• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on March 13, 2017, 03:56:54 AM
I don't care. Fuck off, and die screaming.

Is this something I can get tatoo'ed? Asking for a friend.

Jackstar

Quote from: loveslibraries on March 13, 2017, 03:52:16 AM
Someone removed comments from 02/23/2017

Surprisingly, this was actually Soupy Sales, and not Hillary.

/shrug

136 or 142

In light of the success of the new King Kong movie, they're making a movie about the origins of George Noory:

"Numb Skull Island"

How many George Noorys does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, because when the lights go out, Noory checks to see if the telephone line is breaking up.

Noory: "I can't figure out why the lights aren't working.  There's nothing wrong with this telephone connection!"

136 or 142

For those who saw the movie "The Madness of King George"

"The Badness of Host George"

diowulf

Quote from: albrecht on March 12, 2017, 08:20:06 PM
I've laughed over the scenario once mentioned here about RCH and Norry hitting on women in dark hotel bars and Norry screwing it up for RCH by speaking, inarticulately, about Hollywood connections etc, after RCH's flowing locks, bolo tie, and references to Sagan and Cronkite had worked on the enamored, bilked attendee at a UFO conference or "big event," and so them resorting to luring women who 'asked for a light' and 'if you want to party' under harsh sodium-lights at truck stops into no-tell motels. RCH shaking his golden hair at Norry's pathetic attempt to parlay some tumeric for services, "its pure I got it from a Doctor, Dr. Wallach."

;D ;D ;D

Attendee: I work at a newspaper.
George: Wow! Is it hard?
RCH: You're right George, it is a fascinating line of work. I learned so much about it when my services were retained by none other than Walter Cronkite.
Attendee: That is quite an honor, because he truly is the gold standard in the industry!
RCH: Well thank-
George: So what's toughest story you had to cover? Was it about a dead baby?
Attendee: What!?
RCH: Ha! George you're crazy! He's always making crazy jokes. George just doesn't give a shit, he's a wild man. That's why I like partying with him. So anyway what about your friend?
Attendee: I don't know where she got off too..
(George and the attendee start to say something at the same time, then both stop)
Attendee: Go ahead
George: Go ahead
Attendee: Go ahead
George: So what do you do for work?

michio

Georgie gives money to homeless people from the comfort and safety of his automobile while stopped at traffic lights, packing heat with a fast draw should sumthin schtrange happin.

A study he quoted said though you may believe these donors to the homeless to be nice people, it doesn't mean they are necessarily nice. This obviously struck a nerve with Georgie who, as a nice and humble guy, makes it loud and clear that he gives money to homeless people, doing so without expecting people to be awed by his niceness to his fellow humans.

Georgie had Peter Breggin on to say these donors to the homeless are usually richer and happier (as if having lots of money connotes happiness), saying it was basically a progressive study ("left people") to downplay the niceness and generosity of Georgie and wealthy people like the billionaire running the country. It was their way to get revenge on the people who caused them to lose the election. Georgie wholeheartedly agreed, thanking Peter for his spot-on analysis and service to humankind.

Georgie and Peter could take a discussion of the finer points of knitting socks and turn it into a tale of Soros funded voter fraud. Keep up that political impartiality and Cronkite-esque reporting, sNoory.  ::)

zeebo

George's insightful observation about Salvador Dali is "he had that crazy mustache".  (By the way I picked up that gem after only listening for 2 minutes, so you do the math on how much brilliance is in each show.)

136 or 142

Quote from: michio on March 13, 2017, 11:56:12 PM
Georgie gives money to homeless people from the comfort and safety of his automobile while stopped at traffic lights, packing heat with a fast draw should sumthin schtrange happin.

A study he quoted said though you may believe these donors to the homeless to be nice people, it doesn't mean they are necessarily nice. This obviously struck a nerve with Georgie who, as a nice and humble guy, makes it loud and clear that he gives money to homeless people, doing so without expecting people to be awed by his niceness to his fellow humans.

Georgie had Peter Breggin on to say these donors to the homeless are usually richer and happier (as if having lots of money connotes happiness), saying it was basically a progressive study ("left people") to downplay the niceness and generosity of Georgie and wealthy people like the billionaire running the country. It was their way to get revenge on the people who caused them to lose the election. Georgie wholeheartedly agreed, thanking Peter for his spot-on analysis and service to humankind.

