• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Rico999

Re guns and gun control:

For the record, I have plenty of shooting experience.  I'm a Vietnam vet, and neither fear nor loathe guns at all.  On the contrary, I think everyone should know how to defend themselves -- and in that context, guns aren't always the answer, either.   Bottom line is that I don't look for trouble and consequently, trouble rarely comes my way.   

The thing is, the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean a damn thing -- because we as a society have de facto pretty much decided that we're going to allow anyone and everyone to be able to access firearms, given their availability, legal or otherwise.  You want a full auto AK-47?  Or a high magazine capacity pistol?  No big deal.  Any thug or nut can get one and my point is proven in the streets and towns of the US every day.  Hell, you can get yourself a home-defense shotgun right off the rack that is absolutely devastating in close quarters -- where most personal combat occurs.

The problem as I see it, is that people walk around in a state of fear.  It's palpable -- you might know what I'm talking about.  So there's plenty of people out there who're packing firearms and have no need -- or business doing so.  Yeah, it's a personal choice, but take that GOA dude Pratt for example.  The way that guy talks, he's just looking for someone to look at him crosseyed so he can whip out his "nine" and stick it in someone's face.   I know a woman, a work colleague who shoots probably 500 rounds a week.  She's always talking guns, ammo, etc.  She's obsessed with it and she carries a pistol, tear gas and a knife all the time.  She doesn't hide the fact that she's literally waiting for someone to accost her so she can blow them away.  I'm serious.  I find these kind of individuals pathetic.  They live in fear.  And they're looking for trouble -- and god help them if they actually come across what they seek.

Unfortunately,  Pandora's Box has been wide open for years and I really don't see any reasonable solutions forthcoming.  Those regular people who own firearms for hunting and personal protection have a legal right to do so.  Those who've lost their right to bear arms for whatever reason and are looking to commit mayhem don't, but they find a way to get their business done, don't they?  And how many thousands of people are out there, so close to the edge every single day, that are ticking time bombs? 

This is a very serious issue that may have no realistic answer that would be acceptable to all.

One final note:  Re the event in Seal Beach, CA where at least 8 people were gunned down.   The individual who allegedly committed this horrific crime is in custody and he'll most likely pay a high price for what he did.  No excuses for his actions here.  But in my post, I did call him an idiot.  And after reading a little about the shit that this guy went through and how he completely fell apart to the point where he ended up doing what he did -- well, all I can say is that it is a very sad and unfortunate situation all around.   He made a tragic choice though, god help him.

Frankly, I don't know where this society is headed, but moving forward,  I really am not optimistic that we're going to see a positive outcome. 

Wtf is an after dark snack? Deep fried shadowrats?
I was waiting for the post that said Noory's amount of work on this book was marginal, at best. Reminds me of George Foreman and his lean, mean, bogus-ass fat machine. Just one more sign Noory is milking this matasticized baboon teat for all it's worth and he is one unoriginal bastard.

coaster

I saw George trying to sell "his" book on coast's facebook, and once again I was banned for posting my opinion. I'm starting to think George doesn't like me. He should find it flattering that I spend my time creating bogus facebook profiles just to leave comments on coasts page...

b_dubb

Quote from: frys girlDon't like guns? Don't bother getting one. Afraid of guns? Don't get one. Your fear and weakness doesn't translate to a need for limiting my rights.
insecure much?

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on October 13, 2011, 03:26:46 PM
insecure much?
You don't know anything about me. I'm American, and it's my right. Don't try to make it about me. Stick to the issue moron.

coaster

Anyone who is anti-gun would quickly change their mind when they wake up in middle of the night during a home invasion and have nothing to defend themselves with. just sayin'.

kf5iwe

Quote from: Scully on October 13, 2011, 12:43:58 AM
Out of curiosity re George and Rosemary Ellen Guiley's new book, I attended the Streamlink chat to see what they would say about George's part in writing it. (Evil grin) There were a number of George Fans there who asked topical questions, and he was on a roll. My question: "Did you two split the stories for the book down the middle?"

Guiley:  "A collaboration is an easy give and take."

Noory:  "Actually Rosemary did the lion's share of the work.  I did the outline and the concept, but she's the star."

Translation from NoorySpeak:  "She wrote it. I doodled."

