• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150728 - Richard Dolan - UFOs - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 28, 2015, 09:57:28 PM

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on July 28, 2015, 11:44:58 PM
Oxygene 4

May that was far out to hear ... really brings back some memories that one.  I think actually someone had suggested it on our bellgab bumper music thread.  I wonder if Art picked it up from that.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on July 28, 2015, 11:55:22 PM
May that was far out to hear ... really brings back some memories that one.  I think actually someone had suggested it on our bellgab bumper music thread.  I wonder if Art picked it up from that.

sunno but it such an awesome tune to just kinda..chill out to

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: sydtron on July 28, 2015, 11:54:39 PM
The white dove flies south at Midnight.

That's fine I could use the exercise. 7 14 19.5 3 8 2.

coaster

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 28, 2015, 11:54:19 PM
Yeah, and being in Mexico it's much easier for them to cook the books and claim they made no money and there are little to no options for people to get refunds thru legal means.

Pretty fng brilliant, sort of a super villain level con.
Someone should call in and ask him if those figures are right and if he got a cut. Haha

saucerlike

I'm ready to open the lines...  I want someone to let lose about the slides scam.  Shit is ridiculous.

sydtron

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 28, 2015, 11:56:54 PM

Mom has a pie in the oven.
Won't you please have some cake?

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 28, 2015, 11:54:04 PM
I believe that the phenomena is very real. However, the 1950's B Movie "aliens from another planet" explanation just doesn't seem true. When you study this deeply, you find out that people who see UFOs often also have other paranormal experiences such as poltergeist activity in their homes, seeing shadow people, elves, and many other bizarre things. I know that Stanton Friedman is a die-hard nuts & bolts guy who believes this is aliens from another planet. But I tend to support the TRICKSTER theory. This phenomena may originate from Earth itself. Maybe it changes shape with the times. In the Middle Ages, people claimed to see battles over their heads, and angels with wings flying overhead. Now we see disks and triangles.

This is similar to the Interdimensional hypothesis and the Cryptoterrestrial hypothesis, versus Friedman's strict adherence to the Extraterrestrial hypothesis. Jacques Vallee was a major advocate of the Interdimensional entity theory.

Coz

Quote from: zeebo on July 28, 2015, 11:54:14 PM
Yep I'm likewise doing AAC stream (on Foobar2000).  It really sounds great.  I do look forward to some classic shortwave ambience at some point though.   ;)

Yea.. if propagation is good, or you are close-ish to the station there's nothing more interesting. Gotta have some serious filters to pull the signal out here in Michigan on some nights.

Xitheron

I predict open lines coming right up after break.

Claudius

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 28, 2015, 11:56:54 PM
Left my one time pad in my other Italian silk suit, dang!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: sydtron on July 28, 2015, 11:58:13 PM
Mom has a pie in the oven.
Won't you please have some cake?

Thank you yes, can you please direct me to the airport? The moustache gets the Grecian formula at midnight.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: coaster on July 28, 2015, 11:58:05 PM
Someone should call in and ask him if those figures are right and if he got a cut. Haha

He probably got an appearance fee.

He wasn't really the mastermind behind that fraud.

zeebo

Quote from: saucerlike on July 28, 2015, 11:58:06 PM
I'm ready to open the lines...  I want someone to let lose about the slides scam.  Shit is ridiculous.

He sounded annoyed it already came up once.  So yeah, what the heck, kick up the annoyance factor and see what happens.   ;D

flimflam384

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 28, 2015, 11:54:04 PM
I believe that the phenomena is very real. However, the 1950's B Movie "aliens from another planet" explanation just doesn't seem true. When you study this deeply, you find out that people who see UFOs often also have other paranormal experiences such as poltergeist activity in their homes, seeing shadow people, elves, and many other bizarre things. I know that Stanton Friedman is a die-hard nuts & bolts guy who believes this is aliens from another planet. But I tend to support the TRICKSTER theory. This phenomena may originate from Earth itself. Maybe it changes shape with the times. In the Middle Ages, people claimed to see battles over their heads, and angels with wings flying overhead. Now we see disks and triangles.

It doesn't take much to make a human hallucinate.  Even sleep deprivation can make a completely sane person's brain do some unexpected things.  The lack of empirical evidence is telling.

The Trickster Theory sounds interesting though.  Along the lines of the idea that humanity wasn't the first intelligence to evolve in the solar system?

sydtron

Quote from: Coz on July 28, 2015, 11:58:54 PM
Yea.. if propagation is good, or you are close-ish to the station there's nothing more interesting. Gotta have some serious filters to pull the signal out here in Michigan on some nights.

I'm in north central Indiana.  The 40m station was more clear than 5.085

But I could be in the skip zone. 
KD9BWU

AppealPlay

Claudius

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 29, 2015, 12:00:02 AM
Thank you yes, can you please direct me to the airport? The moustache gets the Grecian formula at midnight.
Hmm sounds like one of us is a spook and the other three are honeypots....

Luna

I'm an Arctic Native btw. Yupik Eskimo to be exact. I've heard of Chagga maybe once in passing, referancing a medicinal plants conference. Just cut back on the meat and eat more greens and you will reap amazing benefits. 😑

Claudius

lol who wants to call in and bash this guy to pieces.

zeebo

Quote from: Coz on July 28, 2015, 11:58:54 PM

Extra points if during the breaks you can tune in a Numbers Station.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: UnfamiliarWind on July 28, 2015, 11:58:18 PM
This is similar to the Interdimensional hypothesis and the Cryptoterrestrial hypothesis, versus Friedman's strict adherence to the Extraterrestrial hypothesis. Jacques Vallee was a major advocate of the Interdimensional entity theory.

I admit that Jacques Vallee has had a huge impact on my view on the topic, along with George Hanson.

flimflam384

Art translation: "Sometimes the story is such BS I'd rather just listen to Loreena McKinitt"

Spinner

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on July 28, 2015, 11:55:59 PM
This has been a stupendous show!
Richard Dolan is always an interesting guest, and as you know Art makes everything better. :)

sydtron

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 29, 2015, 12:00:02 AM

My hovercraft is full of eels!  Bouncy bouncy

Northcoaster

Has anyone here managed to get on the air yet?

Steven.G

Let's get some good callers on there! If I was not at work I would call again.