• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Zenman

If everybody here focuses good vibes your way, maybe we can break up some of the electrical charges building up over your area, Art. Or move all the electrical storms over to Dave's area.

lonevoice

Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry - all forms of fear - are caused by too much future, and not enough presence
~Eckhart Tolle

sydtron

Quote from: Borris_the_Spider on July 19, 2015, 05:29:03 PM
Does this even mean no show for AM/FM and Shortwave if you do lose power? Im hoping that the power is pretty strong like it is up in St George UT, we got a strong 2 hour storm but did not lose power. (but my web washed away, just spun it thursday) We have not lost power from lightning in several years, iirc. But if you usually can lose power sometimes, Spider Nation is hoping for the best and sending you dry thoughts :D

Yeah. No power, no show.  Cause the terrstrial stations will pick up the stream via the internet.  If Art cant stream then he is sunk.  Mother nature is a fickle whore. 

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on July 19, 2015, 01:56:18 PM
My curiosity is piqued.  I may tune in to Knapp just for his intro just to see what he says.  Of course, Art will be on simultaneously.
Only the first live hour of Knapp tonight is on at the same time as Art's open lines 2 hour test show.
Many radio stations and their streams repeat that first hour after the 4 hour live c2c show is over, so I plan to catch it on that replay (2am PT) and listen to Art's show live tonight.

Catsmile

Quote from: Art Bell on July 19, 2015, 05:14:06 PM
My Studio has back up power BUT the Microwave Internet hops that come from Las Vegas do not. I am sure they will get this taken care of soon but everything I use, phone lines, Shype, even sending the show depend on Internet.

Art

Maybe if you post this 3 or 4 moar tiems, it will start to sink in... or not.

sydtron

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 19, 2015, 05:31:33 PM
Question:  What is your favorite bumper?  Post it!   8)

Tie between the Crunchy Granola Suite ovature. And Lee Hazelwoods SVM.  close second wohld be the pointer sisters.

onan

Quote from: lonevoice on July 19, 2015, 05:36:11 PM
Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry - all forms of fear - are caused by too much future, and not enough presence
~Eckhart Tolle

Living in the past is depression, in the future is anxiety.

onan

PING

Redacted where's the selfie you, Aldous & Art took when you were at the Bell bunker? I can't be the only one that wants to see that.

Catsmile

K_Dubb

Don't know what it is but there's this really eerie moogy piece he plays like during UFO shows that just fits perfectly.  Thought it was ELP but can't find it anywhere.

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on July 19, 2015, 04:15:17 PM
This is going to be wild, look what I have coming...

Art
The rain storm just passed over my area in Southern CA in the past hour, it wasn't as intense as yesterday however when I got lots of loud thunder and lightning that scared my cat!

jazmunda

Listen to a GabCast LIVE tonight (Sunday) at approx 5pm PST/8pm EST. (may now be a little bit later)

Listen LIVE and chat at http://ufoship.com/chat

Call the show: 623-242-CAST(2278)

Skype call: The.GabCast

Contact GabCast by email: thegabcastemail@gmail.com

You can follow GabCast on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegabcast

Twitter: @TheGabCast

Marc.Knight

When does the "test show" begin tonight?

Northcoaster

Quote from: Marc.Knight on July 19, 2015, 05:44:17 PM
When does the "test show" begin tonight?
It's from 9-11 pacific.

PING

These set the mood perfectly for the guests

Evelyn Paglini- Devil Woman by Cliff Richard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJwwIDCeqoU

GIS- Don't Fear the Reaper Blue Oyster Cult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

munbeam666

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 19, 2015, 05:35:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi94mMed6EQ
I've always loved that song. BTW, one of the characters in the song suggests a death as a dam worker.
In the 1930s, there were a number of deaths from dam building in the west (WPA)....especially Hoover Dam. Workers died like flies

lonevoice

Quote from: onan on July 19, 2015, 05:39:50 PM
Living in the past is depression, in the future is anxiety.

onan
Every second we spend worrying about something that may never happen breathes life into a soul-sucking vampire.

lonevoice

Morgus

Uh-oh, the Dark Matter stream has been having issues starting up for me today and yesterday, it had been fine for weeks before that.
Same issue on my PC (direct wired to cable internet router) or wifi or wireless to my smartphone using the TuneIn app.
On my PC I can try the direct stream URL using an app like Winamp, the PC TuneIn browser, or the popup player at the DM website - they all seem to have an issue often of not being able to start the connection.

