President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Suggestions for potential name change for this thread:

1. pud & friends alarmist screed
2. Wankers Anonymous
3. Leftist Ideologue Rub & Tug
4. but, but, but...the Russians

Any of those seem more appropriate than President Donald J. Trump.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 20, 2017, 04:03:14 PM

2. Wankers Anonymous

5. MD isn't a doctor, irrespective of his avatar.
6. MD was a Trumper, then he wasn't, now he is again.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 20, 2017, 04:18:27 PM
5. MD isn't a doctor, irrespective of his avatar.
6. MD was a Trumper, then he wasn't, now he is again.

7. pud is a weak, little man who lives in a totally cucked country.

GravitySucks

2. Wankers Anonymous

5. Still not Hillary

Yorkshire pud

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/gi-bill-benefits-new-fees-future-enlistees-house-lawmakers

WASHINGTON â€" A congressional proposal to make service members buy into their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits surprised veterans groups on Tuesday, with advocates divided over whether it amounts to a long-term fix for the benefit or an unfair bill for veterans.

“This new tax on troops is absurd,” said Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander Brian Duffy in a statement. “Ensuring veterans are able to successfully transition back to civilian life after military service is a cost of war, and not a fee that Congress can just pass along to our troops.

“Congress must stop nickeling and diming America’s service members and veterans.”

The plan â€" draft legislation from House Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Phil Roe, R-Tenn. â€" would deduct $2,400 from future service members’ paychecks to establish eligibility for revamped post-military education benefits. This was first reported Tuesday by Task & Purpose.

:-\ Winning.

smccomas69

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 20, 2017, 04:59:29 PM
http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/gi-bill-benefits-new-fees-future-enlistees-house-lawmakers

:-\ Winning.

And you don't think Trump wont veto this?

As an aside that was the GI bill I was under. Paid $100 bucks a month for the first 12 months that I served. I thought that was still the case any post 9/11 vets can shed some light?

TigerLily

2. Wankers Anonymous

I can't think of anything less appropriate than the phrase, "President Donald J. Trump"

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 20, 2017, 12:12:12 PM
You think that (so far) five close associates of Trump's campaign (including one who was made NSA, but resigned/fired when the press found he'd lied about him being a foreign agent) who have been shown to be close to Putin and Putin agents/oligarch friends did so without the knowledge of Trump? You think his son in law had cosy times with the Russians because he likes vodka? Would you have given Obama the benefit of the doubt if the same collection (and ongoing) revelations been levelled at him?

And although not illegal, do you think its perfectly normal that Trump hasn't filled WH jobs but also lied about not installing his family, but has? I know lying is normal for him, and what he says should be taken with a bucket of salt, but is that how to run the WH?

That's what I thought.  No crimes, just more of the standard leftest shit slinging.  You don't even fein objectivity any more.  I have yet to hear you condemn any of the many crimes and misdemeanors committed by people on the left for which there is ample proof yet you accuse anyone connected with Trump of being in bed with Russians when there is absolutely no evidence of it.  You also have nothing to say about the shit-house mess left by Obama that we are only now beginning to fathom the depth and breadth of. 

It amazes me that you and your fellow sufferers from Trump Derangement Disorder continue to push the leftist narrative when so much of it has already proven to be bullshit and it is only a matter of time before the rest does.  Again, I'm looking forward to that day with relish.

Meister_000

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 20, 2017, 12:00:57 PM
Please tell us what criminal act Trump is guilty of.  As always, your allegations are totally free of facts.   You do know that there are those of us here that are going to enjoy rubbing your nose in such statements when the truth is known?

By the time this is over, you and your Klansman will have less nose tissue remaining than Michael Jackson had. But that will hardly qualify as payment-in-full. The damage you (evil putz's) have done is incalculable, irreparable, inexcusable and unforgivable. And those last two terms form the Definition of "Indefensible Crime".

Jackstar

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 21, 2017, 12:31:34 AM
The damage you (evil putz's) have done is incalculable, irreparable, inexcusable and unforgivable.

Well, yeah, but shit, at least they didn't stalk someone on Facebook.

I have a theory why so many libs are willing to throw Russia under the bus these days.  Communism failed in Russia and the libs are enraged at the Russians for letting it fail.  So whereas they once thought of the Russians as an ally, now they are the enemy. Makes sense to me.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 21, 2017, 01:25:03 AM
I have a theory why so many libs are willing to throw Russia under the bus these days.  Communism failed in Russia and the libs are enraged at the Russians for letting it fail.  So whereas they once thought of the Russians as an ally, now they are the enemy. Makes sense to me.

