• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: PaulAtreides on May 12, 2015, 05:31:51 PM
Have you ever been he projectile in a dwarf toss?

No. I have however thrown many midgets back in my younger days in a drunken stupor. I tossed a midget once in a Superman costume in Philly at a New Years party in a club. A lot of fun.

nika01

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 12, 2015, 05:33:39 PM
Intelligent life on earth.
well...I have seen Idiocracy and it is coming truer every day

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: nika01 on May 12, 2015, 05:35:03 PM
Now I am quite sure you are out of your mind

I will put Zahi Hawass' resume up against Nocock's any day of the week and twice on Sunday. So would any expert in the field of archaeology and anthropology. 

Mr. Hanky

Getting back to Bell, he had his day in the sun. If his 1st guest is Graham Nocock, it presumably will be the same show he did 20 years ago. Nothing new and the same recycled guests. Art, if you are reading this, it's time for new guests and new topics. You have the pipes and are a good interviewer. Try and provide your audience with some new guests and not the same recycled frauds.

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:38:50 PM
I will put Zahi Hawass' resume up against Nocock's any day of the week and twice on Sunday. So would any expert in the field of archaeology and anthropology.
You'd put an archaeologist's resume up against an author's when it came to archaeology? No kidding...who'd a thunk it?
No one is saying Hancock knows more about the field of archaeology. Pay attention, mental midget.

paladin1991

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:35:19 PM
No. I have however thrown many midgets back in my younger days in a drunken stupor. I tossed tossed off a midget once in a Superman costume in Philly at a New Years party in a club. A lot of fun.
Fixed.

nika01

Being an expert in an inbred field like Egyptology isnt exactly what I would call something to be proud of. Innovators are always hammered by the know it alls of the reigning academic paradigm. Hawass is too proud to admit the rather obvious connection between the Giza pyramids and Orions belt. That is enough for me to disqualify him as a scientist. He is a politician.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: coaster on May 12, 2015, 05:43:43 PM
You'd put an archaeologist's resume up against an author's when it came to archaeology? No kidding...who'd a thunk it?
No one is saying Hancock knows more about the field of archaeology. Pay attention, mental midget.

That's Mr. Midget to you.

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:46:00 PM
That's Mr. Midget to you.
Noted. Now can I toss you? edit-nm, that came out wrong. Sounds dirty.

chefist

Scientists talking about hard science a show would not make!

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: nika01 on May 12, 2015, 05:45:42 PM
Being an expert in an inbred field like Egyptology isnt exactly what I would call something to be proud of. Innovators are always hammered by the know it alls of the reigning academic paradigm. Hawass is too proud to admit the rather obvious connection between the Giza pyramids and Orions belt. That is enough for me to disqualify him as a scientist. He is a politician.

Hawass deals in facts, not nonsensical claims. There is no obvious connections to the pyramids and space. Hawaas defines the meaning of science. Nocock lives on Fantasy Island with Tattoo.

serenity

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:17:08 PM
Google it. I don't have enough space to type all the fraudulent claims Nocock has made in the name of archaeology.
Now while I realize that your aim is to stir up things for the sake of .......dwarfism or whatever. Some comments should just be kept to your self. Why risk offending someone’s sensibilities just  for the sake of it? Some of us listen because it's fun. Some of us believe or want to believe. Some to just be entertained. Some just want to listen and call BS on everything said. My wife won't watch a movie with me if there is any flying in it because I am so critical of mistakes, in the jargon, instruments etc. It all boils down to 2 things;
1. If you like it .......listen
2. If you don't then just throw yourself off a cliff, after changing the station first that is.
But remember this. We are all glad your here, but if all you will do is tear down every past, present or future guest Art had or will have or those of us that give guest suggestions, then maybe this isn't the place for you.
Some of us are not as stupid as we look. I do think that we can tell a fraud when we hear one. To some of us, it doesn't really matter. I do however hear that The Amazing Randy is looking for a noob assistant. However, if you feel you can't help your self, I have said my piece. I am ready for the flaming. Iv'e been flamed by the best, one more rookie won't matter

May we never go to Hell but may we always be on the way.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:49:23 PM
Hawass deals in facts, not nonsensical claims. There is no obvious connections to the pyramids and space. Hawaas defines the meaning of science. Nocock lives on Fantasy Island with Tattoo.

