• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Redwolf

Quote from: jazmunda on February 25, 2015, 06:01:15 PM
And the award for the most poorly timed post goes to ..... ;)

Anytime is the right time for 'Truth' and 'Love'  :) ;)

IcicleTrepan

I know everyone wants to try to help, but you're driving the poor guy crazy at this point.  Let's let him handle his business.

bateman

Hey! Has anyone suggested KNYE??

(kidding.)

Quote from: Art Bell on February 25, 2015, 05:33:16 PM
That guy is a asshole Davebot. I am not happy about the mess we are going through now but the truth is we are doing all we can to get this done, the facts are what they are and anybody who is
smart enough to do their own research knows it. I am trying every damn thing I can think of to get this done one way or another. If it ends up that we can't do it it will not be for a lack of trying. I don't make the rules, I am just trying to navigate through them.

Art

^ This cat's got claws. Keep calm & trust Art Bell!

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on February 25, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

(kidding.)

Salt meet open wound... :'(

ManiacMatt

Quote from: jazmunda on February 25, 2015, 05:58:26 PM
Art, would a mass consciousness experiment help?

Good idea.  Let's all get to it! 

Mass consciousness thought:  It's July 2015 and Art Bell's voice is piercing the night with mystery, suspense and intrigue.  JC calls, still bat-shit crazy.  The evil Jorch Nooron is cowering in his cave.

That guy is a asshole Davebot. I am not happy about the mess we are going through now but the truth is we are doing all we can to get this done, the facts are what they are and anybody who is
smart enough to do their own research knows it. I am trying every damn thing I can think of to get this done one way or another. If it ends up that we can't do it it will not be for a lack of trying. I don't make the rules, I am just trying to navigate through them.

Art

Once again, Art, send me a private message and I will give you the information needed to LEGALLY achieve your goal for your live broadcasts. I do not want to post this information in a public forum but there is a simple solution.

Quote from: Art Bell on February 25, 2015, 05:55:01 PM
Jeez I am tired of answering this. It has already been tried by others and resulted in a Lawsuit. This will be my final post here until I have news of some sort, good or bad. I understand some people think there are all sorts of ways to scam their way around this but the problem is that once the show gets big enough they will come after us.

As far as Whitley is concerned, I know about his song "The Oh of Pleasure" because I picked it out. He is using it and I wish him well. As for myself I do want my music and feel it is key to the energy of the show both for myself and those who listen. If you feel that is not so then feel free to start your own show with no music and I truly wish you luck, it's not for me.

Art

Well, that's pretty clear and concise.  Thank you for summing up your thoughts on these issues in one short post.

pate

That guy is a asshole Davebot. ...

No seriously, tell us what you really think Art.

I love you man.

Rush Concert "I Love You Man"

Cheers!

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on February 25, 2015, 05:55:01 PM
Jeez I am tired of answering this. It has already been tried by others and resulted in a Lawsuit. This will be my final post here until I have news of some sort, good or bad. I understand some people think there are all sorts of ways to scam their way around this but the problem is that once the show gets big enough they will come after us.

As far as Whitley is concerned, I know about his song "The Oh of Pleasure" because I picked it out. He is using it and I wish him well. As for myself I do want my music and feel it is key to the energy of the show both for myself and those who listen. If you feel that is not so then feel free to start your own show with no music and I truly wish you luck, it's not for me.

Art

Art--ignore the a-holes...we all know the world will always have them.  Crossing my fingers concerning the major player you are talking to.  You got months to find a solution--you've accomplished a lot in life, things much tougher than this.  I got faith you can do this.  Focus on the goal and yes ignore these boards until then.

I agree with Art; it's just not the same without the music. Art MUST be free to play the music he needs. It is a HUGE part of ..."the Art Bell experience."

Heather Wade

If Mass Consciousness experiment is what it takes, I'm on it right now.  I can tell you are exasperated over this, Art, but you're handling the Davebots like a pro.

WOTR

Quote from: bateman on February 25, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

It's funny that I was just thinking that KNYE might be willing to broadcast the new Art Bell show. 

If not, just call into the Gabcast nightly for a few hours and ask a guest some questions.

Yes, also kidding (least anybody believe that I am serious...)

