• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150921 - Dr. Jeffrey Long - NDEs - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 21, 2015, 04:43:34 PM

AppealPlay

If you raised a baby in the sewer, would it be a mean baby when you brought it through the manhole?

TigerLily

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 21, 2015, 11:28:11 PM
I am crossing my fingers the callers tonight are really good. This guest is awesome and I am loving this show tonight.
+1

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 21, 2015, 11:28:52 PM
Has any guest ever heard a question that isn't/wasn't "GREAT"?

At this time of night, its either this or the Magic Juicer infomercial. Both do use "Great question" an awful lot though.

Scully

Five star quality show all the way! My favorite so far.   :)

(Afterlife and possibly reincarnation.)

maren

Quote from: norland2424 on September 21, 2015, 11:30:33 PM
does everyone here believe in an afterlife, reincarnation or " nothingness" ?

The eternal now.  We're experiencing it all right now.  Time is an illusion. . I don't quite understand it, but that's my sense of it.

lonevoice

Quote from: Mild Bill on September 21, 2015, 11:28:38 PM
I wonder what influence Dr. Raymond Moody had on the guest.
Good question. From the editorial reviews of Dr. Long's book on amazon:

“Dr. Jeff Long and journalist Paul Perry have done a phenomenal job in clarifying current events in the study of near-death experiences. Dr. Long’s work is leading us closer to a rational solution of the afterlife mystery.” (Raymond Moody, M.D., Ph.D., author of Life after Life)

Wisecracker

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 11:33:49 PM
If you raised a baby in the sewer, would it be a mean baby when you brought it through the manhole?

not sure if he'd be mean, but I bet his first word would be goo-goo

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 21, 2015, 11:35:29 PM
At this time of night, its either this or the Magic Juicer infomercial. Both do use "Great question" an awful lot though.

Good point!

TigerLily

Can I vote for 2? Afterlife and reincarnation

Quote from: Dr_Blue on September 21, 2015, 11:33:18 PM
Interesting... what or who were you previous?

I once did a deep meditation, that I learned how to do after reading a book about reincarnation, and had a past life regression. It was the 1920s and I was with my husband and was pregnant but the baby wasn't his. He didn't know. Sooo, if that was my past life, I wasn't a very good person.

AppealPlay

Alright, I hate to critical of Art but the quality of a couple of the ads is not good.  This Richard Dolan commercial was obviously recorded outside on a windy day and the Keith "DO MORE TIME TRAVELING" spot is amateurish.  I just feel like if MITD is going to go national that the quality of the ads (and the Leo Ashcraft segments) has to be more polished.

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 21, 2015, 11:35:32 PM
The Chris Hadfield story was rather cool. Here he is singing space oddity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poZCINzxzrQ

I just love that. Best version of that song....EVER.

Dr_Blue

Afterlife and possibly reincarnation but I think past lifes/experiences are "BLOCKED" if they weren't , it would mess with our current experience. Imagine being a poor person in a 3rd world country and remembering that you were a Queen/King in a former life...damn distracting.

maren

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 11:35:52 PM
Good question. From the editorial reviews of Dr. Long's book on amazon:

“Dr. Jeff Long and journalist Paul Perry have done a phenomenal job in clarifying current events in the study of near-death experiences. Dr. Long’s work is leading us closer to a rational solution of the afterlife mystery.” (Raymond Moody, M.D., Ph.D., author of Life after Life)

I think Moody was the one who brought NDEs into the mainstream.  Life After Life was a big seller across the board, if I remember correctly. 

RoseGirl

Quote from: popple on September 21, 2015, 11:36:57 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I heard him give a lecture about his space experience some time ago. Just riveting.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 11:38:07 PM
Alright, I hate to critical of Art but the quality of a couple of the ads is not good.  This Richard Dolan commercial was obviously recorded outside on a windy day and the Keith "DO MORE TIME TRAVELING" spot is amateurish.  I just feel like if MITD is going to go national that the quality of the ads (and the Leo Ashcraft segments) has to be more polished.

At least we aren't being spammed with Alongside Night constantly.

Art needs to stop playing around and have a DMT trip live on the air on a Friday.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 21, 2015, 11:38:25 PM
I just love that. Best version of that song....EVER.

David Bowie loved it, said it was the most poignant version ever.

Mild Bill

Quote from: maren on September 21, 2015, 11:35:48 PM
The eternal now.  We're experiencing it all right now.  Time is an illusion. . I don't quite understand it, but that's my sense of it.

Einstein answered the same thing. He said the past, the present and the future were all the Eternal Now.