• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: rekcuf on April 25, 2016, 09:53:42 AM
You hurt him in his feels, bro.

it's just that everyone on the internet has always liked me.  until now.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on April 25, 2016, 10:20:03 AM

Hmmm. But being 'loathed' by a paranoid heroin addict in Seattle isn't really a good starting point. Now is it?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 25, 2016, 10:22:32 AM

Hmmm. But being 'loathed' by a paranoid heroin addict in Seattle isn't really a good starting point. Now is it?

his anger over the ignore feature's removal has allowed a wide array of people to see his posts once again.  can't figure out why that would bother ol' moobs.

I'm sorry for your loss.  :'(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on April 25, 2016, 10:25:52 AM
his anger over the ignore feature's removal has allowed a wide array of people to see his posts once again.  can't figure out why that would bother ol' moobs.

Maybe it's just you? Maybe his loathing is more incandescent rage because he isn't praised? But then, he cannot bestow the very coverted turbo and HIV mode. In short, jealousy.

Quote from: MV on April 25, 2016, 10:25:52 AM

"His parents died; they told me they didn't believe in him when he was a child." -Sean David Morton Jr. (Commenting about the life and times of Jackstar)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 25, 2016, 10:29:07 AM
Maybe it's just you? Maybe his loathing is more incandescent rage because he isn't praised? But then, he cannot bestow the very coverted turbo and HIV mode. In short, jealousy.

Praise MV.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on April 25, 2016, 10:30:46 AM
Praise MV.

Whoever he is. But yeah, praise M whatever. He's getting better everyday.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 25, 2016, 10:31:42 AM
Whoever he is. But yeah, praise M whatever. He's getting better everyday.

he gets it.

Kolchak

Quote from: trostol on April 25, 2016, 11:19:26 AM
why do i feel like he was just on lol

It's been a while. Can't imagine he has anything new to offer. Whenever I think of him I'm reminded of his appearance on Penn and Teller's "Bullshit," where he and another fellow floated atop Loch Ness, finding nothing and just generally looking sad. 

zeebo

Quote from: JesusJuice on April 25, 2016, 08:39:36 AM
Nick Redfern tonight. Maybe a listen.

I actually thought after Fri's unpleasant prince/opiate show, maybe that was my last mitd.  But I do think Nick's a good guest, so might check it out.

73s

Quote from: zeebo on April 25, 2016, 03:58:49 PM
I actually thought after Fri's unpleasant prince/opiate show, maybe that was my last mitd.  But I do think Nick's a good guest, so might check it out.

I'm mostly off the wagon now. If you guys rave about an episode I might go back and listen, otherwise not.

norland2424

Just remember dont build it up for yourself before hand and things will be fine.

Gruntled

Quote from: 73s on April 25, 2016, 04:18:42 PM
I'm mostly off the wagon now. If you guys rave about an episode I might go back and listen, otherwise not.
Kinda how I'm feeling too, 73's

ShayP

Quote from: norland2424 on April 25, 2016, 04:59:31 PM
Just remember dont build it up for yourself before hand and things will be fine.

Voice of reason in so many ways.

trostol

i swore there was a thread about it elsewhere..but i can not find it..and this gets more views...if any one watches..Penny Dreadful returns this sunday..but is on On Demand right now plus

https://youtu.be/808ymK3sJdk

Kolchak

Quote from: trostol on April 25, 2016, 07:22:13 PM
i swore there was a thread about it elsewhere..but i can not find it..and this gets more views...if any one watches..Penny Dreadful returns this sunday..but is on On Demand right now plus

https://youtu.be/808ymK3sJdk

I've watched every season. It's uneven in places, but a great show nonetheless. Also, Eva Green. Enough said.

trostol

Quote from: Kolchak on April 25, 2016, 07:47:37 PM
I've watched every season. It's uneven in places, but a great show nonetheless. Also, Eva Green. Enough said.

this episode was solid..

Firefighter

unpleasant is one way to describe it and the best way it's not harsh or over the top, the show was a mess...

Firefighter

Quote from: Firefighter on April 25, 2016, 07:54:55 PM
unpleasant is one way to describe it and the best way it's not harsh or over the top, the show was a mess...

Call in with anything you want to talk about

Caller:" chemtrails over my nieghborhood once...

hw: (cutting in) "you know, Prince once talked about chemtrails...did you ever see him live in concert?"

Caller: "no never did...the chemtrails were in a crisscross pattern and..."

hw: (cutting in again) "I never did either pfft...and you know pfft I never will get that chance, the way he moved those hips uh I just wow......"

Now I don't think chemtrails are all that interesting I do think it's an appropriate topic for the show

Firefighter

Quote from: JesusJuice on April 25, 2016, 08:39:36 AM
Nick Redfern tonight. Maybe a listen.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/nick-redfern/

http://archive.is/g40RA

Nick Redfern is an accomplished podcaster, has been on radio professionally as a guest and hosting shows...another recent guest on mitd that can interview himself...this pattern of radio show hosts as guests is growing

albrecht

I find interesting that a show on opiates and an addict who died from them is causing several people to quit listening to the show or, on the other hand, some people do more drugs and abuse alcohol to deal with it.

Dr. MD MD

Like a lot of posts on Bellgab, I see it as performance art so maybe they still do.  I always feel kinda honored when Jackstar insults me ;)

Firefighter

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2016, 08:40:56 PM
I find interesting that a show on opiates and an addict who died from them is causing several people to quit listening to the show or, on the other hand, some people do more drugs and abuse alcohol to deal with it.

I tune in to hear stories of strangeness, UFOs, ghost, cryptozoology and the occasional crazy caller that is just bat crazy...seems those days are fading away...Friday night  openlines struck a chord with me, I work on an inner city ambulance and deal with the opiate epidemic daily...paranormal radio is an escape...I did heed advice I've received before when i complained about mitd and changed the station to ctoc...well to be honest switching between the two

I believe the "quit listening" may also stem from how the show/host presented the topics listed in above quote

trostol

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2016, 08:40:56 PM

i do not like open lines so i didnt listen save the beginning but it seems more of ..her being on a soapbox about it

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2016, 09:03:34 PM
Like a lot of posts on Bellgab, I see it as performance art so maybe they still do.  I always feel kinda honored when Jackstar insults me ;)

Jackstar is just being a cunt, its not an act.

starrmtn001

Some of us still do.

PRAISE MV! ;D

MR. Spock

i like you.