• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Nick el Ass

I had never bothered to look at the Mar One site. It seems like they just picked people that include interests like "love of comics," and whatnot because I think any rational person might think twice about embarking on such a trip.

However, for every couple of people like that there is one like Oscar.

"I’m Oscar, and I would like to explore the vastness of Mars.  I am a Valedictorian, an Eagle Scout, an AF Academy grad, a licensed pilot and a Nuclear Engineer on Naval reactors as a civilian.  As a Navy Reservist, I am a Flight Test Engineer at NAS Pax River.  During my Masters in Aerospace, I completed research at NASA Ames leading to a thesis concerning aeolian dune formation by particle saltation on Saturn’s moon, Titan.  Recently, I have earned candidacy for the Aerospace Ph.D. program at Old Dominion University (ODU) in Norfolk, VA and plan to focus on space and habitat radiation shielding.  In my spare time, I cycle, SCUBA, and build 3D printers/UAV’s.  Join me on a Beautiful New World?"

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 12:17:01 PM
I really liked the answer about sending a neutral person with a video camera, BUT these days people do not believe any pictures or video of UFOs or Bigfoot or for that matter that we went to the Moon.

Art
Then just use the "Chronovisor" device.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on March 02, 2015, 05:05:11 PM
And that is why our society is doomed. If Kim Kardashian said she wanted to go into Space then E! would make it happen in a heart beat. If this were to eventuate I hope she is sent up in space with HAL.

Do you know how much fuel it would take to lift THAT into orbit yet alone deep space?

phrodo

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 02, 2015, 05:06:59 PM
Expect more HITS now on BELLGAB.

MV is gonna owe Art another plug for his new show.

jazmunda

I hope MV is sending Art a little piece of the Adsense action.

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 04:46:16 PM
I was looking through a list on the mars-one page. I hope they are not the candidates because if so, they are in trouble. Who needs scientists, engineers, brain cells? They have a photographer with a mo-hawk and a nineteen year old girl who once drew spaceships when she was eight years old. But my favorite is Dr. Laura, who is an ER doctor. I respect that, but then I read her bio-
"I’ll say anything to your face that I’ll say behind your back (although I might say it a bit nicer). I can’t decide what I want invented most: instant elsewhere booth, faster-than-light drive, or a replicator so I can wear my favorite cargo pants every day without ever doing laundry. {SQUIRREL!} My superpower is I can sleep soundly anywhere, anytime.
edit-evidently, they are also filming the Mars finalists for a reality tv show. This cannot fail...

Is that {SQUIRREL!} thing of hers a nervous twitch?  Yeah, she'll last six months locked in a tin can with five other people.

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 01:10:00 PM
That's the reason for the question, I think much is in question, it was over 2000 Years ago and what texts we do have include the observations and perhaps opinions of those who observed. As I have always said it sure would be my destination in Time.

Art
Coincidentally, Noory has said on air many times he would also pick that destination to time travel, to see Jesus in person...  8)

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on March 02, 2015, 05:09:51 PM
Do you know how much fuel it would take to lift THAT into orbit yet alone deep space?

Touche.

If we rid the world of that menace I will contribute. I'll triple it if her husband is along for the ride.

Morgus

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 02, 2015, 01:29:32 PM
I'd like to go back a bit further and see who built the Sphinx.
Yes indeed and also the Great Pyramids and how they were really built, probably with anti-gravity...
Wonder what the Great Sphinx's head looked like originally too, probably around 12,000 years ago?

Art Bell

Just plugged you all on FB

Art

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on March 02, 2015, 05:11:49 PM
Touche.

If we rid the world of that menace I will contribute. I'll triple it if her husband is along for the ride.

I blame Ryan Seacrest for the whole mess.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 02, 2015, 05:10:19 PM
Is that {SQUIRREL!} thing of hers a nervous twitch?  Yeah, she'll last six months locked in a tin can with five other people.

Sounds like she suffers from tourettes, and is possibly narcoleptic too.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 05:13:14 PM

Art

In the words of Elvis. Thank you, thank you very much.

ks3484

Quote from: DesertFox on March 02, 2015, 03:48:45 PM

Art--you should check out 12 Monkeys on the SYFY Channel...it's a pretty good show on the complexities of time travel.