WOTR

Quote from: The General on February 25, 2015, 01:25:56 PM
I'm still hoping that Y2K will reset the whole internet and you won't NEED to pay licensing fees anymore.  And also, FREE INTERNET for everybody...  if it works.  Probably should have happened by now, but I'm not coming out of my bunker til I get the all clear from my sources above ground.  I am running low on efoods and lucky strikes, so I'm gonna have to at least suit up and make a supply run.
Just order and have Fedex drop it down your hole.  No need to risk leaving the bunker when there are minions willing to risk their lives to deliver the supplies directly to your concrete-reinforced front (top?) door.

dan7800

Art, there are too many people here to don't read posts who just like to b*tch and ask the same questions over and over again.

Take your time, you WILL find a way back on the air.

phrodo

Quote from: Redwolf on February 25, 2015, 05:58:34 PM
..."I am trying every damn thing I can think of to get this done one way or another. If it ends up that we can't do it it will not be for a lack of trying. I don't make the rules, I am just trying to navigate through them."

Art

I gotta say...I want a new show as much as the most Die Hard Bell fan and I have always 100% been behind Art, through it all since the early-mid 90's when he was on the CBC, Dreamland, C2C and finally Dark Matter...I have always believed in him and I still will, because at the end of the day I truly hope he works this all out.

However...I am baffled by his lack of being 'FLEXIBLE' on the music, especially considering that most of the music for Dreamland and his CBC programs had one or maybe a few pieces of bumper music...not songs, but usually just sounds. They were his intro and outro and what mattered most was the content between the music/sounds.

For him to say that "I am trying every damn thing I can think of to get this done one way or another..." then he needs to start being a little more flexible and not just STICK with what he used to do on Dark Matter and C2C and REMEMBER he had shows before that with very little actual bumper music. Why the HELL would you want to cover the cost of $36k (or whatever) pr/month when YOU DON'T HAVE TOO!! He has proven himself, from his past shows, that bumper music/songs are NOT NECESSARY!

Re-Invent yourself Art...Art is your 1st name, you are an artist and a very talented one...you do not need to rely on the music you were used to...you don't need to use unsigned artists either...nor music/songs you don't like...but you can do what YOU DID for Dreamland and at the CBC...why was it ok then and not ok now? Of course you won't take it away from Whitley, but you can find another bad ass intro...of course you can!

People want your voice, your interviews, your raw talent...find FREE music, find FREE sounds (you used to use lightning and thunder as bumper music for crying out loud and that kicked ass). So in the end, if you come back to your loyal fans and say you can't do a show because you can't cover the $36k or more pr/moth to use the music you want...then you are being very disingenuous by saying "I am trying every damn thing I can think of to get this done one way or another..."

I say all this never to offend, I am not a Davebot, look at all my posts from the past 2 years if you don't believe me, I have not listened to C2C in over 5 years, Snory is the WORST!!

Artists find a way and everyone else just makes excuses! I have re-invented myself as an artist many time over the years and each time I grew as an artist...sometimes when we don't get it 'exactly' the way we 'want'...well, those are times to grow and adjust. I am thankful for not always getting what I want as an artist...because so much growth came from it :)

In my humble opinion, you have no excuse, whether you get to use ALL the music you want (Awesome for you!) or you have to be flexible and use cool sounds and re-invent your bumpers. You and Keith started Dark Matter Radio and have so many shows on there for people to listen to and NOT ONE of them pays $36k for bumper music...nobody needs to do that!!!

BE THE PIRATE YOU ARE! BE THE REBEL AGAIN!

We have 5 months to see what happens...I wish you all the best and I thank you for all you have done.

My fingers, like so many...are crossed! My humble 2 cents...out of love!

This is my last rant...I'm rooting for you Art! We believe in you! Your new show will KICK ASS in July!

Well said. Art's being pretty stubborn and inflexible about this HIS music thing. And saying if you don't like it start your own show is kinda being childish about it. I don't want my own show - I want to listen to Art's show - with or WITHOUT music bits that I can hear the WHOLE version of on youtube anytime I want. My feelings are that HE is the attraction .. not tidbits of music. But if he thinks he isn't that important -- well he's WRONG .. again. But that's just my opinion.

Xitheron

It looks like from the poll almost 30% of people would be disappointed about Art not having the bumper music. I would be disappointed too... but I would be more disappionted if there was no show at all. It kinda looks like the poll may be to show Art that people don't care, but I don't think he cares about the results of a poll. Just like he's said he doesn't like doing tv interviews etc, I'm sure he has no interest in trying to reinvent the way he is comfortable doing his show. He's going to do things the way he wants to do them or not at all. That's what makes it a great show. When he's happy and comfortable. And that's the way it ought to be. Do it your way Art!!!

