• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WhiteCrow

Thanks for all the memories ... Mr Bell... Better tomorrows

gabrielle

From Art's facebook page:

Thank you whoever posted this, it is the third of (3) reports given. It's hard to believe I even have to post this, in a prior one a witness saw a Man firing rounds at or near my studio on a dead end street!
Nye County Sheriff's Office
17 mins ·
PRESS RELEASE:
On 12/09/2015 at approximately 2006 NCSO Dispatch received a 911 call from the wife of Art Bell reporting that he was out walking on the property and he had called her from his cell phone to tell her someone had shot at him and then he stopped responding.
NCSO Deputies responded and checked the area. Art Bell was located laying on the ground of his property with no injuries. He reported to responding deputies that he was not sure if the noise he heard was a firework or gunshot.
Deputies did a thorough check of the area and located no one and also did not locate any evidence of gunshots. Deputies maintained extra patrol in the area over the remainder of the week however nothing was discovered. At this point the investigation is closed unless further information is discovered.
Art

aldousburbank

What a weird week. I wonder if bacon is still awesome. I'm going to check.

DanTSX

Quote from: coaster on December 12, 2015, 08:05:50 PM
It's pretty silly that some people think the shooter thing was fake.

If art got shot, they would say art shot himself.

So many here need a Thorazine drip.

I blame deinstitutionalization.

DanTSX

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 12, 2015, 08:50:18 PM
What a weird week. I wonder if bacon is still awesome. I'm going to check.
I had two orders this morning with my Nutella crepes wit) polish sour cherry sauce.

I assure you that bacon is probably the only constant we have in the positive side of the world.

DanTSX

Quote from: ge30542 on December 12, 2015, 08:09:16 PM
I'm confused, as Keith sends emails instructing us on how to cancel our subscriptions, and offering refunds, Art asks that we support Heather, stating he may show up once in awhile.
Are Keith and Art on the same page?

Who cares?

Why are you guys acting like if you caught art out on a lie, he would return to the air?

phrodo

Quote from: slippingaway on December 12, 2015, 07:28:25 PM
Dear Art,

When I heard the news, I was floored. My heart goes out to you and yours. By all means, do what you must to protect your wife and child. Set up a sting or something to bring this bastard to justice.  All MUST NOT be allowed to go so awry in the Kingdom of Nye!

I would put my life on hold to be come be armed security if your needed, because you mean that much to me and so many. You are a NATIONAL TREASURE! No one could be more loyal than a fan. You practically raised a whole generation of disobedient night-owl children, because as kids we refused to go to bed when there are things that go bump in the night, AND we could learn about them all if we just waited till midnight and tuned the radio without waking the parents. 

You were (and are) a conduit to a new way of thinking, and that is why you are being attacked.  Your colleague John B. Wells said it best, "When you are taking the most flack, you know you are directly over the target."  I agree with his sentiment.  You are the ART OF TALK, MR. BELL.

Well, what a ride Art. Here are some memories for you.  It was I who sent the gavel. It was I who was your very first caller on your last open lines night, with the "24 beers and a red-eyed winged creature.

It is I who revere you like a father, or a least a cool uncle.  The messages you bring forth are HUGE. You are a mouthpiece of common sense and good in an otherwise holographic reality of human conditioning.  Hat's off to you, Mr. Bell.  You created this genre (more or less), and the haters here need to be removed from this reality.

My advice, would be to stay safe. Arm yourself and maybe get Asia a smartwatch with GPS. If in the least she would never lose her watch. I would love to help you fortify.

If Pahrump is so hostile all the sudden, why not go elsewhere? Perhaps a stronghold in Colorado, where the air is crisp, the people are proper mid-westerners, and fiber-optics are everywhere already.  I already know the answer, because you are probably set in your ways that you would want to be buried in Pahrump. It's home. It's where the heart is.

ART, I NEVER GOT TO ASK YOU: IF IN THE EVENT OF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, ARE WE ALL TO COME TO PAHRUMP AND FORTIFY IT AS THE LAST HOPE FOR HUMANITY?

God bless you sir, with peace and long life.  Losing you again is a sad day for many, many of us.  I wish we could all do a Art Bell family meet and greet cruise.  I never got to buy you a steak dinner, and that's proof positive that your time with us all is too short.

Heather has my support, my blessings, and possibly my heart. She is a darling and I will listen when time provides.  Please don't let your decision to put family first be the end of Dark Matter Digital Network. 

You hear that Kieth? Don't just fold it.  The mission is too important. Your channel is on the bleeding edge.  Bring in John B. Wells, doesn't have to be his timeslot, doesn't have to be live, but just make arrangements to stream a few episodes even if a few days behind.

Could always shine a light on Whitley. Dreamland is still very much a connected part of many of us fans. I subscribe to Whitley.

I've had about 20 hours to process my anger and frustration at whomever took Mr. Bell away.  I don't smell prem-rat guys, I smell a dark and sinister bastard that needs to be taken out.  Neutralized.  He is infringing on constitutionally protected rights. Them inalienable kind. 