If I keep trying with all the different methods, eventually after trying over and over for several minutes it will finally make a connection and seems steady after that.
Its just getting the stream playing initially thats the issue, its like the stream is close to overloaded and I have to wait until some other user drops off or something, so its kinda aggravating and disappointing it just started to doing it this weekend right when Art is going to start broadcasting! The DM stream used to startup within a few seconds before this weekend, I just wish it would work like that again.

I have no such issues at all with other streams like the Gabcast stream or other radio station streams, etc., only the Dark Matter stream (mp3 or aac).
I'm not sure where to report this technical stream startup issue - does Keith have a tech support hotline email?

kennedymaure

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2015, 05:48:11 PM
Uh-oh, the Dark Matter stream has been having issues starting up for me today and yesterday, it had been fine for weeks before that.
Same issue on my PC (direct wired to cable internet router) or wifi or wireless to my smartphone using the TuneIn app.
On my PC I can try the direct stream URL using an app like Winamp, the PC TuneIn browser, or the popup player at the DM website - they all seem to have an issue often of not being able to start the connection.
If I keep trying with all the different methods, eventually it will finally make a connection and seems steady after that.
Its just getting the stream playing initially thats the issue, its like the stream is close to overloaded and I have to wait until some other user drops off or something, so its kinda aggravating and disappointing it just started to doing it this weekend right when Art is going to start broadcasting!

I'm not sure where to report these technical stream issues - does Keith have a tech support hotline email?

You are kidding, right?

Catsmile

If I keep trying with all the different methods, eventually it will finally make a connection and seems steady after that.
Its just getting the stream playing initially thats the issue, its like the stream is close to overloaded and I have to wait until some other user drops off or something, so its kinda aggravating and disappointing it just started to doing it this weekend right when Art is going to start broadcasting!

I have no such issues at all with other streams like the Gabcast stream or other radio station streams, etc., only the Dark Matter stream (mp3 or aac).
I'm not sure where to report this technical stream startup issue - does Keith have a tech support hotline email?

Ditto

I don't get Stream Guiz ad upon starting the stream nao... so...

Quote from: munbeam666 on July 19, 2015, 05:47:41 PM
I've always loved that song. BTW, one of the characters in the song suggests a death as a dam worker.
In the 1930s, there were a number of deaths from dam building in the west (WPA)....especially Hoover Dam

Aye.

That song is about reincarnation or a Time Lord.

;D

Morgus

Quote from: Catsmile on July 19, 2015, 05:51:17 PM
Ditto
Catsmile, you are also experiencing the same DM stream startup problem I described?

Needle woman

Redacted, I really enjoyed your your interview of Art!  I hope to hear more from you.

I wish to thank each and every one of you who have been steadfast and instrumental in advertising Art's return. And a big thanks to MV for providing this forum for all of us to share our admiration of Art.

Tomorrow night's going to be a blast! 😄

Catsmile

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2015, 05:52:39 PM
Catsmile, you are also experiencing the same DM stream startup problem I described?

Yes, intermittently. However I can retry the streams and get connected.
Also, I don't get the Stream Guyz ad at the start of the stream now... so... we will see.

EDIT: Seems okay for the moment for both .ACC and .MP3.
Are we there yet?

Morgus

Quote from: Catsmile on July 19, 2015, 05:55:43 PM
Yes, intermittently. However I can retry the streams and get connected.
Also, I don't get the Stream Guyz ad at the start of the stream now... so... we will see.
That sounds like the same stream startup issue, intermitten and have to keep retrying several times for several minutes to get connected.
Weird that we didn't have this startup issue before THIS weekend!

Maybe its some kind of internet attack on the DM servers by some unknown agency?  8)

Marc.Knight

If I keep trying with all the different methods, eventually after trying over and over for several minutes it will finally make a connection and seems steady after that.
Its just getting the stream playing initially thats the issue, its like the stream is close to overloaded and I have to wait until some other user drops off or something, so its kinda aggravating and disappointing it just started to doing it this weekend right when Art is going to start broadcasting! The DM stream used to startup within a few seconds before this weekend, I just wish it would work like that again.

Same problem for me.  I have not been able to start-up with DM all evening.  Tunein takes a minute or two, and then connects with no problem. 

Jackstar

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 19, 2015, 05:51:55 PM
That song is about reincarnation or a Time Lord.

it can be both!