Anything is plausible in this crazy world. But to prove your theory we need to know how and why "Communism failed in Russia". Perhaps you could go over and do some investigative journalism. I'm sure as an American "ally" defending the Trump administration they'd welcome you, comrade.  ;)

Lt.Uhura

I see Ryan and his accomplices are still determined to kill off the working class, poor, and most vulnerable.

The GOP’s latest health-care plan is comically bad

...After specifying that these popular provisions will stay, the amendment then gives states the right to snatch them away. States would be able to obtain waivers exempting them from the Essential Health Benefits standards. They would also be able to obtain waivers from the preexisting conditions requirement by creating a “high-risk pool” to provide coverage for those who are unwell.
There would no longer be a prohibition, however, against charging “high-risk” individuals more â€" so much more, in fact, that they would potentially be priced out of the market. We would go back to the pre-ACA situation in which serious illness could mean losing a home or filing for bankruptcy...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gops-latest-health-care-plan-is-comically-bad/2017/04/20/0627b162-2600-11e7-a1b3-faff0034e2de_story.html

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 21, 2017, 02:04:25 AM
Anything is plausible in this crazy world. But to prove your theory we need to know how and why "Communism failed in Russia". Perhaps you could go over and do some investigative journalism. I'm sure as an American "ally" defending the Trump administration they'd welcome you, comrade.  ;)

I know why communism failed in Russia.  It wasn't true communism but a totalitarian government.  Power was in the hands of a few not the people. The people got fed up with it and overthrew it. True communism could only succeed in a world where humans are free of greed and ambition.  In other words, a truly Christian world where all talked the talk and walked the walk.  Humanists and libs don't understand this and can't ever hope to understand this unless they have a Road to Damascus moment.  True communism goes against human nature.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 21, 2017, 02:28:46 AM
I know why communism failed in Russia.  It wasn't true communism but a totalitarian government.  Power was in the hands of a few not the people. The people got fed up with it and overthrew it. True communism could only succeed in a world where humans are free of greed and ambition.  In other words, a truly Christian world where all talked the talk and walked the walk.  Humanists and libs don't understand this and can't ever hope to understand this unless they have a Road to Damascus moment.  True communism goes against human nature.

The fact that there are so many Christians motivated by greed and ambition involved in American politics will ensure Communism never takes hold here.

What would Jesus say?

Sarah Palin: "Jesus was booked, so yes, I invited my buddies Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, some bold, courageous, all-American dudes..."

But Nugent has a history of stoking controversy with inflammatory remarks often condemned as racist, sexist or just generally out of line.
Notably, he has made comments interpreted as threatening Obama. In addition to describing the first black U.S. president at one point as a “gangster” and a “subhuman mongrel,” he said in 2012: “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”...

Nugent, who like Palin supported Trump’s campaign for president, made headlines last year when he grabbed at his crotch at a rally in Michigan.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/20/trump-ted-nugent-kid-rock-sarah-palin-237402

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 21, 2017, 01:25:03 AM

It could only make sense to you. It's not so much Russia as the leader of Russia. But Putin's iron grip on his country makes him Russia.

It's ok with you that he has his enemies, journalists, political opponents or just people who disagree with him jailed, tortured, killed or all three. Steals billions of dollars from the Russian people for his family and cronies. Has shut down the free press. Commits war crimes in Syria. Invaded Crimea. Meddles in democratic elections throughout Europe and the U.S. through cyber crime and blackmail. He wants Russia to be the only world super power. Has replaced Russian democracy with oligarchy. He is a gangster, a war criminal and a despot. And hates a strong U.S.

Didn't know you had to be a liberal to think he and by extension his whole country is not our friend. Your theory needs work

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 21, 2017, 02:28:46 AM

Since its the middle of the night and I can't sleep I have a question for a good Christian. If Jesus were an American citizen, do you think He would have voted for Trump?

Quote from: TigerLily on April 21, 2017, 03:18:27 AM
Since its the middle of the night and I can't sleep I have a question for a good Christian. If Jesus were an American citizen, do you think He would have voted for Trump?

