• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

It probably went to the light.
Quote from: spookcat on June 14, 2018, 07:18:34 PM
Did you give it a proper burial or funeral pyre?

Bluejay

Quote from: spookcat on June 14, 2018, 07:18:34 PM
Did you give it a proper burial or funeral pyre?
I sent it out to sea...

GravitySucks

Sounds like an interesting show tonight.

Story of a child with past life memories. Of Lou Gehrig.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/cathy-byrd/

GravitySucks

Mr and Mrs Winnie,

Did any of your combined tribe have any past life memories or invisible friends?

My daughter had an invisible friend for years.

I am sure my son saw an angel two nights in a row right before he went into seizures.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 14, 2018, 07:21:14 PM
Sounds like an interesting show tonight.

Story of a child with past life memories. Of Lou Gehrig.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/cathy-byrd/
Yep, I thought I remembered something about that.  She also could give us insight into FIFA corruption and the World Cup, and this crazy real estate market, maybe?  I hope the kid doesn't get Lou Gehrig's disease!

http://cathy-byrd.com/coast-to-coast/

Mr Apnea

OMG.  He just called out the guys GPA of 3.44 and called him a smarty.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now the guest just repeated it and said 3.44/4.0.  You've gotta be kidding me.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Juan on June 14, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Vara tonight investigates Planet X.

Later tonight Horsie claims listeners in 100 countries and on Planet X.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 14, 2018, 07:26:42 PM
Yep, I thought I remembered something about that.  She also could give us insight into FIFA corruption and the World Cup, and this crazy real estate market, maybe?  I hope the kid doesn't get Lou Gehrig's disease!

It’s hard to fake being left-handed.

Dave

Question for the guest. Are her or her husband left handed?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 14, 2018, 07:38:36 PM
It’s hard to fake being left-handed.
But a lot of people learn to bat, shoot, kick with their non-dominate side. And simply being left-handed does not a reincarnated Lou Gehrig make! I recall seeing somewhere that when Gary Cooper made the movie about him them the reserved film (since he hit right) but now I see that this was a claim and he learned to bat left for the movie and only one frame in the film was flopped.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 14, 2018, 07:43:54 PM
But a lot of people learn to bat, shoot, kick with their non-dominate side. And simply being left-handed does not a reincarnated Lou Gehrig make! I recall seeing somewhere that when Gary Cooper made the movie about him them the reserved film (since he hit right) but now I see that this was a claim and he learned to bat left for the movie and only one frame in the film was flopped.

I didn’t mean it made it a slam dunk, but it would be neat if everyone else in their family is right handed but he ended up left handed.

My mother was left handed but forced by the nuns to do everything right handed. I was ambidextrous but eventually became right handed but I always batted with more power left handed. My daughter was ambidextrous but ended up left handed.

Sean92008

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 14, 2018, 07:32:31 PM
OMG.  He just called out the guys GPA of 3.44 and called him a smarty.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now the guest just repeated it and said 3.44/4.0.  You've gotta be kidding me.
Eh, I'm horribly disappointed that one of mine had a GPA of 4.1...  You don't get into fucking Stanford with a 4.1 and be Asian/Caucasian from a "stable household."

👂 listening to bens call from m the nuclear show. Ben is right, but he forgot to mention if the price of energy doubles if nuclear power was eliminated, it wouldn’t just be home energy cost rising. Literally everything would cost more. Shipping cost, production cost, power shortages, power hoarding, etc. The economy would collapse. Why he was compared to a racist is absurd. Dave needs to not take sides and let the guest debate the caller.

Also Dave made a reference to rattling cages. Must be a requirement to host MITD.

Quote from: albrecht on June 14, 2018, 07:26:42 PM

Good to get new guests, I’m tired of same voices.

Lilith

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 14, 2018, 06:26:37 PM
If you get Brig off of Heater's tread and over here no problem.  We need a heater replay today.

I think it's only appropriate that we get "BRIG 4000"

I used to post here about Heathers show while I listened to it,  but understandably, Dave's fans wanted his own thread apart from Heather, so I went over to that other thread to post.  I did like it much better when both shows were posted in this thread, but it's not my thread.  So there's that.

Lilith

Quote from: Juan on June 14, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Vara tonight investigates Planet X.

I've been listening, it's pretty good.  There are quite a few YouTube channels covering it.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 14, 2018, 07:56:50 PM
I didn’t mean it made it a slam dunk, but it would be neat if everyone else in their family is right handed but he ended up left handed.

