• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on August 09, 2014, 04:14:40 PM
and CGI or just eye-candy instead of acting or plots.

Yes there was a certain element, hmm I forget what was it now, it's so rare to see it any more ...um ... oh yeah ...  good writing.

pyewacket

Quote from: Morgus on August 09, 2014, 03:51:26 PM
and that also explains the proliferation of cheap "reality shows" on TV too...

I'm sick to death of scripted reality shows! They seem to be spawning all over. I can remember when a reality show was 1900 House on PBS- when they had a family live with the limitations of the time period. It was interesting and educational. Today- it's Shakespeare in comparison to the drek that passes for TV.

WildCard

August 2nd 2014
QuoteWoke up around 3:00AM (hate when that happens....) and switched on Coast to see what was going on - not much, as usual. And then Noory started giving his shout-outs to a range of fan faithful.

Fantastic Forum wasn't included btw..........

BUT........ Fantastic Forum 2 was , which I found surprising since I thought the board was fairly inactive, except for Race..
QuoteAs it is folks can't even lurk at FF2 without joining up. Only when they do do they discover where the action is, it ain't.
http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/showthread.php?s=e308d1c2d34aadc6bb2fa405d4a80ae1&threadid=48666&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

George Drooly

Quote from: Nick el Ass on August 09, 2014, 01:04:08 PM
It seems the local radio station here in town has decided to cut off the last hour of The Neorge Goory Show on Fridays for a show about herbal supplements.

How can you tell the difference?

George Drooly

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 09, 2014, 01:19:07 PM
...about two weeks ago I cold swear I heard a guest say "Bet that chaps your ass, George".

What Tommy & George do in the bedroom is none of our business.

wr250

Quote from: George Drooly on August 09, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

probably because the infomercial spokesperson doesnt mush their  words.

WOTR

Quote from: UFQuack on August 09, 2014, 02:28:11 PM

Thanks... George really ought to join them for a tour and quit Coast.  With his smooth, silky voice I am sure he would fit right in with them...

On a side note, ever click on the "worker in the light" page for used amazon books?  There are pages of them for .01 cents.  It is kind of sad. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0765310872/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&sr=1-1&qid=1181260324

Quote from: wotr1 on August 10, 2014, 12:23:46 AM
Thanks... George really ought to join them for a tour and quit Coast.  With his smooth, silky voice I am sure he would fit right in with them...

On a side note, ever click on the "worker in the light" page for used amazon books?  There are pages of them for .01 cents.  It is kind of sad. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0765310872/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&sr=1-1&qid=1181260324

That is just sooooooooo wrong!     

I guess he could try singing My Head's In Mississippi  but he would no doubt flub the lyrics.

"Last night I saw Tommy floating across my ceiling. Last night I saw a naked Tommy, He was floating across my ceiling...."

Nick el Ass

Quote from: George Drooly on August 09, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

The supplement people sound like professionals. Neorge on the other hand is far from it.

WildCard

Quote"I'm truly ashamed and amazed that I didn't like this book.
I'm a long-time fan of Coast to Coast AM (back in the good old days of Art Bell) and really enjoy listening to George. However, this book didn't feel like him writing it. I don't know. I just couldn't get into it. I did not ejnoy him retelling the tales of others."
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/188187.Worker_in_the_Light

Bill Birnes, a real writer and no fan of Borey, wrote it.

UFQuack

Quote from: wotr1 on August 10, 2014, 12:23:46 AM
On a side note, ever click on the "worker in the light" page for used amazon books?  There are pages of them for .01 cents.  It is kind of sad.

lol Jorch, a penny for your thoughts?

$4 bucks for shipping?!

No thanks.

Morgus

No Noory until Tuesday this week!
This is a 3-day Noory Free supermoon weekend... :D

WildCard

Thing's that bring me joy:
Quote from: Morgus on August 10, 2014, 02:58:45 PM

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on August 10, 2014, 02:58:45 PM

I've heard of TGIF, but this is just as good - NNTT (No Noory Till Tuesday).

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on August 10, 2014, 08:59:10 PM
I've heard of TGIF, but this is just as good - NNTT (No Noory Till Tuesday).