Georgie and Peter could take a discussion of the finer points of knitting socks and turn it into a tale of Soros funded voter fraud. Keep up that political impartiality and Cronkite-esque reporting, sNoory.  ::)

Breggin claimed those on the right did not treat Obama harshly like 'some of those' on the left are treating Trump, and that those on the left are reacting with anger.

If that is the case, then, depending on what he meant by 'reacting with anger' then, since those on the right did not react with anger, but some of those on the left are, that must mean that, if some of this anger results in crime, incidents of violent or hate or 'angry' crimes must have risen.

Yet, other than some of the illegal protests where arrests were made, the only rise in crimes I've heard about are from those who have been committing hate crimes who have been emboldened by the election of Trump.

Although the crime statistics have not been released for the months following Trump's election, a google search does not yield any mention of increases in crimes of anger other than the hate crimes I mentioned above.

So, to me this clearly indicates that most anger in America is apolitical.  Since, Breggin is a psychiatrist, this must also mean that he has taken a number of statistics courses and should be able to analyse his views through a lens of basic 'mathematical logic.'  I think it's pretty clear Breggin is using his platform on Coast to vent his political views, and is not offering a professional opinion.

Also, it's pretty ironic that Noory had Breggin on to discuss the study on the idea that people aren't as nice as they think they are, given that with all of Breggin's comments on the 'need to be a loving person' he must think he is a very nice person who never says a negative word.  See how that works if you ask him about homosexuals or about the pharmaceutical industry.

Since I've never pretended to be nice, I'll just say Dr Breggin is a quack with outdated and incorrect views about psychiatric drugs and he should have his medical license revoked.

PChirp

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 14, 2017, 02:52:32 AM

Since I've never pretended to be nice, I'll just say Dr Breggin is a quack with outdated and incorrect views about psychiatric drugs and he should have his medical license revoked.

This "M.D." has been going on for years regarding NOT prescribing psychoactive drugs.  If he's a psychiatrist (physician) who refuses/won't prescribe psychoactive drugs, he's a 'glorified' psychologist.   Let's call him for what he is people, enough of the utter bullshit. 

diowulf

Jesus Christ, can we get more description of the dead cat and how it was tortured? Why would people want to hear about it? What positive effect would a "worker in the light" expect it to have for him or his listeners to hear the details of the torture? Of all the things that happened in the world yesterday, how was it determined this was important news? The only possible answer to these questions is that Noory has a puerile fascination with the torture of animals. What a fucking mean baby. Just shut up and get that nutjob Lynn Kitei on the air already

zeebo

^^ I had to turn that off instantly.  Now, what I would like to hear, in excruciating detail, is the misery visited upon the S.O.B. responsible for doing such a thing.

zeebo

Quote from: PChirp ℞💊 on March 14, 2017, 04:37:43 AM
This "M.D." has been going on for years regarding NOT prescribing psychoactive drugs.  If he's a psychiatrist (physician) who refuses/won't prescribe psychoactive drugs, he's a 'glorified' psychologist.   Let's call him for what he is people, enough of the utter bullshit.

What this goof doesn't understand, is that sometimes the meds are a useful or even necessary compliment to the behavioral approaches that can help folks manage their issues.  It's not an all-or-nothing game like he seems to be preaching.  To just blanket reject a class of drugs which can help a significant number of people at least in certain cases, is pretty irresponsible imho.   

PChirp

Quote from: zeebo on March 14, 2017, 02:36:51 PM
What this goof doesn't understand, is that sometimes the meds are a useful or even necessary compliment to the behavioral approaches that can help folks manage their issues.  It's not an all-or-nothing game like he seems to be preaching.  To just blanket reject a class of drugs which can help a significant number of people at least in certain cases, is pretty irresponsible imho.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Zeeb.  According to his Wiki page, he's actually still practicing his 'brand' of psychiatry in Ithaca, New York at the ripe old age of 80. "In his books, he advocates replacing psychiatry's use of drugs and electroconvulsive therapy with psychotherapy, education, empathy, love and broader human services".   I get the gist but how does one effectively 'treat' a raving schizophrenic or a manic depressive with psychotherapy, education, empathy, and love alone?!?  These are structural and/or biochemical perturbations within the brain.  Something tells me he has a very limited scope as to the patients he treats in his practice or he does a LOT of referrals.   :-\

