• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on October 12, 2016, 12:05:51 AM
Why respond to people who have already decided?

Rather than bore you with "could be's" and "possibly's", I will just point you to the SEC doccument where he donated over 2.5 BILLION dollars in stock in 2016 alone. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/315090/000119312516648302/d225604dsc13da.htm  Feel free to peruse it and critique it.  there are others going back many years.  And yes, that is on the SEC website and was his filing.

As to his income- you may or may not know that he requested that the Berkshire board cap his compensation at $600 000 per year.  Unlike the other greedy SOB CEO's, he did not want a 10 million dollar bonus.  Most of his net worth is in stock (shockingly, Berkshire Hathaway.)  If you hold stock, you will know that you are not taxed on it year over year.  Just when you sell it.  So yes- if he did not cash in stock, he would not have a massive income to report.

Keep digging and arguing.  But at least look at what the man has donated to date, and what he pledges to in the future (hint- he is saying 99% of his wealth will be gone before he dies or upon his death.)

I know if you idolize a man who gives nothing and wants it all (let's say somebody like Trump) then the fact that a billionaire would give away damn near all of his fortune and not demand a 10 million dollar bonus annually for building one of the most successful funds may come as a shock.  But there are people out there in place like Omaha who do not want a golden toilet to shit in while millions cannot feed themselves.

Alright, sure. I'll look it over if you watch this movie by Jamie Johnson, heir to the Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical fortune. It's pretty good and not the witch hunt you might expect. Rather it's from the perspective of of a rich kid who had the gumption to ask, "Hey, why are we so rich when the rest of the country seems to be going down the toilet?!"  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmlX3fLQrEc

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2016, 12:14:21 AM
Alright, sure. I'll look it over if you watch this movie by Jamie Johnson, heir to the Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical fortune. It's pretty good and not the witch hunt you might expect. Rather it's from the perspective of of a rich kid who had the gumption to ask, "Hey, why are we so rich when the rest of the country seems to be going down the toilet?!"  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmlX3fLQrEc
To be honest with you- I really don't care if you look it over.  It is four pages, very bland and only tells you that he gave billions of dollars of shares to three or four foundations in 2016.  I only put it out there because people seem to be crying that he is gaming the system on his taxes and his claims on donations...

We will see about the video at a later date- I have some work to finish up for tomorrow.

Jackstar

Quote from: analog kid on October 11, 2016, 05:56:33 PM
Do you know anybody who talks about forcing himself on married women while he's married and his wife is pregnant?

Literally every single prep cook I ever worked with. Not a large number, nor a legit sample, nevertheless I submit this as relevant and compelling evidence.

Quote from: analog kid on October 11, 2016, 05:56:33 PM
Because I've never met anyone like that.

... that you know of. You know, you make a lot of conjectures based on untested assumptions, has a girl ever told you that?

theONE

birds of prey....

[attachment deleted by admin]

I Was RFK’s Speechwriter. Now I’m Voting for Trump. Here’s Why.
The Democratic Party has become something both JFK and RFK would deploreâ€"the party of war.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/rfk-trump-2016-democratic-party-speechwriter-214270#ixzz4Mr2aXtRc
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2016, 01:40:55 AM
The Democratic Party has become something both JFK and RFK would deploreâ€"the party of war.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/rfk-trump-2016-democratic-party-speechwriter-214270#ixzz4Mr2aXtRc

Exactly! This is what I've been saying all along. They've become the thing they used to hate. What's the point?! My values haven't changed all that much. The only difference? My politics aren't for sale like the Democrats are.  >:(

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2016, 01:51:33 AM
Exactly! This is what I've been saying all along. They've become the thing they used to hate. What's the point?! My values haven't changed all that much. The only difference? My politics aren't for sale like the Democrats are.  >:(

I've always been for a strong military but as I've gotten older,  I question the US's habit of getting involved in areas where we have no business being.  We're not the policeman of the world and we should stay out of the Middle East completely unless Israel, Greece or possibly Turkey are badly attacked.  Those are the exceptions I make.  There are some others, a major invasion of the Middle East by a world power (possibly Iran in the not-so-distant future).  No more wars for oil.  I also think we should not be Japan's and South Korea's military. Aid them if they are threatened but it is time that they were independent.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2016, 02:21:20 AM
I've always been for a strong military but as I've gotten older,  I question the US's habit of getting involved in areas where we have no business being.  We're not the policeman of the world and we should stay out of the Middle East completely unless Israel, Greece or possibly Turkey are badly attacked.  Those are the exceptions I make.  There are some others, a major invasion of the Middle East by a world power (possibly Iran in the not-so-distant future).  No more wars for oil.  I also think we should not be Japan's and South Korea's military. Aid them if they are threatened but it is time that they were independent.

