• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

expat

Comfort yourselves with the knowledge that Andy Murray came back from 2 sets down, and my review sort-of trashed both the C2C show and the web page.

I posted this on the george sucks thread (there's so many george sucks threads, i know) and thought i'd put it over here... RCH is so awful...

RCH told George to go to commercial!! I laughed sooo hard

and the minute RCH hung up (i'm guessing he hung up??) George immediately gave out the numbers for open lines... such a retarded pissing contest... Why would George put up with this? Even a small physically disabled child will eventually tell a bully to stop pushing him...  and then i realized... they all go to the same conferences... george is always going to some city, getting paid god knows how much to moderate a panel or some shit with RCH also in attendance... to much money to give up (sorry if i'm coming late to this revelation)

coaster

I'm listening to last nights show and Hoagland said his torsion field is the exact same thing as "the force" from star wars.

astroguy

I'm listening now, too, and the "Å"ther" thing really isn't that far out for Richard.  Used to be what we thought permeated all of space and was the medium through which light travels.  Proven not to by the Michaelson-Morley experiment in the 1880s.  Richard's just resurrecting it as part of his hyperdimensional torsion crap.

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on July 03, 2013, 07:14:50 PM
I'm listening to last nights show and Hoagland said his torsion field is the exact same thing as "the force" from star wars.

In other words, it's Bravo Sierra.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: coaster on July 03, 2013, 07:14:50 PM

As if we didn't know that! Everyone knows Star Wars is a documentary. At least those who have the same access to exotic herbs that Hoagland does.

how many suckers truth-seekers does it take to sign up for one of his fact-finding trips/cruises before RCH gets to travel for free?

onan

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 04, 2013, 09:28:34 AM
how many suckers truth-seekers does it take to sign up for one of his fact-finding trips/cruises before RCH gets to travel for free?

I don't think it is a high number... I used to work with a woman that paid for all her trips by organizing family reunions. And if I remember she got the freebie at around 20 others signing up. Now for hoagland it may be more due to some level of extravagance.

expat

In the latest Hoagathon he said he and Robin have been invited to Bosnia to put the wacky-acky to work on a pyramid. I assume that means travel & expenses paid.

I think I have a basic disagreement with Hoagland over the meaning of the word "documentation". Call me silly, but I don't think it means pulling your 'facts' out of your ass.

And Bill ... what is he, the new co-host? 'If only he didn't have OCD, he'd had Hoagland's job as a curator', or so he claims. On the other hand, it's kind of satisfying that the two are now and forever linked in my mind.

Lunger

Quote from: expat on July 04, 2013, 10:32:48 AM
In the latest Hoagathon he said he and Robin have been invited to Bosnia to put the wacky-acky to work on a pyramid. I assume that means travel & expenses paid.

The Bosnian Pyramid looks pretty cool, and if you can believe the press pretty interesting.  Sending Hoagland there would set the work on it back a few decades.

awake

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2013, 04:06:04 AM

As if we didn't know that! Everyone knows Star Wars is a documentary. At least those who have the same access to exotic herbs that Hoagland does.

I thought "John Carter" was the doc  ;)

b_dubb

Quote from: awake on July 05, 2013, 09:16:57 AM

I thought "John Carter" was the doc  ;)
they're all docs. I'm a cylon. you're a pod person. Nbiru is the Death Star. we're Alderaan. MV is Grand Moff Tarkin.

any questions?

George49

Hoagie was awful the other night. He can not stay on topic, he goes off on hundreds of different tangents when Noory asks him a question. Its best if Hoagie doesn't return. It was right for Noory to give him another chance, but he should not be back on the air again. He offers nothing.

Morgus

Quote from: George49 on July 05, 2013, 11:52:17 AM
Hoagie was awful the other night. He can not stay on topic, he goes off on hundreds of different tangents when Noory asks him a question. Its best if Hoagie doesn't return. It was right for Noory to give him another chance, but he should not be back on the air again. He offers nothing.
but thats the same as Hoagland has been for over 10 years on the show, so he will return again frequently since Noory appointed him 'c2cam science advisor'

Quote from: ItsOver on July 05, 2013, 11:26:44 AM
...and Noory is Jar Jar Binks.