NoMoreNoory

To be fair to Breggin, I have heard him approve the use of drugs in the short term, and I don't suppose for a moment he would advocate treating anyone in the grip of a full-blown psychotic episode purely with love and empathy. He specifically argues against the mid- to long-term prescription of psychoactive drugs which, as is well-documented, become counter-productive and produce their own symptoms of deep depression and suicidal thoughts, as well as the extreme difficulty of weaning off these powerful drugs, also well-documented, with brain-zaps, etc.
He also argues against the prescription of anti-depressants to people who turn up at their doctors complaining of feeling a bit down - the so-called 'worried well'.
I thought he was absolutely wrong to politicize his comments about people expressing anger.

zeebo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 14, 2017, 11:33:00 PM
To be fair to Breggin, I have heard him approve the use of drugs in the short term, and I don't suppose for a moment he would advocate treating anyone in the grip of a full-blown psychotic episode purely with love and empathy. ...

It might depend on the drug, but pretty sure I heard him awhile back insisting to a caller that there is no scientific evidence anti-depressants have any significant therapeutic effects.  (I'm no expert but this would seem to be a rather contrarian view.)

He specifically argues against the mid- to long-term prescription of psychoactive drugs which, as is well-documented, become counter-productive and produce their own symptoms of deep depression and suicidal thoughts, as well as the extreme difficulty of weaning off these powerful drugs, also well-documented, with brain-zaps, etc.

This is more fair ground to debate imho, since I'd agree many of these drugs are very casually prescribed, with little thought about side-effects or long term dependencies.  Doctors are supposed to weigh such risks against the possible benefits of course. 

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: zeebo on March 14, 2017, 11:44:02 PM
It might depend on the drug, but pretty sure I heard him awhile back insisting to a caller that there is no scientific evidence anti-depressants have any significant therapeutic effects.  (I'm no expert but this would seem to be a rather contrarian view.)

A lot would depend on your definition of 'therapeutic', I suppose. I've heard him advocate the importance of therapy in conjunction with meds. Anti-depressants are a mask, after all: they may suppress symptoms, they don't cure anything or deal with the emotional and psychological causes of the depression.

zeebo

Ok so I guess this is sexist but I didn't know there were dude witches.

Quote from: diowulf on March 14, 2017, 10:39:27 AM
Jesus Christ, can we get more description of the dead cat and how it was tortured? Why would people want to hear about it? What positive effect would a "worker in the light" expect it to have for him or his listeners to hear the details of the torture? Of all the things that happened in the world yesterday, how was it determined this was important news? The only possible answer to these questions is that Noory has a puerile fascination with the torture of animals. What a fucking mean baby. Just shut up and get that nutjob Lynn Kitei on the air already
Ditto.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 15, 2017, 01:21:28 AM
Ok so I guess this is sexist but I didn't know there were dude witches.
Oh, heck, yeah, Zeeb.  I grew up with "Bewitched."  Samantha taught me everything. ;)

136 or 142

To be fair to Breggin, I have heard him approve the use of drugs in the short term, and I don't suppose for a moment he would advocate treating anyone in the grip of a full-blown psychotic episode purely with love and empathy. He specifically argues against the mid- to long-term prescription of psychoactive drugs which, as is well-documented, become counter-productive and produce their own symptoms of deep depression and suicidal thoughts, as well as the extreme difficulty of weaning off these powerful drugs, also well-documented, with brain-zaps, etc.
He also argues against the prescription of anti-depressants to people who turn up at their doctors complaining of feeling a bit down - the so-called 'worried well'.
I thought he was absolutely wrong to politicize his comments about people expressing anger.

I don't remember hearing that from Breggin but I find it a little hard to believe he would have said that.  He argues there is no evidence of brain chemistry induced problems, either severe depression or psychosis including schizophrenia and argues all of these conditions are due to personal events. 

This is one of the main reasons I say that his views are at least 20 years out of date.