Hawass deals in the facts that get him press. Blocking out independent archaeologists and taking credit for the findings of others. Ever see Chasing Mummies? The guys a grumpy old codger who enjoyed his place in politics.

I'll give him credit for yelling at Zoe when she peed in the pyramid though. That was a no-no

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: serenity on May 12, 2015, 05:51:18 PM
Now while I realize that your aim is to stir up things for the sake of .......dwarfism or whatever. Some comments should just be kept to your self. Why risk offending someone’s sensibilities just  for the sake of it? Some of us listen because it's fun. Some of us believe or want to believe. Some to just be entertained. Some just want to listen and call BS on everything said. My wife won't watch a movie with me if there is any flying in it because I am so critical of mistakes, in the jargon, instruments etc. It all boils down to 2 things;
1. If you like it .......listen
2. If you don't then just throw yourself off a cliff, after changing the station first that is.
But remember this. We are all glad your here, but if all you will do is tear down every past, present or future guest Art had or will have or those of us that give guest suggestions, then maybe this isn't the place for you.
Some of us are not as stupid as we look. I do think that we can tell a fraud when we hear one. To some of us, it doesn't really matter. I do however hear that The Amazing Randy is looking for a noob assistant. However, if you feel you can't help your self, I have said my piece. I am ready for the flaming. Iv'e been flamed by the best, one more rookie won't matter

May we never go to Hell but may we always be on the way.

I've been a member on this site for a few years now. I haven't posted in a while. I still read the thread though. What got me to post today was reading that Bell's first guest will be Nocock. It tells me that his new show will be once again a recycling of the same frauds that he's had on in the last 25 years. I've listened to Art Bell since the beginning, probably longer than most of you and used to respect the man. I don't like how the guy has made his personal grievances public and call it how I see it. I worship no man. He is a media personality and public figure and will be called out on the carpet accordingly.

chefist

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:59:07 PM
I. I worship no man. He is a media personality and public figure and will be called out on the carpet accordingly.

Art has already stated he is mixing old and new...which is what most fans would want in my opinion...he might be keeping them close to the vest has Dave poached and threatened to black list many during the DM launch...

serenity

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:59:07 PM
I've been a member on this site for a few years now. I haven't posted in a while. I still read the thread though. What got me to post today was reading that Bell's first guest will be Nocock. It tells me that his new show will be once again a recycling of the same frauds that he's had on in the last 25 years. I've listened to Art Bell since the beginning, probably longer than most of you and used to respect the man. I don't like how the guy has made his personal grievances public and call it how I see it. I worship no man. He is a media personality and public figure and will be called out on the carpet accordingly.

Good for you. You just made my case. As for listening, I started listening when it was still West coast AM. Been a fan since. So son, you are allowed your opinion, such as it is.
I rest my case................. but reserve the right to reopen at my discretion

nika01

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:49:23 PM

Right....

Well, knock yourself out with your bomb throwing . I'm done, you arent serious.

FortRock

GUEST SUGGESTION FROM THE SCORPION ARMY!
FOR ART BELL

ASTRONAUT ABBY (ABIGALE HARRISON)!

ASTRONAUT ABBY IS A MINNEAPOLIS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT WHO HAS TRAVELED THE NORTH AMERICAN
CONTINENT EDUCATING YOUTH TO SUPPORT MANNED SPACEFLIGHT. SHE HAS TRAVELED TO THE CAPE
TO SEE LAUNCHES, AND TO BAIKONUR COSMODROM TO SEE THE LAUNCH OF A SOYUZ. SHE HAS MET MULTIPLE
ASTRONAUTS FROM THE USA, RUSSIA, AND THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY. SHE IS WORKING ON BECOMING
AN ASTRONAUT HERSELF, AND WILL ENTER WELLESLEY COLLEGE IN THE FALL. SHE IS ENGAGING, DYNAMIC,
AND KNOWLEDGABLE! ART I PROMISE YOU ONE AMAZING, AND POWERFUL SHOW WITH ASTRONAUT ABBY AS
YOUR GUEST! PLEASE HOST AS YOUR GUEST ASTRONAUT ABBY!