Asked if he has plans for more books in the future, George said he's sure he'll do another book with Guiley soon.  Right now he's working on three of them with Bill Birnes: one called "Talktown USA" (which is about how talk shows have kept the pressure cooker of life from boiling over), one called "Nero Blaze, Time Traveler," and a cookbook to be called "Afterdark Snacks."

You heard it here first, Folks.  ::)

(One final tidbit: George: "I've been getting very, very strange dreams of late.  I think THEY are trying to tell me something."  If you only knew, Jorch, if you only knew.)  8)
Art is trying to tell you something George. He is telling you goodbye motherfucker. Pack your shit

Quote from: kf5iwe on October 13, 2011, 08:42:39 PM
Art is trying to tell you something George. He is telling you goodbye motherfucker. Pack your shit
Hell fuckin ya

Quote from: JustOneFix on October 11, 2011, 07:56:32 PM
I like guns and have a few of them, but as a rule most gun owners/collectors don't talk about them in a public venue, gun shows aside. Instead they sit around the garage drinking beer & smoking cigars and talking amongst themselves about the latest "shootin iron" they bought.

I bet Noron couldn't tell you jack shit about any kind of gun, except his Red Rider BB gun.

This went along with it a little too well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plw5vFjo8fI&feature=related

Morgus

Noory announced tonight that another old time c2c guest died recently.
Al Beliek who claimed to be involved in the time travel Philadelphia Experiment has passed on.
Expect Noory to take advantage of this to play part of an old interview with Al via tape in the last hour of Friday's show, allowing him to duck out early...

Quote from: Morgus on October 14, 2011, 12:46:54 AM
Noory announced tonight that another old time c2c guest died recently.
Al Beliek who claimed to be involved in the time travel Philadelphia Experiment has passed on.
Expect Noory to take advantage of this to play part of an old interview with Al via tape in the last hour of Friday's show, allowing him to duck out early...
Keep it up with the accuracy of your predictions and you're gonna be hit up to be a guest if you don't watch it Morgus.

WOTR

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on October 14, 2011, 12:53:07 AM
Keep it up with the accuracy of your predictions and you're gonna be hit up to be a guest if you don't watch it Morgus.
So long as he is not booked to be the guest for the last half of a Friday show...

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on October 14, 2011, 12:53:07 AM

Too accurate, if you ask me.  :P  Throw a couple "misses" in there and maybe start selling some pop-up tents that protect from, oh, radiation or chemical fallout, or armor-piercing rounds and you'll be in.  ;D 

valdez

I expected the Mlodinow/Chopra debate to be, in spite of Noory, somewhat interesting, if not outright "ok", but with George as the moderator, with questions that, although seemingly deep ("what is life?") really didn't lend themselves to the kind of debate these guy came to do.  Why only an hour of debate time?  Did we really need to waste time with Ronnie Foster and Laura Mistycah, the Ghostbuster Gals?  It took a dorky kid in the last hour to ask, what Mlodinow called, a "good question".  George Noory sucks and, according to Lisa lyons' response to Galaga's fine email, nobody over there gives a crap.

I'm listening to the 'great debate' show now and every time George Noory asks something i find myself embarrassed for him! He was out of his league with this.. It shows what we are missing with Art not being in. Though i think either Knapp or Ian would have been perfectly fine with this show

On more than occasion, Noory's bastardization on pronouncing Deepak's name made it sound like he was talking about a cooking instrument.

I would have to think that Lisa will be on big time email damage control today.

kf5iwe

You can't make this shit up. With Jim Rawles the other night, Right after the guest says that nneighbors will be cooking each other, the grid will be down, shit is happening, George asks " Will the airlines still be flying?"

Tara

Noory's "Talking to the Dead" book is a real sales clunker.  A few days ago it was about #1,700 on Amazon, now it's down to around #2,100.  Far, far, from a best seller and rightfully so, even with Noory's plugging the book on nationwide radio. 

I wonder why publishers even print his books?  Can't imagine they make much money on them.   

kf5iwe

Glenn Beck is asking for the documents that are destroying america. I got on amazon and sent him "Workers in the light" and "t\Talking to the dead"

b_dubb

I'd like to own guns. But I've been cast as the Gun Monster in this thread and must adhere to the rigid stereotype that right wing gun nuts have invented for all who think that any oversight regarding gun sales/ownership/use is a good idea. like how we license people who use cars. Nope. I think it's reasonable to restrict sale of extended clips, assault weapons, and armor piercing ammunition. And that's why I'm the Gun Monster.