My mother was left handed but forced by the nuns to do everything right handed. I was ambidextrous but eventually became right handed but I always batted with more power left handed. My daughter was ambidextrous but ended up left handed.

Yeah, teachers used to "make" kids right-handed. And some dads try to make sons lefties in shooting, hitting, or pitching so try both. There is a show right there: reasons for "handedness" and I would add eye-dominance. Why? Can you change it? If changed reasons and other effects? Why someone might be right-handed but left eye dominent for focus/aim? Then could get into woo and conspircy! Why many President left-handed? Do blind people have handedness? Psychic or artistic ability differences? Personality ones?

chefist

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 14, 2018, 08:33:38 PM
👂 listening to bens call from m the nuclear show. Ben is right, but he forgot to mention if the price of energy doubles if nuclear power was eliminated, it wouldn’t just be home energy cost rising. Literally everything would cost more. Shipping cost, production cost, power shortages, power hoarding, etc. The economy would collapse. Why he was compared to a racist is absurd. Dave needs to not take sides and let the guest debate the caller.

Also Dave made a reference to rattling cages. Must be a requirement to host MITD.

True.

Quote from: albrecht on June 14, 2018, 09:25:55 PM

Yeah, teachers used to "make" kids right-handed. And some dads try to make sons lefties in shooting, hitting, or pitching so try both. There is a show right there: reasons for "handedness" and I would add eye-dominance. Why? Can you change it? If changed reasons and other effects? Why someone might be right-handed but left eye dominent for focus/aim? Then could get into woo and conspircy! Why many President left-handed? Do blind people have handedness? Psychic or artistic ability differences? Personality ones?

I play pool left-handed.  It is the only thing I do naturally left-handed.  I can't throw worth shit with my left hand so I'm definitely not a natural lefty.  Used to be able to swing the bat pretty good left-handed but it was much easier for me batting right-handed.  My handwriting sucks no matter which hand I use.  lol.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 11:13:47 PM
running 5 miles a day will do a body good, so will fasting one day a week.
A very good friend of mine a world renowned forensic pathologist, once told me running and jogging was invented by orthopedic surgeons!! I used to train with universal weight machine, ran 6 miles cross country 3 times a wk between the other work outs and playing every sport as well as woking as a cop in NYC...which is why I stayed in shape. No one ever got away from me by running, they may have been faster but I had the stamina for the long run to find them hands on knees to tired to resist! It was also like rock'em sock'em robots and scrapping like WWE everyday. Drank , burbon with the boys almost everyday. Smoked three packs a day & cigars, ate everything and anything and stayed at 210-215 lbs at 6'3"(my 6 mos academy trained graduation shape) until years after I retired and couldn't do anything much anymore from line of duty injuries. Blew out my knee and cracked a vertabre, arthritis in my knees, back neck etc. My buddy Dr. Baden seemed to be right about the orthopedic surgeons after all!

Lilith

Does anyone know which guest Dave has coming on first tonight?   If Andrew Collins is on first, I will tune in live.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 14, 2018, 09:31:11 PM
I play pool left-handed.  It is the only thing I do naturally left-handed.  I can't throw worth shit with my left hand so I'm definitely not a natural lefty.  Used to be able to swing the bat pretty good left-handed but it was much easier for me batting right-handed.  My handwriting sucks no matter which hand I use.  lol.

See. It could be a good topic. Maybe get that Indian neuroexpert who invented a cure for 'phantom limb' pain (in some cases) using mirrors and 'tricking' brain to discuss handedness amd brain? Bring in demonology or radical Catholic stuff about why 'right-hand of the Father seating.' Sinister means left-handed. Left-hand path. Lots could be covered from science, religion, to woo!

DaveSchrader

Quote from: brig on June 14, 2018, 09:38:39 PM
Does anyone know which guest Dave has coming on first tonight?   If Andrew Collins is on first, I will tune in live.

Andrew is our 2nd guest....But if I may be so bold, I think you may really enjoy tonights show, try not to skip it.

DS

trostol

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 14, 2018, 09:50:16 PM
Andrew is our 2nd guest....But if I may be so bold, I think you may really enjoy tonights show, try not to skip it.

DS

sadly i have to..work comes early

AstroBuzz

Hello! Turned on and tuned in!

Lilith

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 14, 2018, 09:50:16 PM

DS

Dave, Dave, Dave,  :-\

Alright, I'll give the first guest a chance...

but only because you asked.   :-*