It's time we heal ourselves before prescribing to the world.  ;)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2016, 01:40:55 AM

You should also post the Politico article written by the other RFK associate who said, correctly, that this speechwriter was full of crap.

norland2424

japan was banned from forming its own military after ww2 but they are finally building there forces up to counter china.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2016, 02:41:25 AM
It's time we heal ourselves before prescribing to the world.  ;)

Exactly.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 12, 2016, 02:44:42 AM
You should also post the Politico article written by the other RFK associate who said, correctly, that this speechwriter was full of crap.

You can post it if you want.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 12, 2016, 02:49:00 AM
japan was banned from forming its own military after ww2 but they are finally building there forces up to counter china.

I didn't know that.  When was the ban lifted?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2016, 02:50:15 AM
You can post it if you want.

Do I have to do everything? I guess so.

Here is a much more realistic perspective. I think the other guy was on drugs or something.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/robert-f-kennedy-donald-trump-party-of-war-214274

norland2424

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2016, 02:51:42 AM
I didn't know that.  When was the ban lifted?

i dont think it fully has but pretty much they werent allowed to have a real strong military , so we took looking after them.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 12, 2016, 02:58:34 AM
i dont think it fully has but pretty much they werent allowed to have a real strong military , so we took looking after them.

Right. I guess the US is still worried that someone over there still holds a grudge about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm not worried about Japan. Let them do their own thing. 

norland2424

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2016, 03:02:20 AM
Right. I guess the US is still worried that someone over there still holds a grudge about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm not worried about Japan. Let them do their own thing.

no its been out of our hands for a while , the japnanese government added it to their own constution

"According to an article in Pravda, the Russian political publication, on May 30, 2013, the Council of National Defense of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), approved a draft proposal for the "full-scale rearmament of the country." This was said to include the renaming of the Japan Self-Defense Forces into that of a full army for national defense. Ex-ministers of the LDP, Shigeru Ishiba and Gen Nakatani were identified as the prime movers behind the proposed large scale rearmament of Japan. They presented a draft reform of the rearmament that was approved and sent to the Government for consideration. Shigeru Ishiba called the current restrictions imposed after the Second World War on the size of the Japanese armed forces as long out of date"

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2016, 03:02:20 AM

It's up to the Japanese to amend their constitution or not, not us. We'd prefer that they didn't, but if we start pulling out bases we will force them to arm up. That wouldn't be a good thing, IMO.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 12, 2016, 03:07:19 AM
no its been out of our hands for a while , the japnanese government added it to their own constution

"According to an article in Pravda, the Russian political publication, on May 30, 2013, the Council of National Defense of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), approved a draft proposal for the "full-scale rearmament of the country." This was said to include the renaming of the Japan Self-Defense Forces into that of a full army for national defense. Ex-ministers of the LDP, Shigeru Ishiba and Gen Nakatani were identified as the prime movers behind the proposed large scale rearmament of Japan. They presented a draft reform of the rearmament that was approved and sent to the Government for consideration. Shigeru Ishiba called the current restrictions imposed after the Second World War on the size of the Japanese armed forces as long out of date"

Thanks for the info, man.  :D ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: cosman on October 11, 2016, 11:40:00 PM
Buffett is fond of saying his tax rate is lower than his secretary’s. He does not publicize his tax returns, but for the tax year 2010, he paid $6.9 million on taxable income of $39.8 million, according to partial disclosures he made in 2011.

What is astounding about those numbers is not the 17.3% tax rate, but that Buffett’s $39.8 million of taxable income is only about 0.05% of his reported net worth ($71 billion according to Forbes, which put him third on its list of the 400 wealthiest people in the world for 2015).

Proportionately, that’s like someone with an ever-expanding net worth, currently $10 million, reporting taxable income of only $5,000 and paying a federal tax bill of only $900.

This has already been written, but I don't know how any adult could not understand the difference between changes in net worth and taxable income.  I can only assume that cosman has never prepared his own taxes, but, even with that, this is mining the depths of ignorance.  Clearly another one of the poorly educated Donald Trump loves.