ALLELUJAH!!!!!   ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on August 09, 2014, 03:51:26 PM
and that also explains the proliferation of cheap "reality shows" on TV too...
I have not had television in quite some time... So when I heard a radio commercial for the "peoples couch" on the radio I actually wanted to not believe it was possible.  It appears that they will be recording a reality television show of peoples reactions while they watch... reality shows.

If they had a camera there to record my reaction to the commercial I think it would have made their show.  It would have been an honest reaction to the idea of a reality show filming the reactions of people watching reality shows. ???

In case you think I am making this S*** up.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-peoples-couch

WOTR

Quote from: UFQuack on August 10, 2014, 02:40:45 PM
lol Jorch, a penny for your thoughts?

$4 bucks for shipping?!

No thanks.
With all of the books available at that price there has to be one near you.  You could walk in, plop down your penny and leave with great fire starter.

Quote from: wotr1 on August 11, 2014, 12:07:26 AM
I have not had television in quite some time... So when I heard a radio commercial for the "peoples couch" on the radio I actually wanted to not believe it was possible.  It appears that they will be recording a reality television show of peoples reactions while they watch... reality shows.

If they had a camera there to record my reaction to the commercial I think it would have made their show.  It would have been an honest reaction to the idea of a reality show filming the reactions of people watching reality shows. ???

In case you think I am making this S*** up.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-peoples-couch

I've been hearing that advertised too.  But I think you have a great idea.  Fractal television.  Nobody every has to produce anything again.

someguy

Is george gunna talk about the rioting going on in St Louis? I've been watching this live stream for awhile it's great

http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming/

NoMoreNoory

Schrader again tonight. C2C website:

"Filling in for George, who is on assignment, Dave Schrader (email) welcomes bestselling author Whitley Strieber"

So George Noory, ace reporter, the Walter Cronkite of his generation, has been sent on a top secret assignment by Prem Rat. Wtf? Is he learning how to speak, write copy, conduct an interview and cook pizza rolls? We wait with bated breath.......

someguy

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on August 11, 2014, 09:18:59 AM

"Filling in for George, who is on assignment, Dave Schrader (email) welcomes bestselling author Whitley Strieber"

Hahaha he's on assignment now? Did the station send him to go find some microphone grease and a bucket of steam?

Nick el Ass

So George Noory, ace reporter, the Walter Cronkite of his generation, has been sent on a top secret assignment by Prem Rat. Wtf? Is he learning how to speak, write copy, conduct an interview and cook pizza rolls? We wait with bated breath.......

Part of me wonders if they finally pulled Neorge aside to tell him he needs to step up because the ratings are so bad. They probably know they can't keep the same rotation of guests going, and feel bad lying to any potential new ones like the voodoo chick that they had 200 million of them. Either that, or he hurt himself again only this time while trying a Hot Pocket. 

b_dubb

I feel bad that Schrader has to interview Strieber.  That guy has been peddling the same crap for almost half a century. 

ItsOver

Ed Dames should abduct Streiber as his latest bride and honeymoon on a Hoagie cruise vacation, with Noory as the Ship of Fools Love Boat lounge lizard crooner.

Quote from: ItsOver on August 11, 2014, 11:21:44 AM
Ed Dames should abduct Streiber as his latest bride and honeymoon on a Hoagie cruise vacation, with Noory as the Ship of Fools Love Boat lounge lizard crooner.

I tried to picture that.  I think my brain just exploded.  Maybe just an aneurism.  I'm okay.  Really.

George is the headlining act at the intellectual black hole conference called Contact in the desert.  If you're going to spend a weekend educating yourself in the desert, there's probably more cortical activity going on over at Burning Man.

http://contactinthedesert.com/

Any truth to the rumor that his assignment involves an atrazine applicator and the elimination of all the weeds growing out of the cracks in the parking lot of Prem Rat's corporate HQ?

pyewacket

I know this is probably wishful thinking, but what if the management is testing the results of an alternate host during the week? Maybe they will cut GN back to a few nights until they replace him. I did not once roll my eyes or tell the host to "shut up, George!" once in the last two days. I didn't realize just how different the same show/subjects/guests is with another host. I'm no marketing genius so surely others in charge have noticed as well.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 11, 2014, 11:21:44 AM
.... Noory as the Ship of Fools Love Boat lounge lizard crooner.

I think you just hit on Noory's second career.