LOL.  I'm not a good Christian but I do know right from wrong.  My guess would be is that Jesus would vote for none of the above.

Quote from: TigerLily on April 21, 2017, 02:53:33 AM
It could only make sense to you. It's not so much Russia as the leader of Russia. But Putin's iron grip on his country makes him Russia.

It's ok with you that he has his enemies, journalists, political opponents or just people who disagree with him jailed, tortured, killed or all three. Steals billions of dollars from the Russian people for his family and cronies. Has shut down the free press. Commits war crimes in Syria. Invaded Crimea. Meddles in democratic elections throughout Europe and the U.S. through cyber crime and blackmail. He wants Russia to be the only world super power. Has replaced Russian democracy with oligarchy. He is a gangster, a war criminal and a despot. And hates a strong U.S.

Didn't know you had to be a liberal to think he and by extension his whole country is not our friend. Your theory needs work

Libs are all up in arms about Putin whereas many turned a blind eye towards the abuses under Soviet Russia.  I'm not saying you, TL, but many of your older compadres did.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 21, 2017, 02:51:55 AM
The fact that there are so many Christians motivated by greed and ambition involved in American politics will ensure Communism never takes hold here.

What would Jesus say?

Sarah Palin: "Jesus was booked, so yes, I invited my buddies Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, some bold, courageous, all-American dudes..."

But Nugent has a history of stoking controversy with inflammatory remarks often condemned as racist, sexist or just generally out of line.
Notably, he has made comments interpreted as threatening Obama. In addition to describing the first black U.S. president at one point as a “gangster” and a “subhuman mongrel,” he said in 2012: “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”...

Nugent, who like Palin supported Trump’s campaign for president, made headlines last year when he grabbed at his crotch at a rally in Michigan.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/20/trump-ted-nugent-kid-rock-sarah-palin-237402

Unrelenting ambition and in particular greed are bad no matter if you are a Christian or an atheist.  Of course there are many who call themselves Christians who are greedy.  Very few people in our society truly do as Christ would have done.

I was reading Dodge City last night and how a church's congregation became angry with their pastor for counseling prostitutes.  He had no salacious motives. He was merely doing what Christ would have done and the church membership was enraged.  That tells you a lot about how rare true Christians are in our society. Very little has changed.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 21, 2017, 03:44:21 AM
Unrelenting ambition and in particular greed are bad no matter if you are a Christian or an atheist.  Of course there are many who call themselves Christians who are greedy.  Very few people in our society truly do as Christ would have done.

I was reading Dodge City last night and how a church's congregation became angry with their pastor for counseling prostitutes.  He had no salacious motives. He was merely doing what Christ would have done and the church membership was enraged.  That tells you a lot about how rare truegood Christians are in our society. Very little has changed.

Wanted to change this but couldn't modify it after waiting too long.

3OctaveFart

I don't give a shit who he invites to hang out with him ... but is there a reason these has-beens couldn't put on some nicer clothes for a trip to the White House. Says a little about the state of the office when you go to Pennsylvania Avenue dressed like you're going roller skating.

Also - Trump looks like he's rocking a fart in this photo. Even his smiles are strained. He looks quite ill.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 21, 2017, 03:40:53 AM
Libs are all up in arms about Putin whereas many turned a blind eye towards the abuses under Soviet Russia.  I'm not saying you, TL, but many of your older compadres did.

The USSR wasn't as appealing to the old counter culture as was the mystique surrounding China's Proletarian Cultural Revolution lead by Mao, with its impassioned pro-worker, anti-capitalism campaigns. The anti-establishment youth of late 60s America were the same age as China's Red Guards, and Mao's Little Red Book found its way to Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley, where I was once handed a copy. Of course at that time Mao's horrific reign of terror and murder wasn't widely known. But I think many young Americans terrified of being sent off to an increasingly unpopular war in Vietnam by self-serving politicians, fueled a legitimate climate of mistrust about our own government's motives.

Curiously, in spite of the fact that Mao Tse-tung was responsible for more death and suffering than any other leader in history, there are those in China who are nostalgic for his Cultural Revolution period. What on Earth could make people look back with fondness at at time when so many of their countrymen suffered and died, and their lives were reduced to nothing outside of the State?

Totalitarian governments are aided by opportunistic leaders who govern by fear and mistrust of outsiders, which is why people are closely watching Turkey's situation after their constitutional referendum toward an "executive presidency". Meanwhile, Trump's popularity is heading downhill and despite his bluff, he knows it. It's especially frightening to me that he's come so close to involving the US in escalating military action without the support of the American people.