I will say that I've suffered through many recordings of old shows where the static is so bad the talking was barely audible, but the subject matter and conversation was so good I had to hear it. So I'd take a new show even with no music and barely audible conversation if that's what it had to be, but if Art is not in his comfort zone, how good will it really be? Art- do what you gotta do..but please make it happen!!!

SnapT

I'll take Art's word for it, but a certain show called COAST TO COAST AM seems to be legally getting away with using radio stations to provide free live streams of their show without paying those jacked-up internet music streaming license fees.  I can't imagine they're paying like $0.50 per listener per night of their radio station streams.  But maybe they are.  Maybe that's why their parent company is losing like a billion dollars a year?  Hmmm...

The General

Quote from: wotr1 on February 25, 2015, 07:29:06 PM
Just order and have Fedex drop it down your hole. 
Can't trust 'em.
Also, that's what she said.
I get all my supplies from Skymall via BAX Global.

Quote from: The General on February 25, 2015, 06:12:02 PM
Seems to me that if there were a "way around it," one of the many thousands of podcasters would have figured it out by now. 

Thousands have. Keith Rowland has not. How simple is this -

QuoteRadionomy offers a no-cost streaming, music licensing and distribution platform for internet radio producers/stations. In addition to the no-cost services, Radionomy takes your station to all the major online radio directories automatically (and for free). Directories like iTunes, TuneIn, WindowsMedia, AppleTV, Sonos, and many more. They also offer a customizable HTML player that you can place on your website, blog, or social media site. Get an audience and Radionomy offers you a free mobile app dedicated to just your station for both iOS and Android devices.

Radionomy keeps its services ‘free’ because you barter with them for 4 minutes of air time per hour, which they sell to major brand advertisers via sister-company TargetSpot. TargetSpot is the largest digital ad network in the world serving more than 60 million impressions a month.

You can also search the built in music library for added music content. Search artists, songs names or genres in the upper right search bar then drag and drop those tracks into your playlist box. These tracks and the music you uploaded from your library are all covered under our music license for published music. We pay ASCAP, BMI, and SoundExchange.

So for 4 minutes of ads per hour you can have it all. No streaming costs and no licensing fees.

Art, private message me if you wish to get some free advice on how to get your live show rolling.

b_dubb

Quote from: The General on February 25, 2015, 09:54:36 PM
Can't trust 'em.
Also, that's what she said.
I get all my supplies from Skymall via BAX Global.
I'm all Pony Express.  Pony Express or nothing. 

I live in a cave.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EternalUndeadRadio on February 25, 2015, 06:32:30 PM
I do not want to post this information in a public forum...

I can't imagine why not.

Chaim

Would be best to ban anyone for a few weeks who makes suggestions about using free music, KNYE, or other braindead "suggestions" how Art should run his show. You don't want to drive away the King of talk shows from the forum. I wouldn't want to hear the same old every time I pay a visit to friends.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chaim on February 25, 2015, 10:23:07 PM
Would be best to ban anyone for a few weeks who makes suggestions about using free music, KNYE, or other "suggestions" how Art should run his show. You don't want to drive away the King of talk shows from the forum. I wouldn't want to hear the same old every time I pay a visit to friends.

You should be the last person making suggestions as to why others should be banned.

Quote from: MV on February 25, 2015, 10:10:47 PM
I can't imagine why not.

It is not good form to post private contact information in a public forum. I did post the information about Radionomy. They host over 60,000 stations and recently bought SHOUTcast. They are a 70 million dollar company and not some fly by night.

Quote from: The General on February 25, 2015, 01:25:56 PM
I'm still hoping that Y2K will reset the whole internet and you won't NEED to pay licensing fees anymore.  And also, FREE INTERNET for everybody...  if it works.  Probably should have happened by now, but I'm not coming out of my bunker til I get the all clear from my sources above ground.  I am running low on efoods and lucky strikes, so I'm gonna have to at least suit up and make a supply run.

yer a ballsy karma to live in a bunker with a cig brand called lucky strikes. like giving the finger in the face of oblivion. not to mention that the efood containers prolly have rfid chips. smoke em while the oxygen lasts...  8)

Art Bell

Ok, I am already breaking my no more post until rule....because this Radionomy thing sounds like a possible route, thank you we will contact them Tomorrow and see where it goes. Our big player is still very much in play but this looks like a good fallback. If anybody wants to contact me directly my email is knye@knye.com

If I sound frustrated at times it's because I am. Sorry
If I sound stubborn about the music it's because I am and I am not sorry about that.

Art

pate

Art, I believe you are allowed to break any rules you want.