• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 11:41:57 AM
I do NOT want to start a wild rumor.
Well this has never happened here before; lol.......

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 11:41:57 AM
I do NOT want to start a wild rumor.. just adding food for thought.
I have a contact at Cumulus radio I have used before. I called the person today and asked this; "Is there anyone there I can talk to regarding whether a certain person that may be joining with Cumulus?"   They were obliging my request and attempting to get a number.. then I said, "Specifically, is Art Bell coming to Cumulus?"  Suddenly the cooperation ended and the spirit turned a little more "I don't have a name to share with you" and "any negotiations with anyone would be private until the press release would be issued, if the name you said would be a player with us."

I for one am not reading anything into this.
But I am curious if others would?

And since we're a running soap opera of amazing posts and fun things, I wanted to share my call..
Again, as for me, I am not reading into it.

I so much prefer the old military standard:

"I can neither confirm, or deny, ____________."

ItsOver

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 27, 2015, 11:56:49 AM
I don't think Art would give a ding if it is true right at this moment because of the negotiations. I will get a bonk or dead air. If it's dead air, you can  bet it's Cumulus.
Yes, I believe you're right.  I wouldn't even remotely want Art to screw-up whatever is going on by telling too much.

Just...

Needle woman

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2015, 12:01:16 PM
Yes, I believe you're right.  I wouldn't even remotely want Art to screw-up whatever is going on by telling too much.

Just...

munbeam666

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 03:33:26 PM
Ok, our big player is still very much in play, if need be we will look at others. I will let you know when we sign on the dotted line and agree to this ten Year NC.

Have I mentioned KNYE?

Art
Art, along with KNYE, would you be willing to check out KGOE up here in Humboldt County? They might also be willing to broadcast your show

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: munbeam666 on February 27, 2015, 12:17:45 PM
Art, along with KNYE, would you be willing to check out KGOE up here in Humboldt County? They might also be willing to broadcast your show

I also have an old CCrane FM transmitter I'm willing to offer up.

cweb

Funny, I was going to guess CBS. I guess we'll see!

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on February 27, 2015, 12:30:08 PM
I also have an old CCrane FM transmitter I'm willing to offer up.
I'll throw in my CCrane Twin Coil Ferrite® AM Antenna Signal Booster.  Maybe Art can sell it for big bucks to help cover bumper costs.

Art Bell

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

malliard

Quote from: Art Bell on February 27, 2015, 12:36:19 PM
Iam so excited, what if I said ding?
Wouldnt that mean a return to "real" radio if you want with Cumulus? inless they have an internet product  i am unaware of?

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 27, 2015, 11:58:13 AM
The Big C to Dave and his 'bots.  FTDB!
Dave is telling his Mum he doesn't feel too good today. ;)

DesertFox

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

You too, Art!   Your recent updates sure are making a lot happy around here.

ItsOver

I see what happened here.  ;)  "Nothing to see, folks.  Move along.  And a good day to all!"

trust_no_one

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

Happy Friday, Art.  Appreciate you keeping us up to date !  :)

trust_no_one

Quote from: MV on February 27, 2015, 12:50:31 PM
I think you guys have missed the clue here.

I think we got the clue.  ;-)

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

And a golden and special Friday to you Art.  ;)

DesertFox

Quote from: MV on February 27, 2015, 12:50:31 PM
I think you guys have missed the clue here.

Wouldn't the quotation shown by Malliard be a big fat clue?

Quote from: MV on February 27, 2015, 10:30:29 AM
When I tune in I get some looped message about closeting.
A special message just for you?  Might be a hint of some sort. Does it mention anything about coming out of closets?

PrairieGhost

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

Happy Friday! Enjoy your day Sir!

If it's Cumulus, that could explain why Dave + Premiere are trying to get the streams of old Art shows shut down. They don't want any potential new fans hearing Art shows if he is going to be on a level playing field come July. It will be interesting to see if they keep airing SIT if this is where Art is going.

I think we should bookmark the PR page... http://www.cumulus.com/cmls/

Eddie Coyle

Cumulus on the verge of acquiring CBS Radio...big player and then some.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 10:51:20 PM
Hi once again, funny nobody has even guessed who our big player is but things with them are going very well indeed with respect to all my (3) main requirements and it looks good indeed.

On another subject it truly amazes me that Dave is involved in a fight to what? Shut down all the sights playing MY old shows? I am shocked that he is not chasing the thousands of sites that pilfer his large stock of the best of Dave stuff, oh wait, now I get it.

Art

As a listener and supporter of U7 Radio I must say this is absolutely sad, sad news. I am so fuming with anger right now I can't think straight. George Noory is such a snake.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 27, 2015, 01:08:22 PM
   Cumulus on the verge of acquiring CBS Radio...big player and then some.

And this is a little dated but shows that Cumulus is a little more forward thinking than Premiere

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/6077407/rdio-cumulus-partnership-podcasts-more-music

The General

Quote from: Azzerae on February 27, 2015, 01:08:29 PM
As a listener and supporter of U7 Radio I must say this is absolutely sad, sad news. I am so fuming with anger right now I can't think straight. George Noory is such a snake.
There will always be more streams popping up.  Don't worry.  Premiere can play whack-a-mole all they want, just find the new stream when the old one shuts down.  It's easy if you know how to work the internet.  There's at least 6 other streams that are better than U7 anyway, U7 plays the same shows over and over and the same stupid JC bits between every show. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on February 27, 2015, 01:03:54 PM
If it's Cumulus, that could explain why Dave + Premiere are trying to get the streams of old Art shows shut down. They don't want any potential new fans hearing Art shows if he is going to be on a level playing field come July. It will be interesting to see if they keep airing SIT if this is where Art is going.
Nothing like demonstrating every Saturday night how superior Art is to that other crap they air at night.