• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

He is scheduled to be on tomorrow night... how much of a train wreck will it be?

does anyone have any sort of drinking game worked out for when he's on?

If you have to drink every time he lies you'd be passed out in the first segment... m

astroguy

Quote from: The Neverender on July 01, 2013, 04:05:35 PM
He is scheduled to be on tomorrow night... how much of a train wreck will it be?

does anyone have any sort of drinking game worked out for when he's on?

If you have to drink every time he lies you'd be passed out in the first segment... m

The Get-Drunk-Fast-with-Hoagland Game:  1 drink every time he says "amazing," "hyperdimensional," or "model."

onan

If hoagland had spent 1/10th the time going to school he has on his bullshit theories... oh nvm he's a dipshit.

astroguy

I've just uploaded my latest podcast episode ...

John Carter of Mars
And Richard C. Hoagland: An
Int'resting combo.

Episode 79, "Is the Movie "John Carter" a Leak by Those "In the Know?"" has been posted.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on July 01, 2013, 04:47:55 PM

The Get-Drunk-Fast-with-Hoagland Game:  1 drink every time he says "amazing," "hyperdimensional," or "model."

A beer (a pint, Imperial pint 20fl oz) down in one every time he says "stunning" and a whisky chaser after "confirmation"...the fun begins when the participants have to recite the whole sentence but insert (in order) several names of vegetables between each word...if a name is missed or out of order, you have another short, and buy the next round...I'd be bolloxed in no time.

"Geooorggeee (potato) I (carrot) have (radish) stunning (pint and turnip) confirmation (whisky and cabbage) of"...etc.....

Lunger

I am sure I am not telling you anything that you don't already know....

The problem with Richard Hoagland is that he is a terrible communicator.

He talks.

And talks,

And talks,

And talks,

And talks,

And talks,

And talks,

And talks,

And talks, in love with the sound of his own voice...

but never actually says anything.

There is so much sub-text, volumes and volumes of sub text, that by the time anything that resembles a point appears his audience is so lost, or to the point of just not giving a damn any longer.

RCH will always give the 'laying the foundation' excuse, but people don't need three explanations for every mundane item to crop up in the Hoagland foundation.

Crack-pot theories aside, if you can explain something simply you just don't know what you are talking about.

ItsOver

Hoagland reminds me of some mother-in-laws.

expat

Also...

He lies

and lies

and (etc. ad inf)
simple example:

RCH: "How significant that the Port-au-Prince earthquake was at 19.5° latitude"

FACT: It wasn't. It was at 18.5°

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lunger on July 02, 2013, 05:31:51 AM

Crack-pot theories aside, if you can explain something simply you just don't know what you are talking about.

Did you mean can't? The late great Richard Feynman was a firm believer in making the most complex scientific concept understandable to the average layperson. Hoagland is just a mendacious, delusional, arsehole. But I'm sure he has his bad points too.

Lunger

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 02, 2013, 09:08:08 AM

Did you mean can't? The late great Richard Feynman was a firm believer in making the most complex scientific concept understandable to the average layperson. Hoagland is just a mendacious, delusional, arsehole. But I'm sure he has his bad points too.

I did mean *can't*  Sorry!  I couldn't find a way to edit a fix.  wuwt?

Eddie Coyle

His books are useful.

I have Monuments of Mars keeping a window from falling shut, and Dark Mission is blocking a hole where mice can get in the cellar. Thanks, Dick!

awake

I am looking forward to this one, I think this one will be apocalyptically[/size] bad - but in a hilarious way[/font].  I noticed his website is still trumpeting his mars "apartments" and other sundry nonsense.
I usually catch these the next day but I may stay up to hear rch's horseshit live.

b_dubb

have we worked up a pyschological profile of the man yet?  narcissist?  psychopath?  nincompoopified-douchebag?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on July 02, 2013, 01:28:53 PM
have we worked up a pyschological profile of the man yet?  narcissist?  psychopath?  nincompoopified-douchebag?

Whatever the final diagnosis (I'm not a qualified psychiatrist you understand) it will be (ready?) "Astounding confirmation"

I thank you.... Buy my DVD...tell your friends...

Sardondi

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 02, 2013, 02:01:30 AM

A beer (a pint, Imperial pint 20fl oz) down in one every time he says "stunning" and a whisky chaser after "confirmation"...the fun begins when the participants have to recite the whole sentence but insert (in order) several names of vegetables between each word...if a name is missed or out of order, you have another short, and buy the next round...I'd be bolloxed in no time.

"Geooorggeee (potato) I (carrot) have (radish) stunning (pint and turnip) confirmation (whisky and cabbage) of"...etc.....

Ah yes, the "Simple George" drinking game: http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3.msg56725.html#msg56725

ACE of CLUBS

Hoagland and Punnett are very similar in a lot of ways ...... they both talk too much.