In keeping with my earlier posts.   Just want to throw this out.  This comes from a speech John Adams made to the Massachusetts Militia in 1798.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 21, 2017, 05:49:04 AM
The USSR wasn't as appealing to the old counter culture as was the mystique surrounding China's Proletarian Cultural Revolution lead by Mao, with its impassioned pro-worker, anti-capitalism campaigns. The anti-establishment youth of late 60s America were the same age as China's Red Guards, and Mao's Little Red Book found its way to Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley, where I was once handed a copy. Of course at that time Mao's horrific reign of terror and murder wasn't widely known. But I think many young Americans terrified of being sent off to an increasingly unpopular war in Vietnam by self-serving politicians, fueled a legitimate climate of mistrust about our own government's motives.

Curiously, in spite of the fact that Mao Tse-tung was responsible for more death and suffering than any other leader in history, there are those in China who are nostalgic for his Cultural Revolution period. What on Earth could make people look back with fondness at at time when so many of their countrymen suffered and died, and their lives were reduced to nothing outside of the State?

Totalitarian governments are aided by opportunistic leaders who govern by fear and mistrust of outsiders, which is why people are closely watching Turkey's situation after their constitutional referendum toward an "executive presidency". Meanwhile, Trump's popularity is heading downhill and despite his bluff, he knows it. It's especially frightening to me that he's come so close to involving the US in escalating military action without the support of the American people.

Nice post and well-stated though I may disagree with your conclusions in your last two sentences.

Meister_000

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 21, 2017, 02:51:55 AM
. . .  there are so many Christians motivated by greed and ambition involved in American politics . . .

The scope and magnitude of the trace-able provable (faux)-"Christian" Far-Right Conservative funding and fake-news generation/propigation this past election cycle is freaking off the charts frightening! The Kochs and Mercers (billionaires) are the two largest top of the food-chain funders nationwide in ALL races large and small around the country (and has been going on for decades) including House Reps, Senators, Judges, you name it, very deliberate targeted well-funded evil. I didn't use the term Christofascism lighty last week. It led to my buying four books on that topic alone (Conservative Christian Extremist Political funding, organizing, and action since the late 70's early 80's).

Good newer title is by Jane Mayer's: "Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right".
https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Money-History-Billionaires-Radical/dp/0307947904/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

She also did a 30 page article on "the Mercers" for New Yorker mag in March 2017 which is basically an appendix or extention/update extra chapter to "Dark Money"

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/27/the-reclusive-hedge-fund-tycoon-behind-the-trump-presidency

Two nights ago MV had an advert running here on Bellgab that I had to follow down a bit. It was from an entity called "Judicial Watch" -- another notorious and evil "Conservative" funding/action source who were big-time Hillary bashers and faked Hillary story peddlers last year. This ad was about Fighting Immigration with a ready-to-go petition to sign-sent to your local Governor's office -- lest people think the Christian-Right evil-doing is over just because the election is!
Read that yellow Petition txt.
The last img below is of the actual ad running on BG, note txt "Help Judicial Watch fight against *DEADLY* Immigration policies".

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Meatie Pie on April 21, 2017, 05:39:46 AM

I don't give a shit who he invites to hang out with him ... but is there a reason these has-beens couldn't put on some nicer clothes for a trip to the White House. Says a little about the state of the office when you go to Pennsylvania Avenue dressed like you're going roller skating.

Also - Trump looks like he's rocking a fart in this photo. Even his smiles are strained. He looks quite ill.

I'm thinking Sarah Palin was there in her off the shoulders dress to remind Trump he'd publicly promised her a place in his administration. Canadians balked at an earlier suggestion she be appointed their ambassador. Incidently, Russian bombers were flying 41 miles off the coast of Alaska on Tuesday. Close enough for Palin to see them from her kitchen window. Please no, I hope he didn't offer her Russia.

whoozit

Quote from: TigerLily on April 20, 2017, 05:32:43 PM
I can't think of anything less appropriate than the phrase, "President Donald J. Trump"
President Hillary Rodham Clinton springs to mind.  This race has to be remembered as one with two of the worst candidates ever.  From now on bad candidate should be refered to as a "Couldn't beat a Trump" candidate.