• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151123 - Michio Kaku - Sciencey Stuff - Live Show Chat

Started by jazmunda, November 23, 2015, 05:30:09 PM

Zenman

Quote from: popple on November 23, 2015, 11:29:32 PM

Fancy seein ya here on this type 1 telephone.

My type 1 telephone is running slow. When do the type 2s come out?

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 23, 2015, 11:30:09 PM
Dr Kaku is worried about people who want to take us back to 1000 AD.

I'm more concerned about the people who want to take us back to 1950.
I'm not. Good economy, less crime, good tv/movies, good family life, etc and yes, some wars "police actions", but not still the constant war policies and other craziness.

VtaGeezer

I'd rather get weird and paranormal news than the stale stuff.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: trostol on November 23, 2015, 11:31:09 PM
didnt say it didnt..but using the MLS as an example is not the way to go lol american football will never be as popular as soccer..soccer is just far too easier to get into and pick up in poorer countries..and even Football itself is imploding on itself even during its popularity...i am wonderign when it will be turned into roboball and people dont actually play it

I like watching a good soccer game.  I'm just shitting you.  I like most sports.  Well, now Cricket...  for some reason my mind turns to jelly as I watch that sport...

Mastodonkey

I literally can't even follow what she's saying or comprehend it.. her voice is so insufferably monotone

Ciardelo

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 23, 2015, 11:30:09 PM
Dr Kaku is worried about people who want to take us back to 1000 AD.

I'm more concerned about the people who want to take us back to 1950.

Yeah, going back to a prosperous and peaceful era would be a real bummer.

Barfly

My internet has been on and off all day, dont know if i will make it through the show..FUCK COMCAST

Juan Cena

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 23, 2015, 11:16:19 PM
Problem being, Kardashev was most likely wrong. Type III civilizations probably use almost no energy.

Because they merged with The Singularity, right?

albrecht

Streiber commercial. Guest soon? Hopefully. Ok, I know but still 'dance with the one that brought ya' sorta.

Ciardelo

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 23, 2015, 11:31:04 PM
😁 what movie was that? It was a Bond movie, right? Your spy 'cousin' Clardelo.
ahh, I do not know, I thought I just now thought it up ;)

Mastodonkey

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 23, 2015, 11:33:27 PM
nbirnes is in charge of that. They post the song list on another thread.

well no shat but was hoping somebody knew it now, alas i shall wait nbirnes post later

TigerLily

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 23, 2015, 11:26:59 PM
I've heard that there's a mall in California where parking spaces were given rooflike structures with solar panels.
That makes tons of sense. If they are also fireproof it should be required

coaster

When I think of soccer I imagine a bunch of third world folks kicking a dead animal's head around a dusty field. It hasn't evolved much as a sport.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: nbirnes on November 23, 2015, 11:29:06 PM
Dr. Strangelove?
I think that was it. Every time I visit the National Atomic Testing Museum, I think about that guy riding that bomb down in that movie. Sidenote: the Area 51 part of that museum is pretty fun and soon to get better.

jazmunda

Psychics advertising messages from dead relatives over the holidays? Really?

Quote from: Barfly on November 23, 2015, 11:34:02 PM
My internet has been on and off all day, dont know if i will make it through the show..FUCK COMCAST

yep, FUCK YOU COMCAST!!!!!!111

fucking hate comcast.

trostol

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 23, 2015, 11:33:13 PM
I like watching a good soccer game.  I'm just shitting you.  I like most sports.  Well, now Cricket...  for some reason my mind turns to jelly as I watch that sport...

i have ..no idea about that sport..but then again it is never on here lol

Mastodonkey

Quote from: coaster on November 23, 2015, 11:35:53 PM
When I think of soccer I imagine a bunch of third world folks kicking a dead animal's head around a dusty field. It hasn't evolved much as a sport.

reminds me in fallout 3 I would smack around a severed head with a club, me and my friend called it Wasteland Golf

Ciardelo

Quote from: norland2424 on November 23, 2015, 11:35:21 PM
hows the show tonight?
Pretty good. MK says Aliens are on the table, and there was an early Noory burn. Oh, and MK doesn't get Football references.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 23, 2015, 11:34:23 PM
Because they merged with The Singularity, right?

Probably, but there's a bigger issue. Such a society would be collecting the power of all suns of a galaxy using some variant of a Dyson sphere. That would create a unique infrared signature to the overall spectrum of the galaxy in which they live as that technology reradiated waste heat. A systematic study over 100,000 galaxies revealed not a single one with such a spectrum.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 23, 2015, 11:33:29 PM
Yeah, going back to a prosperous and peaceful era would be a real bummer.

Peaceful if you don't count the Korean War. Or Segregation. or McCarthyism.

Barfly

Quote from: Crash Folly on November 23, 2015, 11:36:16 PM
yep, FUCK YOU COMCAST!!!!!!111

fucking hate comcast.
They just started a 300gig cap on us in the Keys and some other places, i hate them fuckers

doctor weird

anybody else offended by the "psychic" advertising her services for the holidays? that's sad.