• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

beer

Started by SR-71, September 26, 2013, 02:03:21 PM

akwilly

I have drank just about every beer ever made and I find Miller lite far and away the best

Quote from: albrecht on February 04, 2016, 08:00:32 PM
... ps: my only issue with most of those beers is so sweet and so much sugar, especial Lambaics. Big hangovers.

Rather than using carefully selected strains of yeast, Lambics are interesting in that they are fermented by wild yeast.  The vats are left open, and the breweries are not cleaned, so wild yeasts and bacteria can take up residence.  Without being fermented with sweet fruits, the beer would have a sort of funky sour taste.

Kolchak

Living in Milwaukee, there's plenty to choose from, but the old standby will always be this:

trostol

Quote from: Kolchak on February 04, 2016, 10:38:44 PM
Living in Milwaukee, there's plenty to choose from, but the old standby will always be this:

doesnt look bad...i do need to get off this cider kick i have been on lately lol

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 04, 2016, 09:37:55 PM
Rather than using carefully selected strains of yeast, Lambics are interesting in that they are fermented by wild yeast.  The vats are left open, and the breweries are not cleaned, so wild yeasts and bacteria can take up residence.  Without being fermented with sweet fruits, the beer would have a sort of funky sour taste.
I once drank too many of those various Trappist type beers. Decided to go into the somber parade (Heilig Bloedprocessie) and almost got carried away by not being able to leave and into the church but, came too senses/going to be arrested or damned, and got out at door and found a way out scot-free. Saw JC's blood later in the relic which is pretty cool and could be a C2C/MITD show. History of the relic alone but also the weird properties, supposedly. Town, of course, is very cool but a weird time. I had a backpack (freebie) by Grolsch that I got elsewhere and filled with beers prior (not many selling beer during the rituals/parade.) Hangover, yep. Damnation, hopefully not. I didn't make a spectacle or try to disrupt- if anything it could be claimed I suddenly had emotion/spirit and wanted to join the procession.

cweb

Speaking of wild yeast, one of the better beers in that world is Brux, a collaboration between Sierra Nevada and Russian River.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/82578/

Has aspects of the traditional Belgian beers, hefeweizen, and some champagne-ish characteristics. Ages fairly well too.

My all-time favorite....
Stella Artois

I cant drink anymore. Haven't had more than 2 beers in all of 3 years. But if I could... Mmmm Stellllaaaaa

sydtron

Got a Dundee sampler pack at Hell Mart today.

Porter is great!  English Ale is good, IPA is damn good!  Havent tried the Pilsner.

Getting fucked up on goood beer! :-V

pate

Beer, (brup) 'scuse, meh.

Can you locals grow hops?

Berp, not sayining(sp), brup...

ediot: jusitinan, jus' awww

effluenza

I'm drinking this tonight.

trostol

Quote from: effluenza on May 03, 2016, 07:17:51 PM

wtf is that from lol

i am still stuck on ciders lol

albrecht

Many a night I've had that, it pares well with a hot lamb vindaloo.

It'll put hair on your chest

akwilly

damn I am assuming that comes with a mandatory brown paper bag.

cosmic hobo

I think that is from India. I've had it a few times but I find it hard to get. You can get it fairly easily in South East Asia.

twiki

I was drinking some of this last night.

pate

In these now uncertain thymes, I find the Miller High Life in the tallboy size is economical.  Since I can only go out into the yard during the sunlit hours it is apropos.

"They" need to put the lady on the moon on these cans:

Ah, those cans...

-p

ediot: bonus vidya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVay-RfNGv8

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on April 23, 2020, 11:02:15 PM
FUCKING FUCKIN' FUCK   If only I could go back in time and beat the motherfucking SHIT OUTTA ME for this post.  CRINGE BASTARD CUNTLIPS!

God got you back by making you kick the headstock off of one of your beloved Gibsons. The irony is probably more delicious than the beer. ;)

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 23, 2020, 11:07:24 PM
God got you back by making you kick the headstock off of one of your beloved Gibsons. The irony is probably more delicious than the beer. ;)
The only thing more damaging to a LP headstock than a spinkick is the airlines. Drive ya to drink!