Touche! I really did laugh out loud. Good one! He'sa one damn annoying host.

b_dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on July 05, 2013, 11:26:44 AM
...and Noory is Jar Jar Binks.

i set em up.  ItsOver knocks em out of the park.  good one

ItsOver

Ewoks were bad enough.  Binks finished-off any interest I had in Star Wars.  Noory is a similar abomination for C2C.

awake

I'm listening to a 06-05 interview of Dick conducted by Art.  It's quite fun to listen to Art reel RH back in repeatedly, ask follow up questions, call bullshit (sorta') on some of the crazier claims and generally make RH work.  RH tries to run the interview but Art just doesn't allow it.  Art really is an amazing interviewer, the difference between Art and Noory are made very clear.  Anyone who accesses the archived shows will probably enjoy this interview of Hoagland.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on August 02, 2013, 12:51:53 AM
Hyper-D physics
Could be tested with a watch.
So, is Hoagland right?

Episode 82, "How to Design a Hyperdimensional Physics Experiment" has been posted.

Of course he's right goddamit. Why and how can he possibly be wrong? I listened to your podcast Stuart and frankly that science and mathematics part is just mumbo jumbo that "they" want us to swallow..Richard has "astonishing proof" and he's "Painstakingly recorded", erm stuff, that show "Overwhelming confirmation" and "Stunning Physical anomalies"; what more proof do we need? It's all there.

CampsieNP

Didn't listen to the tape, but I can just hear him saying that stuff.
You gotta admit, it is funny.
I wonder if he was kicking a feather or a piano down the street as he was saying it?

b_dubb

If we called NASA and asked them to confirm that Hoagland had worked their in a science related advisor capacity, would they? I wonder if anyone has ever confirmed any of his story

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on August 02, 2013, 02:30:45 PM
If we called NASA and asked them to confirm that Hoagland had worked their in a science related advisor capacity, would they? I wonder if anyone has ever confirmed any of his story

Contacting HR would probably not help. First, it has been more than 3 decades since his supposed employment. Second, there are probably confidentiality issues, and without some reason for asking it would probably be a waste of time.

Sardondi

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 02, 2013, 03:39:56 AM
Of course he's right goddamit. Why and how can he possibly be wrong? I listened to your podcast Stuart and frankly that science and mathematics part is just mumbo jumbo that "they" want us to swallow..Richard has "astonishing proof" and he's "Painstakingly recorded", erm stuff, that show "Overwhelming confirmation" and "Stunning Physical anomalies"; what more proof do we need? It's all there.
Ah, I see you too have broken the Hoagland Adjective/Adverb Code.

"Evidence? Here, let me put an '-ing' suffix on a really spicy word. Proof? How about I add an '-ly' to one of those vigorous-sounding words. Confirmation? Dammit, where is my Thesaurus!" 

Nucky Nolan

I have to be honest. Hoagland bores the crap out of me with his 19.5 this and torsion that. His old spiel on Martian anomalies is still fun, though. I hope that Kaku is Bell's new Hoagland.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sardondi on August 02, 2013, 04:35:56 PM
Ah, I see you too have broken the Hoagland Adjective/Adverb Code.

"Evidence? Here, let me put an '-ing' suffix on a really spicy word. Proof? How about I add an '-ly' to one of those vigorous-sounding words. Confirmation? Dammit, where is my Thesaurus!"

What about throwing "affirmed", "endorsed" and "qualified" into the Hoagictionary?  I would love to say the germ of a parody blog of Hoagisms is growing; but I doubt even the best satirist could do better than he does himself.  ;D

expat

Quote from: b_dubb on August 02, 2013, 02:30:45 PM
He was under contract to NASA GSFC (Goddard) but not in an advisory  capacity. His instructions were to write documentation for the OAO (Orbiting Astronomical Observatory) program. I heard he never turned in any acceptable copy.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.hoagland.1

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2009/02/hoaglands-gsfc-identity-badge.html

(Shame, the image is 404)

He also gave lunchtime talks at two NASA centers at about that same time (Glenn -- then named Lewis -- and Langley, I believe). That would not have been a paying gig, the audiences were employee SIGs.

expat