ASTRONAUT ABBY'S WEBSITE; http://astronautabby.com/

ASTRONAUT ABBY'S FACEBOOK; https://www.facebook.com/AstronautAbby

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: chefist on May 12, 2015, 06:03:30 PM
Art has already stated he is mixing old and new...which is what most fans would want in my opinion...he might be keeping them close to the vest has Dave poached and threatened to black list many during the DM launch...

We will see. I will listen to the show and give it a chance because it's Bell. He's good. But, if it's the same recycled nonsense, I will be out. No more Dames, Hoagland, Nocock, etc. These guys are proven frauds.

If Bell want's to do a relevant show in 2015, bring on more guests that deal with the biggest crisis we as a nation face today...our caustic political climate!

bateman

Quote from: FortRock on May 12, 2015, 06:08:17 PM
FOR ART BELL

ASTRONAUT ABBY IS A MINNEAPOLIS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT WHO HAS TRAVELED THE NORTH AMERICAN
CONTINENT EDUCATING YOUTH TO SUPPORT MANNED SPACEFLIGHT. SHE HAS TRAVELED TO THE CAPE
TO SEE LAUNCHES, AND TO BAIKONUR COSMODROM TO SEE THE LAUNCH OF A SOYUZ. SHE HAS MET MULTIPLE
ASTRONAUTS FROM THE USA, RUSSIA, AND THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY. SHE IS WORKING ON BECOMING
AN ASTRONAUT HERSELF, AND WILL ENTER WELLESLEY COLLEGE IN THE FALL. SHE IS ENGAGING, DYNAMIC,
AND KNOWLEDGABLE! ART I PROMISE YOU ONE AMAZING, AND POWERFUL SHOW WITH ASTRONAUT ABBY AS

Are you holding her in the well in your basement?

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: serenity on May 12, 2015, 06:04:04 PM
Good for you. You just made my case. As for listening, I started listening when it was still West coast AM. Been a fan since. So son, you are allowed your opinion, such as it is.
I rest my case................. but reserve the right to reopen at my discretion

Fair enough.

eddie dean

Quote from: Juan on May 12, 2015, 04:22:05 PM
I like the way that ghosts carry around reverbs to make their recorded pronouncements (EVPs) sound more spooky.

i agree. If you listen with a critical ear & have some knowledge about the properties of sound, It's hard to overlook the disparity in room reverberation with the ghost hunter and the evp.

albrecht

FOR ART BELL

I agree. Young blood, get kids interested in science, and particularly if RCH calls in and she hands his ass to him in a 'debate' over 19.5 and glass houses!

Quote from: serenity on May 12, 2015, 06:04:04 PM

Even us old time listeners would argue over how much bullshit the guests were peddling the night before. It's a pretty normal state and I'm surprised it somehow turns into a flame war on the internet every time someone brings it up.

Mr. Hanky

FOR ART BELL

Fort Rock, I agree 100% with this guest request to Bell. Abby, unlike Nocock, deals with real science. She would probably make an excellent guest on his new show.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 12, 2015, 06:17:14 PM
Even us old time listeners would argue over how much bullshit the guests were peddling the night before. It's a pretty normal state and I'm surprised it somehow turns into a flame war on the internet every time someone brings it up.

Agreed. I was accused of flaming because of criticizing "Lord Bell's" 1st guest selection of Nocock. Criticizing Nocock wasn't the issue.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 05:29:38 PM
Zahi Hawass, the foremost expert on Egyptian archaeology and knows more than anyone on the face of the planet about Egyptian history, recently walked out on Nocock at a symposium because he wouldn't be associated with this fraud.

If Hawass was so damn smart, he would have debated Hancock and put him in his place.  That was his chance to prove Hancock wrong.  Instead, Hawass acts like an impetuous child and storms out.

Mr. Hanky

I just laughed. I noticed that on the home page it states "154 Guests, 70 Users (12 Hidden)". Who are the 12 hidden users? Are they part of the Majestic-12?

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: ManiacMatt on May 12, 2015, 06:30:12 PM
If Hawass was so damn smart, he would have debated Hancock and put him in his place.  That was his chance to prove Hancock wrong.  Instead, Hawass acts like an impetuous child and storms out.

Dr. Hawass is probably prideful with his prestige and position. He probably would not want to sully his reputation by engaging with a fraudulent turd like Nocock.

I don't blame him.   

nextgen.fm

Well helllo everyone!

Hey, has anyone been able to pick up WTWW 5085khz after dark?