• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: WOTR on April 18, 2016, 10:54:48 PM
You stupid, sniveling little twit.  You do not belong on this board.

Art is weak right now... His defenses will be down, and he will have other things (like his health) on his mind.  NOW is THE time to make your move and strike.

How did you every get past the screening process at the front door of this establishment when you are ready to give a guy a pass just because he is laying in a hospital bed?

Putin would go for it. Hospital bed conversations are his specialty.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 18, 2016, 11:51:23 PM
Putin would go for it. Hospital bed conversations are his specialty.

KGB SOP  ;)

paladin1991

Get well soon, ART. (Remember, if you need me to break you out, I'll be the guy in the Panzer)

You are in my prayers, Art.

Glad you are back home.

Mebee

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 15, 2016, 10:02:26 PM
I think it's been awhile since he's made an honest statement

Just curious... is it now the prevailing wisdom that Art Bell is just a dishonest cretin? Was he supposedly always that way and nobody saw through the facade or has he supposedly become an unbearable jerk only recently? Just trying to catch up.

The Alcoholic

Wow art get well. My mom has a really case of Crohns (has the bag, goes in for regicide infusions, feels tired and hurts all overliterally  all the time etc...) so I feel for you.

CornyCrow

Get well, Art.  I hope the solution is something simple, like giving up dairy.  It's surprising how many people have a problem with that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mebee on April 19, 2016, 05:15:40 AM
Just curious... is it now the prevailing wisdom that Art Bell is just a dishonest cretin? Was he supposedly always that way and nobody saw through the facade or has he supposedly become an unbearable jerk only recently? Just trying to catch up.

Put it this way; there's been a bit of back peddling and shoe shuffling by some on whether the stalker story is believable.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 19, 2016, 08:35:40 AM
Put it this way; there's been a bit of back peddling and shoe shuffling by some on whether the stalker story is believable.
Art sometimes implies things without saying anything directly, knowing he will be 'read' wrong by some, but that's the direction in which he wants them pointed. 

He also will get some basis of truth and elaborate on it in order (in my opinion) to mislead others. 

He is definitely not a 'what you see is what you get' sort of guy. 

Because of this 'habit' of his, it is safe to assume that sometimes something does happen which is being reported accurately, but is not believed due to such inconsistencies in the past.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Segundus on April 19, 2016, 08:46:20 AM
Art sometimes implies things without saying anything directly, knowing he will be 'read' wrong by some, but that's the direction in which he wants them pointed. 

Hmmmmm...really? A cunning ploy if ever I saw one.

He also will get some basis of truth and elaborate on it in order (in my opinion) to mislead others. 

AKA. Lying.

On the contrary. I think he's exactly how a narcissist could conduct himself. Including using other people to make him look good.

Because of this 'habit' of his, it is safe to assume that sometimes something does happen which is being reported accurately, but is not believed due to such inconsistencies in the past.

A pathological liar then? Yeah. Makes sense.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 19, 2016, 08:35:40 AM
back peddling and shoe shuffling by some on whether the stalker story is believable.

Tell us all what a corporate fascist shill believes in now.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on April 19, 2016, 09:52:33 AM

Tell us all what a corporate fascist shill believes in now.

Still injecting that stuff? It isn't doing you any good. Seriously.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 19, 2016, 09:57:12 AM
Still injecting that stuff? It isn't doing you any good. Seriously.

Nice ad hominem. Your lizard queen is proud.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on April 19, 2016, 10:02:13 AM
Nice ad hominem.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. Don't you find?

Your lizard queen is proud.

Naturally. Why wouldn't she be?

K_Dubb

It's more like Art, who nurtured a number of conspiracy theories, has now found himself the victim of one.  It should not be surprising.

Like most conspiracy theories, its basis is in vague, unsettled discontent rather than any factual evidence.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Segundus on April 19, 2016, 08:46:20 AM

It's known as Art Bell's ...... 'cryptic bullshit'
He thinks that with his 'superior mind' ...... everyone will believe whatever he spews ....
Most folks are used to it by now and pay little attention to it anymore ..... it's a given that it may not be 'the whole truth and nothing but the truth' ....

henge0stone

Quote from: littlechris on April 18, 2016, 05:23:36 PM

Wow. Colitis is no joke. Get well soon Art.

Get well Art! Your one of the radio greats and we don't want to loose you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: henge0stone on April 19, 2016, 03:02:16 PM
Get well Art! Your one of the radio greats and we don't want to loose you.

We don't want to lose you either.

Hautex

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2016, 03:24:53 PM
We don't want to lose you either.
glad you made it through that hellish storm in Houston

Hautex

Quote from: diyrob on April 18, 2016, 06:19:42 PM
That's a pretty fucked up EKG. Looks like elevated s-t, which is sometimes indicative of previous MI. And there's a slight arrhythmia (skipped beat.) Source: I'm an amateur gynecologist.
me too, but I only practice on weekends....

Wonderlust

Quote from: WOTR on April 18, 2016, 10:54:48 PM
You stupid, sniveling little twit.  You do not belong on this board.

Art is weak right now... His defenses will be down, and he will have other things (like his health) on his mind.  NOW is THE time to make your move and strike.

How did you every get past the screening process at the front door of this establishment when you are ready to give a guy a pass just because he is laying in a hospital bed?

Nice work ^

If I were Art I'd rather deal with a   crazed stalker than a bobo

Soylentblue

I think that it is the latter.

It's too easy to be yourself on social media and say/do things that are royally effed. Kinda like Art has done.

ge30542

I bet in the past, Ramona kept on top of damage control, not letting him do to much crazy shit

diyrob

Hey. I made top right. That's just top. And right.

diyrob

Quote from: ge30542 on April 19, 2016, 08:34:26 PM
I bet in the past, Ramona kept on top of damage control, not letting him do to much crazy shit
It has been suggested before that Ramona was always the brains of the operation, and Art was the voice. Believable.

CornyCrow

Quote from: diyrob on April 19, 2016, 09:03:44 PM
It has been suggested before that Ramona was always the brains of the operation, and Art was the voice. Believable.
That Y2k sham was really a low thing to do, and I think Ramona was his wife then.  I mean, trying to convince his gullible audience that the world was ending while shilling those CC emergency products and the freeze dried food, etc.  That was reprehensible.

The people that were fooled into bankruptcy from Y2K preparations on the say so of a talk show host deserved it. That's a special kind of stupid.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 19, 2016, 09:30:12 PM
The people that were fooled into bankruptcy from Y2K preparations on the say so of a talk show host deserved it. That's a special kind of stupid.

I don't understand the butthurt over that. I still have a case of candles, but everything else I bought I either used up or made money off of. Silver was $6 an ounce and went up to $50 a few years back. Cha Ching. Gold was $270 an ounce and went up over $1600 a few years back. CHA Ching.

I did donate a couple of cases of canned food to the food shelter. My shortwave and FRS radios still work. I don't see the downside.

Of course, I had been a mainframe programmer for over 20 years at the time and was working for a company that was involved in a crapload of Y2K remediation efforts. In spite of everything we did, I was sure there were going to be more problems than there were.

Art recovering after discovering Falkie is now his biggest fan

littlechris

Quote from: diyrob on April 19, 2016, 09:02:10 PM
Hey. I made top right. That's just top. And right.

Welcome to the bellgab hall of shame.  :'(