Rawrrrrrr

b_dubb

also ... Noory sucks

perhaps we should move the gun/Gun Monster nonsense into new thread?

Quote from: Rico999 on October 13, 2011, 01:02:28 PM
Frankly, I don't know where this society is headed, but moving forward,  I really am not optimistic that we're going to see a positive outcome.
Great post. I am not optimistic either.

stevesh

Maybe the worst website I've ever seen. No wonder Noory would gladly accept being a part of it:

http://pensacolaparacon.webs.com/

What do you think it costs to get Noory to come to something like this ?

At this point is Noory just going wherever he's invited to?

Quote from: stevesh on October 14, 2011, 01:52:37 PM
What do you think it costs to get Noory to come to something like this ?

Probably an all you can eat buffet, lots of free smack and male prostitutes.
Noory - You fucking carebear, eat shit.

jsharbour

I have completely stopped listening to C2C, but on rare occasion at this point. I still have a couple months of shows on MP3 (which George calls podcasts even though they aren't on iTunes) and tend to skip thru them pretty quickly.

listening to the June 20, 2011 show, with guest Bernard Haisch, and George actually got irritated with him!

In his usual stupid way, George ran out of questions for this brilliant physicist, and went onto his usual banal questions, including the groaner, "Do you feel something COMING?"

The poor guy just refused to answer the question... He paused... and George repeated, "You know, like something big about to happen, do you SENSE anything?"

Haisch said, "No, I don't, and I don't go for all that 2012 nonsense either, which is just about taking advantage of people's fears."

George then mumbled, "Well, there IS something going on, and we just won't... blah...blah.... mumble...mumble..." And at this point he was MAD. You could tell in his voice. He had run out of questions and wanted this guy to go on and on about how the world is about to end, but he just said, "No."

So, immediately, without a pause, George said, "Where do you get your books?"

Haisch replied, "Huh? Where do I get what?"

George: "Where do you get your books."

"Where do *I* get my books?"

"YES, Where can PEOPLE get your books."

And he goes, "You know, Amazon, wherever..."

Wow.  It's all true, guys, what you've been saying here for the last couple years.  George is a bafoon.

Oh, oh, he said something earlier in a June recorded show also that stunned me. He said, regarding one of his appearances, "Yeah, we never advertise where I'm going to be, not at all."  Wow. As if, he's such a celebrity, his people have to be careful about him getting caught by the public.

I swear, if I hear him ask one more person, "Do you feel something coming?" or say "Absolutely no doubt in my mind" I'm going to call in and start screaming at his poor screener.

Oh, has anyone posted yet about the May-ish episode where a called called in and said, "Hey George, I know a lot of people love you, and a lot of people HATE you, but I like your show anyway." WOW!! Was that a gabber?

Vatar

Every time George speaks I pull a handle, and a delicious bowl of steaming hot chili is manufactured.

Scully

Quote from: jsharbour on October 14, 2011, 03:54:25 PM

Oh, has anyone posted yet about the May-ish episode where a called called in and said, "Hey George, I know a lot of people love you, and a lot of people HATE you, but I like your show anyway." WOW!! Was that a gabber?

Are you sure that wasn't on a very recent show?

Whenever it was that Major Ed Dames was on a week or two ago, I got a good laugh when I thought I heard a truckdriver caller say basically the same thing.  I went back and re-listened to make sure I heard what I thought I did, and I THINK the caller meant that for Ed Dames.  He said "George" immediately before he said the love/hate thing, and I think George also thought it was directed at him because his silence was deafening.  Too bad, because it made my day that someone had gotten that in without being bleeped out.  ;)

valdez

Robert Zubrin doesn't miss a chance to tell us how Obama is "destroying" the space program.  He sounds like hes twelve, but I like him.  Greg Hunter thinks the Iran/Mexican plot thing may be a pretext for war, and then "warlock", Christian Day, did a decent job at killing an hour and a half.  He's personable, and that counts for a lot.  George began open lines saying (in his best professional broadcast voice) that c2c was where "the strange and the mysterious meet somewhere in the middle."  Huh?  What?  Later a caller proposed to his girlfriend on the air.  Producer Tom arranged it, and on the face of it I suppose it was different, and ok, and fuzzy, and warm, but here's the thing:  any guy that would put that kind of pressure (millions listening) on a girl to get married is a psycho.  Plain and simple.  Play the ufo phil song.  He's done.

anthony perkins psycho
beware