Quote from: diowulf on March 14, 2017, 10:39:27 AM
In my opinion, Noory is a narcisistic sociopath. He revels in hearing stories of tortured children and animals. He was probably getting himself off to the lurid details.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 15, 2017, 09:42:39 AM
I don't remember hearing that from Breggin but I find it a little hard to believe he would have said that.  He argues there is no evidence of brain chemistry induced problems, either severe depression or psychosis including schizophrenia and argues all of these conditions are due to personal events. 

This is one of the main reasons I say that his views are at least 20 years out of date.

20 years ago, I would suggest, the Prozac Nation was in full flood, teenagers were being driven to suicide on Paxil and kids were being force-fed Ritalin under the guise of an invented syndrome called ADHD but ought to have been called Being A Normal Child Syndrome. My girlfriend, then in her teens, was prescribed anti-depressants. When she went back to say she felt no better, she was prescribed a second anti-depressant to take concurrently. When she decided to take herself off them, she went back to her doctor for advice and was basically told 'No idea. You're on your own.'
America needs to begin by breaking its assumption that there's a pill for everything.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on March 15, 2017, 03:50:49 PM
In my opinion, Noory is a narcisistic sociopath. He revels in hearing stories of tortured children and animals. He was probably getting himself off to the lurid details.

He certainly enjoyed pranking Falkie

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 15, 2017, 08:20:43 PM
He certainly enjoyed pranking Falkie
And I recall several times he has been demeaning to women guests and callers and "pranks" or makes fun of certain callers. Giving books to blind people, claiming that he has never talked to or met the caller before (someone who paid to be at a "Big Event," always promising some "Charitable Foundation" to help listeners who are poor or disabled, and then hawking very questionable medical advice, while recently cleverly, sometimes, couching it with some legalese to not "promote" or "promise" and health advice- although involved, at some level it would appear, financially in the business and even promoting a multi-level marketing scheme (or so it seems.) And the "date" stuff which, appears, to be linked to various "dating" (information gathering from what I can tell) sites. Note I also will use allege, appears, etc. Lest paralegals get involved.
Having said that he is still good for comedy and I still am not sure if he is a clever operator or just some mumbling, bumbling guy who got into a position which others figured could be used to market a lot of stuff and not offend, too much, a captured audience (late night listeners, home-bound, truckdrivers, etc.)

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: albrecht on March 15, 2017, 10:24:55 PM
And I recall several times he has been demeaning to women guests and callers and "pranks" or makes fun of certain callers. Giving books to blind people, claiming that he has never talked to or met the caller before (someone who paid to be at a "Big Event," always promising some "Charitable Foundation" to help listeners who are poor or disabled, and then hawking very questionable medical advice, while recently cleverly, sometimes, couching it with some legalese to not "promote" or "promise" and health advice- although involved, at some level it would appear, financially in the business and even promoting a multi-level marketing scheme (or so it seems.) And the "date" stuff which, appears, to be linked to various "dating" (information gathering from what I can tell) sites. Note I also will use allege, appears, etc. Lest paralegals get involved.
Having said that he is still good for comedy and I still am not sure if he is a clever operator or just some mumbling, bumbling guy who got into a position which others figured could be used to market a lot of stuff and not offend, too much, a captured audience (late night listeners, home-bound, truckdrivers, etc.)

Case in point: he just trotted out his tired old line that 'we're working on a bunch of goodies' for Coast Insiders'. Yeah, right. Remember George Time?

He follows that by trailing his Lunch With George which, he said, will be 'this coming Thursday, March 30th, just a few weeks away now.' Moron can't even read a calendar now. This coming Thursday will be the 23rd: the 30th exactly two weeks away.

- GNS

"I try not to talk about religion, and politics... as much as I can, at least. - George Noory

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on March 15, 2017, 11:55:42 PM
"I try not to talk about religion, and politics... as much as I can, at least. - George Noory

Should we even react to this anymore? He literally  tries to squeeze  both these topics  into every show.

zeebo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on March 16, 2017, 12:02:31 AM
Should we even react to this anymore? He literally  tries to squeeze  both these topics  into every show.

He's likes folks to know though that he's fair and balanced about these things he never discusses.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 15, 2017, 05:26:15 AM
Oh, heck, yeah, Zeeb.  I grew up with "Bewitched."  Samantha taught me everything. ;)

According to Wikipedia she had an affair when her children were young.  It only last 2.5 years, but it broke up the children's family, her family.  So much for "pretty, and FUN".