• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 27, 2015, 01:03:45 AM
I just found that today too, or maybe yesterday.  I was going post it but then saw Horror Repoter seemed to be the author, so thought it might be old news to all of you.

It's old news. It's a new site I virtually just use as a mirror site.

If anyone wants to read about KNYE, I found a nice article about art's friend Karen. Art is mentioned a lot too.

http://www.pahrumplifemagazine.com/PahrumpLife15web.pdf

dan7800

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 10:51:20 PM
Hi once again, funny nobody has even guessed who our big player is but things with them are going very well indeed with respect to all my (3) main requirements and it looks good indeed.

On another subject it truly amazes me that Dave is involved in a fight to what? Shut down all the sights playing MY old shows? I am shocked that he is not chasing the thousands of sites that pilfer his large stock of the best of Dave stuff, oh wait, now I get it.

Art

That shouldn't surprise you. I listen to your old shows on all long drives and when I am going to bed at night. They are 100x better than the crap on the radio today.

Take away the T-Bone so everyone is happy with the expired Pizza Rolls.

Chaim

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 27, 2015, 06:05:05 AM
If anyone wants to read about KNYE, I found a nice article about art's friend Karen. Art is mentioned a lot too.

http://www.pahrumplifemagazine.com/PahrumpLife15web.pdf

does anyone here know if KNYE is still broadcasting C2C, and if so when?
I think it's kinda boring that they have a new slogan "the big voice of the valley" - instead of "things that go Pahrump in the Night", and that they spell K.N.Y.E. instead of K nigh.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 03:33:26 PM
Ok, our big player is still very much in play, if need be we will look at others. I will let you know when we sign on the dotted line and agree to this ten Year NC.

Have I mentioned KNYE?

Art

Best post ever in the history of bellgab

IcicleTrepan

Hi once again, funny nobody has even guessed who our big player is but things with them are going very well indeed with respect to all my (3) main requirements and it looks good indeed.

On another subject it truly amazes me that Dave is involved in a fight to what? Shut down all the sights playing MY old shows? I am shocked that he is not chasing the thousands of sites that pilfer his large stock of the best of Dave stuff, oh wait, now I get it.

Art

hahaha it's because they know when you come back your main competitor will only be your old shows.  Noory can't compete.  Between new Art and old Art, nobody will want Noory.

ponyboysunset

Art

This, so much this! :)

pate

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 27, 2015, 06:05:05 AM
...art's friend Karen...

Art has friends?  Now that's newz yew ken use!

Delphi

I'm excited,  let us know all the details as soon as you sign it

wr250

Quote from: pate on February 27, 2015, 07:50:28 AM
Art has friends?  Now that's newz yew ken use!
but we are just vaguely loveable. maybe i should should mention K... errr never mind.

pate

Quote from: Delphi on February 27, 2015, 08:06:40 AM
I'm excited,  let us know all the details as soon as you sign it

Yaa, fershure, this non-competition stuff sounds grand, can I sign it two?

Producer-Paul

Quote from: Chaim on February 27, 2015, 06:51:43 AM
does anyone here know if KNYE is still broadcasting C2C, and if so when?
I think it's kinda boring that they have a new slogan "the big voice of the valley" - instead of "things that go Pahrump in the Night", and that they spell K.N.Y.E. instead of K nigh.

Nope.  No C2C.  It was removed quite a long time ago.
(That's a story in itself for another day)

KNYE is the FCC call sign for the station. 
That was the original call when Art built the station.

You're welcome.   8)

Delphi

So we are still on for Internet show right?  It's not going to be terrestrial is it?

sydtron

Just checked.. U7 is down. At least on TUNEIN.  went to the website. Still says they have a stream going. Can anyone confirm?

Quote from: sydtron on February 27, 2015, 09:49:14 AM
Just checked.. U7 is down. At least on TUNEIN.  went to the website. Still says they have a stream going. Can anyone confirm?

Stream as of this moment has not yet been DAVED. It's still running.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 09:58:02 AM

It's up for me too.

sydtron

Ok. ThNks. Must be my stupid phone.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 27, 2015, 10:29:04 AM
It's up for me too.

When I tune in I get some looped message about closeting.

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 09:58:02 AM
Dave.  Destroyer of all that is good.

Art
Take a wild guess and I'll say it's Cumulus.

ItsOver

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 27, 2015, 11:14:44 AM
Take a wild guess and I'll say it's Cumulus.
That's what I was wondering.  That's the route Savage went.  If they can keep him happy, which I'm not sure anyone can, they're probably salivating over Art.

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2015, 11:20:44 AM
That's what I was wondering.  That's the route Savage went.  If they can keep him happy, which I'm not sure anyone can, they're probably salivating over Art.
Indeed! ;D
And Ross is coincidentally at Cumulus doing lead ins for Savage.

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2015, 11:20:44 AM

I was about to post something similar to this, you beat me to it.. When Art said last night we are all still not guessing the player, we have named some big players. And small ones.
But we never looked at the obvious potential.

I am going to have to wait to see if I get the proverbial "ding, ding, ding" from Art. ;)

I do NOT want to start a wild rumor.. just adding food for thought.
I have a contact at Cumulus radio I have used before. I called the person today and asked this; "Is there anyone there I can talk to regarding whether a certain person that may be joining with Cumulus?"   They were obliging my request and attempting to get a number.. then I said, "Specifically, is Art Bell coming to Cumulus?"  Suddenly the cooperation ended and the spirit turned a little more "I don't have a name to share with you" and "any negotiations with anyone would be private until the press release would be issued, if the name you said would be a player with us."

I for one am not reading anything into this.
But I am curious if others would?

And since we're a running soap opera of amazing posts and fun things, I wanted to share my call..
Again, as for me, I am not reading into it.

ItsOver

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 27, 2015, 11:27:07 AM
Indeed! ;D
And Ross is coincidentally at Cumulus doing lead ins for Savage.
Ah, good point.  "Ding, ding, ding" or a big "bonk?"  :)

paladin1991

Art
It's not that we haven't guessed, good buddy.  It's our own little cunshpirashey of silence.  And as to the 'best of Dave' ?  Coffee out my nose and all over my keyboard.

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 11:41:57 AM
I have a contact at Cumulus radio I have used before. I called the person today and asked this; "Is there anyone there I can talk to regarding whether a certain person that may be joining with Cumulus?"   They were obliging my request and attempting to get a number.. then I said, "Specifically, is Art Bell coming to Cumulus?"  Suddenly the cooperation ended and the spirit turned a little more "I don't have a name to share with you" and "any negotiations with anyone would be private until the press release would be issued, if the name you said would be a player with us."

And since we're a running soap opera of amazing posts and fun things, I wanted to share my call..
Interesting.  Just as long as they didn't mention Dave Noorie.  ;)

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 11:41:57 AM

Silence is golden?

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2015, 11:42:05 AM
Ah, good point.  "Ding, ding, ding" or a big "bonk?"  :)
I don't think Art would give a ding if it is true right at this moment because of the negotiations. I will get a bonk or dead air. If it's dead air, you can  bet it's Cumulus.