ATTN Nye Sheriff's Department, get the damn perp(s) and earn your f^$king salary.

Now THAT's a heartfelt long post worth reading. +1

b_dubb

https://m.facebook.com/Nye-County-Sheriffs-Office-512916855518161/

Nye County Sheriff Facebook profile post about a call to Art's house

DanTSX

Quote from: b_dubb on December 12, 2015, 09:06:34 PM

There is no proof that art didn't pay off the police to make that up

It's all a hoax. ;D

Quote from: b_dubb on December 12, 2015, 09:06:34 PM

It's pretty wild that they had to put that out...........

*sigh*

ponyboysunset

They also said the investigation is closed. Still doesn't explain why he risked the life of his family to come on air last night. Or why he is dangling the carrot of occasionally hosting.

deadmeow

The poor guy almost gets blown away while walking to his studio to do a show, decides to keep trying and go back on the air, but after his family is in tears, he steps back.  He even offers refunds for show subscribers.  At this point, all you can say is he gave 100%, and he may be able to do more when things cool down.

Hopefully he can do a show now and then, (without interference), when he feels comfortable enough to try again and things will go smoothly.  And the people that say they will never listen again, well they won't have to complain again either, I suppose.

DanTSX

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 12, 2015, 09:18:48 PM
They also said the investigation is closed. Still doesn't explain why he risked the life of his family to come on air last night. Or why he is dangling the carrot of occasionally hosting.

If you catch him in a lie, he will surely come back and do a show...just for you

Meister_000

Playing now . . .

Drunken karaoke tonight, starting at about 9:45PM Eastern, 6:45PM Pacific.

To listen, go to:

UFOShip.com/chat

http://tunein.com/radio/UFOShipcom-s237118/

ponyboysunset

Quote from: DanTSX on December 12, 2015, 09:22:13 PM
If you catch him in a lie, he will surely come back and do a show...just for you
Oh no sir, I am not listening or subscribing to that train wreck ever again.But lots of others will and Godspeed to them all. Not the first time I have had an unpopular opinion here and won't be the last.

NXOEED

I'm pretty bummed out, but I get it. I don't blame Art. If I were in his position, being shot at and threatened, loved ones begging me to give it up, I'd give it up. The man has a right to want to keep his family safe.

DanTSX

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 12, 2015, 09:26:50 PM
Oh no sir, I am not listening or subscribing to that train wreck ever again.But lots of others will and Godspeed to them all. Not the first time I have had an unpopular opinion here and won't be the last.

I don't think your opinion is that unpopular here.  At least in the numerical sense.  Which is why I'm so amazed and disappointed by some of them.

Quote from: Bleefy on December 12, 2015, 05:49:14 PM
From Facebook a few minutes ago:

What I would like most now is for nothing more to happen. People ask if they catch this person would I come back? Perhaps I would if I was sure it was stopped. There are people saying I made all this up to leave, in what Universe does that make sense? I love what I do.

The other thing is that it's a stunt for ratings, really? Ratings for a show that no longer is on the air?

No, there is only one reason and that is my Wife after the third incident said enough. She has been very strong through all this but everybody has a point when it is just a Radio show and not worth getting hurt over. I wish more then my fans that I could keep doing what I love. For now all I want is peace for my Family.

Art

Wow, really?  Why not wake up every morning, announce a comeback, and quit by noon.  Shouldn't take more than a few weeks to shake off the last of your die hard fans.

Claudius

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 12, 2015, 09:36:47 PM

Wow, really?  Why not wake up every morning, announce a comeback, and quit by noon.  Shouldn't take more than a few weeks to shake off the last of your die hard fans.
I tend to agree, the I'm done for all time post, then well maybe sometimes I'll host, to, well if I was somehow 100% sure this was over I might come back posts are in poor taste to me. He waffles more than... someone who waffles quite a bit.

Dick Grinder

There is no evidence of any would-be assassin, other than the claim by the putative target.

Freyja

Quote from: Art Bell on December 12, 2015, 07:53:54 PM
For the record I was in my own house on Skype. Also I see somebody has posted the third and most recent Police report on my FB page.

Art

Art, thank you for the direct response to my post. I am surprised and encouraged.

Since you did respond directly to what I wrote, please allow me to ask/drill down further.

Help us all understand how there is any difference in you "being in your own house on Skype" any different than being on the air in your guest house on your own same property, understanding that you have to walk between the 2 properties to get to your studio..therefore the obvious logistical risk.

If this so called alleged perp wants you allegedly off the air and thus the cause of the recent alleged events, as this is the seeming route you have chosen, what difference does it make if you are on the air with Heather Wade from Skype at your home or on the air from your studio in your guest house?

How does going on the air with Heather Wade last night ensure any further safety for your family vs you doing your regular program?

How does not doing the show and quitting make any of you any safer where obviously whoever has perpetrated these past incidents, knows where you live, knows what Asia looks like by you posting her photos on the internet etc.

You are a famous talented man, well acknowledged in the broadcast industry. You are accredited in the Radio Hall of Fame. You have many long term connections with many other influential people with many background over many decades.

