• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: trostol on November 02, 2015, 01:01:27 PM
might be the first show i actually skip..guy might be great but not sure the topic is getting my interest..but i do like the more..broader range of topics Art is covering
Yep.  I agree.  To do fringe topics and guests you always take a chance, but it's worthwhile.  People tire of the same old stuff. 

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on November 03, 2015, 08:50:31 AM
Saw this FB exchange where supposedly Snoory requested that GA stop calling C2C stations and asking them to replace it with MITD...interesting...
OH.  Well.  George has forever shown himself to be a ~sensitive~ and ~emotional~ man.  I'm gonna guess here that George is worried about all those comments he gets fm station directors, 'Fucking hell, Noory.  If I get just one more, just one more request to replace that thing you call a radio show.....so help me GOD!  Game over for you!'

https://youtu.be/DmPgYsb1jX0

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2015, 09:49:40 PM
I don't know where you live, but gas is about 1.79 here... You must be in California.

Ha yes in California the cheapest I've seen so far is 2.39, and we were rejoicing, almost as much as when that wet stuff from the sky finally paid us a visit yesterday

Last December we went to Katy Texas (though Hobby in Houston which was the most awesome tiny airport I've ever been to) and when I saw gas under 2 bucks I took a picture.

BobGrau

Quote from: chefist on November 03, 2015, 08:50:31 AM
Saw this FB exchange where supposedly Snoory requested that GA stop calling C2C stations and asking them to replace it with MITD...interesting...

I really can't imagine Dave putting that much effort into anything.

chefist

Quote from: BobGrau on November 03, 2015, 11:13:05 AM
I really can't imagine Dave putting that much effort into anything.

Well I think acts like this are his only option...in lieu of actual talent...

ItsOver

Quote from: norland2424 on November 03, 2015, 05:08:46 AM
noory is going to feel betrayed by her again hahaha
Art should play "Lady in Red" and really piss Dave off.

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on November 03, 2015, 11:44:45 AM
Art should play "Lady in Red" and really piss Dave off.

Oh, yes.  That is a signature move on Dave's part, isn't it.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 03, 2015, 11:57:46 AM
Oh, yes.  That is a signature move on Dave's part, isn't it.

Snoory is beyond creepy...

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on November 03, 2015, 12:00:38 PM
Snoory is beyond creepy...
What would make you say that?

TigerLily

LMH tonight! I hope the Telnor tecnicios get their mierda together and fix the internet connection. At least to its normal sub standard level. Viva Mexico.
Actually really nice here except infrastructure pretty dicey

aldousburbank

Quote from: TigerLily on November 03, 2015, 12:29:13 PM
LMH tonight! I hope the Telnor tecnicios get their mierda together and fix the internet connection. At least to its normal sub standard level. Viva Mexico.
Actually really nice here except infrastructure pretty dicey
This tune always reminds of my beloved Mexico:

http://youtu.be/gKZ797AIuwA

trostol

hmmm..9 and a half hours to either gear up to listen to LMH or find something else to do lol..ahh might as well listen..i have to all the other whacky UFO people lol

Quote from: ItsOver on November 03, 2015, 12:06:57 PM
What would make you say that?

Hi George and Tommy, where are your costumes?

TigerLily

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 03, 2015, 01:26:41 PM
This tune always reminds of my beloved Mexico:

Yes Aldous. In so many ways this is the Good Life. Beautiful countryside, gracious people and can't be any more laid back unless you stop breathing

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on November 03, 2015, 02:09:31 PM
Yes Aldous. In so many ways this is the Good Life. Beautiful countryside, gracious people and can't be any more laid back unless you stop breathing
Adopt me?

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 03, 2015, 02:23:16 PM
Adopt me?
:D of course! Paddle your rowboat over here. We actually had some of that weird wet stuff fall from the sky last night. Way overdue

munbeam666

I just found out that my local radio station up here in Eureka will be broadcasting MITD in January
YYYAAAYYY!

DebbyS

Quote from: DynamoHum on November 03, 2015, 05:32:27 AM
I really enjoy LMH ... Not wanting to plug another network, but KGRA has her show Phenomenon Radio on - not sure when it's live, I just catch the reruns at odd times, but it's a good show.

Thursday nights, 8 pm Eastern to 10 pm. However, her cohost has had some health problems (I hope he has improved greatly by now), and of course Linda is always busy investigating something around the world (good thing Albuquerque has an International Airport0, so I suspect it is hard for her to commit to something that happens weekly. It is a show that is free to listen to live, and when KGRA decides to rebroadcast it -- they and many internet-based networks have a problem keeping up-to-date schedules -- listening then is free, too. However, to be sure to get it, one should subscribe... but since there have been few new shows since the broadcast started a few months ago, I don't think it is worth subscribing to yet. One might be better served to subscribe to Linda's website, which is a yearly subscription rather than monthly.

When Phenomenon Radio (her show) is broadcast, they usually do have pretty good guests (Jim Marrs, George Knapp, some famous RV expert) but they do a lot of coverage of the Rendalsham (sp?) Forest UFO case since her cohost, John Burroughs, was part of that.

See http://www.phenomenonradio.com/ which also has some trouble keeping listeners informed with an up-to-date broadcast schedule... but I'm sure they are trying hard to organize things.

AppealPlay

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 03, 2015, 03:36:49 PM
I just found out that my local radio station up here in Eureka will be broadcasting MITD in January
YYYAAAYYY!

California?  Cool!

jazmunda

Art Bell interviews astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on Midnight In The Desert (Hour 1)

https://youtu.be/KwwCZFg0N2w

Please share on social media and such.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2015, 10:08:00 PM
Oh yeah... There is one just down the road from me... Hooter's knockoff. In fact that was a Twin Peaks in Waco where the big biker/cop shootout too place in the spring.
https://www.google.com/search?q=twin+peaks&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fid=0x86409cbef52a2985:0xc35be1695207b304&fpstate=luuv
The Biker shoot-out is an interesting thing, especially because such limited information is being released (even to this day) and some people are still being held and I don't think any trials yet. Of course a chaotic situation and 1% are notorious but still it is a weird deal. A few of the bikers, apparently, lived near me though the city claimed on their patch doesn't exist (at least legally incorporated.) And some of them had a hilarious patch that said "Support Fat Mexican." Haha.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: jazmunda on November 03, 2015, 05:16:49 PM
Art Bell interviews astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on Midnight In The Desert (Hour 1)

https://youtu.be/KwwCZFg0N2w

Please share on social media and such.

What a great show that was. My favorite so far on MITD.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 03, 2015, 06:13:03 PM
What a great show that was. My favorite so far on MITD.

yup..may have taken over Dvorak as my fave show

AppealPlay

What is LMH going to talk about tonight?  More cattle mutilation woo or aliens?  Sounds fun either way. :D

trostol

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 03, 2015, 06:50:30 PM
What is LMH going to talk about tonight?  More cattle mutilation woo or aliens?  Sounds fun either way. :D

my guess is the "megastructure"

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 03, 2015, 06:50:30 PM

On C2C last week she did a segment on KIC 8462852, another on the effects of climate change on ocean currents, and two on an alleged alien abduction.  I don't think she's the type to recycle her pieces though.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: DebbyS on November 03, 2015, 04:34:06 PM
Thursday nights, 8 pm Eastern to 10 pm. However, her cohost has had some health problems (I hope he has improved greatly by now), and of course Linda is always busy investigating something around the world (good thing Albuquerque has an International Airport0, so I suspect it is hard for her to commit to something that happens weekly. It is a show that is free to listen to live, and when KGRA decides to rebroadcast it -- they and many internet-based networks have a problem keeping up-to-date schedules -- listening then is free, too. However, to be sure to get it, one should subscribe... but since there have been few new shows since the broadcast started a few months ago, I don't think it is worth subscribing to yet. One might be better served to subscribe to Linda's website, which is a yearly subscription rather than monthly.

When Phenomenon Radio (her show) is broadcast, they usually do have pretty good guests (Jim Marrs, George Knapp, some famous RV expert) but they do a lot of coverage of the Rendalsham (sp?) Forest UFO case since her cohost, John Burroughs, was part of that.

See http://www.phenomenonradio.com/ which also has some trouble keeping listeners informed with an up-to-date broadcast schedule... but I'm sure they are trying hard to organize things.

I heard a couple of her shows with Burroughs on KGRA, they had a somewhat unusual format.  LMH and Burroughs were not actually on the air together at the same time, it was like they each did their segment independant of the other and they didn't talk to one another directly.  I thought that was rather odd, but eventually quit listening to KGRA after Mack Maloney and Jim Malliard left the station, so I don't know if they kept that format.

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on November 03, 2015, 10:28:12 PM
i foresee another mars special this week for RCH
I'm boycotting that thread, so I posted it here and sent it to Amy