He's seen it already.....years ago. He talked about it on-air one night.

Quote from: Paul on March 02, 2015, 05:09:51 PM

Enough to start a planetary forest fire

Morgus

Quote from: ks3484 on March 02, 2015, 05:15:48 PM
Thats the old movie, the new TV series 12 Monkeys (Friday nights on SyFy)  is more complicated including alternate timelines...

Art

This is becoming serious in its nature.

I should get dressed in more presentable attire.  I don't think boxers and a MEGADETH concert shirt are quite adequate.

DesertFox

Quote from: ks3484 on March 02, 2015, 05:15:48 PM

No--I mean they have made it a TV series now.  It's entertaining and gets heavily into time tripping.

DesertFox

Art

Mind your language everyone...Art has invited the straights over!  Be nice, don't bite.

elbee

I agree, it would be a great destination, but, you may trigger WWIII

Islam would be outraged if Jesus was filmed resurrected.

DesertFox

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 02, 2015, 05:17:07 PM
Enough to start a planetary forest fire

Imagine what would happen with a fart here--could decimate the planet...hey didn't Dr. Doom predict that?  The kill shot.

Heather Wade

Art

You're the man, man.  Thank you!!!   ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

paladin1991

Art
thanks brother.  Been plugging you here at work. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 05:13:01 PM
Yes indeed and also the Great Pyramids and how they were really built, probably with anti-gravity...
Wonder what the Great Sphinx's head looked like originally too, probably around 12,000 years ago?

Yes, every time I see a photo of the Sphinx, I ache to see what the face originally looked like.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 02, 2015, 05:09:58 PM
I hope MV is sending Art a little piece of the Adsense action.

Or, at least one of those two packs of Skittles.

bateman

Quote from: El Bee on March 02, 2015, 05:23:28 PM
I agree, it would be a great destination, but, you may trigger WWIII

Islam would be outraged if Jesus was filmed resurrected.

When are they not?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: DesertFox on March 02, 2015, 05:27:09 PM

Imagine what would happen with a fart here--could decimate the planet...hey didn't Dr. Doom predict that?  The kill shot.

The question is could a fart in either direction cause the Earth's rotation to change... and thus send us forward, or backward in time like in Superman?

bateman

Quote38 Members and 342 Guests are viewing this topic.

Damn.  :o

Art, if you ever interview that physicist who is trying to build a time machine with fricken' laser beams, I've got several questions I was wondering whether you might entertain.  This probably isn't the place, but then again who on this site ever stood by convention?

Now, I used to believe in retrograde time travel -- even became obsessed with it.  I convinced myself I was going to travel to the past and fix all my problems.  I've since discounted retrograde time travel for a number of reasons, most of which I'll leave for another time.

This physicist fellow posits that he can build a capsule which uses the gravitational field of lasers to reverse the flow of time within the capsule.  My questions:

1)  Does this work on the principle of gravitational frame dragging?

2)  If it does, where will the energy come from?  The effect is so small we have as yet been unable to measure Earth's frame dragging effect using a satellite built for that purpose.  This means that if you took the entire mass of the Earth and converted it into light energy, by E=mc^2, we could still not detect the gravitational frame dragging effect of that light from orbit.  How much energy will it take to power these fricken' laser beams?

3)  If your great grandson stepped into the time machine 100 years into the future and stepped out the moment you turned it on, does that mean the time machine is occupied that entire time?  So if you stuck a camera inside, would you see you great grandson in stasis for the next 100 years?  Does that make this a one-use only device?

4)  If the above is true, does that establish a continuity of time?  In other words, your great grandson cannot possibly step out into an alternative timeline because his presence can be continuously documented in this one?

5)  If we've established a single, continuous timeline, what happens if your great grandson steps out of the time machine the moment it is turned on, takes a sledge hammer, and destroys it killing himself inside?

6)  If you want funding for this project, could you design it to merely slow time down and market it as a stasis chamber for missions to Mars?

Thank you for your consideration.