You also are a man of means way beyond most of us here.

Please don't tell me or us that the Pahrump police department is your only recourse to ensure the safety of you and your family and/or to assist you in finding who is behind these recent events and put them to an end, other than the only solution for you and your family's safety is for you to quit MITD.

I understand and hear that you have had to have armed guards in the past...you don't want to do this again. I get it....that is no way to live.

Unfortunately being a public figure often comes with a price and difficulty.

Many folks here and all over the net who have followed you for years put tremendous effort and faith in you, waiting for your non compete to expire and assisting bringing you back to the air.

Those same people all over the net, would have tirelessly helped to assist you in both finding a solution that would keep you, your family safe so that you would be able to continue to do what you claim to love.

We did not expect you to not do due diligence, from what we know to date, to solve this current crisis, other than to have you quit once again.

You had many other options IMHO and the resources to pursue them yet you chose not to and I can't help but question why...

Understandably, if your announcement to quit was done after the shock and stress of the latest incident, I hope that for yourself, your family and for your vast audience that you begin to consider the many other options you have, other than just quitting MITD, unless of course this is something you no longer wish to continue to do for other reasons.

Again, let me thank you for the more than 2 decades of outstanding brain dancing radio.

I wish you, Airyn and Asia nothing but the best: happiness, health, love and safety.

Namaste.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 12, 2015, 09:36:47 PM

He probably should have called it an indefinite hiatus and gave the reasons why then put in a rotating guest host thing and then randomly done shows for a while to keep the fire warm for when the threat passes. Even if he only did 10 or so shows a year it wouldn't be any different than how the last few years of coast were but he'd still have maintained full control over MITD's content and direction.

It wouldn't have been ideal from affiliate or subscription standpoint, but it would be better than this. Plus lots of talented people around here to fill in. Bateman, MV, Red etc.

coaster

Why does the Pahrump sheriff have ratings on facebook? I thought a rating system was a way for businesses to compete for, and get feedback from customers. I understand if a citizen wants to talk to them via fb, but the rating system doesn't make sense. Facebook is stupid.

albrecht

At least the "winners"  >:( at IHate, Inc are running good old Art shows on Sat night right now. And, yes, Art talking politics on this one with the secret Clinton files guy, but still darn good! And I liked when Art did politics/conspiracy...and just about anything. I hope things change but hard to recreate the past, whatever threats are neutralized, and maybe some guest hostings on shows, podcasts, etc at some point.

Claudius

Quote from: coaster on December 12, 2015, 09:56:26 PM
Why does the Pahrump sheriff have ratings on facebook? I thought a rating system was a way for businesses to compete for, and get feedback from customers. I understand if a citizen wants to talk to them via fb, but the rating system doesn't make sense. Facebook is stupid.
The police station a block from me has one review, and it is 1 star. I wonder how long that person was sentenced for?  ::)

Quote from: coaster on December 12, 2015, 09:56:26 PM

This past summer Yelp and the Federal government agreed for their agencies to be open to Yelp reviews.  Local government offices must have decided to do it too, or maybe once the system for rating government offices was in place they had no say in the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/08/18/the-federal-government-wants-you-to-review-it-on-yelp/

Quote from: gabrielle on December 12, 2015, 08:44:57 PM
He reported to responding deputies that he was not sure if the noise he heard was a firework or gunshot.
Deputies did a thorough check of the area and located no one and also did not locate any evidence of gunshots.

Wow, just wow. I'm not even mad, it was a great run. It's a shame his exit strategies always involve hilariously bizarre drama craft. 99.9% of these threats arent credible, Art used troll bait to get his goodbye fix.

slippingaway

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 12, 2015, 09:18:48 PM
Dear Nye County Sheriff's. You have time to troll Facebook and make posts, so how about getting off your lame-duck cowtown laurels and FUCKING DO YOUR GODDAMN JOBS OF PROTECTING AND SERVING.  Art is your taxpayer, and I'm sure spends a fair amount in town, to have HIS civil servants closing the case on what is home-grown assault, criminal trespass, and if guns are in play, attempted murder.  Someone needs to get the state internal affairs involved if they are going to fuck off their jobs so badly.

Just Me

Funny thing how this is going down. First Art is spooked and right after coast comes online with conspiracydate .com

What are the odds of that

trostol

Quote from: slippingaway on December 12, 2015, 10:27:11 PM
Dear Nye County Sheriff's. You have time to troll Facebook and make posts, so how about getting off your lame-duck cowtown laurels and FUCKING DO YOUR GODDAMN JOBS OF PROTECTING AND SERVING.  Art is your taxpayer, and I'm sure spends a fair amount in town, to have HIS civil servants closing the case on what is home-grown assault, criminal trespass, and if guns are in play, attempted murder.  Someone needs to get the state internal affairs involved if they are going to fuck off their jobs so badly.

and who exactly should they go after? is there a description? evidence of exactly who to go after? there was one reported incident of seeing a person..in the shadows...we have 2 incidents of gunshots near his residence...that is all we know..they posted that no evidence was found in this last report so i am really curious what leads the sheriff's should be following