George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

K_Dubb

Quote from: trostol on July 04, 2015, 12:28:57 AM
lol Dave says he evolved the show...sounded liek a shot at Art too

Yes funny he was asked to interview a woman who claimed to have "relations" -- his word -- with a reptilian and when he questioned it was told "that's what we do".  He did the interview but in a post-9/11 world had to change the show.  His tone was decidedly squeamish.  So there's Dave's bête noire:  lizard sex.

I used to think George might be a nice guy, but now it all sounds so fake.  I don't usually get agitated listening to him, but tonight every time he says something I hear the subtext or the faking and think "what a dick!"

Quote from: trostol on July 04, 2015, 12:28:57 AM
lol Dave says he evolved the show...sounded liek a shot at Art too

Devolved would be the proper term. As I see Eisenstein has already said.

trostol

lol thats like just now..emails about too much paranormal or too much this...people want more real stuff like Jade helm..which would be fine and good if it wasnt for the fact that most of his stuff is new age crap

SaucyRossy

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2015, 12:36:55 AM
Yes funny he was asked to interview a woman who claimed to have "relations" -- his word -- with a reptilian and when he questioned it was told "that's what we do".  He did the interview but in a post-9/11 world had to change the show.  His tone was decidedly squeamish.  So there's Dave's bête noire:  lizard sex.

Art would've opened a special line for people to call in to tell their stories about reptillian sexual encounters

K_Dubb

He's just seriously out of his depth.  He's getting schooled in journalism now -- how to tell hoaxes from real stories.  The guest gives helpful tips on primary sources and witnesses:  did anyone see the woman and the reptilian together? Hahaha so this is how he's posturing himself -- Art's debut is the proverbial elephant in this whole discussion.  On the one hand there's credulous Art peddling batboy, and on the other, hard-nosed, hard-news Dave.

trostol

his other great line tonight has been his show is all about the truth and getting to the bottom line..well stone cold says the bottom line isnt having the same fraud on over and over

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 04, 2015, 12:32:37 AM
George just described his (could I call it disgust?) from when he started the program and had to interview a lady who slept with Reptilians, explaining that he came from a news background.  He said he didn't think he could do that and it sounded like he nearly refused.  He went on to say "You can't always do the far out things.  Sometimes you have to do real stuff."

I don't think George has done a real thing since he started on C2C, but it says a lot about what he thinks of his own program.  He doesn't think it's real and he's not interested in it, but hell he's getting a cheque.

Exactly.  The dude obviously would rather be spinning drive-time oldies and doing Paul Harvey "Rest of the Story" type bits.  In spite of claiming how much he likes two Twilight Zone episodes he really has no interest in paranormal topics and chokes back his contempt every nite.  Sometimes it bleeds through when he gets smug with the guests but mostly it comes out from his general detachment and disinterest.

zeebo

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2015, 12:36:55 AM

The guest asserted that regarding the story of with the woman having a reptillian tryst, he'd follow-up by trying to find witnesses - and I'm like Hey just because she's into reptoids it doesn't mean she's some kind of exhibitionist.

Quote from: zeebo on July 04, 2015, 12:54:14 AM
The guest asserted that regarding the story of with the woman having a reptillian tryst, he'd follow-up by trying to find witnesses - and I'm like Hey just because she's into reptoids it doesn't mean she's some kind of exhibitionist.

;D

I like how George made a point of explaining he knew of AC/DC since the '70s when they first came out, and that he spent a bunch of time studying up on them before the interview last night.  He really does care what we think  :).

K_Dubb

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 04, 2015, 12:48:30 AM

Art would've opened a special line for people to call in to tell their stories about reptillian sexual encounters

Yes! God bless him, bring on the freak show.

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 03, 2015, 11:45:51 PM
Ah, this is pathetic.  George mentioned two or three times how the escaped New York convicts were 'on the lam' and went on at length about how he hoped they would be caught.  The guest had to explain that one was dead and the other was caught, which was big news a few days ago.  Absolutely no reaction from George, who just went on to the next question.  Then, afterwards George becomes an expert on it "...yeah they were holed up in that cabin there close to the Canadian border when they were caught, but gawsh it sure took them a long time didn't it?"
You ALMOST make me want to tune in just to hear this little bit of stupidity.  Why am I not surprised that Jorch goes from having no clue it occurred to being an expert? 

Dateline

Knock knock
Who's there?
GN, GN Who
George Norry at 1:32.