'Dick' talks down to everyone ...... he has a superiority complex, or something like it.  Extremely annoying, and if I could, I'd ram my hand into the radio and shove a sock into his 'pie hole' .....

Ian talks around, and around, and around a question. Circling, circling ...... like a 'blue bottle fly' doing a reconnaissance on a dog turd.  Ian just ask the question .... and shut-up to listen to the answer.

Yorkshire pud

I couldn't resist considering the thrust (oh I say) of the thread and RCH.

Talk Talk - Talk Talk

coaster

I caught an old show with Hoagy and Bell last night. He mentioned everything from Star Trek to Twilight Zone. Jurassic Park to some sci-fi movie with Orson Welles. He uses these movies as references for his theories, like they are somehow relevant. Its mind-boggling. He actually mentioned Wayne Knight's role on Jurassic park to explain Nasa's fudging of information. Or something. I was lost. It was the ramblings of a madman.

soo curiosity got the better of me and i wondered over to RCH's web page... to see what he would be ranting about later tonight... should be a good one... more the the collapsed apartment buildings on mars bull... I'd bet anything the words "John Carter" get uttered...

maybe george will even bring up that whole dead rodent supposedly in one of this pics...

Going to be another classic show...  hahah 

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2013, 03:34:23 PM
.....He actually mentioned Wayne Knight's role on Jurassic park to explain Nasa's fudging of information. Or something. I was lost. It was the ramblings of a madman.

Wayne Knight???  Hahahaha... maybe he'll see a hipster doofus wondering around the "collapsed apartments" ::)  on Mars next.

"He's there, George!  Look harder, George!  Cosmo's on Mars!!!"

Hoagland... what a loon.

Juan

According to Hoagland, last night, under his new physics 19.47=19.5.
Seems rather sloppy to me.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 03, 2013, 03:57:05 AM
According to Hoagland, last night, under his new physics 19.47=19.5.
Seems rather sloppy to me.

Near enough if you squint your eyes and imagine it...Pedantry has no place in precision.  ;)

expat

Quote from: The Neverender on July 02, 2013, 08:06:51 PM
maybe george will even bring up that whole dead rodent supposedly in one of this pics...

Dead right, he did. And Hoagland said he thought it was an example of NASA "playing games" with the Mars anomalists. Bloody laugh.

I'll be reviewing the show later today, after Wimbledon.

ziznak

Hoagy did everything we expected except come out with anything new.  Was there supposed to be an announcement cause all I heard was some of the same crap.  His comparison of torsion fields with the force from starwars or the "ether" as he used so many times was kinda new.  I never hear anybody use the word "ether" to describe anything but thin air anymore.  I know back in the day people believed that "ether" was some sort of ghostly or paranormal dimension.  Anymore I only hear "ether" in one phrase.

So you just pulled all of this bullshit out of the ether.

It goes something like that.
looking forward to your review expat... really was hoping somebody would get through to call him out but I don't think thats ever gonna happen again.

Quote from: ziznak on July 03, 2013, 11:15:16 AM
Hoagy did everything we expected except come out with anything new.  Was there supposed to be an announcement cause all I heard was some of the same crap.  His comparison of torsion fields with the force from starwars or the "ether" as he used so many times was kinda new.  I never hear anybody use the word "ether" to describe anything but thin air anymore.  I know back in the day people believed that "ether" was some sort of ghostly or paranormal dimension.  Anymore I only hear "ether" in one phrase.

So you just pulled all of this bullshit out of the ether.

It goes something like that.
looking forward to your review expat... really was hoping somebody would get through to call him out but I don't think thats ever gonna happen again.

I don't know, maybe he enrolled in a freshman literature survey course and heard the term "ether".  You're right, it was used (by the likes of Coleridge, Keats, Shelley & company and others to refer to the metaphysical (ethereal) aspects of life.  Sort of l8ike being of an "ill humor" or being "spleenish".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 03, 2013, 11:39:36 AM
I don't know, maybe he enrolled in a freshman literature survey course and heard the term "ether".  You're right, it was used (by the likes of Coleridge, Keats, Shelley & company and others to refer to the metaphysical (ethereal) aspects of life.  Sort of l8ike being of an "ill humor" or being "spleenish".

It used to be used as an anesthetic too I believe.  Maybe Hoagy boy is sub-consciously making reference to his research? If he's reading this (or one of his close associates) tell him he's close to the mark; The travesty is he makes a living from his bollox.

If you haven't heard it: He's on from about 38 minutes. Be brave, be strong.

Coast To Coast AM - July 02 2013 - July 02 2013 - Mars Discoveries, C2CAM, Richard C. Hoagland

Yorkshire pud

(In reference to the 'face' on Mars).."Isn't that an astonishing image?" 50 minutes in

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH