• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

If someone were listening to C2C for first time, what show would you recommend?

Started by nextgen.fm, July 13, 2014, 08:34:32 PM

nextgen.fm

Just curious. :)

I would recommend the show featuring Dallas Thompson who planned to fly inside the Earth through the North Pole with a jetpack.

lmao

I tenderly await your responses, I'm sure there are some veterans here with some great suggestions. :)

dan7800

One with GN and the numbers lady. It can only get better from there.

coaster

I was always fond of the Trumbull County UFO sighting show. Or anything having to do with Area 51. Perhaps Bob Lazar even though hes a dink. Still makes for a good show.

saucerlike

IMO it's Malachi Martin for sure.  I'm due to give that one another listen myself one of these days.

albrecht

Depending on your interests (in no order):
Mel's Hole (various shows including update on a "hole" in New Mexico, I think)

Hollow Earth shows (with Dallas Thompson and one with Jan Lamprecht)

Red Elk (in one show he levitates himself and Art is "impressed". What is awesome is this is RADIO, so anyone could claim levitation.)

Father Malachi Martin interviews (exorcism, priest murders, Vatican II, conspiracy in the Roman church)

Terrence McKenna (psychonaut, hallucinogenics, etc.)

And, of course, if you're into UFOs there are several classics. (John Lear, Bob Lazar, Hoaxland, Streiber, etc)

Interviews: George Carlin, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Crystal Gale, Gordon Lightfoot, etc.

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on July 14, 2014, 06:42:38 PM
since chunga never appeared on c2cam , im guessing pre-chunga.

According to Chunga's revisionist view of history he was at all of those investigations.

dan7800

The SETI interviews with Seth Sushak are probably my favorite. The ones I avoid are anything with RCH, or any of the proven, well known hoaxers like him.

paladin1991

Quote from: nextgen.fm on July 13, 2014, 08:34:32 PM
Just curious. :)

I would recommend the show featuring Dallas Thompson who planned to fly inside the Earth through the North Pole with a jetpack.

lmao

I tenderly await your responses, I'm sure there are some veterans here with some great suggestions. :)
That would be a good one.  I'd like to rec the area 51 flyover where Art lost touch with the  pilot when the jets showed up.  That call was great.

phrodo

The Mel's Hole and Madman Marcum shows are very entertaining -- and another of my favorite guests is David Adair -- because the stories are so fantastic and 'semi-believable' ... basically what Art does best.

WOTR

Quote from: saucerlike on July 14, 2014, 11:06:06 AM
IMO it's Malachi Martin for sure.  I'm due to give that one another listen myself one of these days.

I would agree with that.  I would also say Knapp and the "missing 411" shows (I know, blasphemy!  That was not Art!!!)  The thing is that until Art returns there is no hope for anything new from him- so you are just showing the person what once was (and may never be again.)  With Knapp you are showing them what still is (albeit, only a few times each month.)  You are showing them the best that Coast presently offers and saying that there is a chance for more.

Now, if you just want to show them the past glory then many of the suggestions above with Bell are great.  If you want to show them contrast (and are certain that they will not go into shock from the wild swing) you could play almost any Noory hosted show back to back with Art.  If you want to show them the only host that Coast presently has worth listening to then Knapp is your man...

deadmeow

All good suggestions.  The Knapp 411 missing shows are great as well.  As for the Art shows, I would say any ghost to ghost show, and the John Lear shows are all interesting.

As far as the Chunga bashing on here, it is so funny, but I don't think he exaggerated his past.  When he was on Art's show, I looked at his profile, and his previous/original name was Brett such and such.  If I remember correctly I remember many past GIS shows where Brett's name was mentioned. 

Speaking of GIS,  I would recommend any Art GIS shows as well, and there are many.

b_dubb

i would recommend they turn off the radio before their brain turns to tapioca

diowulf

Any show with Linda Moulton Howe and grab your favorite alcohol. Then take a drink every time she says "mutilation", sheriff", "crop circle", "witness testimony", "abduction" or "cored rectum". Should be feeling pretty good by the 30 minute mark

b_dubb

QK ... I'm not sure they were looking for a way to suicide by alcohol poisoning.

NowhereInTime

Art Bell, "Bugs", with Robert W. Morgan.
Bugs' recounting of shooting sasquatch(es) was as chilling as anything I've ever heard.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2006/01/15 (description of rebroadcast from 2001.)

paladin1991

Quote from: diowulf on July 16, 2014, 01:39:53 PM
Any show with Linda Moulton Howe and grab your favorite alcohol. Then take a drink every time she says "mutilation", sheriff", "crop circle", "witness testimony", "abduction" or "cored rectum". Should be feeling pretty good by the 30 minute mark
Good Lord!  Give a heads up when you've got your humor gun locked and cocked.  My afternoon coffee is all over my screen!

Again.  Fuckin' Bell Gabbers, funniest group of assholes I know.  And I know a looooot  of assholes.

jazmunda

Quote from: someguy on July 16, 2014, 03:46:25 PM
alien in the freezer

Just don't read any information about the guy and it's a very entertaining fictional story.

williedee

Quote from: coaster on July 13, 2014, 09:50:02 PM
I was always fond of the Trumbull County UFO sighting show. Or anything having to do with Area 51. Perhaps Bob Lazar even though hes a dink. Still makes for a good show.

+1 for Trumbull county. I was transfixed by that show the first time I heard it.

Same goes for Bob Lazar, some of his shows were really fun to hear.

diowulf

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 16, 2014, 05:12:37 PM
Good Lord!  Give a heads up when you've got your humor gun locked and cocked.  My afternoon coffee is all over my screen!

Again.  Fuckin' Bell Gabbers, funniest group of assholes I know.  And I know a looooot  of assholes.

Haha -I  was listening to LMH when I wrote it. Pretty sure she covered all those words in 5 mins.  In all seriousness as someone who just discovered C2C about a year and a half ago, I would probably go with either 1) Trumbull or 2) Bob Lazar. Both of these were/are riveting. The Area 51 caller show is great as well.

I enjoy LMH (I know), some of the G2G's, Phoenix Lights, Open Lines, Peter Davenport, physicists (Machu and the white guy), and Seth from SETI. I would say not John Lear or David Adair. They start off great but as the shows go on my bullshit sense started to tingle and I started to have trouble suspending disbelief.

As you an see I tend toward the alien stuff.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: diowulf on July 16, 2014, 01:39:53 PM

I loved the episode where she talked about her weird spiritual trip into the Andes mountains

nextgen.fm

Quote from: diowulf on July 16, 2014, 10:33:38 PM
Haha -I  was listening to LMH when I wrote it. Pretty sure she covered all those words in 5 mins.  In all seriousness as someone who just discovered C2C about a year and a half ago, I would probably go with either 1) Trumbull or 2) Bob Lazar. Both of these were/are riveting. The Area 51 caller show is great as well.

I enjoy LMH (I know), some of the G2G's, Phoenix Lights, Open Lines, Peter Davenport, physicists (Machu and the white guy), and Seth from SETI. I would say not John Lear or David Adair. They start off great but as the shows go on my bullshit sense started to tingle and I started to have trouble suspending disbelief.

As you an see I tend toward the alien stuff.

Yes, like the show a few months ago where John Lear called in claiming to have knowledge of the underground submarine base ?

Depends on what your interests are.  It's hard to listen to a classic Art show about something you're interested in and not love it.

albrecht

Aug 14 1997: Dr. Wendy Lockwood (Atlantis etc) & Mr.Fidget (wow the randomness and the people who showed up.) Art was on his game 100% with good questions, good commentary, and responses to Dr.Lockwood's bizarre, but comprehensive, theories and was great with Mr.Fidget and the random people who got on the pay phone with him. And the callers were good also.

diowulf

Quote from: albrecht on July 24, 2014, 11:18:38 AM
Aug 14 1997: Dr. Wendy Lockwood (Atlantis etc) & Mr.Fidget (wow the randomness and the people who showed up.) Art was on his game 100% with good questions, good commentary, and responses to Dr.Lockwood's bizarre, but comprehensive, theories and was great with Mr.Fidget and the random people who got on the pay phone with him. And the callers were good also.

Cool Im gonna listen to that one now!