136 or 142

Dena Hall
October 10 at 5:00pm ·

Paraphrased from a Facebook Friend:
What amazes me is that no matter what Trump says or does he loses no support from his base. The tape not only reveals how he thinks of women, but is a record of his sexual assaults against them. The sexual assault piece is what most reporting has failed to stress. This is not just "locker room banter," it is a confession of criminal acts against women.

His base is consumed with the sexual life of former president Bill Clinton, but never turns the same judgmental eye towards their own candidate. In fact, no matter what is reported about him they remain loyal followers. No moral inventory seems to occur where Trump is concerned either by the candidate or his supporters. How do you hold this man up as a role model to children? How do you hold him up as fit to wield such enormous power and influence? How do you imagine that someone so utterly incapable of managing a campaign for the presidency will be able to handle the exponentially more difficult tasks inherent to the office?

Whether you believe Clinton to be a good candidate or not should not in any way diminish your ability to appropriately evaluate the multiple deficits that Trump embodies. For just a moment, I would love if his supporters would consider their criticisms of other politicians as they think about the person they continue to champion.

analog kid

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2016, 12:45:26 AM

... that you know of. You know, you make a lot of conjectures based on untested assumptions, has a girl ever told you that?

Says the guy who provides anecdotes about a few asshole coworkers. Everybody is a creep in your world. That's nice.

It's a lame and hypocritical defense of trump to begin with.

Trump lol. I still can`t believe the humpers fell for that clown.

SciFiAuthor

Indeed. Hillary's presidency will be one of warfare, economic ignorance and further degradation, and scandal. Or, if you will, business as usual. The time for that was over decades ago. Neoconservatism and liberalism, which are essentially the same thing, destroyed America.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 12, 2016, 06:23:29 AM
Dena Hall

What amazes me is that no matter what Trump says or does he loses no support from his base. The tape not only reveals how he thinks of women, but is a record of his sexual assaults against them. The sexual assault piece is what most reporting has failed to stress. This is not just "locker room banter," it is a confession of criminal acts against women.

His base is consumed with the sexual life of former president Bill Clinton, but never turns the same judgmental eye towards their own candidate. In fact, no matter what is reported about him they remain loyal followers. No moral inventory seems to occur where Trump is concerned either by the candidate or his supporters. How do you hold this man up as a role model to children? How do you hold him up as fit to wield such enormous power and influence? How do you imagine that someone so utterly incapable of managing a campaign for the presidency will be able to handle the exponentially more difficult tasks inherent to the office?

Whether you believe Clinton to be a good candidate or not should not in any way diminish your ability to appropriately evaluate the multiple deficits that Trump embodies. For just a moment, I would love if his supporters would consider their criticisms of other politicians as they think about the person they continue to champion.

If Trump ordered (because he'd be too frightened to get his own hands dirty) a few of his most loyal disciples to walk into a kindergarten and murder all the children, rape the women teachers before shooting them too as it was all being videoed for Trump to broadcast live; there'd still be those at his rallies who would defend him, and others there who would say the kids and teachers asked for it.

CornyCrow

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 12, 2016, 06:23:29 AM
Dena Hall

Because although Trump supporters pretend that they are on the moral high ground, they are not.  Many are religious nazis.  The radicals on the right in this country used to be the racists, the KKK and Nazis.  They are heard from much less in current times because such racism as they preached was the antithesis of the founding principles of this country, and they were just not gaining traction.  The thing that was more of a common denominator was religion, so the emphasis became the godly war .  This has enabled the creeps to get a bigger foothold into US politics. 

So, most are hypocrites using any means to their end.  The rest are just fuzzy thinking dupes.

CornyCrow

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-tells-rally-crowd-to-vote-on-november-28-2016-10

I would urge all Republicans to get out there and vote on the 28th.  Your vote counts!

You know, this caught me by surprise. Gee, I just never would have guessed that Trump was a creepy old pervert. Go figure.

Walking in UNannounced to the Miss TEEN USA contestant`s dressing room. Let me tell ya, when I ran adult night clubs a thousand years ago, I ALWAYS made sure the ladies knew I was coming in no matter what!

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/miss-teen-usa-donald-trump-dressing-rooms-walked-in/2016/10/12/id/752995/