There was a marsupial visitor today.

Dateline

Quote from: trostol on July 04, 2015, 12:49:59 AM
his other great line tonight has been his show is all about the truth and getting to the bottom line..well stone cold says the bottom line isnt having the same fraud on over and over

To find the truth,  you have to first tell the truth, and you are striking out.

ItsOver

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 04, 2015, 12:57:03 AM
I like how George made a point of explaining he knew of AC/DC since the '70s when they first came out, and that he spent a bunch of time studying up on them before the interview last night.  He really does care what we think  :).
Good boy, Jorchy!  We'll put a silver star on the fridge for you.

Again with "we are not a political show."  Yet you encourage people to call about political issues and have guests on who are political hacks.

NEWSFLASH: Noorie just said he's not qualified to be President.

No shit, Sherlock.

ADG12311990

Quote from: Northern Nights on July 04, 2015, 01:35:54 AM
NEWSFLASH: Noorie just said he's not qualified to be President.

No shit, Sherlock.

List of things Dave isn't qualified for.

1) Host of Coast to Coast AM
2) King of Late Night Radio
3) King of anything
4) Making or eating Pizza Rolls
5) Posting on Internet forums
6) To lead anything.
7) Correct spelling and grammer

Anything else? ;)

136 or 142

Caller mentions regular callers to Coast.  Conan O'Brien has more viewers than George has listeners:

https://youtu.be/7HLw4ggX68I

At 2:00 approximately for those who don't want to see the entire thing.

136 or 142

My understanding is that the vast majority of the people who are renouncing their U.S citizenship are people who work overseas who don't like paying U.S taxes.  I believe the U.S is the only country in the world, or one of two countries, that tax citizens who don't live locally.

136 or 142

Quote from: ADG12311990 on July 04, 2015, 01:48:53 AM

3) King of anything
6) To lead anything.

Anything else? ;)

8.To comment on global warming.
9.To comment on coincidences.
10.To comment on the big bang.
11.To comment on vaccines.

Juan Cena

Quote from: 136 or 142 on July 04, 2015, 02:01:47 AM

8.To comment on global warming.
9.To comment on coincidences.
10.To comment on the big bang.
11.To comment on vaccines.

12. To comment on evolution.
13. To interview an "expert" on AC/DC

CornyCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 04, 2015, 01:32:22 AM
Again with "we are not a political show."  Yet you encourage people to call about political issues and have guests on who are political hacks.
Yeah, it is the political hacks and the 'praise Jesus' crowd.  Really turn me off.  Tonight's show is so boring that I just shut it off and came here.  Dave has too many mental cases calling in, too.  Art would often have some fun with them. 

Oh, tonight some guy called and mentioned a series of other callers by name and what they called about.  Dave sounded worried when he made a comment like, 'You remember them all, don't you?'  It made me think that Dave hired those paid actors to call in and was fearful of being found out.   

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on July 04, 2015, 12:15:21 AM
Heh, heh. Yeah I was thinking someone should call in as Mike Hunt. I bet Al Coholic, Ben Dover, and Phil Mizass would get through too. Too bad Jorch wouldn't give the same responses as Red on the classic Tube Bar Tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFw94GovgAk&index=8&list=PLopySCGzRCrXmRWUZZ4asgLnPEj6LbjGk
Ah...am gonna dig up ya mudders bone and...!!!!

starrmtn001

The only thing to evolve on c2c is gn's level of panic.  I could clearly hear it in his voice and oratory tonight.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ADG12311990 on July 04, 2015, 01:48:53 AM

3) King of anything
6) To lead anything.

Anything else? ;)
Yes...everything else!!! He is a complete dolt.

Quote from: Juan Cena on July 04, 2015, 02:14:33 AM

12. To comment on evolution.
13. To interview an "expert" on AC/DC

14. To research the origins of oil and assess the likelihood of abiotic oil.
15. To research.

Scully

Let me just sum all this up in a nutshell ... Tonight GN really, really, really sucked.  :P

Purple hearts to any of you who made it through the whole show.  He lost me soon after he solemnly assured everyone that we will never hear anything but the "truth" on any Coast show, with the only exception being April Fool's Day.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: chefist on July 03, 2015, 10:36:25 PM
oh yea! I think Bateman played that on a Gabcast...Goatsy the cat...OMG too much...I think you could get "Seymour Butts" past Dave...

How  about Heywood Jablowme?