asian Eugenicists" for $500, Alex.

Jackstar

"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers,"

ItsOver

So we can expect Mr. Bell back on BG any day now, asking for help.  Get ready Chefist and Jazmunda.  Calling Jazmunda, calling, Jaz...come in, Jaz.

paladin1991

"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism." - See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/160340/art-and-airyn-bell-sue-michael-savage-for-defamati#sthash.1VH304CT.dpuf

WTF?  The only hindrance seems to be  the stalker.   Maybe ART should sue the stalker.

ItsOver

Maybe this guy's the stalker. ;)

#IBlameMichael

MV/Liberace!

haha, man.  wow.